daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 8th, 2010, 02:51 AM   #1561
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebreadraz View Post
Doesn't Central American then? How about the Caribbean? Saharan Africa hasn't hosted! Neither has Oceania! What about Southern Asia!

Nobody has the right to host and when you cannot fulfill the minimums of a bid, such as finding nine cities, not suburbs, capable of hosting then you shouldn't host. If Jamaica could find the money to host, should they host? Doesn't the Caribbean have the right?!? Of course not so then why should Qatar. As part of a joint bid it could work. On its own, it shouldn't even still be in the race.
yes they have the right to bid to any FIFA events and we will support them as we supported south africa to host 2010.

Quote:
Nobody has the right to host and when you cannot fulfill the minimums of a bid.
only members of FIFA who decides.

Quote:
why should Qatar. As part of a joint bid it could work. On its own, it shouldn't even still be in the race.
well bring the approval of any other party and I think Qatar federation will be welcomed by.

but at this moment we are in race and i will not go in count the votes in Qatar side becouse it is much than we expected.
qatarson no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #1562
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Doesn't Central American then? How about the Caribbean? Saharan Africa hasn't hosted! Neither has Oceania! What about Southern Asia!

Nobody has the right to host and when you cannot fulfill the minimums of a bid, such as finding nine cities, not suburbs, capable of hosting then you shouldn't host. If Jamaica could find the money to host, should they host? Doesn't the Caribbean have the right?!? Of course not so then why should Qatar. As part of a joint bid it could work. On its own, it shouldn't even still be in the race.

Joint Western Samoa/American Samoa bid ftw

Turkey,Egypt,Morocco or a joint Qatar/UAE/Bahrain/Oman keep adding countries till you have 10 cities to technically comply bid- would all work in the future.
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #1563
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post

Joint Western Samoa/American Samoa bid ftw

Turkey,Egypt,Morocco or a joint Qatar/UAE/Bahrain/Oman keep adding countries till you have 10 cities to technically comply bid- would all work in the future.
No need for Oman, Its way too under developed in comparison to the rest of the Gulf region. Get Qatar-UAE-Bahrain and you will have 9 Emirates with 10 cities. which i see is good for the World Cup, add one more stadium (in 2 cities) and you will have 12 stadiums, perfect..

So
Qatar: Doha (2 Stadia)
Bahrain: Manama
UAE: Abudhabi (2 Stadia), Alain, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm AlQouen, Ras AlKhaima & Fujairah.

Then again, i am not sure if 3 countries would be allowed to co-host let alone getting into the world cup without qualification...

Any ways this thread is supposed to be about the Qatar 2022 bid, and only that.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:41 AM   #1564
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
No need for Oman, Its way too under developed in comparison to the rest of the Gulf region. Get Qatar-UAE-Bahrain and you will have 9 Emirates with 10 cities. which i see is good for the World Cup, add one more stadium (in 2 cities) and you will have 12 stadiums, perfect..

So
UAE: Abudhabi (2 Stadia), Alain, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm AlQouen, Ras AlKhaima & Fujairah.

Then again, i am not sure if 3 countries would be allowed to co-host let alone getting into the world cup without qualification...

agree - a triple bid is one too many - lose Bahrain
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #1565
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

^
Loose Qatar.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 9th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #1566
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
^
Loose Qatar.
Can we go back to bid discussion please ?
Old September 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #1567
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post

So

I see it as a far better technically compliant bid.
The main point is that you only have 1 organising committee between two or even three nations
Bennelux covers Luxembourg but there is no expectation for them to either host or get direct entry
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 9th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #1568
RobH

Likes (Received): 10337

As I understand it the Luxembourgian part of the bid is only for the venue where the draw will take place, no stadium there.
RobH no está en línea  
Old September 9th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #1569
woozoo

Likes (Received): 188

The main problem I see with Qatar's bid is the size, or lack there of. I just don't see how the country could cope with the massive influx of visitors over the trounament. Even with massive investment I cant see the infrastructure comfortably coping with what would basically be a doubling of the population over night.
A joint bid with UAE would certainly ease the strain and is far more realistic.

That still leaves a number of white elephant stadiums and would mean two very weak teams as hosts of the world cup, but at least the tournament would be plausible logistically.
woozoo no está en línea  
Old September 9th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #1570
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozoo View Post
The main problem I see with Qatar's bid is the size, or lack there of. I just don't see how the country could cope with the massive influx of visitors over the trounament. Even with massive investment I cant see the infrastructure comfortably coping with what would basically be a doubling of the population over night.
A joint bid with UAE would certainly ease the strain and is far more realistic.

That still leaves a number of white elephant stadiums and would mean two very weak teams as hosts of the world cup, but at least the tournament would be plausible logistically.
If so, how does Makkah city (Mecca) in Saudi Arabia, with a local population of 1.7 million, in a mountainous area, with no airport serving the city, except for Jeddah which is 63Km away, No metro services till now (might start next year). Could cope with 3 million visitors at a time (yes, at a time) so the total visitors to the city over the period of the Holy month of Ramadan which happens to end tomorrow is around 10 Million moving in and out of the city not to mention from the hotels/accommodation to the Mosque more than 5 times a day. This scenario also repeats during Hajj season when 3.5 million preform pilgrimage at various areas of the city.

If such a system is possible for a city like Makkah, which is not in anyway developed like the big gulf cities of Doha, Dubai etc. Why wouldn't it be possible for Qatar to cater for just 1-1.5 million visitors for a month ??? when Makkah supports 10 million visitors ??? and 45,000 up to 86,000 at one point in a stadium when Makkah could handle 3 million at one time in a mosque 24hours a day ??! Seriously I think Qatar is being underestimated.

Atleast Qatar has an Airport close to most of the stadiums and accommodation not to mention seaport, nation-wide metro by 2017 etc.
Old September 9th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #1571
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

You just compared the pilgrimage with the WC...seriously?
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 9th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #1572
RobH

Likes (Received): 10337

Mecca barely copes with those numbers and the only times I've been aware of the pilgrimage happening are the - sadly too frequent - years in which overcrowsing leads to stampedes and deaths. Really, that's not a reassuring comparison.
RobH no está en línea  
Old September 9th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #1573
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

And many of those pilgrims are set up in "tent cities" I have read. Tent cities will not reassure FIFA.
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:49 AM   #1574
Archbishop

Likes (Received): 145

The World Cup is nothing like the Hajj. Stupid comparison.
Archbishop no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:45 AM   #1575
_X_

There is talk that Bin Hamman has bought Marudi of Thailand

I wrote it off at first,but now I'm quite alarmed
So far he's bought CAF(4 votes),Blatter,Marudi and is working ever so hard on Thompson

Absolute sham
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:46 AM   #1576
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

I can't believe he just said Doha was a big gulf city.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:56 AM   #1577
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
I can't believe he just said Doha was a big gulf city.
Its not ,in the eyes of most of the world
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:59 AM   #1578
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archbishop View Post
The World Cup is nothing like the Hajj. Stupid comparison.
sure no comparison Hajj is larger event in very small city
Dubai & Doha has over 50 millions of visitors yearly (Dubai Airport become most traffic in world and Qatar new Airport will be the next within 2 years)
Singapore small country can handel millions of visitors
Hong Kong is 1000 KM can handel millions of visitors

there many great examples in the world becouse these cities isnt normal cities it is landmark in this world.

check top Airlines in world you will find Dubai (Emarities Airline) & Doha (Qatar Airways) within the list of the world top Airlines because these cities very active destinations.
Old September 10th, 2010, 04:04 AM   #1579
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
There is talk that Bin Hamman has bought Marudi of Thailand

I wrote it off at first,but now I'm quite alarmed
So far he's bought CAF(4 votes),Blatter,Marudi and is working ever so hard on Thompson

Absolute sham
dont tell me he bought jewelry for FIFA members wifes.

and byway we told you guys long month ago it is not 4 votes !! it is 8 votes till this moment and we already posted these news long times ago
it is not the fifa members only even their goverment & citizens I donno what Bin Hamam bought for these citizens wifes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post

Lula pledges Brazil's support to Qatar 2022 World Cup bid
Saturday, 15 May 2010

May 15 - Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (pictured) today pledged his country's support to Qatar's bid to host the 2022 World Cup.

Lula, recently ranked as one of the most influential leaders in the world by Time magazine, offered his backing to the bid during a visit to Doha, where he signed a number of agreements with Qatar's Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani.

The bilateral agreements included one on cooperation in sports between the Governments of both countries, a major boost to Qatar as Brazil is set to host the World Cup in 2014 and the Olympics and Paralympics in 2016.

Lula then publicly showed his support for Qatar's bid when he addressed the Qatari-Brazilian Business Forum at Doha's Four Seasons Hotel.

He told an audience, which included Qatar's Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jabor al-Thani: "There could be cultural and other differences but our common passion for soccer unites us and we are only too happy to announce Brazil’s support to Qatar in its earnest bid for hosting 2022 FIFA World Cup."
we since long month talk about PR ..... guys PR and you are in heavy sleep
how South Africa lost against Germany in 2006 bid !!

todays 72 countries in world Import gas from Qatar
todays major economies needs giant projects in Qatar

these countries need Qatar to host the World Cup in order to benefit their economies and their citizens.

what will get Brazil from Australia for example ! nothing they dont have fifa seat and they didnt voted for Brazil 2014 as Qatar member did
but with Qatar they knows very well that their companies will have huge contracts & they return the favor of Qatar vote this is the public relations.

you want some thing we was avoid talking about ! 4 Asian bid was great gift Qatar get from Asia & Australia

Last edited by qatarson; September 10th, 2010 at 04:34 AM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 05:09 AM   #1580
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

I think everyone is just jealous/scared of a Qatar Bid. Everyone knows if Qatar had the population Australia would be getting their ass kicked. They are scared cuz the new cooling technology is actually a great idea.
Trelawny no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022