daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old August 30th, 2010, 12:31 PM   #1481
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
yeah it is all from media I posted the power index which show Qatar a top and Australia at last position and this wasn't from my home it was statistics from the media.
Can you post the link to this "Power Index"?
You do know what a power index is don't you?

I hate to go into a dick measuring contest but you're either mistaken or not telling the truth.

Under the umbrella term of "Power index",Australia is a major middle power like India, Brazil (who both are steadiliy gaining more influence, will become global power), South Korea, Canada and Spain. Qatar doesn't rate.

In regards to Hard Power the Qatari Military doesn't compare to the Australian Military.
As for Soft power, Australia wouldn't have been the only Western Country not to go into recession if it wasn't for our very deep trade relations and reputation with the East Asian giants.

In the Composite index of National Capability: Australia is 28th, Qatar 92.
In the Global Competitive report: Australia is 15th, Qatar is 22nd (both have moved up from previous years).
In the Human Developement Index: Australia is 2nd, Qatar is 33rd.

According to Chinese national and professor Chin-Lung Chan
http://www.fgu.edu.tw/~academic/up1/...pers/chang.pdf
Walbanger no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #1482
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
I think you might want to change the media that you view...Because that is bull - it doesn't take into account several key factors such as the fact that many countries have had the WC recently. I seriously disagree with Australia's venue plans score as well. But I don't think any of us should take that too seriously.
I will think about this maybe I will watch the Australian media.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #1483
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Simple fact is both Qatar and Australia are growing quickly and should get the WC. But the time isn't quite now for Qatar.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #1484
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
I will think about this maybe I will watch the Australian media.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #1485
Walbanger

double post

Last edited by Walbanger; August 31st, 2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #1486
qatarson
BANNED

Walbanger I was reply on will737 post

if you want this report you can read it on

http://www.worldfootballinsider.com/Story.aspx?id=33321
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #1487
Walbanger

oops, I just read the graphic of "power index" you posted.

Sorry I assumed you were refering to credible international rakings not some subjective fluff piece that varies each issue.
The funny thing about that list is that a higher score doesn't indicate better. Under cost Qatar is 8 , USA 6 and Australia 5, all that say is Australia doens't have to spend as much to successfully host the event. What kind of category is WOW factor? I'm sure people will enjoy the sites of Australia far more than the desert and shopping malls of Qatar.
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #1488
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
Simple fact is both Qatar and Australia are growing quickly and should get the WC. But the time isn't quite now for Qatar.
well im sure both of them will host world cup some day but since they are in same bid I hope my country win the host.
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #1489
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
oops, I just read the graphic of "power index" you posted.

Sorry I assumed you were refering to credible international rakings not some subjective fluff piece that varies each issue.
The funny thing about that list is that a higher score doesn't indicate better. Under cost Qatar is 8 , USA 6 and Australia 5, all that say is Australia doens't have to spend as much to successfully host the event. What kind of category is WOW factor? I'm sure people will enjoy the sites of Australia far more than the desert and shopping malls of Qatar.
each one like his home land Australia nice place and Im sure it will host the world cup some day as i said but in current time your country is bidding with my country and im so proud of my country go along with your country and other countries even it is small country with great ambition and it has a power points can overcome the weaknesses.

good luck
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #1490
Walbanger

True, but theres a problem when your high ambition is built on the blood sweat and tears of others, thats something not to be too proud of (Australia included). Over coming weakness it good if that includes being honest in fighting social and institutionalised injustice. We can both be proud of the strong points of our nations though.

gook luck to you as well.
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #1491
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

Size plays a huge part though. I thought that the whole point of the World Cup was not for just one city to host it. As I've said before, you can fit Qatar inside Sydney, and Doha inside Hobart 10 times

Again, I wish nothing but the best of luck to Qatar and at some point in time you do have to think big and hope it happens. I know that Qatar would but on a good show.
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  
Old August 30th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #1492
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Its been known for some 4 months now that WFI was being funded by none other than guess who---

Qatar
Not only did they buy the African congress in an effort to bag CAF votes but they fund World Football Insider and have been using Australian tech companies for most of their 3d graphic designs for the bid
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old August 30th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #1493
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Not only did they buy the African congress in an effort to bag CAF votes but they fund World Football Insider and have been using Australian tech companies for most of their 3d graphic designs for the bid
I guess you talking about these news

In July, FIFA confirmed it was investigating allegations that Australian World Cup bid officials handed out jewelry and offered to cover travel costs to win votes ahead of December's votes on the destination of the 2022 World Cup finals.

Warner is a FIFA vice president and as head of CONCACAF, controls three of the 24 votes on where World Cup finals are held.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/100319879.html

The Roar: The scandal in Australia’s World Cup bid is in the detail

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/07/02...in-the-detail/

Daily News: FIFA investigating Australia, U.S.'s main opponent for 2022 World Cup bid, for ethics violations

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/wo...or_ethics.html

why do you refer to this point now ?
waqif no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2010, 12:43 AM   #1494
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post

In July, FIFA confirmed it was investigating allegations that Australian World Cup bid officials handed out jewelry and offered to cover travel costs to win votes ahead of December's votes on the destination of the 2022 World Cup finals.

Warner is a FIFA vice president and as head of CONCACAF, controls three of the 24 votes on where World Cup finals are held.

Daily News: FIFA investigating Australia, U.S.'s main opponent for 2022 World Cup bid, for ethics violations

why do you refer to this point now ?
news flash sunshine, both the Australian Govt and FIFA investigated and gave the FFA the all clear.
T74 no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:36 AM   #1495
ExSydney
Melbourne-Sydneysider

Likes (Received): 78

Quote:
Walbanger I was reply on will737 post

if you want this report you can read it on

http://www.worldfootballinsider.com/Story.aspx?id=33321
World Football Insider makes no sense.

They have done two reports.One in Feb 2010 and one in May 2010.In Feb 2010,the Australian Bid was at the height of the Stadia issues with the AFL with no solution yet to be made,but the World Football Insider places Australia 2nd behind England.Then in May 2010,the FFA solve the stadia problems with the rival codes ,but the World Football Insider marks down Australia's points due to stadia issues with rival codes?..Logic would suggest that the deal that the FFA made with the rival codes would certainly be an improvement over the position they were in back in Feb 2010.
Also,the World Football Insider marks down Australia due to Frank Lowy quoting.."We hope and pray that we might be the lucky country.."..The World Football Insider took this as a sign of lack of confidence in the Australian bid.Obviously the World Football Insider has no idea of the term "Lucky Country" and the cultural significance of that phrase here in Australia.
ExSydney no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:39 AM   #1496
ExSydney
Melbourne-Sydneysider

Likes (Received): 78

Anyway..back to Qatar 2022...Where are the remainder of the Stadia required to host a World Cup?
ExSydney no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:00 AM   #1497
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by
wotif
;62864701

FIFA has cleared FFA totally 2 months ago

The scandal being that Bin Hammann announced that Asia would not be competing for 2018 when in fact Australia still was

Again on an old point which has been totally cleared
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:32 AM   #1498
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Its an interesting route this thread is taking, my efforts of preventing the derailing of this thread has failed, i suppose it would be locked soon. Happy ?
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:44 AM   #1499
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Its an interesting route this thread is taking, my efforts of preventing the derailing of this thread has failed, i suppose it would be locked soon. Happy ?
about my self im happy we have many Australian posting in our topic and had so much fun with them during past months.
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:51 AM   #1500
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Fail, the alcohol subject has been solved, there will be alcohol served during the 2022 world cup. but drugs, prostitution etc will not be tolerated at all, if such incidents occur, there will be arrests.
I said Alcohol not prostitution or drugs as prostitution and drugs are already rampant in QATAR already Hahahahahaha
And i said that the Alcohol issue has been resolved, alcohol will be served for fans at certain areas, not to mention hotels which already serve alcohol.

And i mentioned drugs/prostitution because most people are aware that the FIFA World Cup unfortunately is not only about sport, but it has many other things and among the negative things that a FIFA World Cup brings is drugs and prostitution, this wouldn't be tolerated and you will see arrests if discovered.

moving on...
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022