daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 11th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #1641
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

^

I'm sorry, waaa?

I said he'd be kicked of his job because he isn't taking the interest of the whole of the AFC.
Solopop no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #1642
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
^

I'm sorry, waaa?

I said he'd be kicked of his job because he isn't taking the interest of the whole of the AFC.
he is AFC president for the coming period. Bin Hammam will let Blatter for a new period and then he will mean the presidency of FIFA.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 02:10 AM   #1643
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Wtf is this oncebittentwice clown saying. bla bla bla speak english you stupid mofo.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 02:55 AM   #1644
qatarson
BANNED

ARAB NEWS
11 sep 2010

Prince Sultan said all the sports, technical and manpower capabilities of the Saudi Arabia and Arab Football Federation would be at the service of Qatar

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia has pledged its support for Qatar in its bid to be the first Middle East country to host the FIFA World Cup in 2022.

"We have full confidence in Qatar's ability to organize the World Cup and ensure its complete success," said Prince Sultan bin Fahd, president of Youth Welfare Presidency, and chairman of the Federation of Arab National Olympic Committees.

In a statement on Friday on the occasion of the official visit to be conducted by the FIFA inspection team to Qatar Sept. 14-16, Prince Sultan said all the sports, technical and manpower capabilities of the Saudi Arabia and Arab Football Federation would be at the service of Qatar.

In his joint statement with Prince Nawaf bin Faisal, deputy president of the Youth Welfare Presidency, Prince Sultan reiterated his support for Qatari Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani and Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad, the heir apparent, in order for Qatar to win the right to stage the 2022 World Cup. They commended Qatar's experience in organizing regional and international sporting events and hailed its modern and integrated sports infrastructure facilities.

http://arabnews.com/sports/article134752.ece
Old September 12th, 2010, 03:01 AM   #1645
qatarson
BANNED

Saudi technical and manpower capabilities is generous support appreciated we are lucky to have support from UAE, Bahrain & Saudi to use their manpower, airports, technical and logistical support this makes Qatar offers a bid on behalf of all Arabs to amaze the world.

that realy too much thanks to our brothers

Last edited by qatarson; September 12th, 2010 at 03:10 AM.
Old September 12th, 2010, 03:51 AM   #1646
mattec

Likes (Received): 112

personally i don't see how this bid can match up against the American bid or australian bid... Qatar has Doha, while Australia has sydney, melbourne, perth, and brisbaine, and America has New York, LA, Miami, Washington, Seattle, Boston, and Philly....

So as far as having interesting places.... Qatar cannot hold a candle to the US or Australia...

jmo
mattec no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #1647
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattec View Post
personally i don't see how this bid can match up against the American bid or australian bid... Qatar has Doha, while Australia has sydney, melbourne, perth, and brisbaine, and America has New York, LA, Miami, Washington, Seattle, Boston, and Philly....

So as far as having interesting places.... Qatar cannot hold a candle to the US or Australia...

jmo
FIFA dont compare the bids with Australia or America cities, uruguay hosted the world cup in 1930 & 1950 and dont have cities as Australia or USA and they planing to bid in 2030 too.

FIFA simply does not care in comparison with certain countries. Qatar bid prospective matches in one domain and the limited distances between Qatar cities of one features provided by Qatar bid.

[IMG]http://i55.************/2sbldl3.jpg[/IMG]

we are willing to exchange cultures

Last edited by qatarson; September 12th, 2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old September 12th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #1648
T74

Likes (Received): 1

world was a different place in 1930 and 50 mate

I know some Olympics only had one bid city, and Mexico once got drafted at the eleventh hour to host a WC

those days are gone though, cities and countries are killing themselves for these events.

just look at the current bids - for 2018 England, Russia and Spain/Portugal would all be a worthy winner in any other era. Likewise for 2022 the US, Australian, and Qatari bids are hardly phoning it in.

IMO 4 bids will be rightly pissed off on Dec 2, but thats what you get in a highly competitive bid
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 11:24 AM   #1649
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9711

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
uruguay hosted the world cup in 1930 & 1950 and dont have cities

Do you have any idea of what WC looked like back then, especially in 1930 ???

-3 stadiums (80K, 20K & 5K)
-13 teams (including 9 from Americas; most of European teams declined the invitation because of the cost of the travel)
-No fans from other countries because it took several weeks to cross the ocean (even 5 days from Rio de Janeiro to Montevideo for example), and anyway most of football fans were from the working class=No paid vacations and low incomes, not to mention the 1929 economic crisis...

etc etc

So, do you really believe Uruguay 1930 is a good example to pick ???
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #1650
woozoo

Likes (Received): 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
FIFA dont compare the bids with Australia or America cities, uruguay hosted the world cup in 1930 & 1950 and dont have cities as Australia or USA and they planing to bid in 2030 too.
The Urugauy bid is a joint bid with Argentina.

So what are the stadiums Qatar proposes to use in the world cup, and what are their intended purposes after the world cup?
woozoo no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #1651
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozoo View Post

So what are the stadiums Qatar proposes to use in the world cup, and what are their intended purposes after the world cup?
They're shipping them off to Africa or some bs.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #1652
woozoo

Likes (Received): 188

lolll I heard it, but I kinda dont believe it... How many are they shipping off? What bits are they shipping, or are they shipping the entire stadiums in pieces?
woozoo no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #1653
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
world was a different place in 1930 and 50 mate

I know some Olympics only had one bid city, and Mexico once got drafted at the eleventh hour to host a WC

those days are gone though, cities and countries are killing themselves for these events.

just look at the current bids - for 2018 England, Russia and Spain/Portugal would all be a worthy winner in any other era. Likewise for 2022 the US, Australian, and Qatari bids are hardly phoning it in.

IMO 4 bids will be rightly pissed off on Dec 2, but thats what you get in a highly competitive bid
some of these countries have economic crisis and finance will be of taxpayers, they have right to fight on WC to achieve some economic recovery.
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #1654
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post

Do you have any idea of what WC looked like back then, especially in 1930 ???

-3 stadiums (80K, 20K & 5K)
-13 teams (including 9 from Americas; most of European teams declined the invitation because of the cost of the travel)
-No fans from other countries because it took several weeks to cross the ocean (even 5 days from Rio de Janeiro to Montevideo for example), and anyway most of football fans were from the working class=No paid vacations and low incomes, not to mention the 1929 economic crisis...

etc etc

So, do you really believe Uruguay 1930 is a good example to pick ???
that reply what I was waiting, FIFA changing laws and conditions every year and we are within the legal context of these terms.
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #1655
RobH

Likes (Received): 10341

??
RobH no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #1656
Solopop
Solopop

qatarson makes no sense. Ignore him.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #1657
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:

there 5 stadiums appeared in the media and these stadiums is all new that mean it will be used for next 50 years for the local league plus Qatar is going to bid for many FIFA events other than WC plus Olympics 2020 , AFC Cups , GCC Cup (every 8 years Eight national teams) also we are going to transferring some seats to poor countries in the world.
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #1658
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
lolll I heard it, but I kinda dont believe it... How many are they shipping off? What bits are they shipping, or are they shipping the entire stadiums in pieces?
if you dont belive them so dont waste your time follow their news and im not going answer your questions any more.
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #1659
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
qatarson makes no sense. Ignore him.
solopop stop these peeking movements and dont speak about me in person when im answering people.
are you here to parasitism on me
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #1660
Solopop
Solopop

peeking movements?

Is that meant to be insulting? Don't speak about you in person, who else am I going to talk about? Idiot.
Solopop no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022