daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 29th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #1041
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFar View Post
How about removing the Qataris sense of entitlement and self importance first and improve your treatment of foreigners? That would be a greater achievement! Anyone can hire underpaid workers to build glossy shrines. Changing peoples attitudes and understanding of others is a more worthy goal!
I think whats going on in Qatar is smart, we don't want the Qatari identity to get extinct because "for example" giving passports to anybody (Canada), erasing the native populations "main role" (Australia, USA etc...). so to do this keep the Qatari's up and high by offering free electricity, free water, free plot of land, government loan to build house , free education & healthcare.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #1042
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
I think whats going on in Qatar is smart, we don't want the Qatari identity to get extinct because "for example" giving passports to anybody (Canada), erasing the native populations "main role" (Australia, USA etc...)

You're right, so, why don't you start first by using your own technologies & engineering and not the German/French/US/Brit ones ! Not to mention your wish to be part of what the Brits/French/Greeks (aka Europe or Western World) have created or invented !
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #1043
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
You're right, so, why don't you start first by using your own technologies & engineering and not the German/French/US/Brit ones ! Not to mention your wish to be part of what the Brits/French/Greeks (aka Europe or Western World) have created or invented !
What ?? this does not directly relate to what i was saying... i am sorry but even a large country like Saudi Arabia JUST started its first car and ship production this year ! you expect a small country like Qatar to do it ? with money you could get it instantly instead.

Not related to the thread...
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #1044
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2762

Quote:
What ?? this does not directly relate to what i was saying... i am sorry but even a large country like Saudi Arabia JUST started its first car and ship production this year ! you expect a small country like Qatar to do it ? with money you could get it instantly instead.

Yea, talking about what happened hundreads of yeas ago in Austalia and the U.S. does though right? About as relevant as the slave trade of Arabia. Petty muncher.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:39 AM   #1045
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9711

Quote:
Maybe not indeed....

But fully related with your inappropriate Qatari arrogance toward the US and/or Australia and/or Canada (+ the whole Occidental World).....

Last edited by parcdesprinces; June 30th, 2010 at 08:18 AM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old June 30th, 2010, 02:16 AM   #1046
TooFar
moonage daydream

Likes (Received): 377

Quote:
I think whats going on in Qatar is smart, we don't want the Qatari identity to get extinct because "for example" giving passports to anybody (Canada), erasing the native populations "main role" (Australia, USA etc...). so to do this keep the Qatari's up and high by offering free electricity, free water, free plot of land, government loan to build house , free education & healthcare.
How is it smart? No one respects you, they only reason foreigners are in your country is to take your money. Wouldn't you rather other countries respect and admire the accomplishments and achievements your people have done? Would it not be "smarter" to educate and develop your own people to create new ideas and technologies, instead of paying expats to do it for you?

By creating a sense of enlightenment, you are creating a generation that will never know the meaning of hard work, the benefits of education or social responsibility.

* I know this is not directly related to the OP, but these issues should not be swept under the carpet in the name of greed*
Old June 30th, 2010, 04:57 AM   #1047
Archbishop

Likes (Received): 145

By December 2, this won't matter. A Qatar World Cup is a pipedream and will never, ever, ever happen. The USA will get it in 2022 (I hope...), and then we will get a whole new group of threads from countries like Colombia or China about 2026, and we can start this up when another small country that loves propaganda and strawman arguments bids...
Archbishop no está en línea  
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:37 AM   #1048
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1111

Quote:
If thats the general attitude then you have zero moral highground,
I fear for the future.

Exactly how radically different is the indigenous Canadian experience to that of the indigenous American, one can tell you that just like in Australia it varied from indigenous nation to nation as they are as diverse and numerous as Europe.

So when the population reaches 3million + is there going to be no tax and are the other things still going to be free?
If Qatar grew a concience and actually payed the labourers their promised rates then one would think that taxing the population might have to come into effect but as a positive Qatar would have taken a giant leap into no longer be strickly identified as having a rigid classist structure which is institutionally racist. Sure the projects would slow remarkably but the legacy would be far richer to the nations conciousness than the current involuntary servitude or boned labour which is morally bankrupt. There is a saying "Slave labour, you get what you paid for".

The sad thing is I don't think anyone here believes that FIFA wouldn't go to Qatar on moral or ethical grounds and don't the Qatari's know it.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #1049
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 432

It will come down to politics and cash. There is no moral high ground in any of this, and the fact that countries like Australia and the US are so accountable for this actions to govts and their peoples makes things harder. The fact that Australian media are complaining over fees to bid leaders and gifts really does show how hard it is for Australia (and the US) to play on a level playing field with countries with less pressure to be accountable.

The need to be transparent in all dealings really is not going to help either of those nations unfortunately, so if it does come down to the game of power and money, in the FIFA sense, Qatar has every chance of winning. It will not be on the Qatari bids strengths, which are far outweighed by negatives. There is no doubting this, but FIFA is a very complex machine.

All I can say is that if FIFA saw Sth Africa as hard work, a Qatari WC would beon another level of headaches. Lack of a local market and accomodation to support the levels of international fans required to fill the gaps are just a couple of facts that really must be a reg flag.

Overall though, we must all realise that there are 2 extremes of views on this one in this forum. The Qatari fans will only see the positives and we can already see the negatives so there really is no use reading it in here. Expect Amazing it is afterall
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:25 AM   #1050
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
Yea, talking about what happened hundred of years ago in Australia and the U.S. does though right? About as relevant as the slave trade of Arabia. Petty muncher.
The native population in Australia wronged should be given billions of dollars in compensation for the occupation As well these days the rights of migrants and of course and should tax payers in Australia not to allow the payment of money in sport before paying the rights of others so fix your problems before mention to others you are in our topic and we have a spirit of sport and we never wrote such things in your topics plus we understand the deep frustration you are feeling.

there no compare between country spend of tax and the world richest country which own major companies in Australia is self.

you need hundred years to be in same raw or even on the head of AFC or at least a seat in FIFA Executive Committee.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #1051
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
You need more cities! We are experiencing the world cup here, even Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town would be a tough ask to stage the entire world cup, yet a country with a third of the population of Cape Town thinks it can host the entire event.

Doha as a host city with 1 venue possibly 2, absolutely....and then what?
you even don't know any thing about Qatar go reading the offical file and the cities names and you will be shocked :P ... one city this so funny !! lol I promise im even not live in Doha and I live in Al-Wakkrah city it is population around half million and very well know city and has football club with famous International players and our club even didn't find the chance to win the local cup because there many local clubs in larger cities such Doha city or Al-Rayyan city , Al Garrafh and Al-khor and many others and they are stronger than our team and we cant even have fans as Al-Rayyan fans which one of them is Qatar son 333 and they won the last cup In the presence of the President of Brazil, who expressed support for Qatar bid officially that night.
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #1052
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
lol we have technology and we are very fast growing country plus our yearly growing is 25% and with such strong economy we not only handel our bids we even working to get our technologies and investments in The Olympics 2012 in london and we are only the foreign country participation there also we care to work in coprate with other countries because this is part of our stronge PR ( public Realtion) or how france , england , germany , brazil will vote for us if they didn't have PR with us.
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:57 AM   #1053
Melb_aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
you even don't know any thing about Qatar go reading the offical file and the cities names and you will be shocked :P ... one city this so funny !! lol I promise im even not live in Doha and I live in Al-Wakkrah city it is population around half million and very well know city and has football club with famous International players and our club even didn't find the chance to win the local cup because there many local clubs in larger cities such Doha city or Al-Rayyan city , Al Garrafh and Al-khor and many others and they are stronger than our team and we cant even have fans as Al-Rayyan fans which one of them is Qatar son 333 and they won the last cup In the presence of the President of Brazil, who expressed support for Qatar bid officially that night.
The point being made is that all the 'cities' being mentioned are effively just suburbs of Doha. The pure size of Qatar means that any city is effecively always going to just be a suburb or satelite of the main city.

A map does show just how true this fact is, so even those with limited knowledge of Qatar can see it is the case.

Every other country has to follow the rules and guidelines of FIFA, so this is where the real questions come from as to how Qatar can be treated any different in this regard.
Old June 30th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #1054
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
Congratulations Qatarson, you have been naive enough to believe a cynical tabloid piece written at a grade one level. The funny thing is that more than 99.999% of Australians will never notice or read this and the .001% who did would line their bird cage with it.
lol every there many articles in your media fully of frustrated I dont know and we feel it even here in Qatar topic we feel it since long time have you seen me even once writing in Australia topic ?? that is the different between us and you our bid very strong and we are enthusiastic plus we have stong support and PR we are very satisfied that our power index is the best.
Old June 30th, 2010, 11:04 AM   #1055
Melb_aviator

Quote:
The native population in Australia wronged should be given billions of dollars in compensation for the occupation As well these days the rights of migrants and of course and should tax payers in Australia not to allow the payment of money in sport before paying the rights of others so fix your problems before mention to others you are in our topic and we have a spirit of sport and we never wrote such things in your topics plus we understand the deep frustration you are feeling.

there no compare between country spend of tax and the world richest country which own major companies in Australia is self.

you need hundred years to be in same raw or even on the head of AFC or at least a seat in FIFA Executive Committee.
I say stop the bitching about this from both sides. All countries have their issues with dealing with different parts of their societies and it really does not need unknowledgeable opinions from either side to try and use as weapons againt another nation.

Please get off your high horse though about how powerful Qatar is and how the fact it has the AFC Presidentship and a member of the FIFA commitee. The points raised numerous times regarding how the AFC President will not be in power if he plays a biased game against other Asian bids really need to be listened to. Good on him for having got to his position, but there is much more to the story than just what is on the surface. The 'powerful' can fall just as quickly as they rose.
Old June 30th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #1056
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
The point being made is that all the 'cities' being mentioned are effively just suburbs of Doha.
for your geographical information

Al-khor is 60 KM far from Doha city
Al-Shammal is 100 KM far from Doha
Dukhan on the western coast 80KM from Doha
Ummsaed 50 KM south of Doha

of course these cities not suburbs and of course you dont need the whole day to reach these cities and that what make our bid stronger than the other bid.
Old June 30th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #1057
Melb_aviator

Quote:
lol every there many articles in your media fully of frustrated I dont know and we feel it even here in Qatar topic we feel it since long time have you seen me even once writing in Australia topic ?? that is the different between us and you our bid very strong and we are enthusiastic plus we have stong support and PR we are very satisfied that our power index is the best.
Go ahead and post in the Australian thread if you would like to. Its free speech afterall and we give you the right to add what you like to our discussions. We discuss the good and the bad in that forum and if you have anything that is going to be benificial to the discussion you can add it.

Strong PR is one thing, but its an open forum here and we can all ask questions that I am sure others that are out there will raise when it comes to the crunch.
Old June 30th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #1058
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
I say stop the bitching about this from both sides. All countries have their issues with dealing with different parts of their societies.

Please get off your high horse though about how powerful Qatar is and how the fact it has the AFC Presidentship and a member of the FIFA commitee. The points raised numerous times regarding how the AFC President will not be in power if he plays a biased game against other Asian bids really need to be listened to. Good on him for having got to his position, but there is much more to the story than just what is on the surface. The 'powerful' can fall just as quickly as they rose.
Why was the Australian thread until recently in the second page.... I would suggest you update the Australian thread instead of lurking around here....

And since when did The World Cup relate to Arabia's history of slavery ?? and racism ??South Africa that just recently came out of apartheid (and still suffering from it in some areas) is hosting the 2010 FIFA World Cup as we speak...

I Expect this post by Mo in the Australia 2022 World Cup Bid thread to be applied here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Back on topic please.

Any references to race, culture, ethnicity, or other potentially sensitive topics, whether intended or unintended will receive infractions.

Thanks all.
Old June 30th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #1059
Melb_aviator

Quote:
for your geographical information

Al-khor is 60 KM far from Doha city
Al-Shammal is 100 KM far from Doha
Dukhan on the western coast 80KM from Doha
Ummsaed 50 KM south of Doha

of course these cities not suburbs and of course you dont need the whole day to reach these cities and that what make our bid stronger than the other bid.
Thanks for the information.

These in Australian or US terms are still within the realms of being in the Greater metro region, meaning they are satelites or suburban dependancies of the main city.

I know this may not be clear as to why people point it out, but having such a compact WC is really not a great thing in a WC. The pure pressure put on infrastructure requires a greater spread to accomdate such huge numbers. I do not think that most realise just how hard it is until they get the event and the experiences of the past show that Qatars pure size is not something that should be a pro, it is more of a con unfortunately.
Old June 30th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #1060
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
I say stop the bitching about this from both sides. All countries have their issues with dealing with different parts of their societies and it really does not need unknowledgeable opinions from either side to try and use as weapons againt another nation.

This did not come from vacuum this came from long years of work & planning especially when some say ( Qatar is tiny country) this is count to our side and make us proud of the PR position we have in the world and we are not frustrated, as other do and you see we did not go to others, others come to our topic

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022