daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 29th, 2010, 07:19 AM   #1281
waqif
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
sounds cool - but is it water efficient?

this is a big issue in Australia (we have mandatory water efficiency regulations - in my city we cannot even water our garden except twice a week in the morning)
it is convert humidity to water and save it in tank to use it later when need to convert the water to cold fog and sprays it into the atmosphere.

this also can be useful for places have problems with water so it is can be new resource for water from humidity.
waqif no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #1282
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
it is convert humidity to water and save it in tank to use it later when need to convert the water to cold fog and sprays it into the atmosphere.

this also can be useful for places have problems with water so it is can be new resource for water from humidity.
how does it work in areas with little to no humidity though? I know in southern australia (for instance) its very dry in summer, so evaporative cooling works very well - but this uses a lot of water unfortunately
T74 no está en línea  
Old July 29th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #1283
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
@QatarSon333 why would Japan&Korea need outdoor cooling - it's not like it's 40degrees over there.
Who said anything about them needing outdoor cooling? I said "technologies"... thats all. and it was just a personal opinion.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #1284
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

^

You said did they have them, I pointed out they didn't need them.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old July 29th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #1285
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Surely Dohas WC bid team isn't going to just present that drawing to the FIFA executive and expect to get away with it
_X_ no está en línea  
Old July 30th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #1286
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

It looks like a year 7 with ADHD's science project that he did the night before it was due.

Is it supposed to be a tree?
Will737 no está en línea  
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:12 AM   #1287
Archbishop

Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Perhaps this could be implemented for the 2022 World cup, Also helps Doha 2020 Olympic bid. And this is just a local idea, I wonder what the high-tech world of Japan and South Korea has to offer in terms of outdoor cooling.

Qatar engineer designs ‘Cooling Palm’

DOHA: A Qatari engineer has designed a device that can eliminate the sizzling heat and high humidity levels in the atmosphere. The “Cooling Palm” with its environment-friendly technology can reduce the temperature considerably, according to Farej Sakeri, a local engineer.

“The multifunctional device can reduce the temperature from some 45 degrees Celsius to 20 degrees Celsius,” said Sakeri. “It can also reduce humidity from 60 percent to 10 percent and can also increase the oxygen content in the air from 24 percent to 40 percent. It can also absorb the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere,” he told a local daily

The machine has been created keeping in mind the needs of the GCC region. Hence it is camouflaged to blend into the local landscape in the form of a date-palm; hence the name – Cooling Palm.

The device owes its multi-functionality to a couple of gadgets that can filter air. These include a device that absorbs the moisture in the air, thereby reducing humidity. Another device then converts this moisture into water by condensing it.

The water is stored in a tank and when needed it is taken to the top of the Cooling Palm. Here, a device called industrial fog valve converts the water into cold fog and sprays it into the atmosphere.

“The whole machine is based on solar energy and it needs no electricity or water to run. The leaf-like structures in the palm help to absorb the sun’s energy. The whole machine stands at a height of 40 metres,” he said.

The fog cloud will be at a height of 35 metres from the ground and cover an area of 100 square metres. This can bring down the ambient temperature to between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius. These clouds can also help block the sun’s rays.

“The machine can be installed in all public places. Open areas like the Corniche and the souqs in Qatar can be cooled in this manner, thereby attracting more visitors. The device can be modified and installed at homes,” Sakeri told the daily.

Though the device was innovated by Sakeri, the design of the machine was suggested by a senior official in a cleaning company here. Hence the device will be soon patented in the name of the company.

However, this is not the first device that the engineer has invented. The first one was Zero Smoking, a technology that handles fumes and smoke in factories to reduce the impact on the environment.

THE PENINSULA
Yeah I have Microsoft Paint too.
Archbishop no está en línea  
Old July 30th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #1288
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

So basically it sprays a mist to cool the area around it...

Kinda like what they have at Six Flags when you're waiting in line for rides.
hngcm no está en línea  
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:11 PM   #1289
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
It looks like a year 7 with ADHD's science project that he did the night before it was due.

Is it supposed to be a tree?
X Mas tree
_X_ no está en línea  
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:43 AM   #1290
ExSydney
Melbourne-Sydneysider

Likes (Received): 78

These "outdoor cooling stadiums" is becoming more of a joke as the truth continues to come out.
ExSydney no está en línea  
Old August 1st, 2010, 02:34 AM   #1291
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

Qatar weather average
Oct - Dec 25 to 30°C

Why Qatar need cooling technology for world cup?
crazyalex no está en línea  
Old August 1st, 2010, 03:37 AM   #1292
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyalex View Post
Qatar weather average
Oct - Dec 25 to 30°C

Why Qatar need cooling technology for world cup?
because the WC occurs in months that don't lie between Oct and Dec
T74 no está en línea  
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:03 AM   #1293
iJosh
나쁜 머슴애

Likes (Received): 160

The stadium looks creepy.
It looks like some kind of fruit being cut in half.
iJosh no está en línea  
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:32 AM   #1294
_X_

Rumour has it a motion is being put forward that no nation can bid to host unless they have previously qualified for a World Cup, not that it would affect anyone bidding for 2022.
_X_ no está en línea  
Old August 1st, 2010, 10:04 AM   #1295
Will737

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Rumour has it a motion is being put forward that no nation can bid to host unless they have previously qualified for a World Cup, not that it would affect anyone bidding for 2022.
Na Qata haz a awesm fotbal teem!

Also, take note of how the supporters of this bid ie. qatarson never respond when they've been corrected or their bid or themselves have been made to look stupid.

Last edited by Will737; August 1st, 2010 at 10:33 AM.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old August 3rd, 2010, 07:25 AM   #1296
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Na Qata haz a awesm fotbal teem!

Also, take note of how the supporters of this bid ie. qatarson never respond when they've been corrected or their bid or themselves have been made to look stupid.
On vacation.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:43 AM   #1297
Will737

Ha, I hate how hard it is to find time for an internet cafe. Being serious.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:30 AM   #1298
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Ha, I hate how hard it is to find time for an internet cafe. Being serious.
& i am being serious as I have more to do while traveling than sitting in front of a screen. but i read the news on the internet so i make some time as well...

--------------

South Africa - Media Release: Deputy Minister Ebrahim Ismail Ebrahim concludes Second Round of Bilateral Consultations in the State of Qatar

Deputy Minister Ebrahim Ismail Ebrahim today, participated in the second high level Bilateral Consultations with his counterpart Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs of the State of Qatar, Mr Saif Muggadam Al-Buainain.

During the discussions, Deputy Minister Ebrahim commended the State of Qatar for the developments it has made in recent times, especially in terms of economic development, [this] he said “… serves as a beacon of hope for developing countries, … [and] it is my sincere hope that this meeting consolidate our existing political and economic bilateral relations, especially as we are both members of the Global South.”

During the Second Round of Bilateral Consultation Deputy Minister Ebrahim also congratulated the Assistant Minister on the State of Qatar’s constructive mediation and facilitation role it is playing in conflict situations. “This positive leadership role displays to the international community the significant impact developing countries can have in persevering to maintain and establish peace and stability” he said.

Deputy Minister Ebrahim communicated to the Assistant Minister Al-Buainain that although South Africa does not have a voting role on the FIFA governing body, South Africa supports Qatar’s 2022 bid, and would willingly share our experiences and successes.

During his official visit to the State of Qatar, Deputy Minister Ebrahim also held bilateral meetings with the Minister of State for Interior Affairs; the State of Qatar’s Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces; and tomorrow, 2 August 2010 will conclude his visit by amongst others holding discussions with members of the Qatari Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Qatar Holdings.

Tomorrow, Deputy Minister Ebrahim departs for the State of Kuwait and will conclude his Gulf Region visit in the Kingdom of Bahrain.

Source
Old August 7th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #1299
italiano_pellicano
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2010

nice
italiano_pellicano no está en línea  
Old August 10th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #1300
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Soccerex Asian Forum 2010

Members of the bid team headed to Singapore to attend the Soccerex Asian Forum.

Marketing Manger Gina Petersen (left) and Communications Director Nasser Al Khater (right) demonstrate an interactive display for AFC President and FIFA Executive Committee member Mohammed Bin Hammam (center).

AFC President and FIFA Executive Committee member Mohammed Bin Hammam: "I have one vote...and frankly speaking I will vote for Qatar."

Bid CEO Hassan Al Thawadi speaks to the media during a press event organized by the bid.

AFC President and FIFA Executive Committee member Mohammed Bin Hammam was interviewed by Sky Sports Presenter Matt Lorenzo. During the interview, Bin Hammam expressed his support for Qatar's bid.

Qatar's booth at Soccerex attracted large numbers of attendees.

The bid sponsored a booth at the forum, organized a networking event and a press availability with Bid CEO Hassan Al Thawadi.

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022