daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 1st, 2010, 01:58 PM   #1141
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
what you talking about its far away from fact Qatar has many large cities that show you dont know any thing about Qatar.

and byway Qatar will have more than 6 cities with metro network which large country like your doesnt have that number of cities network..
What do you mean by large cities?
Mo Rush no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2010, 02:22 PM   #1142
rommhan

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
parcdesprinces, you don't believe seriously that thats what "sports" is all about, we might not have the festive samba culture of Brazil or any other country but we still love sports, you don't have to have girls and cheer leaders to prove that your good in sports... scenes like that would be possible, but they will be the foreign fans (European, South American etc). and didn't these "ladies in mini skirts" get jailed

@Everyone,I don't mind criticism of the bid, every bid gets that. If you have questions i am willing to answer them if possible, and thats what i have been doing so far, I need you to point out what "you" think is a weak part in this bid. its 2:39 Am here so good night for now....
i have a question for those in the qatar camp. but before i ask the questions, i would just like to add a disclaimer. i'm an arab and would like to see qatar get the wc in 2022.

with that in mind, here are are my questions and comments that i hope any of the qatari people can answer for me:

1- does qatar understand that alcohol is a part of the sport and how does it see itself in regulating the sale of alcohol to muslims who aren't as religous as the extremists?

2- does qatar understand that its not just about the games being held? in fact what makes a successful world cup event is the ambiance not just within the stadium but outside the stadium.

3- which leads me to 3. how will qatar 'regulate' what appropiate clothing is? if a woman is in a bikini but with shorts on, will she thrown in jail for indecensy?

4- does qatar understand that some male sports fans will also be shirtless and in some cases not because they're drunk but because of the heat?

5- how tolerant is qatar of western norms within their country? i ask because not one person will want to go to qatar to see the games if they dont feel at home, to a certain extent. could the fact that there were empty seats in the previous games that qatar had hosted was because qatar is too restrictive?

6- does qatar realize that one of the reasons that they might not be able to successfully bid for the wc is because of its traditions clashing with what FIFA finds acceptable behavior? Could this also be a reason why the Middle East hasn't hosted the WC or the Olympics.

At the end of the day, Lebanon's ultra-liberal environment is friendlier than qatar's. Qatar has to answer plenty of social issues that people in Australia, South Africa, N.America and S. America will want to ask.

As a muslim and an arab, i'm fine with a bikini clad woman watching the game in the stand while the english guy behind me is spewing drunk laced tirades at the refrees. Is qatar? I've seen on al-jazeera sports several instances where people in stands had been cursing and using hand gestures that could get you thrown in jail in the GCC. is qatar ready for that?

i'm really intersted to know these answers by a qatari.
rommhan no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:05 PM   #1143
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
This is more than sufficient for at least a stable security and you will not find the guns in streets or anyone stealing the fans or kill them that is the benefits.
Troll.
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:21 PM   #1144
Matthew Lowry

Likes (Received): 4

Qatar give up on your Dreams you will never get the FIFA or Olympics
The IOC said you are lacking on hotels you dont have enouth rooms. you never have and you never will.
Matthew Lowry no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:26 PM   #1145
Matthew Lowry

Qatar needs to be tacken over by the USA to get the World cup.
They kill gays. Arrest women if they not coverd.
I raver live in China or Soviet Union then the arab world.
+ No beer for a german, Australian or Iresih 1 mounth without beer we will go nuts expiley in 40C heat.
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:27 PM   #1146
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
Lets just wait til it all comes in the open about all of the dealings that FIFA have going on with ALL bidders. Don't point the finger at our bid just yet as the only one, it was just some good investigate reporting from an Australian newspaper, only on our bid.

As I mentioned in another thread. Ultimately all bids play the games of the organisation they are dealing. Unfortunately the FIFA is not the IOC and has not cleaned up its own act yet. We all want a fair playing field, but that is not always the case. You play the game how others are playing. Its sad but true.
Precisely, you think a Qatari paper would report any indiscretions by the Qatari bid even if it was waving in a journalist face.
Unless one has what most can describe as a true investigative press then talking about the virtues and results of a free press sounds a bit hypocritical.

Best to let the investigation play out and be vigilant of shady dealings because history has shown there to be temptation in a variety of cases in such events.
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:35 PM   #1147
Matthew Lowry

The UAE should host the FIFA and Olympics the UAE and Turkey wil be the only arab contiry that could host both.
Old July 1st, 2010, 06:08 PM   #1148
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
Troll.
Troll Feeder !!

---

Oh, God... this thread has the Matthew Lowry virus !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Lowry View Post
Qatar give up on your Dreams you will never get the FIFA or Olympics
The IOC said you are lacking on hotels you dont have enouth rooms. you never have and you never will.
Jealousy 101 !! Maybe lack of hotel rooms for World Cup now, but 2022/2020 are far away, and by that time we will be ready obviously.

Quote:
+ No beer for a german, Australian or Iresih 1 mounth without beer we will go nuts expiley in 40C heat.
Arrest women if not covered
your a troll, i wonder why you didn't get banned yet ! with all of these threads and useless lists of yours !!
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:31 PM   #1149
TheoG

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Nobody seems to have told him that the Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:35 PM   #1150
stevensp

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
What do you mean by large cities?
Uhu, good question
there is Doha... and yes some cities... but as far as I know not really big ones..
not that that will be a problem for the bid...

+ more project updates will be posted soon!
stevensp no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:41 PM   #1151
gavstar00

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Maybe lack of hotel rooms for World Cup now, but 2022/2020 are far away, and by that time we will be ready obviously.
Lets say you win the bid and you build all the hotels for the World Cup - what do you do with them afterwards? There's no way that number of hotel rooms is sustainable given the lack of tourist draw afterwards. I'm sure you'll point to a number of tourist attractions but there's no way you could hope to maintain that level of tourism on a continous basis.
gavstar00 no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:44 PM   #1152
Marco_
XXX

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Troll Feeder !!
Why didn't you answered the questions in post 1142?
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:46 PM   #1153
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommhan View Post
i have a question for those in the qatar camp. but before i ask the questions, i would just like to add a disclaimer. i'm an arab and would like to see qatar get the wc in 2022.

with that in mind, here are are my questions and comments that i hope any of the qatari people can answer for me:

1- does qatar understand that alcohol is a part of the sport and how does it see itself in regulating the sale of alcohol to muslims who aren't as religous as the extremists?

2- does qatar understand that its not just about the games being held? in fact what makes a successful world cup event is the ambiance not just within the stadium but outside the stadium.

3- which leads me to 3. how will qatar 'regulate' what appropiate clothing is? if a woman is in a bikini but with shorts on, will she thrown in jail for indecensy?

4- does qatar understand that some male sports fans will also be shirtless and in some cases not because they're drunk but because of the heat?

5- how tolerant is qatar of western norms within their country? i ask because not one person will want to go to qatar to see the games if they dont feel at home, to a certain extent. could the fact that there were empty seats in the previous games that qatar had hosted was because qatar is too restrictive?

6- does qatar realize that one of the reasons that they might not be able to successfully bid for the wc is because of its traditions clashing with what FIFA finds acceptable behavior? Could this also be a reason why the Middle East hasn't hosted the WC or the Olympics.

At the end of the day, Lebanon's ultra-liberal environment is friendlier than qatar's. Qatar has to answer plenty of social issues that people in Australia, South Africa, N.America and S. America will want to ask.

As a muslim and an arab, i'm fine with a bikini clad woman watching the game in the stand while the english guy behind me is spewing drunk laced tirades at the refrees. Is qatar? I've seen on al-jazeera sports several instances where people in stands had been cursing and using hand gestures that could get you thrown in jail in the GCC. is qatar ready for that?

First of all, Qatar is not Saudi Arabia, don't assume just because the GCC countries are "close" all their laws are the same, no.

1, Alcohol is already sold in Qatar, in Hotels. but in 2022 there will be "specific" fan-zones that will have alcohol soled in them. Qatari's are not permitted to enter the hotel bars and lounges that have alcohol served in them, and everyone is fine with that because our religion prohibits us and we are fine with it. HOWEVER Drugs, Prostitution etc will not be tolerated at all, there will be mass arrests if such things happens, everybody is monitored carefully, the stadiums, the fan zones, and the accommodations.

2, Yes, we expect street parades and parties, but i am not sure about acohol availability on the streets.

3, what is "appropriate" is not going around 100% nude, for women I would expect the Brazilian fans to dress as they do, since the athletics events held in Qatar already have the women athlete themselves in tight and revealing clothing with many parts of their body revealed, and women already go to the beach with swim suits and bikinis..

4, Shirtless men is fine since its not considered taboo in Islam in the first place, and I don't see the problem in them going shirtless, happens in every World Cup, it would make more sense for them to cover up though (to avoid sun burns) that is if they are in open spaces outside the stadiums etc.

5, I didn't really get your question here, the Expat population in Qatar is really high, we already have a mixture of cultures in here...

6, I don't see how traditions coudl effect this world cup in anyway... the covering up has to be done by the Qatari women (on their own will) not by the tourists...

hand gestures ? cursing ?? that happens in every match , where is the problem in what your saying...

AGAIN , this is not Saudi Arabia.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavstar00 View Post
Lets say you win the bid and you build all the hotels for the World Cup - what do you do with them afterwards? There's no way that number of hotel rooms is sustainable given the lack of tourist draw afterwards. I'm sure you'll point to a number of tourist attractions but there's no way you could hope to maintain that level of tourism on a continous basis.
Dude, the current numbers of hotel rooms are not good enough for the current needs !! constant conventions, conferences & exhibitions held all year long, they are always occupied ! In the future there will be more of these held which means an even higher demand !
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:17 AM   #1154
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensp View Post
Uhu, good question
there is Doha... and yes some cities... but as far as I know not really big ones..
not that that will be a problem for the bid...
you should answer him these cities have Infrastructure that most cities in his country dont have it include metro systems in every city this shows the evolution of these cities and their ability to keep up with events.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:20 AM   #1155
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
Nobody seems to have told him that the Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore
It also turns out that Matthew is a raver.

Who is your favorite DJ Matthew? Jeff Mills? Tiesto?

Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:21 AM   #1156
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
kill gays lol even Saudi doesnt kill gay the only two killing gay is Iran & taliban group anyway go find your gay rights some where else and invest your time in improve your people rights and how they can get a decent life without payin taxes before looking inside other countries laws.

Last edited by qatarson; July 2nd, 2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:37 AM   #1157
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommhan View Post

your answer ( read Qatar bid file pages becouse they answered your questions inside it and more than these points ) plus back to posts in this thread and you will find guys answered it.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:41 AM   #1158
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavstar00 View Post
Doha or Dubai has tourist movement with more than 50 million visitors every year without even hosting the world cup plus we hosting every year many events in sports, economy, politics, health & education and Qatar is the first in the organization of international conferences in the world during the year and this gives Qatar it advanced position in public relations and this normal in country growing 25% yearly as classified in world bank.

not this only we are currently invest in parallel with our country in many other smaller or larger countries so can these countries economics can grow plus building hotels and schools in their countries and even we will support many of these countires in sports facilities and will provide them with seats for their stadiums.

we are recently done of rebuild many cities in lebanon with all it is Facilities, Homes, schools, hospitals after the destruction of those cities by Israel and soon we will start in construction Darfur after we finish the signing of the peace conference between rival forces in Darfur.

Last edited by qatarson; July 2nd, 2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 04:08 AM   #1159
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Found something when i was going through the old Doha 2016 Applicant city file, and when I was browsing the venues I noticed something new.

Quote:
The Qatar Olympic Committee and the Government of Qatar are proposing a new 50,000 seat indoor “Dome” stadium that will meet FIFA requirements for football; but will be designed to support multiple discipline competition. It will integrate adjacent exhibition space to provide a flexible Legacy facility for the nation of Qatar and will be a focal point for the region as the first and largest Domed Stadium. The facility is air conditioned and supports both Sports and Exhibitions. Our bid proposes to separate the facility into two 15–20,000 “seat arenas” to Host Artistic Gymnastics, Trampoline and Volleyball. The integrated exhibition space will suffice as the warm up areas for competition and for the required “back of house” areas for the various Functional Areas.
Would be interesting if this made it through to the Qatar 2022 Bid Stadiums list...

This would be the location of such Stadium, sound like Qatar's "Moses Mabhida Stadium" moment, they have a great potential stadium but they decide to build an entirely new one next to it

Doha 2016 Applicant City File
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:21 AM   #1160
Archbishop

Likes (Received): 145

If (when) the USA gets 2022, will Qatar and/or Australia bid in 2026? It seems like Asia will be the next logical choice to host the World Cup after Europe, Africa, South America, Europe, and North America...I feel like Qatar still needs more time or even better a co-bid with UAE.
Archbishop no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022