daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 13th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #1721
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Here is an interesting point of view about Qatar's bid which differs "a bit" from the Qatari propaganda relayed in this thread (This article was written by an Australian who seems to know well the Gulf region and published on the Australian sports opinion website ROAR) :

(theroar.com.au, July 2010)

IMO all this summarizes quite perfectly (with a certain sense of humor ) what many SSC members have already wrote here, and what many many people/football fans (outside middle-east) think about the Qatar's bid !!
nothing wrong with this Australian articel and we will call it (Australian propaganda) as you called the Qataris.

but please do the same and provide us the news about official support and how many countries declarations their support to Australia on the media and If your country was the most i promise you I'll turn to support your country lol.
qatarson no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #1722
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9686

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
and If your country was the most i promise you I'll turn to support your country lol.
Just in case you didn't notice, my country isn't candidate because we submitted another bid (which won the race..again) for another big event: UEFA Euro 2016, and because we already hosted the FIFA WC in 1998 (a successful & great world cup BTW, especially for the atmosphere in the cities/streets/stadiums, not to mention which country became world champion that year: Oh, yes, my country )
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #1723
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

It seems modesty is your biggest trait. :P
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #1724
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Never heard about the French arrogance ??

P.S. Anyway, from a "neutral" point of view (especially for the 2022 WC), I have to agree with the australian article I just quote..

IMO the strongest bid is by far the US one !! But I remember watching on TV the 2003 rugby world cup in Australia and it was a great world cup (stadiums, crowds & atmosphere apparently etc), so I think Australia could be a great choice for 2022 !

Last edited by parcdesprinces; September 13th, 2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #1725
Lord David

Likes (Received): 104

Heard about the smelly French cheese. :P
Lord David no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:26 PM   #1726
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Just in case you didn't notice, my country isn't candidate because we submitted another bid (which won the race..again) for another big event: UEFA Euro 2016, and because we already hosted the FIFA WC in 1998 (a successful & great world cup BTW, especially for the atmosphere in the cities/streets/stadiums, not to mention which country became world champion that year: Oh, yes, my country )
opps sorry i miss i was think it posted by one of our Australian friends and im not going comment about france because we are small mirror to them to show in
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #1727
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Great article Parc.I missed it because I was in South Africa somewhere-could have been Joburb,maybe the amazing Cape Town or the fantastic Durban or the magnificent Kruger National Park or Pretoria,Rustenberg or many other incredible places
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #1728
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord David View Post
Heard about the smelly French cheese. :P
yummy.....
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #1729
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
nothing wrong with this Australian articel and we will call it (Australian propaganda) as you called the Qataris.

but please do the same and provide us the news about official support and how many countries declarations their support to Australia on the media and If your country was the most i promise you I'll turn to support your country lol.
the Roar is just a sports blog site - tends to be a bit on the feral side, and hardly mainstream
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #1730
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
the Roar is just a sports blog site - tends to be a bit on the feral side, and hardly mainstream
I knew the roar and I have posted some of their articles about Qatar bid it is has many writers who at Qatar bid side such as Michael Turner & Spiro Zavos.

June 29th
Qatar will host the 2022 Football World Cup

August 26th
Reasons why Qatar will host 2022 World Cup

Last edited by qatarson; September 13th, 2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old September 13th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #1731
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Although the article is not a totally reliable form of media, there is some truth in it to some extent, since we are not having indoor stadiums, but outdoor cooled stadiums. and the people behind the bid have already stated that Alcohol will be served outside of hotels at fanzones/fests. Israelis will be allowed, as there have been Israeli politicians in Qatar before and athletes as well. Al-Arabi is not the most popular team in Qatar, their stadium is (so far) not part of the bid either. not really relevant. I have given info about this before, but it seems people are blind&deaf.....
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #1732
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Seems like making a joke out of everyone is the new trend in here. let me join in

Our new metro system which will be open by 2017 would be serving the 2022 WC spectators as every stadium would have a station nearby, its a nation wide metro system, said to be one of the longest in the world, if not the longest.

Great accommodation by 2022, 110K to be exact, just a little bit higher than the South Africa 2010 WC bedroom numbers.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #1733
The executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Seems like making a joke out of everyone is the new trend in here. let me join in

Our new metro system which will be open by 2017 would be serving the 2022 WC spectators as every stadium would have a station nearby, its a nation wide metro system, said to be one of the longest in the world, if not the longest.

Great accommodation by 2022, 110K to be exact, just a little bit higher than the South Africa 2010 WC bedroom numbers.
Hahaha Qatarson, you seriously cracked me up with these photos. Dude, don't get so pissed. I'm Qatari & I've been living in Australia for few years & some of my mates ask me "why don't you get Australian residency" and I go like "if it's not for my study, I wouldn't have lived here at first place." Seriously, what do Australians think their country is. Tourists would rather escape to Europe than coming here to see few jumping Kangaroos & experincing that disgusting vegemite paste. It is easy for me to write an article of 3000 words just to defame Australia & attack the weakest points or overstate some cases to make it sound really uninviting ... Eaaaaaaaasy! Australians, do not ever think you are superiors on others. Stop it!
The executive no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #1734
_X_

Quote:
I knew the roar and I have posted some of their articles about Qatar bid it is has many writers who at Qatar bid side such as Michael Turner & Spiro Zavos.

June 29th
Qatar will host the 2022 Football World Cup

August 26th
Reasons why Qatar will host 2022 World Cup
Thanks for posting the links-again articles I hadn't seen
Straight away what struck me was the first author is a rugby writer and the second author seems to know people in the Qatar bid and infact did their wiki entry

I get the impression they are both are being paid for their comment but anyway
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #1735
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by The executive View Post
Australians, do not ever think you are superiors on others. Stop it!
Superior???
Just analysing the bid.
FIFA has 20 World Cups.For 19 of them many of these questions would not be asked but for the Worlds biggest sporting event Qatar doesn't suit for a million reasons.
Its got nothing to do with I'm better than you,its about scale,its about history,its about meeting technical criteria,its about the weather,its about fan culture,pedigree,legacy etc etc
On no level is it about people.
The Olympics is for a single city and it can be in at a different time of year-that would be a little more realistic
I'm sure the Qatari posters in this thread are good blokes and are obviously very passionate about their city but its more than that.
This is about money-----and folks all over the world hate that

Both exco members from Turkey and Egypt must be thinking "We can hold the first Arabic WC"-and you know that they probably could
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #1736
RobH

Likes (Received): 10325

Quote:

Alright, no need to get the hump

RobH no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #1737
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1103

Quote:

hahaha, Qatar Son 333, I knew you had it in you You're a good guy, tongue in cheek is healthy.

Quote:
It is easy for me to write an article of 3000 words just to defame Australia & attack the weakest points or overstate some cases to make it sound really uninviting ... Eaaaaaaaasy! Australians, do not ever think you are superiors on others. Stop it!
Mate, If you've been living in Australia for a year, you should be aware that you'd be hard pressed to find a more self critical Nation. We know our faults and discuss them vigorously, our problem is we forget that others don't.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #1738
The executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Both exco members from Turkey and Egypt must be thinking "We can hold the first Arabic WC"-and you know that they probably could
"WC" haha good one! Well, I will try to be unbiased here as much as possible.
You said in your previous post
Quote:
its about scale,its about history,its about meeting technical criteria,its about the weather,its about fan culture,pedigree,legacy etc etc
You are totally right & I believe we've got all of that except the biodiversity as in Australia and the warm weather is a disadvantafe for us but there are cooling techniques to be implemented in the studiums of course & most of shopping malls & entertainment venues are indoor buildings and for open-air places, they are normally well shaded.

Ok, let's actually ask this question towards the other direction: what will Australia do to get itself ready for a possible win in the FWC bid?
** Will you guys do something to stop racism in Melbourne against international workers & students who contribue a lot in boosting the national economy?
** Will you extend the working hours of shopping malls instead of closing at 5 in the afternoon and do something about these over-priced restaurants located in every central business district?
** Do you think the rates of public transportaion are fair for all of those visiting the country temporarely for the event? Rates of taxis are already high & they get even higher in peak periods & weekends, c'mon, not to mention the internal flights which won't be cheap.
** The quarantine laws in the Australian airports are going to drive people mad if they are kept this way you know what I mean!
** The Australian market is not so diverse. A lot malls have repeated Australian brands. There are not many international franchise businesses competing well in the market except a bunch of chinese shops selling cheap-looking products & poor quality clothes. Most shopping malls have a famous department store called Target & another one called k-mart and seriosuly, they are the worst I've ever seen in my life and most of their products are imported from china as the other Australian stores because labor is so cheap in Asia.

Anyways, these are few issues I wanted to rise & I think they are enough for now. You see, that's what I'm talking about. You can never find a country that's so perfect. There are always disadvantages in every country. I hope people just stop picking on others.. Instead of attacking other competing countries, go & support your bid!

Good luck for everyone!
The executive no está en línea  
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #1739
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
?
** Will you guys do something to stop racism in Melbourne against international workers & students who contribue a lot in boosting the national economy?

Good luck for everyone!

I think you've been watching too much Indian media.

This thread has reached new lows .
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 14th, 2010, 02:06 AM   #1740
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
"WC" haha good one! Well, I will try to be unbiased here as much as possible.
You said in your previous post

You are totally right & I believe we've got all of that except the biodiversity as in Australia and the warm weather is a disadvantafe for us but there are cooling techniques to be implemented in the studiums of course & most of shopping malls & entertainment venues are indoor buildings and for open-air places, they are normally well shaded.

Ok, let's actually ask this question towards the other direction: what will Australia do to get itself ready for a possible win in the FWC bid?
** Will you extend the working hours of shopping malls instead of closing at 5 in the afternoon and do something about these over-priced restaurants located in every central business district?
** Do you think the rates of public transportaion are fair for all of those visiting the country temporarely for the event? Rates of taxis are already high & they get even higher in peak periods & weekends, c'mon, not to mention the internal flights which won't be cheap.
** The quarantine laws in the Australian airports are going to drive people mad if they are kept this way you know what I mean!
** The Australian market is not so diverse. A lot malls have repeated Australian brands. There are not many international franchise businesses competing well in the market except a bunch of chinese shops selling cheap-looking products & poor quality clothes. Most shopping malls have a famous department store called Target & another one called k-mart and seriosuly, they are the worst I've ever seen in my life and most of their products are imported from china as the other Australian stores because labor is so cheap in Asia.

Anyways, these are few issues I wanted to rise & I think they are enough for now. You see, that's what I'm talking about. You can never find a country that's so perfect. There are always disadvantages in every country. I hope people just stop picking on others.. Instead of attacking other competing countries, go & support your bid!

Good luck for everyone!
Wrong thread idiot.
Solopop no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022