daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 10th, 2010, 05:21 AM   #1581
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

Trelawny, you've already proved yourself brain dead on numerous occasions. Back so soon?

I for one am not jealous in the slightest. Qatar has a heat problem, they're creating stadiums to overcome that hurdle. Good on them. Do we really need air-conditioned stadiums here? Err, no.
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2010, 06:01 AM   #1582
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Trelawny, you've already proved yourself brain dead on numerous occasions. Back so soon?

I for one am not jealous in the slightest. Qatar has a heat problem, they're creating stadiums to overcome that hurdle. Good on them. Do we really need air-conditioned stadiums here? Err, no.
Laugh now cry later, by 2022, global warming would have the kangaroos roasting. Then who will be wishing they built cooling stadiums.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:58 AM   #1583
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
dont tell me he bought jewelry for FIFA members wifes.

and byway we told you guys long month ago it is not 4 votes !! it is 8 votes till this moment and we already posted these news long times ago
it is not the fifa members only even their goverment & citizens I donno what Bin Hamam bought for these citizens wifes.

we since long month talk about PR ..... guys PR and you are in heavy sleep
how South Africa lost against Germany in 2006 bid !!

todays 72 countries in world Import gas from Qatar
todays major economies needs giant projects in Qatar

these countries need Qatar to host the World Cup in order to benefit their economies and their citizens.

what will get Brazil from Australia for example ! nothing they dont have fifa seat and they didnt voted for Brazil 2014 as Qatar member did
but with Qatar they knows very well that their companies will have huge contracts & they return the favor of Qatar vote this is the public relations.

you want some thing we was avoid talking about ! 4 Asian bid was great gift Qatar get from Asia & Australia
Who are the 8 votes ?
Nigeria
Egypt
Cameroon
Ivory Coast
Thailand
Switzerland

Conmebol will vote USA
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:11 AM   #1584
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
sure no comparison Hajj is larger event in very small city
Dubai & Doha has over 50 millions of visitors yearly (Dubai Airport become most traffic in world and Qatar new Airport will be the next within 2 years)
Singapore small country can handel millions of visitors
Hong Kong is 1000 KM can handel millions of visitors

there many great examples in the world becouse these cities isnt normal cities it is landmark in this world.

check top Airlines in world you will find Dubai (Emarities Airline) & Doha (Qatar Airways) within the list of the world top Airlines because these cities very active destinations.

1 France Europe 74.2 million
2 United States North America 54.9 million
3 Spain Europe 52.2 million
4 China Asia 50.9 million
5 Italy Europe 43.2 million

These are the worlds top 5 most visited countries - where are the UAE & Qatar.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:26 AM   #1585
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

I always wondered if in those European numbers if travelers from fellow EU states were counted or just oversees numbers. I am assuming that they include numbers from within the UE too.
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:38 AM   #1586
White_soX

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Dubai & Doha has over 50 millions of visitors yearly (Dubai Airport become most traffic in world and Qatar new Airport will be the next within 2 years)

check top Airlines in world you will find Dubai (Emarities Airline) & Doha (Qatar Airways) within the list of the world top Airlines because these cities very active destinations.
DOH airport will not be the busiest in the world in 2 years...simply impossible. Even UAE which is far bigger than Qatar only rank in 15th, hence its not the busiest in the world as you claimed. Out of the top 30 tourist arrival in the world, Qatar n UAE didnt even make it into that list lol how the heck they handle 50 millions visitors yearly????
White_soX no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #1587
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1107

^ Because they are travel hubs like Atlanta, not the desination.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #1588
White_soX

yeah that my point airport as a hub, not pax final destination. doubt qatar can handle the inflate number of arrivals at a time. btw doha only handle 15mil pax compare to their neighbor dubai at 40mil.
White_soX no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #1589
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Personally I think you can only count international visitors if they actually leave the airport
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #1590
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Who are the 8 votes ?
Nigeria
Egypt
Cameroon
Ivory Coast
Thailand
Switzerland

Conmebol will vote USA
+
Brasil
Turkey

8 without Qatar vote which becomes ( 9 votes )

I will not mention about our our strong ally France and the possibility of exchange votes between Qatar and England.

there is also a secrecy on convention between Qatar and Paraguay in 18 August 2010.

Dont forget there 3 votes (Japan, Korea, USA) will go for it is countries

so we are talking about 12 votes (include France, England, Paraguay)

12 votes will divided on Australia(?), Japan(with 1 vote already), Korea(with 1 vote already), USA(with 1 vote already), Qatar(with 9 votes already).
qatarson no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #1591
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_soX View Post
DOH airport will not be the busiest in the world in 2 years...simply impossible. Even UAE which is far bigger than Qatar only rank in 15th, hence its not the busiest in the world as you claimed. Out of the top 30 tourist arrival in the world, Qatar n UAE didnt even make it into that list lol how the heck they handle 50 millions visitors yearly????
you are right but these old stats Dubai Airport now become most traffic Airport in world and not this Dubai now building the largest Airport in world (Al Maktoum Airport) and have Largest tower and Largest Malls and Largest Entertainment city and largest shopping destination + they own of largest ports around the world and manage the shipping traffic.

and dont be shocked the reports talkin about (150 Millions passengers yearly) when Al Maktoum fully built-out and operational.

what they are planing for ?

Last edited by qatarson; September 10th, 2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #1592
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
I think everyone is just jealous/scared of a Qatar Bid. Everyone knows if Qatar had the population Australia would be getting their ass kicked. They are scared cuz the new cooling technology is actually a great idea.
lol not jealous of Qatar only I think there who is also jealous of Dubai too

many people around the world didnt know this information ( Qatar & Dubai was one country in 60's )
but Dubai joind UAE in 70's.
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #1593
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

You're delusional, but that just makes it fun to watch. I do enjoy me a good train crash.
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #1594
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
You're delusional, but that just makes it fun to watch. I do enjoy me a good train crash.
you are welcome any time to enjoy watching.
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #1595
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9699

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
I always wondered if in those European numbers if travelers from fellow EU states were counted or just oversees numbers. I am assuming that they include numbers from within the UE too.
As far I know, the EU members are sovereign Nations... So, Brit or German visitors in France for example, are counted as international visitors (which they are actually), as simple as that !

But indeed, 90% of international visitors in France come from European countries (EU or not), 50% of them come from the UK, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands, the first non-European visitors in France are from the US (approx. 1,5 million per year).
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #1596
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
As far I know, the EU members are sovereign Nations... So, Brit or German visitors in France for example, are counted as international visitors (which they are actually), as simple as that !

But indeed, 90% of international visitors in France come from European countries (EU or not), 50% of them come from the UK, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands, the first non-European visitors in France are from the US (approx. 1,5 million per year).
first time I agree with what parcdesprinces wrote
Old September 10th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #1597
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

^
It was hardly something to argue with.

As Dime said, you are delusional - give me substantial proof all those countries'll vote for you.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #1598
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
^
It was hardly something to argue with.

As Dime said, you are delusional - give me substantial proof all those countries'll vote for you.
leave me living my delusional while you living your reality which mention every where in media and news that everyone backing your bid even Bin Hamam & Blatter.

Quote:

Lula pledges Brazil's support to Qatar 2022 World Cup bid
Saturday, 15 May 2010

May 15 - Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (pictured) today pledged his country's support to Qatar's bid to host the 2022 World Cup.

Lula, recently ranked as one of the most influential leaders in the world by Time magazine, offered his backing to the bid during a visit to Doha, where he signed a number of agreements with Qatar's Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani.

The bilateral agreements included one on cooperation in sports between the Governments of both countries, a major boost to Qatar as Brazil is set to host the World Cup in 2014 and the Olympics and Paralympics in 2016.

Lula then publicly showed his support for Qatar's bid when he addressed the Qatari-Brazilian Business Forum at Doha's Four Seasons Hotel.

He told an audience, which included Qatar's Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jabor al-Thani: "There could be cultural and other differences but our common passion for soccer unites us and we are only too happy to announce Brazil’s support to Qatar in its earnest bid for hosting 2022 FIFA World Cup."

CAF & Egypt
http://www.al-sharq.com/articles/more.php?id=208373

AFC president backs Qatari World Cup bid
http://fourfourtwo.com/news/restofth...4/default.aspx

Last edited by qatarson; September 10th, 2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #1599
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
no need after your post and leave me living my delusional while you living your reality which mention every where in media and news that everyone backing your bid even Bin Hamam & Blatter.
We don't expect Blatters vote,its common knowledge that a dirty deal has been done with Bin Sulo.
Very interesting to see who you think you may have,might makes things close if your bid is in fact deemed legal which it obviously isn't.
Just think,another 9 cities and you would be

Btw,how long have Qatar had such a deep military relationship with Iran and why does Qatar support their Nuclear program??
TIA
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #1600
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
We don't expect Blatters vote,its common knowledge that a dirty deal has been done with Bin Sulo.
Very interesting to see who you think you may have,might makes things close if your bid is in fact deemed legal which it obviously isn't.
Just think,another 9 cities and you would be

Btw,how long have Qatar had such a deep military relationship with Iran and why does Qatar support their Nuclear program??
TIA
_X_ by the way you have great general knowledge and one of the few of these guys who i enjoyed to answer their questions.

Quote:
yes I agree international federations is bad and we suffered from a dirty game by USA in the 2016 Olympics bid and at end they lost after us and we was in Brasil side but we already learned the lesson and we are now using our PR.

Quote:
TIA
it is politic question but because it is great question and very important I will answer it because will give a clear picture about the importance of public relations for a small country such as Qatar not in sport but in any other field.

here we go..

we have strong realtionship with Iran since king of Iran (1941-1979) the first person start Nuclear program with western support because the king was ally to the west include USA but after 1979 after revolution against the king supported by (France) Khomeini became the ruler and turned against the west include (France). Qatar maintained relations with Iran and was the only Arab country did this. At this time in 80's Iran was suffering from a boycott by the West and can not buy American weapons so they asked their Qataris friends to sell them stinger missiles (American missiles Anti-aircraft) and the Qataris did this when Americans heard that they put Qatar on boycott so they even cant have any American technology or weapons and that continued since 80's till 90 the year Iraq invaded Kuwait at that time Qatari government was also angry of american and exchange boycott with them and during the Gulf war 1990 the American asked to use the Qatari Airbase as they did with other Gulf countries but Qataris denied so Saudi goverment proposal to let Canadian Air Force to use the Airbase and that what happen. on 29 January 1991 Iraq did something dangerous and invade Saudi city called Khafji (Khafji Battle) it was very importan city for saudi because contain oil and also the gate to invade Saudi after invaded Kuwait and the city was under protection of Saudi Arabia and the U.S army but they lost the city and Iraqis captured some American soldiers by luck was the second-line is the Qatari Army & some Saudi troops they attacked Iraqis and freed American soliders and this makes the relations back to normal again between Qatar and the United States and later Qatar allowed USA to have largest American base in the world outside the American boarders and they become very strong allies at same time Qatar has maintained its relations with Iran even went so far even with their enemies for example Israel & Iraq during Saddam days and these public realtions not only for benefit Qatar but it is allow Qataris to have free wide movement and become sponsor of reconciliation between the conflicting parties in the world for example (Israel-Arabs) , Yemen Parties, Somalia , Lebanon parties, Mauritania, Darfour, Eritrea and many places around world and has become trusted for many countries and todays when things get bad between the West and Iran Qatar play the role of mediation.

Last edited by qatarson; September 10th, 2010 at 03:46 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022