daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old August 27th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #1421
waqif
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
My parents and their parents have Malaysian heritage with their great great great grand parents probably slaves in Cape Town from Indonesia and Malaysia.

Does that mean I'm foreign and no Capetonian or South African?

Are Greek Australians with great grandparents who moved to Australia decades ago not Australian?

What about the Australians with Serb and Croat history?

Are all Australians not essentially from England?

Stop trying to make a mountain out of nothing. Qatar's situation is vastly different.

Whether we like it or not Qatar is simply not capable and not large enough at this stage to even think about hosting a World Cup.

We just had one in South Africa, its a huge event.

What part of this is offensive or incomprehensible I personally do not get.

Johannesburg or London or Sydney cannot host the entire WC. Why are you suggesting Qatar can?

The only reason FIFA are still considering Qatar is purely for marketing or financial reasons. If there was a shortlist, I can assure you Qatar would be far from making that cut NOT because its not a great, modern and highly developed country but because the event is just too big for a country of its scale, both in land size and population.
we have a great ambition and we can do this would be wrong to evaluate our country in size or population
waqif no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #1422
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
we have a great ambition and we can do this would be wrong to evaluate our country in size or population

I agree you have great ambition but surely Mo is on the money here.The country is only minuscule but the WC is GIGANTIC

I'm sorry but it would be a sad day if money prevailed against logic,history and the basic technical guidelines.
Maybe in 20 years if you have the 20 million people and 10 cities then its realistic.The only way to make it sooner is a co hosting with UAE and Bahrain
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #1423
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
I agree you have great ambition but surely Mo is on the money here.The country is only minuscule but the WC is GIGANTIC

I'm sorry but it would be a sad day if money prevailed against logic,history and the basic technical guidelines.
Maybe in 20 years if you have the 20 million people and 10 cities then its realistic.The only way to make it sooner is a co hosting with UAE and Bahrain
what you see is realistic to co host with UAE & Bahrain is impossible because FIFA would not accept three countries, Qatar has strong chance in 2022 and it's worth the effort and experience.
waqif no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #1424
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
With great ambition Doha can deliver good Olympic Games.

Qatar on its own cannot deliver a WC.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #1425
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
With great ambition Doha can deliver good Olympic Games.

Qatar on its own cannot deliver a WC.
our country working hard and we hope to win the bid to bring WC to Middle East for the first time.
waqif no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #1426
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

What happened here !!! insults, pictures, pointing fingers and stereotypes.

Lets go back a bit, this thread was made to discuss the following topic: QATAR - FIFA World Cup 2022 bid.

now other than the size, population, security and weather issues... do we really have any other issue ???
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:40 PM   #1427
Mo Rush

Quote:
The world knows you have ambitions.

I'm sure London would love to host the entire WC but it simply can't.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:41 PM   #1428
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post

Lets go back a bit, this thread was made to discuss the following topic: QATAR - FIFA World Cup 2022 bid.

now other than the size, population, security and weather issues... do we really have any other issue ???
Size and population is a gigantic issue, that not even money can overcome.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:42 PM   #1429
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:

yes the issue we are bidding to host world cup

brother read the newspaper today there news in al hayat about the deal I told you 3 month ago already bin hamam done it

http://ksa.daralhayat.com/ksaarticle/176248
qatarson no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #1430
_X_

Quote:
our country working hard and we hope to win the bid to bring WC to Middle East for the first time.
The world cup hasn't even been hosted in all continents or confederations yet.Lets hope that issue is addressed in 100 days
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #1431
Weebie

Likes (Received): 5

Alcohol will kill Qatars bid. Without the partying scenes the product is serverly dented. Qatar and Russia will fight it out not to be the first bid eliminated.

Qatars work so far for the Asian Cup has hardly been impressive. Infact one of the venues is an absolute joke. THe athletics field near my house is a better structure.
Weebie no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #1432
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
The world cup hasn't even been hosted in all continents or confederations yet.Lets hope that issue is addressed in 100 days
Nor has it been hosted by the Arabic/Islamic world before...

Quote:
Size and population is a gigantic issue, that not even money can overcome.
The compact nature of the bid could be a good thing you know, this means you do not need hotels everywhere, fans could stay in one place throughout the tournament, and it means less travel time, in fact, match to match in 30 minutes.

Population, i do not see the problem, if you mean spectators, then i read somewhere the country in case of a severe lack of spectators (less than 700,000) will pledge to bring 100,000 spectators that wish to see the world cup from abroad, through an application and selection process... (free of charge ) but i doubt we will have any problems with spectator numbers, but the 100,000 youth pledge is still nice.

what i meant is that we discussed these issues, but are there any other issues ? lets argue
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #1433
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
Alcohol will kill Qatars bid. Without the partying scenes the product is serverly dented. Qatar and Russia will fight it out not to be the first bid eliminated.

Qatars work so far for the Asian Cup has hardly been impressive. Infact one of the venues is an absolute joke. THe athletics field near my house is a better structure.
Fail, the alcohol subject has been solved, there will be alcohol served during the 2022 world cup. but drugs, prostitution etc will not be tolerated at all, if such incidents occur, there will be arrests.
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #1434
_X_

Quote:

Thanks for the opportunity 333,you are my favourite Qatari by a country mile.
Once again I'd like to state that I'm not trying to be nasty,these are facts and since the World Cup is the biggest prize on earth,the host has an incredible responsibility to serve the world in any manner that doesn't devalue the event
Off the top of my head,factors that are a major concern include-

-The smell of money
-Technical bid compliance
-Recognition and respect for World Cups history
-Lack of major event hosting experience
-Never qualified for the WC
-Systematic naturalising
-Aspire
-Pedigree
-Carbon dioxide emissions-easily the worst in the worst for 18 years
-Accommodation /pricing
-Alcohol
-Visas
-Kissing
-Bikinis
_X_ no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #1435
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Alcohol
Kissing
Bikinis
I don't think that FIFA would care too much about this stuff, the fans however...
Will737 no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #1436
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the opportunity 333,you are my favourite Qatari by a country mile.
Once again I'd like to state that I'm not trying to be nasty,these are facts and since the World Cup is the biggest prize on earth,the host has an incredible responsibility to serve the world in any manner that doesn't devalue the event
Off the top of my head,factors that are a major concern include-

-The smell of money
-Technical bid compliance
-Recognition and respect for World Cups history
-Lack of major event hosting experience
-Never qualified for the WC
-Systematic naturalising
-Aspire
-Pedigree
-Carbon dioxide emissions-easily the worst in the worst for 18 years
-Accommodation /pricing
-Alcohol
-Visas
-Kissing
-Bikinis
Due to time issues, I will answer quick ones.

Accommodation, according to Mo Rush, the number of rooms available in South Africa at the time of the 2010 FIFA World Cup was 100,000-105,000.
The Qatari bid estimate for 2022 is 110,000 rooms in the 3-5* category. 6,743 new rooms will be added by the end of this year. The lack of lower priced hotels will be corrected with more 4-5* hotels.

Carbon dioxide emissions, yes its the worst (per capita) but not with what other countries are emitting... as many know the we will use solar power as the energy for the lighting and cooling techniques at the stadiums. not to mention other parts of the country are quickly using solar power as a source of energy, there are plans to build solar power stations soon. recycling is also another initiative

I don't see how Aspire sport academy and systemic naturalising is an issue for the bid.

We might lack major event hostings, but we certainly have a decent history in hosting sport events, including the AFC Asian Cup 1988, Asian Games 2006, FIFA U-20 World Cup 1995 and soon AFC Asian Cup 2011. that is excluding many many smaller multi sport events. next step would be Doha 2020 Summer Olympics and/or Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup.

If you really need a miracle to work, money plays a big part in it, so money is a negative and a positive object.

Recognition and respect for World Cups history ??? What did you mean by this ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
I don't think that FIFA would care too much about this stuff, the fans however...
But I did mention that alcohol problem has been resolved (they will be served), Bikinis should be okay since Qatar already hosted sport events with female athlete wearing such attire according to the sport disciplines (Beach volleyball, swimming etc) Kissing should be fine since bikinis would be allowed...
Old August 27th, 2010, 07:33 PM   #1437
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
My parents and their parents have Malaysian heritage with their great great great grand parents probably slaves in Cape Town from Indonesia and Malaysia.

Does that mean I'm foreign and no Capetonian or South African?
Damn I always thought you were a white South African. But now you seem to be a Coloured/Maylay South African.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #1438
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
well Qatarson 333 answered this point and I want to add that the time zone in Qatar is good for Middle East + Africa + Europe + America (North & South)

match playing in 10 pm (Qatar time) 10 pm in Middle East countries
match playing in 10 pm (Qatar time) 8 pm in Cape Town+Egypt etc..
match playing in 10 pm (Qatar time) 8 pm in London+Berlin etc ..
match playing in 10 pm (Qatar time) 2 pm in Washington+Boston etc ..
match playing in 10 pm (Qatar time) 12 pm in Los Angeles+Vancouver etc ..
match playing in 10 pm (Qatar time) 4 pm in Argentina+Brazil etc ..

Last edited by waqif; August 27th, 2010 at 10:08 PM.
waqif no está en línea  
Old August 28th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #1439
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
well Qatarson 333 answered this point and I want to add that the time zone in Qatar is good for Middle East + Africa + Europe + America (North & South)

match playing in 10 pm (Qatar time) 10 pm in Middle East countries
match playing in 10 pm (Qatar time) 8 pm in Cape Town+Egypt etc..
match playing in 10 pm (Qatar time) 8 pm in London+Berlin etc ..
match playing in 10 pm (Qatar time) 2 pm in Washington+Boston etc ..
match playing in 10 pm (Qatar time) 12 pm in Los Angeles+Vancouver etc ..
match playing in 10 pm (Qatar time) 4 pm in Argentina+Brazil etc ..
but it will be on at 3am in East Asia - where most of the global growth is occuring
T74 no está en línea  
Old August 28th, 2010, 10:00 AM   #1440
3SPIRES

Likes (Received): 124

The day Qatar gets to host the World Cup would be the same day I stop watching international football.
3SPIRES no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022