daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 12th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #1661
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
peeking movements?

Is that meant to be insulting? Don't speak about you in person, who else am I going to talk about? Idiot.
what you want ?
qatarson no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #1662
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozoo View Post
lolll I heard it, but I kinda dont believe it... How many are they shipping off? What bits are they shipping, or are they shipping the entire stadiums in pieces?
I think the number is about 170,000 seats (not sure though) but its basically that some stadiums that are going to be built will have modular elements in the upper tiers, so these tiers after the world cup will be given to poor developing countries in need of sport infrastructure.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #1663
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

@qatarson
What I want?

More importantly, what do you want. You come on this forum trying to promote Qatar(which you fail at) and then Qatarson 333 tries to save you but he can't because you're a fool. You bring nothing to us but propoganda about how Qatar saves babies and loves illegal underpaid immigrants. Please just leave, you're a pain in the ass and no one has any respect for you.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #1664
Solopop
Solopop

delete.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #1665
Solopop
Solopop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
I think the number is about 170,000 seats (not sure though) but its basically that some stadiums that are going to be built will have modular elements in the upper tiers, so these tiers after the world cup will be given to poor developing countries in need of sport infrastructure.
But does Qatar need 15 or how ever many stadiums over 20 000 and a 70 000 & 80 000?

Will they all be used or are they just white elephants.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #1666
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
@qatarson
What I want?

More importantly, what do you want. You come on this forum trying to promote Qatar(which you fail at) and then Qatarson 333 tries to save you but he can't because you're a fool. You bring nothing to us but propoganda about how Qatar saves babies and loves illegal underpaid immigrants. Please just leave, you're a pain in the ass and no one has any respect for you.
son of bitch stop talking about me
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #1667
Solopop
Solopop

You calling my mum a bitch? I guess I'd expect that from you.

You ignorant ****. At least I have the decency to offend you and not your family member.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #1668
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
@qatarson
What I want?

The same could be said to you.....

anyways. Yes the stadiums will be used, what do stadiums do ? host sport events right ? and thats what Qatar is great at doing, so do not underestimate.
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #1669
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Okay, i support a temporary lockdown of this thread.

Last edited by Qatar Son 333; September 12th, 2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #1670
Solopop
Solopop

^
But who'll use them?
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #1671
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Okay, i support i temporary lockdown of this thread.
he is rude and dosnt deserves an answering him
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #1672
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
^
But who'll use them?
Qatar Stars League, Jassim Cup, Hier Apparent Cup, Emir Cup. The occasional Gulf Cup and many other tournaments. not to mention other gatherings/events.

besides, we are talking about 2022 here. so 20K would be great for the local population fans, and 60+ for the bigger more important matches + finals.
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #1673
Solopop
Solopop

^
How many teams are there?
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #1674
Solopop
Solopop

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
he is rude and dosnt deserves an answering him
'cause you can't think of another way to insult my mother?

It's like of you why our world has no hope in the future.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #1675
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
'cause you can't think of another way to insult my mother?

It's like of you why our world has no hope in the future.
solopop you been warned many times by admins and i still remember yor insult to create problems here.
waqif no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #1676
qatarson
BANNED

guys just ignore him
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #1677
Solopop
Solopop

'guys just ignore him' funny coming from the man who joined in on the insults.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #1678
RobH

Likes (Received): 10343

Quote:
Qatar Stars League, Jassim Cup, Hier Apparent Cup, Emir Cup. The occasional Gulf Cup and many other tournaments. not to mention other gatherings/events.

besides, we are talking about 2022 here. so 20K would be great for the local population fans, and 60+ for the bigger more important matches + finals.
It would though, take significant growth in the Qatari league to even fill the downsized stadiums wouldn't it?

Not that that's necessarily a problem; the USA were awarded '94 on the understanding they'd set up a professional league, so Qatar is already ahead of past successful bids in that respect.

I've tried in the past to find this out without success; what is the average attendence for a match in Qatar these days? What kind of crowds do Qatari league matches attract? What are the smallest and biggest crowds etc? I've been unable to find out very much at all about Qatari football aside from the prestige friendlies you host every now and again.
RobH no está en línea  
Old September 12th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #1679
qatarson
BANNED

Qatar ready to welcome FIFA inspection team: Al Thawadi

12 September 2010

DOHA: World Cup hopeful Qatar is ready to showcase its rise as a football giant in the region as the country gets ready to welcome FIFA’s six-member inspection team later this week.

FIFA delegation headed by Harold Mayne-Nicholls of Chile arrives in Doha on a three-day visit on Tuesday.

Qatar is one of seven countries bidding to win the rights to host FIFA World Cup finals in 2022.

“We will show the world how well we have done in the last 10 years and what we can do in the next 12 years,” Hassan Al Thawadi, CEO, Qatar 2022 Bid, said yesterday.

No other country in the Middle East has ever bid for the FIFA World Cup finals.

“We are all set to reach another milestone in our World Cup bid journey. We are ready to welcome the FIFA team,” Al Thawadi added.

“During this three-day visit, we will show our passion for football and the world-class infrastructure we have in the country,” Al Thawadi explained.

According to the Qatar 2022 Bid CEO, the FIFA team will get an opportunity to see the sports infrastructure in the country, especially the football stadiums, the city’s transport system and how fans would find accommodation if the World Cup was to be hosted by Qatar in 2022.

He said Qatar was ready to leave a lasting impression on the minds of the FIFA team members.

Qatar is the last stopover for the FIFA inspectors who completed their US trip two days ago.

Prior to the US trip, the FIFA team travelled to England, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea.

“This is our best opportunity to show what we mean by this bid. We would like to do for the Middle East what the World Cup in South Africa did for the African continent. Sport brings countries and people together.

This is not just our bid. We are bidding for the World Cup on behalf of the entire Arab world. We want to use the World Cup as a platform to reduce the gap between East and the West. A World Cup in the Middle East will help us do that besides helping football to take firm roots in this region,” Al Thawadi added.

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/qat...-thawadi-.html
Old September 12th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #1680
T74

Likes (Received): 1

can we lose the personal abuse guys?

slagging off each other and our mothers is hardly what we all come here for
T74 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022