daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 30th, 2010, 12:31 PM   #1081
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
The native population in Australia wronged should be given billions of dollars in compensation for the occupation.
Listen dude, the U.S. and Australia governments and public have at least admitted the wrong doings and attempted to make amends in a variety of ways. Its wrong to occupy, annex, and repress of course but the founders of your own religion, Rashidun, did so and I rarely hear much condemnation or reparations about that. What has the Qatari government done for instance for its part in the slave trade? Unless you want to play off that for some reason Qatari natives were the few Arabians who didn't engage in the practice of shipping Africans as sex slaves and domestic servants.

So please, cut the crap as if your historical nose is clean and as if events that happened generations ago in the U.S./Australia or Qatar/Arabia have much do with the contemptible practices that are being under your nose today other then your wish to divert. Long ago history is an area YOU brought up as a defense to counter talk about the abusive labor policies of today BTW in post #1041, nobody else. In contrast talking about contemporary practices which relate directly to the bid are appropiate discussion given these labor practices will be how those structures, infrastructure, and hotels you talk up such superlatives will get made.

Last edited by nomarandlee; June 30th, 2010 at 05:19 PM.
nomarandlee no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #1082
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
Yes but he Hajj is a spiritual pilgimage where simplicity, modesty and purity in poverty is apart of the experience. I seriously doubt hundreds of thousand of Soccer fans are looking for the same experience like staying in a massive tent city.
that was example Qatar is country not city and can host not 3 million even 6 million at same time with it is new advanced infrastructure and modern network.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #1083
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
Listen dude, the U.S. and Australia governments and public have at least admitted the wrong doings and attempted to make amends in a variety of ways. Its wrong to occupy, annex, and repress of course but the founders of your own religion, Rashidun, did so and I rarely hear much condemnation or reparations about that. What has the Qatari government done for instance for its part in the slave trade? Unless you want to play off that for some reason Qatari natives were the few Arabians who didn't engaged in the practice of shipping Africans as sex slaves and domestic servants.
You shouldn't have continued this discussion... but since we are still talking, my family in the past used to have the largest amount of slaves in this country, though slavery is quite different from what used to happen in other countries, for example they were allowed to get married etc etc, but in the end an Emiri order came that all slaves in the country were to be released, and that happened... slaves of each family now have the same family name as the ones they used to "work" for. all of them have Qatari passports, they speak arabic and they are muslims, they visit us and we visit them, we are one family. Racisim and slavery in Islam is forbidden.

This isn't Nazi Germany's slave labour or the London Underground indian slaves...
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #1084
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Listen dude, the U.S. and Australia governments and public have at least admitted the wrong doings and attempted to make amends in a variety of ways. Its wrong to occupy, annex, and repress of course but the founders of your own religion, Rashidun, did so and I rarely hear much condemnation or reparations about that. What has the Qatari government done for instance for its part in the slave trade? Unless you want to play off that for some reason Qatari natives were the few Arabians who didn't engaged in the practice of shipping Africans as sex slaves and domestic servants.

So please, cut the crap as if your historical nose is clean and as if events that happened generations ago in the U.S./Australia or Qatar/Arabia have much do with the contemptible practices that are being under your nose today other then your wish to divert. Practices which related directly to the bid given those practices will be how those structures, infrastructure, and hotels you claim talk in such superlatives about will get made.
the crap is what you wrote and we have all your post in our topic and you are who come here between us bringing your crap and your hatred.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #1085
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
You shouldn't have continued this discussion... but since we are still talking, my family in the past used to have the largest amount of slaves in this country, though slavery is quite different from what used to happen in other countries, for example they were allowed to get married etc etc, but in the end an Emiri order came that all slaves in the country were to be released, and that happened... slaves of each family now have the same family name as the ones they used to "work" for. all of them have Qatari passports, they speak arabic and they are muslims, they visit us and we visit them, we are one family. Racisim and slavery in Islam is forbidden.

This isn't Nazi Germany's slave labour or the London Underground indian slaves...
ignore him such people think his self an angle and look to what they doing till these days even the world countries invest in technology, economics, education but they still making wars around world and invade nations and kill woman's and kids and he came here to teach us lesson in human rights lol
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #1086
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
the crap is what you wrote and we have all your post in our topic and you are who come here between us bringing your crap and your hatred.
to some extent. my #1041 post was just "reference" to what happened in the past & how Qatar wants to avoid that happening, no hate or criticism was meant at all.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #1087
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
we are doing projects in the 2012 Olympic do you think Qatar allowed to do projects in London Olympic games or it is consider crime of your view :P
Which projects are those? Any projects done in London by Qatari firms obviously have to abide by more ethical British labor and safety regulations, not imported Qatari ones thank goodness.
Quote:
Yes, and everyone has the #1041 post trolling and bringing up irrelevant historical matters about the U.S. and Australia which stems from your hypocrisy, ignorance, and supremacism. Got it?

Last edited by nomarandlee; June 30th, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #1088
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Which projects are those? Any projects done in London by Qatari firms obviously have to abide by more ethical British labor and safety regulations, not imported Qatari ones thank goodness.
No construction for this one, how ever we do own 80% of Londons Shard of glass project, not to mention the Chelsea barracks etc etc. Qatar is one of the largest foreign investors in the world and its on its way to becoming the World's Largest Foreign Investor.

Quote:
Qatar plans to invest in London Olympics assets

LONDON: Qatar’s investment drive into London property is poised to focus on an unexpected area in the next few years: the 2012 Olympic Games and its real estate legacy.
Ghanim bin Saad Al Saad, Managing Director of Qatari Diar, which controls many of Qatar’s real estate investments, said yesterday the country was looking at taking part in the development behind the London games and its aftermath.
The move would mark a change in a strategy that has so far focused mainly on prestigious landmark buildings in the West End and City of London. Al Saad said: “We are looking for opportunities before and after the Olympic Games. There will be a lot of investment needed in real estate for the Olympics.”
Al Saad was clear that there would be further investment in the London market, having struck a flurry of recent real estate deals and been tipped to complete hotel acquisitions in the next few months.
Barwa, which is owned by Qatari Diar, bought a large West End development from Land Securities on Wednesday, and there are other deals being lined up to buy a stake in the Savoy hotel group by other parts of the sovereign state’s investment arm.
It is also on a shortlist to buy the Grosvenor House hotel.
However, sources close to Qatar were yesterday playing down talk of an immediate £700m bid for Songbird Estates, the majority owner of Canary Wharf Group in which Qatar Holdings is a 24 percent shareholder.
Songbird denied that there had been any bid.
Even so, the market has long been expecting a possible offer, or a Qatar-led corporate restructuring to resolve the complicated ownership of Canary Wharf.
Qatar supported a £1bn rescue rights issue and debt restructuring for the company in October alongside China Investment Corporation, China’s sovereign wealth fund.
CIC now owns about 15 percent of Songbird, with GF Investments owning about 24 percent.
Those close to Qatar have said the sovereign investor has never hid its admiration of Songbird, whose majority ownership of Canary Wharf gives it valuable exposure to the prime London office market.
During its restructuring last year, Qatar took its full entitlement in ordinary shares in addition to preference shares, warrants and participation in debt financing, showing its desire to gain higher exposure to the group.
There is also an acknowledgement among investors that the structure of the group is far from ideal.
Qatar will know that it has a strong relationship with the other major shareholder in Canary Wharf, Brookfield, which counts the sovereign state among the investors in its managed funds. 
Financial Times
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #1089
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
go read any british newspaper or search the internet and you will see by your self and not London Olympic only we have done projects in the past in Beijing 2008 Olympic Games you don't see other than your self and on 2nd of december you will weak up to find newcomer on the scene.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #1090
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9697

Quote:
lol we have technology and we are very fast growing country
"lol" indeed, but, but, but:

Where are the 100% Qatari trains/high-speed network technologies ???

Where is the 100% Qatari aerospace industry ???

Where is your architectural influence ??? (I thought you had your own style.. but, from copycat to copycat: you will forget it..)

Where is your military Industry (navy ?, army ?, weapons ?, etc) ???

Where are your harbours/Shipyards ???

etc
etc
etc
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #1091
RobH

Likes (Received): 10327

Quote:
we are doing projects in the 2012 Olympic do you think Qatar allowed to do projects in London Olympic games or it is consider crime of your view :P
There is a lot of foreign investment from this region in London - the Shard being a big example, of course. The money, not the construction expertise or standards, is coming from Qatar.

Also, as far as I'm aware, nothing involving London 2012 involves Qatar - what with almost all of the money for the project coming from the UK government. So saying "we are doing projects in the 2012 Olympic" to make your world cup bid look better is not really fair on London, or on yourselves.
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #1092
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
You shouldn't have continued this discussion... .
Listen, if you first bring up many generations old history as somehow relevant then your hypocrisy is going to be responded to. Understand?

Going down the historical road of what the US, Australia, or Qatar/Arabia has done was a red herring by a Qatari, it should be discontinued as quickly as it was cynically opened by Qatarson.
Quote:
but since we are still talking, my family in the past used to have the largest amount of slaves in this country, though slavery is quite different from what used to happen in other countries,
There is nothing benevolent about sex slavery or other kinds of slavery that exsited in Arabia. Anyway, the point is that reparations or something were made a point about and the question was asked what has Qatar done to make historical amends if that is serious assertion?
Quote:
slaves of each family now have the same family name as the ones they used to "work" for. all of them have Qatari passports, they speak arabic and they are muslims, they visit us and we visit them, we are one family. Racisim and slavery in Islam is forbidden.
Black Americans took their masters name, religion, and become citizens. Big whoop. Slavery as forbidden in Islam is patently untrue. Racism is more complicated but even if it was the fact is in practice it hasn't stopped or prevented it.

Last edited by nomarandlee; June 30th, 2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #1093
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post

Where is your architectural influence ??? (I thought you had your own style.. but, from copycat to copycat: you will forget it..)

etc
etc
etc
We already have small-scale local made navy boats and other small things.

but the only thing we need... is time.

building universities and such is the first step and that's the job of Education city which will also have a 2022 World Cup Stadium.

things like bio-technology research and the building of Qatar Science & Technology park, Space city etc are key steps.

we have our own architecture....

Last edited by Qatar Son 333; June 30th, 2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #1094
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post

etc
etc
etc
This has nothing to do in the topic but for your information we have our industry in ships we building now our ships and we have Chemical industry and we have Gas & oil industry which provide more than 40 countries around the world and without this industry nothing can be move or fly there.

we have many research In medicine, space and communications our satellites Al-Thrya linking the whole world since years ago.

of course we coprate with many countries around the world but we have our industry so guy show some respect for your self.
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #1095
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Listen, if you first bring up many generations old history as somehow relevant then your hypocrisy is going to be responded to. Understand?

Going down the historical road of what the US, Australia, or Qatar/Arabia has done was a red herring by a Qatari, it should be discontinued as quickly as it was cynically opened by Qatarson.

There is nothing benevolent about sex slavery or other kinds of slavery that exsited in Arabia. Anyway, the point is that reparations or something were made a point about and the question was asked what has Qatar done to make historical amends if that is serious assertion?

Black Americans took their masters name, religion, and become citizens. Big whoop. Slavery as forbidden in Islam is patently untrue. Racism is more complicated but even if it was the fact is in practices it hasn't stopped or prevented it.
Dude, i told you previous slaves are all integrated into the Qatari society, every Qatari is equal regardless of his ancestry. They got houses and their freedom, yet they still live along with us. I repeat again, it was just a small reference for an off topic discussion. END.
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #1096
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
There is a lot of foreign investment from this region in London - the Shard being a big example, of course. The money, not the construction expertise or standards, is coming from Qatar.

Also, as far as I'm aware, nothing involving London 2012 involves Qatar - what with almost all of the money for the project coming from the UK government. So saying "we are doing projects in the 2012 Olympic" to make your world cup bid look better is not really fair on London, or on yourselves.
that not correct man we are invest and build by our compaines or otherwise we just give green light to our banks there but many of our major companies is working there and building large projects.

countries isnt by their size or population.
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #1097
RobH

Likes (Received): 10327

Give me an example then. What 2012 projects is your country working on?
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #1098
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
you starting these crap we didnt and your posts prove this

plus now you said Islam forbidden slave ? you are contradict yourself because you attacked the Islam in your previous post.

you are not an angel and we don't need human right lesson from you especially here in our topic and between us.
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #1099
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

BACK TO TOPIC
Hope that got some attention, i should do that more often...

The bid is sponsoring a fan zone at Souq Waqif in Doha, featuring a giant screen showing all the matches, and many other activities geared toward fans. Every night, thousands of football fans in Doha have watched the matches and demonstrated their football skills!

The fan zone in Doha's Souq Waqif has been attracting huge crowds!

The crowd gets ready for a match to begin.

Fans react to the action on the screen.

A fan tests his accuracy as others look on.

Intense action on the foosball table.

Exhibits at the fan zone provide a history of the FIFA World Cup™.

Fans watch the action on our giant screen.
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #1100
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Dude, i told you previous slaves are all integrated into the Qatari society, every Qatari is equal regardless of his ancestry. They got houses and their freedom, yet they still live along with us. I repeat again, it was just a small reference for an off topic discussion. END.
One could take issue with a number of those claims but for the sake of this thread it is done.

Quote:
you starting these crap we didnt and your posts prove this.
Nobody brought up the history of Qatar until Qatarie's starting banging that drum in post #1041 and #1050. It is as clear as day.
Quote:
plus now you said Islam forbidden slave ? you are contradict yourself because you attacked the Islam in your previous post.
When did I say slavery was forbidden? It surely was not.

Talking about historical actions of a society isn't an attack on a religion genius. Saying that slavery existed is stating fact and no more an attack then it would be an attack on the U.S. by saying that slavery existed in U.S. history. It was condoned by the institutions and constitutions of each.
Quote:
you are not an angel and we don't need human right lesson from you especially here in our topic and between us.
Follow your own advice and don't first bring up 150 year old history, deal with today and matters which reflect directly on the bid.

Last edited by nomarandlee; June 30th, 2010 at 01:52 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022