daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 11th, 2010, 06:47 AM   #1621
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

^
I agree, North Africa is mainly Arab but, you said Middle East.
Solopop no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2010, 06:55 AM   #1622
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
With the pilgrims being a one-way moving pack, travelling across Mecca for thirty days seeking entertainment, the overcrowding regularly resulting in stampedes and deaths and worshippers being accommodated in tents; why not?
This comment shows that the person does not know the difference between the Hajj and Ramadan

Hajj is yearly event happen once in time and for less than (1 week) and people must stay in tents away from luxury life or hotels or any thing else.

Omra is visiting Mecca to pray and can happen in any day during the year and you can life normaly and stay in hotels even the luxury hotel and use any kind of transport becouse Omra doesnt have restrictions on living way.

Ramadan is (30 days) muslims fasting and peope like visit Mecca during Ramadan becouse it is holy days for them so normall more than 10 millions visit Mecca every Ramadan and it is normal thing to see 3 millions pray in Mecca square during all day time.

all visitors stays in hotels and so nobody using tents in mecca during all the year it is only in Hajj days.

Last edited by qatarson; September 11th, 2010 at 07:02 AM.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:06 AM   #1623
NavyBlue
Under Construction

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebreadraz View Post
There are 24 votes and this being FIFA, you can say pretty safely that 23 of them will be bribed. The only vote that won't be bribed will be for the guy who abstains and he will have actually been bribed to abstain, but since he didn't vote it doesn't technically count as a bribed vote.
Quote of the day...
NavyBlue no está en línea  
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:18 AM   #1624
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
AU is hearing they have about 11
hearing is different from the statements on media and agreements between countries.

when president of major country in football says on media and declare that they will support Qatar bid file here you notice that did not happen for the rest bids.

When AFC president declare he will vote to Qatar (his country) this affects other votes undoubtedly and progress for Qatar on the rest of bids.
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:26 AM   #1625
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
^
I agree, North Africa is mainly Arab but, you said Middle East.
check post 1635, I said ARAB WORLD which includes North Africa.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:26 AM   #1626
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
hearing is different from the statements on media and agreements between countries.

when president of major country in football says on media and declare that they will support Qatar bid file here you notice that did not happen for the rest bids.

When AFC president declare he will vote to Qatar (his country) this affects other votes undoubtedly and progress for Qatar on the rest of bids.
of course the AFC pres will vote for Qatar, but what is to stop the rest from making multiple deals as they have done in the past?

you seem to think everyone else is being lied to, yet Qatar will have any comment/promise made to it honored

if FIFA delegates have shown anything in their past it is that they are rarely men of honor
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:34 AM   #1627
Solopop
Solopop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
check post 1635, I said ARAB WORLD which includes North Africa.
I'm not even going to try with you. You're being so ignorant.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:36 AM   #1628
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post

Okay so you think that Qatar have 9 based on assumptions and deals and articles and you instantly deny Australia has 12?
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:45 AM   #1629
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
of course the AFC pres will vote for Qatar, but what is to stop the rest from making multiple deals as they have done in the past?

you seem to think everyone else is being lied to, yet Qatar will have any comment/promise made to it honored

if FIFA delegates have shown anything in their past it is that they are rarely men of honor
yes I agree and as you said they have fully history of such acts and If not conscious how things working in FIFA you will never get even on a vote.
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #1630
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
Okay so you think that Qatar have 9 based on assumptions and deals and articles and you instantly deny Australia has 12?
12 ? it was a minutes ago 11 im not deny any vote going to Australia i just want to reference it as we do here with various sources that we get and we provide you.

you knew Australia dont have seat in FIFA and new member in AFC so we need to explain how Australia has 12 votes.
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:52 AM   #1631
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
Show me proofs of the 12 so called guaranteed votes, i looked for the Australian thread and I couldn't even find it...
Old September 11th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #1632
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

And Qatar gets ready ahead of the FIFA Inspection team visit

Old September 11th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #1633
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Show me proofs of the 12 so called guaranteed votes, i looked for the Australian thread and I couldn't even find it...
it was reported in the oz press around the time of the WC - tried a look using google with luck (sorry mate)

TBH I would never have posted that here at the time anyway because I find all these comments about "we have xx" votes pretty much BS (not from the posters or the bids, but from the FIFA people making the comments to the bid teams). Even if the report is genuine, its still too far out from the vote, and as we have discussed, FIFA boys do like to lie.

off memory though, the votes were coming primarily from the EUFA bloc - which is funny because I've also read reports that USA is also getting votes primarily from the UEFA bloc. as I said, a lot of BS is being said by FIFA boys

still reckon the winner will be USA, but it may turn depending upon who the last two are. Australia and Qatar will cost each other votes (esp in Asia), and I can only see one of them winning if the votes the "third" country gets primarily go to the other - any leakage will hurt both badly IMO
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #1634
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Of the 47 AFC countries the population is expected to be 4.688 billion in 2022.Of that the West Asian Football Federation accounts for 214 million or 5.15%
The rest are ideal for Australian broadcasts in Primetime and FIFAs sponsors will be rubbing their hands together
An Australian world cup will turbocharge growth in all of Asia and we'll see the alltime global cumulative audience absolutely smashed.Meanwhile a WC in Qatar will see the government bringing in 100,000 people because no one will attend
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 11th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #1635
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Of the 47 AFC countries the population is expected to be 4.688 billion in 2022.Of that the West Asian Football Federation accounts for 214 million or 5.15%
The rest are ideal for Australian broadcasts in Primetime and FIFAs sponsors will be rubbing their hands together
An Australian world cup will turbocharge growth in all of Asia and we'll see the alltime global cumulative audience absolutely smashed.Meanwhile a WC in Qatar will see the government bringing in 100,000 people because no one will attend
Good, now find the Australian bid thread and post it in there.

At least Asia has already hosted the world cup before, and in 2 countries, while The Arab world did not.

the 100,000 youth thing is just a side back up plan. we expect a bare minimum of 700,000.
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #1636
woozoo

Likes (Received): 185

Umm... the Arab world is part of Asia and Africa, which have both hosted the world cup. Oceania hasn't.
Neither region really has a strong claim to host the event... I mean, Asia makes up almost two thirds of the world population, and Africa has been producing a host of football stars over the years... what can the Middle East or Oceania claim???
Thats not saying the Arab world doesn't deserve to host the event. I certainly think it does some day, but the problem again comes back to whether Qatar can logistically host it. Your comparison with the Hajj was funny. I did say host so many visitors comfortably. The Hajj is, by purpose, anything but comfortable. Besides, its taken this long, after so many of the the anual event, for the Saudis to finally put in the infrastructure and policies to host so many people, in tents. Qatar won't have a dry run and the event will be a one off. What is the point of putting in the infrastructure for such a huge event (if it is at all possible) when it will never again be repeated??

Quite frankly, the bid is a joke, and as an Australian I find it extremely frustrating.Qatar won't host the cup. Blatter won't embaress himself or discredit FIFA's only really sellable product by giving it to a country with no football history, a minnow football team, and that would build billions of dollars of white elephant infrastructure to host a second class event.
Football fans around the world wouldn't buy it and Blatter knows this.

The annoying thing is, given the votes go the way you say, that Hammam is basically giving the 2022 world cup to USA. All the votes Qatar is buying will come to nothing, as they will never reach the required 13, so USA ends up winning and the AFC misses out. The FIFA delegates know this and are more than happy to take what they can get from Qatar in the safe knowledge that the bid is already decided.

Im hoping that some of the vote predictions are wrong, and that Australia scrapes through to face USA, but im not holding my breath. Still, lets see what Lowy can do...
woozoo no está en línea  
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #1637
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Ahaa, but you didn't think, what happens if Qatar does somehow manage to secure enough votes for the World Cup and gets it...

The bid seems to have got CAF voting for it, in addition to the AFC president. Thats 5 votes. add Switzerland & Thailand according to "_X_" we will have 7. Then again Brazil did say they are supporting Qatar's bid, so we could say 8. Even Turkey is a very very likely vote, so we could safely say 9.

Last edited by Qatar Son 333; September 11th, 2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #1638
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Then it would probably be ****ed up and someone else would have to step in to host it at the last minute. I would like to be proved wrong but I don't think I will be - because I don't think you'll get it.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #1639
Solopop
Solopop

If Qatar did win, then Hamman would be kicked from the AFC very quickly.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #1640
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
If Qatar did win, then Hamman would be kicked from the AFC very quickly.
Interesting why would you think that when Bin Hammam is supporting Blatter and vice versa ??

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022