daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 17th, 2010, 03:20 AM   #1221
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
what king kong trying to say

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen posted. And how did you win the Asian games? Were all the good teams at the WORLD CUP?
Will737 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2010, 05:10 AM   #1222
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

I think Doha would make a great host city in 2054 when Qatars population has grown significantly and the bid complies with every other bid in FIFA history.
The legacy should be to the whole country not 1 city-this is not a smaller event like the Summer Olympics we're talking about
Its only 3 years since Qatar paid 10,000 Vietnamese to support them in the Asian Cup and with only 6500 registered players the pool is so low that a system has been put in place to pillage other countries talent and nationalise them.
There is great enthusiasm for football in Qatar but the domestic league has very poor attendances and there are very few travelling fans.
I never saw one Qatari in South Africa last month
I have nothing particular against Qatar,its just that they comply with hardly any of FIFAs current bidding rules or those for the past 80 years.
_X_ no está en línea  
Old July 17th, 2010, 06:22 AM   #1223
Will737

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
certainly it was a historic victory for Qatar
Yeah, people were partying on the streets and there were audiences with the king! Seriously, I reckon people in Australia partied more and were more aware when we won the womens AFC.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old July 17th, 2010, 06:30 AM   #1224
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archbishop View Post
Trinidad and Tobago is smaller but they've made the World Cup. Slovenia is another small country and they've made the World Cup twice. Jamaica's made a World Cup as well.
And you forgot:

Uruguay: approx. 2 million inhabitants when they won the WC.. twice..
Northern Ireland: approx. 1 million inhabitants when they reached the quarter-finals (WC 1958)
Wales: less than 2 million inhabitants when they reached the quarter-finals (WC 1958)

etc

Last edited by parcdesprinces; July 17th, 2010 at 08:35 AM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old July 17th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #1225
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
There is great enthusiasm for football in Qatar but the domestic league has very poor attendances and there are very few travelling fans.
I never saw one Qatari in South Africa last month
not our problem that you dont see other than your self, there was many qataris plus the middle east was watching the worldcup exclusively by Qatar network Al-Jazeera.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old July 17th, 2010, 11:05 AM   #1226
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
And you forgot:

Uruguay: approx. 2 million inhabitants when they won the WC.. twice..
Northern Ireland: approx. 1 million inhabitants when they reached the quarter-finals (WC 1958)
Wales: less than 2 million inhabitants when they reached the quarter-finals (WC 1958)

etc
wow finally I was waiting such post long time thank you of course these small countries still larger than Qatar and they are not in asia but we take our hat off for them and we will support any country of them if asked to host the worldcup as Uruguay hosted the first world cup, Qatar always will support any small country try to develop itself to become with big countries in same raw.
Old July 17th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #1227
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
I think Doha would make a great host city in 2054 when Qatars population has grown significantly and the bid complies with every other bid in FIFA history.
well you think this and there also millions in middle east think Qatar can host it in 2022 and they are waiting 2nd of dec.
Old July 17th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #1228
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
That is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen posted. And how did you win the Asian games? Were all the good teams at the WORLD CUP?
of course there was many teams reached world cup 2006 and was fighting on medals include Japan , Korea , Iran or countries was in worldcup in past like china, Arab Emarities , Kuwait and many others you think nobody arrived worldcup other than your country lol ?? all of these countries arrived to world cup and South korea it self arrived more than 8 times and they was in 4th position and didnt get any medal.

why you didnt answered my question where the countries you said they are smaller than Qatar and better than Qatar in Asia with football championships record ??

becouse they worth to host the worldcup 2022 in asia

Last edited by qatarson; July 17th, 2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old July 17th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #1229
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
of course there was many teams reached world cup 2006 and was fighting on medals include Japan , Korea , Iran or countries was in worldcup in past like china, Arab Emarities , Kuwait and many others you think nobody arrived worldcup other than your country lol ?? all of these countries arrived to world cup and South korea it self arrived more than 8 times and they was in 4th position and didnt get any medal.
Some countries do not take some events that seriously.

It is too hard to concentrate on the WC, Asian Cup and Asian Games, plus the Olympics.

Overall, the Asian Games are not considered a highlight of most big Asian football nations. It was a good win, but hard to use as evidence of success.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old July 17th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #1230
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
Some countries do not take some events that seriously.

It is too hard to concentrate on the WC, Asian Cup and Asian Games, plus the Olympics.

Overall, the Asian Games are not considered a highlight of most big Asian football nations. It was a good win, but hard to use as evidence of success.
lol I can answer you in same way to say many countries not take worldcup seriously too and some of these countires even dont care about football !!! but that not my way

who doesnt care about some thing there many others care about it and Asian golden medal or Asian cup is the most important championships and always there hard fighting on these championships.

and that why we will host Asia cup next year 2011 becouse land & fans will be given preference in defeat the big teams.
Old July 17th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #1231
Melb_aviator

Quote:
lol I can answer you in same way to say many countries not take worldcup seriously too and some of these countires even dont care about football !!! but that not my way

who doesnt care about some thing there many others care about it and Asian golden medal or Asian cup is the most important championships and always there hard fighting on these championships.

and that why we will host Asia cup next year 2011 becouse land & fans will be given preference in defeat the big teams.
I agree that it is good to play the big teams in any competition, but Qatar should be taking the WC as the ultimate goal if it is bidding for it. The Asian games is considered as less of a priority by the stongest teams, and therefore send teams of youth and less experienced players. That is my main point on that.

The main continental championship (Asian Cup) and the WC are the main events for senior teams. The Olympics are U/23, except for a few senior players. Anything else are all just secondary events.

Overall, the Qatar bid is technically strong, with good stadiums and transport plans, but I guess it will all come down to other factors. The size of the country is an issue, but I can see the bid focuses on that as a compact WC. The only thing that may really go against though is that there is little to gain for FIFA in Qatar itself as a football market, as it is already the main sport in a small country. I would still love to see a Qatar-UAE joint bid, if, as widely expected, that Qatar will miss out on 2022. A joint bid would be much stronger, and I would be all for that bid as a very strong contender to host. I love the Middle East, and would love to be at the event when/if it goes there.

If the USA does win, as most seem to suggest, then Asia would be in the front row for 2026, making a joint bid against possibly Australia, China, Japan and Sth Korea extremely strong. We will just need to wait and see, as everything will depend on 2022's host. Just as the USA would be at the front of the line for 2026 if asia gets this event.

I hae some concerns though that the USA being the only other bidder for 2018, other than the European bids, if it wins that event, then all non European bids for 2022 will be voided. A long shot, but it is still a fear.
Old July 17th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #1232
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
well you think this and there also millions in middle east think Qatar can host it in 2022 and they are waiting 2nd of dec.
There may well be but that still doesn't make the bid comply in any way ,shape or form with any previous successful bid or current criteria for this bid.
The World Cup needs to be in more than 1 city-no ifs,no buts

Very ambitious and audacious bid but totally unrealistic for the very same reasons Qatar was dumped in the much smaller Olympic bidding process
Should be seen for what it really is-a fantastic marketing ploy-brilliant ,almost free advertising
_X_ no está en línea  
Old July 17th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #1233
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
There may well be but that still doesn't make the bid comply in any way ,shape or form with any previous successful bid or current criteria for this bid.
The World Cup needs to be in more than 1 city-no ifs,no buts

Very ambitious and audacious bid but totally unrealistic for the very same reasons Qatar was dumped in the much smaller Olympic bidding process
Should be seen for what it really is-a fantastic marketing ploy-brilliant ,almost free advertising
Good Luck
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:29 AM   #1234
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
Australia has been playing soccer as long as the USA and before most countries (obvious product of the anglosphere). I guess we will have to disagree about your tiering of CONCACA, CAF and AFC. I stand by what I said about each others top team being able to beat each other. If you had 10 games of Australia vs the USA, 5 in Aus, 5 in the USA. I'm dead certain the result would be 5 all (not including draws).
Mexico is the top team in CONCACAF and would mop the floor with Australia 9 times out of 10.
hngcm no está en línea  
Old July 18th, 2010, 03:36 AM   #1235
Will737

Quote:
Originally Posted by hngcm View Post
Mexico is the top team in CONCACAF and would mop the floor with Australia 9 times out of 10.
I doubt that, we play too defensive to not draw at least twice.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old July 18th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #1236
White_soX

I personally have been to 3 world cup including one in South Africa and I don't think Qatar understand the concept of hosting a world cup. It's not about the stadiums you build or the amount of railways etc you have, it's rather the atmosphere between in the country that should already existed for WC. If the atmosphere between the unoccupied tall buildings rather dead(I've been to Doha myself), then what is the point really? Being in the middle of the world is good, but in today's globalized world, being at the end of the world doesn't even matter anymore, people can reach anywhere they want, thanx to Qatar Airways or Emirates etc..

Atmosphere of the world cup is important, people comes together and unite as one.They are not there to attend world cup to understand the arab world and Qatar better, that's the economist concern/problems. Backpackers,couple, single, students during summer holiday travel to the host nation to have the time of their life. They say hosting a world cup in South Africa helps the economy boost, believe me 90% of the attendees don't even give a damn abt that. They just want to be there, have a meaningful summer break every 4 years. Travel the hose country, not just ride cool train, cool airplanes, awesome highways and back to Doha for 1 month Like someone said previously, Qatar has to adopt to globalized world culture no the other way around. Ive been to Dubai, Doha etc. the cities are quite plastic, they have this construction booms to prove to the world that they are better than others.

Speaking of population, if you really think 3 million population can sustain 8 stadiums more than 40K capacity, you really need to wake up. Don't say you have the GCC friends, forget about it, cuz then Luxemberg can host it as well. Think hard people, you hv a population that even major cities of other country has more than your entire country???? hows that work and please do some math, this is common sense gentlemen. Sometimes you just need to travel the world, see what the world is. Even if I believe that asian countries, such as Malaysia, Singapore,Indonesia, Thailand, especially Korea, Japan, China gonna be a milestone better in hosting this game compare to Qatar. For god sake, even New Zealand will struggle to host it.

Honestly, people in your country are after your money, nobody wants to live in Qatar after their mission accomplished. Saying that, just because you have unlimited amount of cash doesn't mean you can hose everything. There are things you can't buy. Sure you can bid, but come one if you think you can over pass the USA and Australia. I guess this world cup rather be a really really good wet dream for the Qataris. Nothing against you guyz, as we all know arrogant + ignorant = delusional.........wake up, this is just PR stunt from you boss nothing more...

may be someday Qataris WC is going to Australia 2022

Last edited by White_soX; July 18th, 2010 at 08:54 AM.
White_soX no está en línea  
Old July 18th, 2010, 09:19 AM   #1237
Melb_aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_soX View Post
I personally have been to 3 world cup including one in South Africa and I don't think Qatar understand the concept of hosting a world cup. It's not about the stadiums you build or the amount of railways etc you have, it's rather the atmosphere between in the country that should already existed for WC. If the atmosphere between the unoccupied tall buildings rather dead(I've been to Doha myself), then what is the point really? Being in the middle of the world is good, but in today's globalized world, being at the end of the world doesn't even matter anymore, people can reach anywhere they want, thanx to Qatar Airways or Emirates etc..

Atmosphere of the world cup is important, people comes together and unite as one.They are not there to attend world cup to understand the arab world and Qatar better, that's the economist concern/problems. Backpackers,couple, single, students during summer holiday travel to the host nation to have the time of their life. They say hosting a world cup in South Africa helps the economy boost, believe me 90% of the attendees don't even give a damn abt that. They just want to be there, have a meaningful summer break every 4 years. Travel the hose country, not just ride cool train, cool airplanes, awesome highways and back to Doha for 1 month Like someone said previously, Qatar has to adopt to globalized world culture no the other way around. Ive been to Dubai, Doha etc. the cities are quite plastic, they have this construction booms to prove to the world that they are better than others.

Speaking of population, if you really think 3 million population can sustain 8 stadiums more than 40K capacity, you really need to wake up. Don't say you have the GCC friends, forget about it, cuz then Luxemberg can host it as well. Think hard people, you hv a population that even major cities of other country has more than your entire country???? hows that work and please do some math, this is common sense gentlemen. Sometimes you just need to travel the world, see what the world is. Even if I believe that asian countries, such as Malaysia, Singapore,Indonesia, Thailand, especially Korea, Japan, China gonna be a milestone better in hosting this game compare to Qatar. For god sake, even New Zealand will struggle to host it.

Honestly, people in your country are after your money, nobody wants to live in Qatar after their mission accomplished. Saying that, just because you have unlimited amount of cash doesn't mean you can hose everything. There are things you can't buy. Sure you can bid, but come one if you think you can over pass the USA and Australia. I guess this world cup rather be a really really good wet dream for the Qataris. Nothing against you guyz, as we all know arrogant + ignorant = delusional.........wake up, this is just PR stunt from you boss nothing more...

may be someday Qataris WC is going to Australia 2022
You make some decent points, but to say people do not come there to see the culture too is not so true. Its a mix of sport and cultural tourism that brings people to a WC. If they are not interested in the country, people will not really be that interested in going all the way there just to see what is on the TV anyway.

Qatar is a developing economy, which has undergone massive building booms, more out of prestige at times than for current reality. In saying that, it sees this as building for the future, along the lines of the if we build it they will come ideal.

I see nothing wrong with them trying to go for the WC, I guess I am more aginst the constant stream of deflection of anything negative as an attack on that nation. We do not like hearing negative things about our own countries, but many of us know that there are flaws in our society and bids and accept those. Its when others try to use that to throw at you, when it is obvious that worse things happen in other countries, it is when we feel it goes too far.

Whoever wins, we need to ensure its best for football, not just the short term gains. Money should not be the prime driver of the decison.
Old July 18th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #1238
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
have unlimited amount of cash doesn't mean you can hose everything. There are things you can't buy.
we dont need buy anything ! we have a seat at fifa and we are heading Asia and we know very well our position, you can says these words to another country who dont have seat and purchased Jewelry, Gifts, Tickets to win the bid.

Quote:
Honestly, people in your country are after your money, nobody wants to live in Qatar after their mission accomplished.
lol We can not keep pace with the demand for apartments and villas and there many people coming every year to Qatar to buy houses and apartments and live here in Qatar and our population growing as our economy. They are fleeing from the payment of taxes and global crises in their countries to live a luxury life in Qatar.

I knew European government start to pay it is citizens to give up their nationality, and more 5 European governments announced severe austerity and new taxes.

Qatar is like dream lands for many of people and the Department of Immigration and Passports have thousands of requests monthly for citizenship.

Quote:
Nothing against you guyz
of course you have nothing against us But your words did not come in contact with reality at all, and this is due your hopes for Australia or USA.

we are sorry Qatar is online
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #1239
Dubaiiscool:)

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
Beg your plastic pardon. Qatar isn't a country but a cosmetic and soulless city with suburbs and a national football league with pathetic level and almost zero club support, presenting itself as a builder's showcase, blinded by skindeep and superficial prestige. Cynical bid really.

Anyone disagreeing and predictably responding and transparantly claiming I've never been to Qatar in an unsubstantial attempt to play down my judgment; save your blushes
No need to be so polite. Qatar actually is a country with a very modern capital city - DOHA. It might not have the football support found in most European countries but has enough support to host the FIFA WORLD CUP and the infrastructure. The country is filled with proud nationals who are humane enough to share their country with the western world and respects other cultures.

You have obviously never been to Qatar because you think it is a city

I'm not blushing the only thing that is blushing is the chubby cheeks in your Avatar.
Old July 18th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #1240
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiiscool:) View Post
No need to be so polite. Qatar actually is a country with a very modern capital city - DOHA. It might not have the football support found in most European countries but has enough support to host the FIFA WORLD CUP and the infrastructure. The country is filled with proud nationals who are humane enough to share their country with the western world and respects other cultures.

You have obviously never been to Qatar because you think it is a city

I'm not blushing the only thing that is blushing is the chubby cheeks in your Avatar.
Are you serious in responding to such post, If we will listen to such voices we will go back a hundred years.

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022