daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 18th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #1241
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiiscool:) View Post
No need to be so polite. Qatar actually is a country with a very modern capital city - DOHA. It might not have the football support found in most European countries but has enough support to host the FIFA WORLD CUP and the infrastructure. The country is filled with proud nationals who are humane enough to share their country with the western world and respects other cultures.

You have obviously never been to Qatar because you think it is a city

I'm not blushing the only thing that is blushing is the chubby cheeks in your Avatar.

I won't get started because this topic is taboo for a mere Stadium Forum but you sir have some serious reading and interaction to do.
Walbanger no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #1242
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
we dont need buy anything ! we have a seat at fifa and we are heading Asia and we know very well our position, you can says these words to another country who dont have seat and purchased Jewelry, Gifts, Tickets to win the bid.

That proves just how little you actually know.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old July 18th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #1243
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

I know that Qatar says there will be designated areas around where alcohol can be sold, but will there be any bars in Doha spread out around the city and clubs with alcohol? Could I walk down the street and find bars and clubs with alcohol or will it be confined to the areas set?
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old July 18th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #1244
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2762

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
we dont need buy anything ! we have a seat at fifa and we are heading Asia and we know very well our position, you can says these words to another country who dont have seat and purchased Jewelry, Gifts, Tickets to win the bid.
At the risk of setting oneself up for a steep fall I would be careful asserting you know what your bid or any given bid team is or isn't doing to get a bid.

I wouldn't exactly find it unfathomable for those who live in a wasta culture to be beyond attempting certain backroom deals.
Old July 18th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #1245
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
The country is filled with proud nationals who are humane enough to share their country with the western world and respects other cultures.
As if the reason why Qatar has forigners, be they Western or Sout/East Asian, is because they appreciate their religion, culture, and diversity.

When you say "humane" enough you make it out like those who come to Qatar are a filthy rif raff lot who are hard to tolerate for the exalted natives.
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:27 AM   #1246
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
As if the reason why Qatar has forigners, be they Western or Sout/East Asian, is because they appreciate their religion, culture, and diversity.

When you say "humane" enough you make it out like those who come to Qatar are a filthy rif raff lot who are hard to tolerate for the exalted natives.
Hey, atleast Qatar has an "official" church complex. Qatar already has a good cultural diversity.

OnceBittenTwiceShy, All i see is hate in your comments. I need you to prove to me all what you said. soul-less, cosmetic, zero club support etc. Prove it or it isnt true.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old July 19th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #1247
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Hey, atleast Qatar has an "official" church complex. Qatar already has a good cultural diversity.

OnceBittenTwiceShy, All i see is hate in your comments. I need you to prove to me all what you said. soul-less, cosmetic, zero club support etc. Prove it or it isnt true.
While that may be progressive for the region for most of the world that act would receive a shrug given that is a minimum of what common decency requires. "Having" cultural diversity is different then embracing, engaging, and promoting it.
Old July 19th, 2010, 11:44 AM   #1248
Dubaiiscool:)

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post

I'm just saying that they are open minded enough to welcome humans with totally different cultures to come and live in their country compared to other countries on earth that has some nationals with the exact attitude that you think I have - who thinks of foreigners as a burden - eg. the big ones are Australia, America and Britain among others.

Luckily I am one of those people who live in Australia who immigrated from South Africa and have first hand experience on how foreigners get treated within these countries so I definitely don't have such prejudice attitude. One of the reasons why I like the United Arab Emirates and Dubai in particular so much is because of its multiculturalism.

Last edited by Dubaiiscool:); July 19th, 2010 at 11:58 AM.
Dubaiiscool:) no está en línea  
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #1249
Will737

Quote:
]

Luckily I am one of those people who live in Australia who immigrated from South Africa and have first hand experience on how foreigners get treated within these countries so I definitely don't have such prejudice attitude. One of the reasons why I like the United Arab Emirates and Dubai in particular so much is because of its multiculturalism.
Okay, so your a South African that moved to Australia? Can you please tell me why you said 'so I definitely don't have such prejudice attitude'. It seems your implying you were racially mistreated, in what way?
Will737 no está en línea  
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #1250
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

@dubaiiscool

What a joke!?

You've obviously never left your house.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #1251
Will737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
@dubaiiscool

What a joke!?

You've obviously never left your house.
He's obviously delusional, thank god for ignore lists.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #1252
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
I'm just saying that they are open minded enough to welcome humans with totally different cultures to come and live in their country compared to other countries on earth that has some nationals with the exact attitude that you think I have - who thinks of foreigners as a burden - eg. the big ones are Australia, America and Britain among others.

The US, UK, and Australia are so racist and mean that they have granted citizenship to millions of "foreigners".
In contrast there are places such as Qatar and the UAE are so accepting and warm to diversity that it is next to impossible to get citizenship no matter how long you live and contribute to their economy. On top of that even if you fall in love with a local girl the authorities will be so welcoming they will not even recognize you or your children as a citizen.

Aren't their "natives" only compounds/neighborhoods in Dubai BTW? Sounds like a real love of diversity and cultural exchange going on there.
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #1253
ZABoy

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:

You left the most diversified country in the world (RSA) for Ass-tralia? yhooo
ZABoy no está en línea  
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #1254
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1111

Quote:

That's funny, the general consenus in Australia is that the Country is far richer for the influx of new Australians, but of course there is teething problems which on a global scale Australia has handled pretty well. My extended family has people of South East Asian and Japanese decent and we're wraped with it. Australian's just don't like Queue Jumpers or individuals of groups who don't leave there previous societies problems back in their old world.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old July 20th, 2010, 07:21 AM   #1255
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
Same demanding line of questioning applied by genocide deniers.

You're not in the position to address me imperatively, boy. You may disagree with me or not; you'll just still have to learn to accept other visions.
No proof ? never happened.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #1256
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
No proof ? never happened.
brother there one proof we have bid there and such guys is so worry of winning opportunity by Qatar.

َQatar small country less than 2 million
it is weather hot in summer

with these defects Qatar embarrass the major countries and it is on the top of power index

Last edited by qatarson; July 20th, 2010 at 10:02 AM.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #1257
Will737

1. I can't understand.
2. What I can understand is total bullshit. Example; what the hell are you talking about with 'on top of power index'? Do you think that you are the favorites to win?

Can I ask you something? Do you honestly think you can win? and don't not answer the question like you do whenever you are proven wrong or made to look stupid (which happens quite a lot).
Will737 no está en línea  
Old July 20th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #1258
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
1. I can't understand.
2. What I can understand is total bullshit. Example; what the hell are you talking about with 'on top of power index'? Do you think that you are the favorites to win?

Can I ask you something? Do you honestly think you can win? and don't not answer the question like you do whenever you are proven wrong or made to look stupid (which happens quite a lot).
Of course they can win. If FIFA fall for financial inducements and overlook many requirements then they are in with a chance

The bid is strong in many elements, but the negatives do unfortunately outweigh the positives.

The strange thing is that East Asia is the growth area of the world, in footballing and economic terms, so ignoring Japan, Korea and China would not be smart. There are no benifits to most of Asia from a Qatari win, as the timezone is still not greatly suited to prime time in East Asia.

If FIFA want to maximise financial outcomes from 2022, it is the US or East Asia bids (Japan, Korea or Australia) that will be most likely taken most seriously. Qatar just is not the strongest bid to really maximise a Gulf/West Asia bid.

In saying all that, Qatar has a chance, as do all. It just depends how its all spun.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old July 20th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #1259
sali_haci
High in the sky

Likes (Received): 2635

GO QATAR!!!

Ovidius
sali_haci no está en línea  
Old July 20th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #1260
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
1. I can't understand.
not my problem you do not understand or you are allergic to this topic

Quote:
Of course we are on the list of the most powerful bid and we are the closest competitors to win does not matter what you say, or any another competitor we have great conviction in our case and our capabilities if you're skeptical that your problem is not our problem at all.
qatarson no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022