daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 1st, 2010, 11:47 AM   #1121
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Exactly, this isn't Columbia... My cousin was in South Africa and the hotel staff insisted he doesn't go out leave hotel premises, and if they wanted to do so, the hotel staff should at least be able to see him from the hotel, i was wondering what was the point of the trip then if its "that" dangerous.
Thank God for his safe return the fact there are many killed during the World Cup 2010 in addition many people have been stolen, when you go to world cup you want to watch the matches not to be killed.

Last edited by qatarson; July 1st, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
qatarson no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:51 AM   #1122
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Another killer response. Perhaps ask the rest of the 400,000 visitors what the point is? or the 9 million foreign visitors to South Africa annually..or the 1.5 million tourists to Cape Town
Dubai or Doha is not over 1.7 million and they have more than 50 million visitors yearly lol these numbers you talking about is nothing compared to your country size and your population with these numbers that mean there some thing realy wrong and was clear when we saw it in the world cup and how many people been killed there.

and this isnt secret all world goverments warned their citizen include USA goverment to be very careful in worldcup 2010.
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:04 PM   #1123
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

I'm not getting into this because contrary to the lack of logic or sound thinking in this thread I am a huge fan of both Doha and Dubai.

Simply because I noted that the Qatar population is slightly bigger than Nelson Mandela Bay, the fourth largest city in South Africa, you have produced an almost typical response. Perhaps Nelson Mandela Bay should bid for the entire World Cup.

As I've said before, the Doha population growth, like the new airport rail link and other major developments only provide more weight to a Doha Olympic bid.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:11 PM   #1124
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
I'm not getting into this because contrary to the lack of logic or sound thinking in this thread I am a huge fan of both Doha and Dubai.

Simply because I noted that the Qatar population is slightly bigger than Nelson Mandela Bay, the fourth largest city in South Africa, you have produced an almost typical response. Perhaps Nelson Mandela Bay should bid for the entire World Cup.

As I've said before, the Doha population growth, like the new airport rail link and other major developments only provide more weight to a Doha Olympic bid.
numbers or size wasn't problem for Doha or Dubai and we are dealing with the fast growing and tourists and we hosted many events and we can host any future event not only starting from this year but since our population was less than 1 million.
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:13 PM   #1125
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
numbers or size wasn't problem for Doha or Dubai and we are dealing with the fast growing and tourists and we hosted many events and we can host any future event not only starting from this year but since our population less than 1 million.
I think I will agree to disagree that a country of 3 million with arguably only one "major" city, while capable of hosting a multi-sport event, is simply not large enough to host an event of the nature of the World Cup, requiring several large cities.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:13 PM   #1126
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:

If you really cared, (not saying you have to or anything) you would have at least fulfilled my request of thread name change from "Qatar - FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022 Bid" to "Qatar - FIFA World Cup 2022 Candidate"...

By the way since we are on the Olympic topic, we need a new poll soon... and it shouldn't be by Mathew lowrey...
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:29 PM   #1127
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
I think I will agree to disagree that a country of 3 million with arguably only one "major" city, while capable of hosting a multi-sport event, is simply not large enough to host an event of the nature of the World Cup, requiring several large cities.
that is your personal view and not change the fact that Qatar can handel larger events not only world cup and if you give your self some time and track Qatar activites you will find this country is open on more events in future.
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:33 PM   #1128
Dubaiiscool:)

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:

Mo Rush, I am glad to hear that you have some sort of logic behind your statements and that you are not just hating Dubai, the U. A. E. and Qatar for the sake of it like some Australians and other people on this forum. I just want to ask you about how the population of a country of 3 million people would affect its ability to host such event ?

Last edited by Dubaiiscool:); July 1st, 2010 at 12:38 PM.
Dubaiiscool:) no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:51 PM   #1129
Mo Rush

Quote:
that is your personal view and not change the fact that Qatar can handel larger events not only world cup and if you give your self some time and track Qatar activites you will find this country is open on more events in future.
Of course Doha/Qatar is a major events city, this is not what anybody is disputing, given its appearance on the list as one of the 20 major sports cities in the world.

At no point has anybody doubted Doha/Qatar's ability to host sports events in individual sports or for multi-sport events.

In fact Doha is arguably one of the most aggressive cities in terms of bidding for events, and I even suspect it might take over from Dubai to host the 2013 FINA World Champs .
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:52 PM   #1130
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiiscool:) View Post
Mo Rush, I am glad to hear that you have some sort of logic behind your statements and that you are not just hating Dubai, the U. A. E. and Qatar for the sake of it like some Australians and other people on this forum. I just want to ask you about how the population of a country of 3 million people would affect its ability to host such event ?
The bid officials are expecting "ATLEAST" 700,000 tourists/fans during the World Cup, i have already talked about how Bahrain's proximity is a benefit to the bid, if it wasn't they wouldn't have mentioned it in the Stadiums video.
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:54 PM   #1131
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiiscool:) View Post
It is the nature of the event which at this stage is not suited to a small country like Qatar.

IMO You need 4-5 large cities to able to cope with such a large event.

At the moment Qatar only has 1 "large" city.

But I suspect we are going in circles, if at this stage, forumers cannot realize why the nature of the WC event is at this stage or in 2022 not suited to the country.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:00 PM   #1132
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
It is the nature of the event which at this stage is not suited to a small country like Qatar.

IMO You need 4-5 large cities to able to cope with such a large event.

At the moment Qatar only has 1 "large" city.

But I suspect we are going in circles, if at this stage, forumers cannot realize why the nature of the WC event is at this stage or in 2022 not suited to the country.
what you talking about its far away from fact Qatar has many large cities that show you dont know any thing about Qatar.

and byway Qatar will have more than 6 cities with metro network which large country like your doesnt have that number of cities network..
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:04 PM   #1133
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9705

Quote:
for your information if i wrote what my country own in your country you will be shocked and not this only if we compared the trade balance with your country it will be favor our tiny country compared in the size and population.
Says the guy who wants to stay on topic !! (btw, don't go there mate, no, don't go there, 'cause I can predict a very off-topic discussion )

------------------

Quote:
Exactly, this isn't Columbia...
Well...

Quote:
You spell Qatar correctly first then come back for discussion.
No !!!! YOU spell Colombia correctly first !! (I knew that I will take my revenge )
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:05 PM   #1134
stevensp

Likes (Received): 64

imo.. the qatar bid is one of the best around... they'll surely prepare it good and it seems realistic + impressive...

Qatar has Doha as huge city, but there are some smaller cities around aswell..

+ more project updates will be posted soon!
stevensp no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:08 PM   #1135
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Says the guy who wants to stay on topic !! (btw, don't go there mate, no, don't go there, 'cause I can predict a very off-topic discussion )
good for you
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:13 PM   #1136
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensp View Post
imo.. the qatar bid is one of the best around... they'll surely prepare it good and it seems realistic + impressive...

Qatar has Doha as huge city, but there are some smaller cities around aswell..
welcome to Qatar 2022 or Doha 2020
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:21 PM   #1137
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post

No !!!! YOU spell Colombia correctly first !! (I knew that I will take my revenge )
I was the one that wanted to stay on topic !

LOL, the spell checker betrayed me, it gave me another Colombia
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:27 PM   #1138
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 432

I woukld just suggest that anyone that has anything that remotely questions the Qatar bids credentials just withhold all comments. We have all made our views clear on numerous issues and it is clear that both sides do not see eye to eye here. I expect to hear the US named winner come December, with Australia as the real competitor to challenge.

All the best with your bid for WC 2022 though Qatar. If Qatar win, good for you Lets just call it a truse and expect more Expect Amazing details to come out in here over the coming months.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:33 PM   #1139
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
with Australia as the real competitor to challenge.
good luck and lets hope your country stay as competitor till 2nd of december becouse USA asked to open an investigation into bribes by your country file.
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:40 PM   #1140
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 432

Quote:
good luck and lets hope your country stay as competitor till 2nd of december becouse USA asked to open an investigation into bribes by your country file.
Lets just wait til it all comes in the open about all of the dealings that FIFA have going on with ALL bidders. Don't point the finger at our bid just yet as the only one, it was just some good investigate reporting from an Australian newspaper, only on our bid.

As I mentioned in another thread. Ultimately all bids play the games of the organisation they are dealing. Unfortunately the FIFA is not the IOC and has not cleaned up its own act yet. We all want a fair playing field, but that is not always the case. You play the game how others are playing. Its sad but true.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022