daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 7th, 2010, 03:29 AM   #1541
pathfinder_2010

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
First world cup in the Middle east region, First world cup in the Arab World, First world cup that takes place in an Islamic country.....
yea.. a joint UAE-Qatar-Bahrain bid would have made more sense and it would have been excellent no doubt. If a world cup is being hosted for the first time in an islamic nation like you say, then why not include the power houses like UAE and Bahrain along with Qatar. Not saying Qatar is not a powerhouse.
pathfinder_2010 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2010, 03:37 AM   #1542
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinder_2010 View Post
yea.. a joint UAE-Qatar-Bahrain bid would have made more sense and it would have been excellent no doubt. If a world cup is being hosted for the first time in an islamic nation like you say, then why not include the power houses like UAE and Bahrain along with Qatar. Not saying Qatar is not a powerhouse.

Totally agree Supereagles
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 7th, 2010, 03:45 AM   #1543
_X_

Quote:
First world cup in the Middle east region, First world cup in the Arab World, First world cup that takes place in an Islamic country.....
first major event of any kind.
Thats the crucial point
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 7th, 2010, 03:48 AM   #1544
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
first major event of any kind.
Thats the crucial point
Oh com on, Asian Games and Asian Cup is major enough....
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old September 7th, 2010, 03:57 AM   #1545
_X_

Quote:
Oh com on, Asian Games and Asian Cup is major enough....
No its not.Its far from being enough.This is the WORLDS BIGGEST EVENT.You can't make such a quantum leap from much ,much smaller local events
Qatar are the only country out of the 9 bids that hasn't hosted an Olympics as a dress rehearsal.Some countries like Australia have proved themselves twice or in Americas case even more
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:33 AM   #1546
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
I feel sorry for you guys that you're left clinging to the hope of winning the damn thing when realistically you can't have a hope.
_X_ well i dont see what in previous 78 pages is just ( only hope ) or wasn't you guys here long months writing in this topic.

Qatar candidate strongly and can keep you away as it did in the Asian Cup bid so you should take all the possibilities to be realistic.

within a few days FIFA members will be watching stadium with cooling technology on ground away from the dreams and hopes.

Last edited by qatarson; September 7th, 2010 at 05:44 AM.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:55 AM   #1547
MCR_17

nice stadiums ;D

MCR_17 no está en línea  
Old September 7th, 2010, 06:08 AM   #1548
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

What I still don't understand is where the hell are the rest of the stadiums? Qatar hasn't just expressed interest in bidding, they've actually bid. Other countries have already hosted the traveling delegation as part of their bid and bid books were handed in long ago, meanwhile Qatar still only has five proposed stadiums. That's absolutely ridiculous. We're three months away from a vote and they have half of their stadiums put forth. If FIFA had any integrity, they would require a more comprehensive bid book and would have ousted Qatar's bid by now for having just five stadiums, but integrity and transparency has never been FIFA's game.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #1549
Fyturis

Likes (Received): 1170

England = 2018

Australia = 2022

United States = 2026

China/Europe = 2030

I used to be crustacean, In an underwater nation

And I surf in celebration, Of a billion adaptations
Fyturis no está en línea  
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:34 AM   #1550
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyturis View Post
England = 2018

Australia = 2022

United States = 2026

China/Europe = 2030
China will automatic get FIFA world cup 2026
crazyalex no está en línea  
Old September 7th, 2010, 10:02 AM   #1551
RobH

Likes (Received): 10325

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebreadraz View Post
What I still don't understand is where the hell are the rest of the stadiums? Qatar hasn't just expressed interest in bidding, they've actually bid. Other countries have already hosted the traveling delegation as part of their bid and bid books were handed in long ago, meanwhile Qatar still only has five proposed stadiums. That's absolutely ridiculous. We're three months away from a vote and they have half of their stadiums put forth. If FIFA had any integrity, they would require a more comprehensive bid book and would have ousted Qatar's bid by now for having just five stadiums, but integrity and transparency has never been FIFA's game.
I suspect fifa has the details already but Qatar is drip feeding the public. I couldn't see them getting away with a half completed venue plan in their bid book.
RobH no está en línea  
Old September 7th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #1552
ryebreadraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
I suspect fifa has the details already but Qatar is drip feeding the public. I couldn't see them getting away with a half completed venue plan in their bid book.
Every single report, even from those who have seen the bid book, says that it states a plan for 12 stadiums, but only has specific plans for five of them. It mentions building new ones, but does not have plans as to timelines, renderings, specifications or anything of the sort, just that they will be built. Sp we've got five stadiums, admittedly very nice ones, and seven that we'll have to take your word for. Only with FIFA could something like that pass.
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #1553
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Every single report, even from those who have seen the bid book, says that it states a plan for 12 stadiums, but only has specific plans for five of them. It mentions building new ones, but does not have plans as to timelines, renderings, specifications or anything of the sort, just that they will be built. Sp we've got five stadiums, admittedly very nice ones, and seven that we'll have to take your word for. Only with FIFA could something like that pass.
Dude, i will repeat again, FIFA has the full bid book with everything in it including all 12 stadium plans etc etc. you and everyone else however (general public) don't really need to see the entire plan, so we were given just 5 of the planned stadiums just as an advert, to grab attention to the bid. (Expect Amazing ?).
As i said before, expect more details starting next week due to the FIFA inspection and a symposium to be held etc etc.
Old September 7th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #1554
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

A nice program i just came across, gives you different local point of views weather about the US troops presence in Qatar or even the 2022 bid !

The Arab street- Doha

Part 1

Part 2
Old September 7th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #1555
Alemanniafan

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Renders are often basically not really more than future stadium advertisments.
For a bid they are not of much relevance since stadium designs often change during the planning or consruction process.
What really matters are the definite plans, the locations, legal and bureaurcratic issues, financial issues, infrastructure etc. etc. etc.
The stadium designs or renders are merely neat cosmetics to polish up a presentation or bid.
We all and the general public usually love to see them, but the Fifa would indeed be pretty stupid to rely on stadium renders or to base their decisions on some nice little photoshop paintjobs which have no legal or formal relevance at all.
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:40 AM   #1556
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemanniafan View Post
For a bid they are not of much relevance since stadium designs often change during the planning or consruction process.
What really matters are the definite plans, the locations, legal and bureaurcratic issues, financial issues, infrastructure etc. etc. etc.
The stadium designs or renders are merely neat cosmetics to polish up a presentation or bid.
We all and the general public usually love to see them, but the Fifa would indeed be pretty stupid to rely on stadium renders or to base their decisions on some nice little photoshop paintjobs which have no legal or formal relevance at all.
Having said that the Qatari's obviously thought the less they release,the less that could be scrutinised.
Its quite obvious the other 7 stadiums are also in Doha
This is absolutely overkill/unsustainable/waste for this tiny permanent population of 200,000 in Doha city and its suburbs to have 12 WC venues
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:52 AM   #1557
ryebreadraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemanniafan View Post
Renders can be helpful when accompanied by other information. It's why I mentioned it along with the designs and specifications. Frankly, I still question how legitimate Qatar's bid is. They're still without concrete stadium plans, cannot properly spread the stadiums out and their rules on alcohol would take away my favorite parts of the event, and I'm not even a heavy drinker. The outdoor celebrations and parties, even for those who are no drinking, make for the best ways to meet and have fun with people from around the world. When that freedom to move about is restricted because something like alcohol can only be had in designated areas, it dampens the entire event.

I plan on attending the World Cup wherever the 2018 and 2022 events are hosted, except if Qatar gets it because it would be without the best aspects of the event. If a super-majority Muslim country is to host the World Cup, I'd like to see Turkey do so. I think the designation of Arab world is ridiculous and it's the equivalent of a wealthy Central American country crying foul that the have not hosted. A joint bid may work in the area, but that is it and having someplace like Turkey host would allow all those in the Arab world who wish to travel and enjoy the event to do so rather easily.
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:25 AM   #1558
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
alcohol would take away my favorite parts of the event, and I'm not even a heavy drinker. The outdoor celebrations and parties, even for those who are no drinking, make for the best ways to meet and have fun with people from around the world. When that freedom to move about is restricted because something like alcohol can only be had in designated areas, it dampens the entire event.
Qatar allow alcohol since long years ago so there no problem but every country has it is rules & laws exactly as some bidding countries have restrictions like belgium smoking law in public places, even some American states have tough laws against alcohol more than qatar.

Quote:
If a super-majority Muslim country is to host the World Cup, I'd like to see Turkey do so. I think the designation of Arab world is ridiculous and it's the equivalent of a wealthy Central American country crying foul that the have not hosted.
well Arab world or middle east has right to host any event.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:32 AM   #1559
ryebreadraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
well Arab world or middle east has right to host any event.
Doesn't Central American then? How about the Caribbean? Saharan Africa hasn't hosted! Neither has Oceania! What about Southern Asia!

Nobody has the right to host and when you cannot fulfill the minimums of a bid, such as finding nine cities, not suburbs, capable of hosting then you shouldn't host. If Jamaica could find the money to host, should they host? Doesn't the Caribbean have the right?!? Of course not so then why should Qatar. As part of a joint bid it could work. On its own, it shouldn't even still be in the race.
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:50 AM   #1560
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Quote:
The Arab street- Doha

Part 1
[YOUTUBE]yU7zU0E6RfE?fs[/YOUTUBE

Part 2
[YOUTUBE]58wOtGofdbE?fs[/YOUTUBE
Nothing to do with the bid but interesting videos. Thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022