daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old August 28th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #1441
Dubaiiscool:)

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
I don't expect them to understand the notion of an immigrant society and unity under an ideal rather than an ethnicity. Ethnicity being very important in the Gulf region where the legal structures are bound by it.
Why does the UAE and Kuwait have such high net migration rates then?

Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #1442
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
but it will be on at 3am in East Asia - where most of the global growth is occuring
Don't worry about the projected total for 2022 of 4,688,000,000-they don't count
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old August 28th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #1443
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
but it will be on at 3am in East Asia - where most of the global growth is occuring
Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Don't worry about the projected total for 2022 of 4,688,000,000-they don't count

Akkkk, Grow up you two... the 10Pm thing was just an example, lets not forget there will be day matches as well...
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #1444
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Latest updates by our fellow love-Qatar, The Qatar 2022 Bid Outdoor cooling test facility .

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-qatar View Post

Great news

The COOLING CENTER is almost ready

its located in Al Rudah Area, near by the New Sport Club
here is some photos

from the back, the big cover and it can be moved all around the building

from the front

another pic from the side

good luck for Qatar bid
FIFA inspection will be in September, and they will themselves witness the outdoor cooling facility and its carbon neutral techniques.
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #1445
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2762

Quote:
-The smell of money
-Technical bid compliance
-Recognition and respect for World Cups history
-Lack of major event hosting experience
-Never qualified for the WC
-Systematic naturalising
-Aspire
-Pedigree
-Carbon dioxide emissions-easily the worst in the worst for 18 years
-Accommodation /pricing
-Alcohol
-Visas
-Kissing
-Bikinis
An unacceptable labor record in regards to migrant workers rights like much of the region for those would actually be building the structures for "the dream".

A rather biggy that would reflect directly on FIFA and the bid itself IMO.
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #1446
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

Capacity?

Qater FIFA WC 2022 will be awesome
crazyalex no está en línea  
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #1447
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiiscool:) View Post
Why does the UAE and Kuwait have such high net migration rates then?

Duh. Because they depend on a steady turnover foreign labor to run their cities and nations for them.

This stems from not wanting to actually accept those non-Gulf/Muslim "riff raff" to be long term members of their society.

Last edited by nomarandlee; August 28th, 2010 at 07:27 PM.
nomarandlee no está en línea  
Old August 28th, 2010, 11:45 PM   #1448
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
Duh. Because they depend on a steady turnover foreign labor to run their cities and nations for them.

This stems from not wanting to actually accept those non-Gulf/Muslim "riff raff" to be long term members of their society.
why you people like to talk about points has nothing to do with fifa and open door on Australia & other countries bids for example USA has millions of migrants non legitimate they live under very difficult circumstances without works worse than those working in Qatar paid with oil money and live in pools equipped with all the services start from the tennis courts to cinemas while migrants who cross Spain to Europe a lot of them sleep in the open and cold and migrants to the mainland of Australia is no better as the native population in Australia still the poorest in Australia and the worst case of refugees.

Conversely, if you look to those countries as a matter of neutrality you will find that Qatar not involved in the interference in the affairs of others or sent it is soliders to invading other countries at the same time these governments support a formal and public siege on the people of Gaza and the death of the Palestinian people.

while Qatar rebuilt lebanon cities after an Israeli air strike and Qatar are restored peace between the warring parties in Darfur, Yemen and Mauritania and one of the founders of Human Rights council and in the first rank in the protection of human rights even protect the animal rights while a country have a bid file in world cup still kill bulls for fun and another one used killed kangaroo skin to cover it is bid file. we do want allergy exaggerated of our competitors and go away from the laws of FIFA and the sporting spirit, because they are also not angels or immune from making mistakes and if you think Qatar was the only black horse between world cup files so this expression means in the Arab world (( the winner horse )).

Last edited by qatarson; August 29th, 2010 at 01:43 AM.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old August 29th, 2010, 02:09 AM   #1449
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

*facepalms* I thought we were only going to talk about the bid, and here you are bringing countries that have nearly nothing to do with the Qatar Bid and then to top it of you go and discuss a highly sensitive topic which you have NO clue about (Australian refugees).
Will737 no está en línea  
Old August 29th, 2010, 02:47 AM   #1450
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
*facepalms* I thought we were only going to talk about the bid, and here you are bringing countries that have nearly nothing to do with the Qatar Bid and then to top it of you go and discuss a highly sensitive topic which you have NO clue about (Australian refugees).
Thats it, i have been quite for a long time and I do not know when i will release..

the problem is when any other person does it its okay, but when we point it out and do it you point fingers/claims etc.

So i am not really sure what every person here is up to, this thread is on its way to become another locked thread, just like Russia 2018 and FIFA Bids threads.

I have made many efforts to avoid derailing this thread and i need you cooperation.

qatarson is actually right, we did help Lebanon recover after the 2006 war, especially in rebuilding towns/villages/mosques/churches etc, not to mention insuring long term peace in the country. Also helping resolve border issues between Eritrea and Djibouti, helping internal peace in Yemen. plus many other issues.

And also a bid related achevment was building new and refurbishing football pitches in Lebanon, Syria and 2 other Asian countries as part of the Qatar 2022 bid program "Generation Amazing".

On a side note, you left all topics and suddenly became defensive about your "sensitive" topic, wouldn't you think we feel sensitive about certain topics as well ? you should expect such behavior.

BTW as Mo Ruch has stated before and in all the sports threads, no discussion of Political issues and relations and no mentioning of racism, posting a racist post or commenting on a racist post...
Old August 29th, 2010, 03:39 AM   #1451
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

I certainly won't be racist or political 333,but I reserve the right to point out the basic obvious deficiencies in this bid-of which there are many.Thanks for understanding.
I'd call on all sceptics to be a little more civil,as I would the Qataris to be a little more accepting.This way we can go forward and investigate the problems of the bid in harmony
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old August 29th, 2010, 03:43 AM   #1452
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
I certainly won't be racist or political 333,but I reserve the right to point out the basic obvious deficiencies in this bid-of which there are many.Thanks for understanding.
I'd call on all sceptics to be a little more civil,as I would the Qataris to be a little more accepting.This way we can go forward and investigate the problems of the bid in harmony
Sure, but one problem i am sure we DO NOT have is that there is no opposition to the bid in the country, unlike the Australian bid which I noticed many articles and posts in the Australian thread, and on the web. but i am not so sure about the United States.
Old August 29th, 2010, 04:49 AM   #1453
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Sure, but one problem i am sure we DO NOT have is that there is no opposition to the bid in the country, unlike the Australian bid which I noticed many articles and posts in the Australian thread, and on the web. but i am not so sure about the United States.
you need to look at the reason for the "opposition"

it was being engineered by competing codes, who were looking for some benefit from any WC bid

this was especially important as we just had a federal election, so you had to jump in early to get the pre-election promised dollars

funny thing is since the AFL and NRL came to their agreements with the FFA, the opposition to the bid is virtually silent now (except for the usual nuff nuffs who protest everything from the F1 GP to horse racing)
T74 no está en línea  
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #1454
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
why you people like to talk about points has nothing to do with fifa and open door on Australia & other countries bids
Listen man, if you can't get it through your thick skull what the conditions are of the many thousands of workers who would actually build your "big dream".

Quote:
for example USA has millions of migrants non legitimate they live under very difficult circumstances without works worse than those working in Qatar paid with oil money and live in pools equipped with all the services start from the tennis courts to cinemas while migrants
As if we believe that constructions workers in Qatar don't work twelve hour days for less then ten dollars per day and living 5-10 men to a room. Please don't take others for fools. Doing so just embarrasses yourself.
Even the illegal's in the US have the right to be paid a minimum wage, join unions, and are protected by UNILO standards meanwhile Qatar like its neighbors continue to not only allow but cater and protect the exploitation and humiliation of much of the migrant labor force who build their very nations and trophies.

You talking about compounds that the medium and higher paid westerners work at proves nothing.
Quote:
and cold and migrants to the mainland of Australia is no better as the native population in Australia still the poorest in Australia and the worst case of refugees.
If Aborigines construction workers are paid new stadiums in Australia they will not be paid humiliating crap wages and they will be paid a commensurate very real livable Australian wage for the sweat and efforts.
Quote:
Conversely, if you look to those countries as a matter of neutrality you will find that Qatar not involved in the interference in the affairs of others or sent it is solider's to invading other countries at the same time)).
Who in the heck could Qatar invade if they want? Taking credit for impossibilities dubious.
Quote:
these governments support a formal and public siege on the people of Gaza and the death of the Palestinian people.
How many Palestinians have died because of the siege? If countries that support have blood on their hands then I think nations that give political or financial support to the likes of Hamas do to. Anyway, these are political matters where angels and devils on both sides abound but that go far beyond the regions of the potential host nations.
Quote:
while Qatar rebuilt lebanon cities after an Israeli air strike and Qatar are restored peace between the warring parties in Darfur,
That is a rather sick and insulting claim. Qatar abstained when it mattered most to try to stop an ethnic cleansing that makes the humiliations, atrocities, killings, and displacement compared to those of the recent Israel/Palestinians look like child's play. All because Sudan is an "Arab Muslim" brother. Disgusting.
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/af...ote/index.html
The U.N. plan would beef up the financially strapped African Union's force of 7,000 troops, which has been unable to quell the violence there.
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:02 AM   #1455
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Listen man, if you can't get it through your thick skull what the conditions are of the many thousands of workers who would actually build your "big dream".

As if we believe that constructions workers in Qatar don't work twelve hour days for less then ten dollars per day and living 5-10 men to a room. Please don't take others for fools. Doing so just embarrasses yourself.
Even the illegal's in the US have the right to be paid a minimum wage, join unions, and are protected by UNILO standards meanwhile Qatar like its neighbors continue to not only allow but cater and protect the exploitation and humiliation of much of the migrant labor force who build their very nations and trophies.

You talking about compounds that the medium and higher paid westerners work at proves nothing.

If Aborigines construction workers are paid new stadiums in Australia they will not be paid humiliating crap wages and they will be paid a commensurate very real livable Australian wage for the sweat and efforts.

Who in the heck could Qatar invade if they want? Taking credit for impossibilities dubious.

How many Palestinians have died because of the siege? If countries that support have blood on their hands then I think nations that give political or financial support to the likes of Hamas do to. Anyway, these are political matters where angels and devils on both sides abound but that go far beyond the regions of the potential host nations.

That is a rather sick and insulting claim. Qatar abstained when it mattered most to try to stop an ethnic cleansing that makes the humiliations, atrocities, killings, and displacement compared to those of the recent Israel/Palestinians look like child's play. All because Sudan is an "Arab Muslim" brother. Disgusting.
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/af...ote/index.html
The U.N. plan would beef up the financially strapped African Union's force of 7,000 troops, which has been unable to quell the violence there.
Back to topic !!!

And i see politics in your post
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:41 AM   #1456
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
[/I]
not ture provide offical documents from human rights council to prove they are working 12 hours with less than 10 dollar a day and living 10 in room (( I wonder why these people is fighting to work in Qatar )) if they was get 10 dollar in day ?

you will be shocked that Qatar on top of human rights if you think people stupid and they dont know any thing you are wrong and we know very well how is your country Australia is accused of violating human rights not Qatar and they not abel to join Human Rights Council till this day.

so funny we are getting a lesson in human rights of the population of the largest colony was involved in rape of civil rights to this day.

Last edited by qatarson; August 30th, 2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:50 AM   #1457
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Back to topic !!!

we always stacked at our topic and I never write any post in Australia topic but they keep posting things unrelated to world cup and writing in politics and the internal affairs of Qatar so of course we will respond to such posts.
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:50 AM   #1458
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Back to topic !!!

Right, as if it was my post and not the one I was responding to from one of your Qatari buddies which first brought on by an incoherent rant about geo-politics including that of Israel, Sudan, and American foreign policy among others.

All that in response to a point which very much has to do with the bid which has to do with the treatment and compensation of the workers who will actually the things for the ya know, World Cup venues. I wonder which is higher on the relevant meter.
Old August 30th, 2010, 03:00 AM   #1459
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Right, as if it was my post and not the one I was responding to from one of your Qatari buddies which first brought on by an incoherent rant about geo-politics including that of Israel, Sudan, and American foreign policy among others.

All that in response to a point which very much has to do with the bid which has to do with the treatment and compensation of the workers who will actually the things for the ya know, World Cup venues. I wonder which is higher on the relevant meter.
you failed to notice qatarson posted "before" the no-politics & no-race related post....

The worker treatment problems your claiming is actually their countries problem not ours, for them failing to provide enough jobs for there local populations not to mention helping them financially etc etc.

Thank god Qatar is protecting Human rights and is applying it everywhere in Qatar. we are seeing many places were even the lowest paid worker has all types of amenities, access to clean water, air conditioning due to the heat, sport facilities and soon their own dedicated shopping malls and cinemas. not to mention rooms and living conditions that meet the standards of Human rights.

so what are you on about ?
Old August 30th, 2010, 03:07 AM   #1460
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
not ture provide offical documents from human rights council to prove they are working 12 hours with less than 10 dollar a day and living 10 in room (( I wonder why these people is fighting to work in Qatar )) if they was get 10 dollar in day ? .
http://www.solidaritycenter.org/cont...?contentid=632
For a 12- to 14-hour shift, a worker earns about $120 per month. Low-wage workers frequently complain that employers pay them late or not at all, deny them overtime wages, house them in substandard living quarters with no running water, lure them with false contracts, and refuse to give back their passports at the end of their contract. An Egyptian worker said: “I want to raise my children and educate them so they do not have to suffer like me.”

Earlier this year, in preparation for the 2006 Asian Games, the capital city of Doha was a huge construction site. To meet the opening deadline, workers put in long shifts in the blazing sun. Temperatures regularly topped 100 degrees. More than 60 young Nepali workers, unused to the hot climate, died of heart attacks. Unsafe equipment resulted in more deaths and injuries. The situation is no better for domestic workers, mostly young women, who face physical, emotional, and sexual abuse at the hands of their sponsors.

Quote:
you will be shocked that Qatar on top of human rights if you think people stupid and they dont know any thing you are wrong and we know very well how is your country Australia is accused of violating human rights not Qatar and they not abel to join Human Rights Council till this day.

In your most wild nationalistic dreams.

I wonder how many more construction workers will have to die needlessly for Qatars "grand ambition" while building WC venues.

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022