daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old August 22nd, 2010, 03:12 PM   #1341
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

^
Cry me a river...
Solopop no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:32 PM   #1342
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
^
Cry me a river...
well the thread wasn't like this before oncebittentwiceshy showed up, we had some decency, we argued true but with information. Not hate and disrespect.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:22 PM   #1343
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Why doesn't Qatar co-host it? It seems a little to much for the nation to handle by it's self. Jamaica's population looks like a giant to Qatar.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:23 AM   #1344
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
The grotesque and farcical Qatar attempt coming from a tiny city nation with non-existent football and fan history, is an artificial, superficial and manipulating airco-bid, lacking authenticity and natural charm. This statement, substantiated with valid arguments by various contributors, apparently provokes chagrin and insults of arrogant and jingoistic locals.

Should one faint from sheer admiration, embrace make-belief and be censored to comfort the wanna-be host? I think not. Let one be entitled to have one's opinion.
None of that affects the 24-member FIFA executive committee decision on the 2nd of December 2010.

If air-conditioners bother you so much, we might as well just host the world cup... at 45-50 degrees Celsius.

Whats not authentic or not natural ????

Respect me the way I respect you, I rarely insult people. There is a saying in Arabic and the saying goes "If whats to be spoken is of silver, then keeping quite is of gold" so if you have something useful, please share it, otherwise just keep quite please.

Ones opinion shouldn't be wrapped up with hate, racism and stereotypes.

Your biggest mistake is not having any PROOF ! no sources... nothing at all. all thats coming from you is "blah blah blah", support your "claims"
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:37 AM   #1345
Kenni
What?

Quote:
The grotesque and farcical Qatar attempt coming from a tiny city nation with non-existent football and fan history, is an artificial, superficial and manipulating airco-bid, lacking authenticity and natural charm. This statement, substantiated with valid arguments by various contributors, apparently provokes chagrin and insults of arrogant and jingoistic locals.

Should one faint from sheer admiration, embrace make-belief and be censored to comfort the wanna-be host? I think not. Let one be entitled to have one's opinion.
When is it then that a non-football nation should get going on the subject according to you?

Regardless. Attitudes must change around here. You all have been warned.

Last edited by Kenni; August 23rd, 2010 at 04:58 PM.
Kenni no está en línea  
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:59 AM   #1346
Trelawny
BANNED

64 games in 6 stadiums. .

I still like the bid though, very creative!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:32 AM   #1347
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
64 games in 6 stadiums. .

I still like the bid though, very creative!
You must have had contact with false info, the number of stadiums proposed for this bid is 12.

including:

Khalifa stadium
Rayyan stadium
Gharrafa stadium

Lusail national stadium
Wakra stadium
Shamal stadium
Doha port stadium
Education city stadium

and more to be announced soon.

-----------------------------

between 2010 and 2012, 13600 new hotel rooms will be added to the current amount.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 11:35 PM   #1348
Trelawny
BANNED

True. Wikipedia only says 6 stadiums is to be used.
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:48 AM   #1349
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned; never. Qatar bidding for hosting football is like Belgium applying for staging camel races, the Seychelles going for Winter Olympics or the Pope running for president in Indonesia.
Well guess what, the FIFA Executive Committee Members do not need your opinion, neither is it important to them.

Last edited by Qatar Son 333; August 24th, 2010 at 03:55 AM.
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:57 AM   #1350
Kenni
What?

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned; never. Qatar bidding for hosting football is like Belgium applying for staging camel races, the Seychelles going for Winter Olympics or the Pope running for president in Indonesia.
But, football/soccer is more widely popular in the world, yes, even on the sand people play soccer vs those other "sports" you mentioned. Now that spiff of Winter Olympics in the Seychelles, well there you're just exaggerating. Soccer is popular because all you need is a ball and a pitch.

And of course, that is only your opinion. Every nation in the world plays soccer now. it's like saying that the World Cup in 1994 didn't do squat for the US. It created a league which this year added more teams and more on the way next year.
Kenni no está en línea  
Old August 24th, 2010, 05:06 AM   #1351
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

The same was said about USA 1994 and the same could be said (to some extent) about Australia 2022 bid. And of course, the Qatari bid.

This year Qatar is getting a Womens football league, and the Qatar womens national football team will participate in the 2012 Olympics qualifiers.

Non-existent footballing history ?? check all the pages of this thread, I posted the Qatari football history, maybe its not the glorious England and Brazil achievement and successes , but for a country like Qatar, its acceptable.
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:08 AM   #1352
Trelawny
BANNED

I don't know why Once bitten twice is beefing with Qatar. Oncebitten is from Egypt and he is arguing against the games for Qatar which is a fellow Arab nation. Thats like Angola beefing with South Africa against the games. If the games somehow came to The Caribbean I would cheer for any of our sister nations. Maybe North Africans Arabs usually beef with Middle East Arabs?
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #1353
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
I don't know why Once bitten twice is beefing with Qatar. Oncebitten is from Egypt and he is arguing against the games for Qatar which is a fellow Arab nation. Thats like Angola beefing with South Africa against the games. If the games somehow came to The Caribbean I would cheer for any of our sister nations. Maybe North Africans Arabs usually beef with Middle East Arabs?
Its likely because he can see there are major question marks in the Qatari plan to host the event, which people have pointed out and looked at over time.

Not everything must be based on totally loyalty to the cause, just because someone is from the same region. Thats the mentality that, it seems, the Qatari bid team are trying to push forward, of a totally united front in the region. What is important to note though is that everyone can have their own opinions based on the facts they see. This is not tunnel vision or a brainwashing exercise that they might like to be undertake, it is personal choice to look at the facts and decide for ones self, arab or non-arabs alike.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old August 24th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #1354
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

He is obviously not Egyptian, I know Egyptians, there English could be great, but not to the level that makes me check the dictionary so often.

Away from the oncebittentwiceshy issue.

I have seen today along the roads banners for the 2022 bid, one of them said "22 Stadiums, 22 Countries", that puzzled me for a while, I tried to think what did they mean by that ? I came to remember there are 22 Arabic speaking countries. so did they imply that they will renovate/build 22 stadiums in 22 Arabic countries ?? Or did they mean that the bid will have 22 stadiums involved (which is highly doubtful).
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #1355
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1103

Not to sure but it probably is related to what you have hinted at and what Melb aviatar said about the Qatari bid pushing the unified Arab front as part of its sell to FIFA. So 22 Arab speaking nations, could it be 22 stadiums in Qatar including the training venues?
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:48 AM   #1356
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Im an independent individual whose residence or region is completely irrelevant when sceptically exposing Qatar's flaws, substantiated and countered with solid and valid arguments.
solid valid arguments that LACK ANY SOURCES/PROOFS.

-----------------------

Brazil and Argentina to clash in Doha

Football fans in Qatar are in for a treat with Brazil and Argentina scheduling a friendly in Doha on November 17, the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) announced yesterday.
The match will be played as part of the ASPIRE4SPORT Conference and Exhibition to be organised by Aspire Academy from November 15 to 18.
Brazil, who will host the 2014 World Cup, are ranked third in the world by FIFA while Argentina are fifth.
This will be Brazil’s second friendly in Doha. Last year, they defeated England 1-0 at the Khalifa Stadium
A major exhibition, coaching clinics, product launches and special events are planned for ASPIRE4SPORT, organisers said.
A tennis match between legends Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe, the 1980 Wimbledon finalists, also forms part of the event.
Athletics great Michael Johnson, who won four Olympic gold medals and nine world titles over the 200m and 400, will be another attraction at ASPIRE4SPORT where he will deliver motivational lectures besides showcasing his Texas-based Michael Johnson High Performance Center.
Among the latest names to confirm their attendance at the conference and exhibition are European Champions Inter Milan, Barcelona FC, Major League Baseball and sportswear company Burrda.

SOURCE
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:48 AM   #1357
pathfinder_2010

Likes (Received): 5

ok.. this bid from Qatar is an unrealistic one.. They wont win it..
They have a great world class airline in Qatar Airways though

Last edited by pathfinder_2010; August 25th, 2010 at 02:48 AM. Reason: typo
pathfinder_2010 no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:19 AM   #1358
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinder_2010 View Post
ok.. this bid from Qatar is an unrealistic one.. They wont win it..
They have a great world class airline in Qatar Airways though
Please, do explain. In what way is it unrealistic ?
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:52 AM   #1359
pathfinder_2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Please, do explain. In what way is it unrealistic ?
1. 2018 I think will goto europe
2. England and Russia have footballing history and they have big leagues with stadiums already established. Russia has to work on their stadiums but can easily get there. Qatar can also get their stadiums no doubt.
3. Qatar is much smaller in terms of land mass compared to the above mentioned countries which is nice which means less travel but not many major cities like in England or Russia or Australia
4. The 2 above mentione countries will also provide more bang for the buck for the visiting tourist. England and Russia to me are definitely more thrilling and enticing to visit than Qatar (no offense) for the same reason - value for money
5. Australia - Another option that also provides more value to the tourist and can easily grow the sport there. A-League is getting bigger. Well established stadiums already there, transportation getting there from city to city.
Old August 25th, 2010, 04:03 AM   #1360
pathfinder_2010

I think a joint bid from Qatar-Bahrain-UAE would have been excellent

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022