daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old March 25th, 2009, 10:51 AM   #121
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
Qataris doesn't have money only ! They have very smart government which pushed their country to be the richest world country only in 3 years and to be the strongest world media in 3 years too leading by Aljazeera Network and they invest in science more than usa and europ doing together and im sure this will make them the leader in science in next 5 years so don't think that they only care about sport they are making the new future by the fastest growing country while the world economy and institutions crashing around us these days.

Go ... Qatar and watch haters
And all this doesn't have absolutely nothing to do with organizing World Cup. Luxembourg has highest GDP in the world. Are they capable of hosting it? Let's be real guys...
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:57 AM   #122
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
And all this doesn't have absolutely nothing to do with organizing World Cup. Luxembourg has highest GDP in the world. Are they capable of hosting it? Let's be real guys...
it is real and impressive officially biding and your text isnt real and far away of what we are watching these days
qatarson no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #123
woozoo

Likes (Received): 188

This continues to be the funniest thread on the forum
woozoo no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #124
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozoo View Post
This continues to be the funniest thread on the forum
your useless post what make it funny in your opinion
Old March 25th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #125
QatPhils
DOH - AUH - Baguio :D

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
You guys are really ancient, research first before speaking out, Qatar has the highest GDP per capita in the world since 2008.

And as qatarson said, most of you guys are ruining the thread by posting the same posts in the previous, and as if doing in purpose to hijack this thread.
QatPhils no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #126
RobH

Likes (Received): 10327

No, we're trying to get answers about how realistic it is to expect a country with one only city big to host a world cup. And I'm still thinking a five to ten fold increase in league attendences, which is what you'll need to avoid white elephants, is unrealistic. Nobody has given me any figures to show me that this is in the slightest bit realistic.

This thread isn't being hijacked. It's just that sensible questions aren't being answered.
RobH no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #127
SpicyMcHaggis

Quote:
Originally Posted by QatPhils View Post
You guys are really ancient, research first before speaking out, Qatar has the highest GDP per capita in the world since 2008.

And as qatarson said, most of you guys are ruining the thread by posting the same posts in the previous, and as if doing in purpose to hijack this thread.
First or second... doesn't really man much, you got my point.

We are not "ruining" this thread. We are just trying to show you how delusional and ignorant you are about this subject. We have right on our own opinion i suppose.
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #128
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
No, we're trying to get answers about how realistic it is to expect a country with one only city big to host a world cup. And I'm still thinking a five to ten fold increase in league attendences, which is what you'll need to avoid white elephants, is unrealistic. Nobody has given me any figures to show me that this is in the slightest bit realistic.

This thread isn't being hijacked. It's just that sensible questions aren't being answered.
well Doha can host it for many reasons one of these reasons it is new modern city and much modern than London , Chicago , Tokyo , Atlanta and already some of these old cities hosted it, man I dont blame you because you are living in old city when it is flood you cant even use the metro and the life stop in your city I invite you to watch the future by visiting Doha or Dubai and then you will find answers to your old questions.
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:59 PM   #129
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

In Cape Town we have about 4 million people. We will now bid for the World Cup in 2026.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #130
RobH

Likes (Received): 10327

Quote:
well Doha can host it for many reasons one of these reasons it is new modern city and much modern than London , Chicago , Tokyo , Atlanta and already some of these old cities hosted it, man I dont blame you because you are living in old city when it is flood you cant even use the metro and the life stop in your city I invite you to watch the future by visiting Doha or Dubai and then you will find answers to your old questions.
So in other words, you can't answer them so instead decide to have a go at my "old" city.

Well, that's your argument won clearly!

And FYI, London has not hosted a world cup, England has. That's because it has several cities large enough to. Qatar doesn't. You're talking as though Doha could host a world cup by itself !

And before you decide to attack London again, remember which city won the 2012 Olympic race and which city didn't even shortlist in the 2016 race. London may not be as slick as Doha in some respects but it's a world-class city that rivals Tokyo and New York. If you want to continue this line of argument, take me on, but there'll only be one winner.

Last edited by RobH; March 25th, 2009 at 03:09 PM.
RobH no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:17 PM   #131
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
In Cape Town we have about 4 million people. We will now bid for the World Cup in 2026.
Nice, i will support that bid SA is my favourite country in Africa (followed by Egypt :P)

Quote:
Don't even bother going to Dubai !! jobs are cut and projects are getting stopped, the boom over there IS OVER, while here in Doha which isnt that far from Dubai, projects are being built and opened, infact earlier this month the Qatar Science and Technology park was opened while in december 2008 The Museum of Islamic Art opened for the public.... so its not all about Oil and Gas...
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #132
QatPhils
DOH - AUH - Baguio :D

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
First or second... doesn't really man much, you got my point.

We are not "ruining" this thread. We are just trying to show you how delusional and ignorant you are about this subject. We have right on our own opinion i suppose.
Ignorant people are people here who can't understand and respect, you're ignorant and just add to the arguments, now check whats posted before that answers your questions which we can see people like you here ignore it.
QatPhils no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:33 PM   #133
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
So in other words, you can't answer them so instead decide to have a go at my "old" city.

Well, that's your argument won clearly!

And FYI, London has not hosted a world cup, England has. That's because it has several cities large enough to. Qatar doesn't. You're talking as though Doha could host a world cup by itself !

And before you decide to attack London again, remember which city won the 2012 Olympic race and which city didn't even shortlist in the 2016 race. London may not be as slick as Doha in some respects but it's a world-class city that rivals Tokyo and New York. If you want to continue this line of argument, take me on, but there'll only be one winner.
Acctually, qatarson has a point.... your cities took way to long to develope... look at Doha... it did what your cities did in just 30 years !! and yes why not, come see Doha how its developing, your more than welcome, were a friendly nation .

We scored higher than Rio in the 2016 olympics bid... but we didnt make the short list because of the dates set... (lesson learned: dont choose dates out of the specified period... which means world cup will be hosted in 45C heat, airconditioned stadiums are going to be built)

BTW the Stadiums built are part of the Qatar 2030 vision anyways so it will be built even if were not chosen for the bid....
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:41 PM   #134
bigbossman

Likes (Received): 4

The world has globalized massively over the last 30 years and Doha is the main city of a small nation who employed aggressive expansion tactics. Our cities grew through natural progression there is a massive difference.

Modern doesn't = better.
bigbossman no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #135
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Modern dosent only equal better, Modern IS better !! u guys seriously need to come see the Gulf countries...
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #136
bigbossman

there in lies the problem, another country with citizens who have a self inflated sense of self importance.

As haggis says i'd take our history and culture over modern soulless buildings anyday
bigbossman no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #137
SpicyMcHaggis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Modern dosent only equal better, Modern IS better !! u guys seriously need to come see the Gulf countries...
Yeh, all architectural and cultural heritage in Europe is useless and it should be crashed to make room for 400m tall modern glass boxes. Awesome way of thinking
Old March 25th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #138
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

i didnt say that :P look at paris... the soil is too weak to support tall buildings, thus Le Defense and who said our culture/heritage was not developed ? most building now contain a feature of the Qatari architecture... like the old souk (Souq Waqif) and even towers and public buildings... all have features of the Qatari architecture and its being increased in a modern way
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #139
Joop20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
What !! u know people could sit anywhere they want, and in the future, attendance to the league will be much haigher than current figures, plus international matches (ex. world cup qualification matches) fill the stadium fully.... with alot of people outside wanting to go inside the stadium...
This thread is so funny!

Last edited by Joop20; March 25th, 2009 at 10:24 PM.
Joop20 no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #140
Bezzi

Likes (Received): 995

Qatar is a rich country, but very small. They can build 20 new stadiums, but were? All in Doha? About the olympic candidature, they have the required structure but has eliminated. Why? The whole desertic country, divided in only 10 municipalities, have the population of one million people. Less the womans that can't go to stadiums, rests 400.000 mens. This means empty stadiums.

I don't think that FIFA will make a World Cup in 4 cities, were the fanatics english an german supporters can't be drunk with beer.
Bezzi no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022