daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 29th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #1021
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

it is very clear there are a lot of frustration in Australia for some reason
qatarson no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #1022
RobH

Likes (Received): 10327

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
some people here gossip to no avail they are wasting their times while the Qataris working to achieve their goal.

Qatar will host the 2022 Football World Cup by Spiro Zavos
The Roar, Australia

Football politics is a hard ball game, where ambition, treachery, corruption, political and economic influence, perfumed or manured by vast dollops of money, dictate the outcome of every major decision. It is this heady milieu that makes it almost inevitable that Qatar, a fabulously rich country, will win the hosting rights to the 2022 Football World Cup.

An informed source has told me that the FIFA president, Joseph S. Blatter, Sepp Blatter to the punters, wants another term as presiding official of world football. But the chairman of the Qatar’s 2022 Bid Commitee, His Excellency Sheik Mohammed bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, has the numbers to prevent this.

A deal will be done to square this circle.
Blatter will get his final term as present. And Qatar will win the hosting rights to the 2022 Football World Cup.

A deal cut this way effectively kills off the bids from the USA (which could not win its latest Olympic hosting bid); Japan (which has already hosted a Football World Cup); and Australia (which is out its league in a world of big finance football politics played for the highest of stakes).

The heart of the Qatar bid, aside from the politicking of getting Blatter another term as FIFA president, involves a geo-political consideration that the Middle East region is a powerhouse and a powder keg.

FIFA, like the IOC, likes to think of itself as an organisation that uses sport, in this case football, as a force for peace in the world.

The Qatar bid has 750 pages.

It has 2,000 pages of supplementary documents and covers in great detail all the relevant issues ranging from accommodation, transport, security, environment and stadium infrastructure. This massive documentation is backed up with all the required government guarantees and agreements.

The bid is an example of money not talking but actually shouting out its power and authority.

It is not entirely beyond the bounds of belief that if a successful Football World Cup is held in Qatar, that FIFA could be in line for a Nobel Prize for Peace. The appeal of this to the marketing programs and self-esteem of FIFA, which boasts it has more member nations than the United Nations, cannot be over-estimated.

Qatar’s 22-chapter bid document makes the case that if it wins the hosting rights, 2022 will be the first World Cup held in the Middle East.

“In Qatar, history and the future will come together in an historic choice of Host Nation, in a global age with medias and technology bringing continents closer together – Qatar is truly in the Middle, neither East not West. Qatar proposes a World Cup that will perfectly reflect the FIFA slogan: ‘For the Game: for the World.’”

Qatar has the third largest gas reserves in the world:14 per cent of all the known resereves. It has the highest or second highest (after Liechenstein, depending on the source) per capita income in the world, and the fastest growing income.

It has the tiny population, however, of 1 million, swollen to about 2 million with foreign workers and business people.

On the face of it, it is improbable that such a small country in terms of population, with a climate that makes it unbearable to be outside for most of the year, could hope to host a football tournament that involves 32 teams and 12 stadiums.

But the bid makes clear that all the stadiums will have “ground-breaking” cooling systems, fan zones and training grounds: “Fans, players and officials will be able to enjoy cool and comfortable open-air conditions, not exceeding 27 degrees celsius climate.”

The state of the art cooling modules and some of the modular stadiums will be given to developing countries after the 2022 tournament. The carbon-neutral technology developed for the tournament will create enough solar power for energy to be put into the national grid when the stadiums are not in use.

The Middle East, African and Asian nations (the Third World bloc) are certain to support Qatar’s bid.

Europe, also, because of the convenience and time-zone considerations of a tournament based in Qatar, together with the deals that the major nations can tie-up with Qatar and its supporters on the Arabian, will come on board.

Blatter will bring in the South American countries.

It’s hard to see in all of this just where Australia hopes to get votes for its bid.

Its football team is higher ranked than Qatar’s. But so is New Zealand’s. Australia may be new territory for FIFA to bless with a World Cup tournament.

But so is the Middle East.

The Qatar football team is out of its league on the field. But off the field, Qatar is very much a big player in world and football politics. This weight will be too much for FIFA to resist when it comes to naming the host of the 2022 Football World Cup.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/06/29/qatar-will-host-the-2022-football-world-cup/
So, in other words, sod the fans, we're having a world cup in the desert so Blatter can get a Nobel prize? What a silly article.

It is all speculation and contains NO actual quotes from anyone. "An informed source has told me" doesn't cut it, I'm afraid.

This article adds nothing to the debate, nor does it answer any of the questions posed pages ago in this thread which are yet to be answered.

Last edited by RobH; June 29th, 2010 at 12:02 PM.
RobH no está en línea  
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #1023
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
This article adds nothing to the debate, nor does it answer any of the questions posed pages ago in this thread which are yet to be answered.
you can visit www.qatar2022bid.com to ask your questions
sorry we are not officals we are just updating the topic with last news and articles
qatarson no está en línea  
Old June 29th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #1024
Marco_
XXX

Likes (Received): 2

A world cup in a small country with a >1 mill. population, only 1 big city and the lack of footballculture?

No thanks
Old June 29th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #1025
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
A world cup in a small country with a >1 mill. population, only 1 big city and the lack of footballculture?

No thanks
Football is our culture ...

I can see 2 stadiums from my house roof, but thats not the point...

We have enough...

1988 AFC Asian Cup hosts.
1995 FIFA U-20 World Cup hosts.
2004 Gulf Cup hosts. (Winner)
2006 Asian Games hosts. (Gold medal in football)
2011 AFC Asian Cup hosts.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #1026
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

but not enough cities!
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #1027
Marco_
XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Football is our culture ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_n...rld_Cup_record

Really?
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #1028
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
but not enough cities!
Oh you and your But's everywhere... I might as well say "but we have the money to buy the votes". Can't wait for 2nd of December 2010

World-Class stadiums, a new metro network, roads, hotels & good connections to the region and its airports. Everything is going smooth...
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #1029
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9699

Quote:
I might as well say "but we have the money to buy the votes".
So does the US (not to mention their powerful sponsors) !
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #1030
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
That does not relate to what i was talking about, i was talking about hosting events, football and multi-sports... also i forgot to mention that football is the primary game in Qatar, everybody watches the local and international matches.
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #1031
Marco_
XXX

Quote:
Oh you and your But's everywhere... I might as well say "but we have the money to buy the votes". Can't wait for 2nd of December 2010

World-Class stadiums, a new metro network, roads, hotels & good connections to the region and its airports. Everything is going smooth...
What about the clash between the western and arab culture?
Women in bikinis, alcohol etc.
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #1032
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
What about the clash between the western and arab culture?
Go back a couple of pages and see for yourself..
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #1033
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9699

Quote:
No clash at all:
Alcohol: Banned !
Bikini: Banned !
etc: Banned !

He already told you that the Qatari WC will be FAMILY-ORIENTED ! (btw I would be curious to see that.. cause it's almost inapplicable )
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #1034
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
So, in other words, sod the fans, we're having a world cup in the desert so Blatter can get a Nobel prize? What a silly article.

It is all speculation and contains NO actual quotes from anyone. "An informed source has told me" doesn't cut it, I'm afraid.

It adds nothing because it is nothing

It is not an article, its a bloody blog. The roar is just an online blog site, and it invites people to submit articles, so its hardly hardcore journalism

since when did anyone start talking blogs by random schmucks seriously?
T74 no está en línea  
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #1035
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

You need more cities! We are experiencing the world cup here, even Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town would be a tough ask to stage the entire world cup, yet a country with a third of the population of Cape Town thinks it can host the entire event.

Doha as a host city with 1 venue possibly 2, absolutely....and then what?
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #1036
gavstar00

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
That does not relate to what i was talking about, i was talking about hosting events, football and multi-sports... also i forgot to mention that football is the primary game in Qatar, everybody watches the local and international matches.
Well then football is hardly your culture, hosting events is by that logic!
gavstar00 no está en línea  
Old June 29th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #1037
different

Likes (Received): 6

I remember reading somewhere the embarrassing almost empty stadium of finals of IAAF in Doha considering its almost free entrance. People in Doha keeps on hosting events but the problem is there enough interested audience in them? Of course the World Cup is different but still, how could you make the people interested to come in Qatar where in fact you have nothing much to offer aside from the games.
different no está en línea  
Old June 29th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #1038
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Quote:
you can visit www.qatar2022bid.com to ask your questions
sorry we are not officals we are just updating the topic with last news and articles
Only you have provided your own commentary and opinions other then just posting news articles and "latest news".

Quote:

Ultimately that is what the bid depends on doesn't it. Glad you came out and admitted as much. Such arrogence.
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #1039
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1107

Quote:
it is very clear there are a lot of frustration in Australia for some reason
Congratulations Qatarson, you have been naive enough to believe a cynical tabloid piece written at a grade one level. The funny thing is that more than 99.999% of Australians will never notice or read this and the .001% who did would line their bird cage with it.

Last edited by Walbanger; June 29th, 2010 at 07:49 PM.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old June 29th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #1040
TooFar
moonage daydream

Likes (Received): 377

How about removing the Qataris sense of entitlement and self importance first and improve your treatment of foreigners? That would be a greater achievement! Anyone can hire underpaid workers to build glossy shrines. Changing peoples attitudes and understanding of others is a more worthy goal!

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022