daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 14th, 2010, 11:38 AM   #1761
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

We don't have a plan because temps don't rise that rapid in 10 years.

Maybe in 100years will we worry.

I'd love you to do the same to the Aussie bid, except this time we'll answer the questions.
Solopop no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #1762
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The executive View Post
c'mon ... I was merely trying to discuss serious issues in terms of the preparations, but I forgive you for your unexpected response although I wasn't insulting Australians or people of Melbourne...
did you just forgive him for misunderstanding you calling his mum a bitch? how can he misunderstand you insulting his mother?
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #1763
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
We don't have a plan because temps don't rise that rapid in 10 years.

Maybe in 100years will we worry.

I'd love you to do the same to the Aussie bid, except this time we'll answer the questions.
we knew you dont have B-plan and we did not attack Australia bid if they found their world cup reach 40c after 12 years from now without precautionary measures and we just make it clear that all bids has gaps and some with serious problems but they have the right to bid.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #1764
T74

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
we knew you dont have B-plan and we did not attack Australia bid if they found their world cup reach 40c after 12 years from now and we just make it clear that all bids has gaps and some with serious problems but they have the right to bid.
its the middle of winter - even with global warming its not gunna be 40C in the middle of winter
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #1765
The executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
did you just forgive him for misunderstanding you calling his mum a bitch? how can he misunderstand you insulting his mother?
Oi, I don't use swear words... You are talking to the wrong person buddy.. I just forgive him because I don't have anything against him so don't make something out of nothing, please and let us all be focused in the discussion of this post and if you have something personal, you can sort it out by e-mail..

Thanks
The executive no está en línea  
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:08 PM   #1766
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
its the middle of winter - even with global warming its not gunna be 40C in the middle of winter
I already explained this point weather heat floods or hurricanes can happen to Australia or USA is that mean they should not bid !! of course they can as other bids has gaps and still can bid and the winner of them the lucky.
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #1767
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
that was not (The executive) it is me respond to solopop insults he been warned many times by admins for his insults against me and qata son 333 plus when he insult brother waqif and posted silly pics against him and he recently called brother the executive an (idiot).
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #1768
RobH

Likes (Received): 10325

Quote:
I knew london very well im always there and I still remember horribel things can happen in london such flood once I weakup and I found all london under flood and I wasnt abel to use undergound becouse all stations closed and I take taxi I spent 3 hours to reach the place i was going to and dont ask how much that taxi charged me coz you will be shocked.

that not mean im against England I support England 2018 bid and I hope it host the world cup.

but not meant others bids doesnt have negative factors and some very serious
No, no, no. An England world cup would be very, very unlucky to face the problems you're outlining, such as flooding.

A Qatar world cup, on the other hand DOES face the problems I and others are raising. It WILL be 45+ degrees in Qatar, you ARE proposing a one city world cup, your population IS too small to really cope, your league DOES have terrible attendances which DOES put question marks over the legacy.

Comparing these huge and certain problems with the possibility of a 1 in 100 year flood hitting the UK at exactly the time we're hosting the world cup is disingenuous.
RobH no está en línea  
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #1769
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
and this is why the Qatar bid is unique, its compact for fans so they don't need to spend time travelling ... this would mean that fans will be able to go from match to match in 30 minutes
The World cup doesn't work like that !

The foreign fans (with or without tickets) generally only follow their own national teams in the cities where they play, which means 1 match/city every 4 (or more) days, and during the rest of the time between matches, the fans enjoy the tourist spots, gastronomy etc of each different city they visit and in its area (even also regions located between 2 host cities), that's why having several host cities is great for the fans/tourists because that also means several different cultures, regions, mentalities, gastronomies, folklores, architectures, natural sites, weather etc and spending time to travel from one city to another can be a fantastic experience !!!

All this is what Qatar lacks: Diversity and numerous touristic spots (i.e. several cities and regions) ! Most of fans don't want to spend the entire 4 days between their team's matches in the air-con malls and the few interesting spots of the sole host city (not to mention the inexistent night life in Doha, apparently) = really boring World Cup !

Anyway it's from my own experience, because it is what I saw in France during the 1998 WC: The Scottish & US fans in Paris & around, the Germans in Lens & Montpellier, the English fans in Marseille & St Etienne, the Brazilians in Paris & Nantes etc etc, during the matches there were far more foreign fans in the bars/pubs and fanzones of the city where their teams played than in the stadium, they were just t here to enjoy a different city in following their team, even without tickets, instead of staying in Paris for example.
And when I went to Germany at the 2006 WC to attend the French vs Brazil quarter-final in Frankfurt, the city center (during 2 days and 1 night) and the stadium were almost exclusively filled by the French and Brazilian fans, which was really amazing.... especially because the whole city was focused on only 1 match and only 2 teams and their supporters just like it was the Final !

This would be impossible in Doha which would be the host of several matches per day until the semis and all the fans and supports will be "diluted" !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Most people know there is some sort of deal between Bin Hammam and Blatter. Blatter supports Bin Hammam for the AFC while Bin Hammam supports Blatter for FIFA in exchange off course, the 2022 FIFA World cup in Qatar.
Blatter also supported the South African bid for 2006... and look what happened: Germany won !!

Oh, and apparently there is also "some sort of deal" between USA (the 3 CONCACAF votes) and Platini (the 7 UEFA votes + Tahiti's vote: Tahiti is a French territory) for their 2022 bid !

Platini: "I’m 90% confident USA will withdraw, ensuring a European host for 2018, which is my objective" .... in exchange of ........

UEFA almost always votes as a block when there is one or none UEFA members in the race (that's one of the reasons why Germany won against RSA and against Blatter's will in the last round for 2006) !

Anyway, who knows what could happen...
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:44 PM   #1770
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

This is my favorite thread. "Oh No what will the Australian bid do if there are floods 100k's from the city?" lol at qatarson. This thread has lost all reason and sanity save for some sensibility by Qatar Son333.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #1771
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
No, no, no. An England world cup would be very, very unlucky to face the problems you're outlining, such as flooding.

A Qatar world cup, on the other hand DOES face the problems I and others are raising. It WILL be 45+ degrees in Qatar, you ARE proposing a one city world cup, your population IS too small to really cope, your league DOES have terrible attendances which DOES put question marks over the legacy.

Comparing these huge and certain problems with the possibility of a 1 in 100 year flood hitting the UK at exactly the time we're hosting the world cup is disingenuous.
it is flooding every times im there lol and not just london you must always have alternative plans take another example what happened in volcano disaster you want more !! hooligans, security threat, strikes there are dozens of points as i said I'm not against England bid (im at their side) all bids have gaps you have more serious things to care about it than Qatar bid.

Last edited by qatarson; September 14th, 2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #1772
RobH

Likes (Received): 10325

Quote:
it is flooding every times im there lol and not just london you must always have alternative plans take another example what happened in volcano disaster you want more !! hooligans, security threat, strikes there are dozens of points as i said I'm not against England bid (im at their side) all bids have gaps.
All bids have potential problems and challenges, but Qatar's are not, as far as I can see, surmountable. There's the difference.

Your problems - the size of your country, its small population, its geography, its climate, are not going to go away and leave Qatar with a much compromised bid plan compared with its rivals and compared with every past world cup. Our problems, on the other hand, are very fixable and are normal problems a potential world cup host faces.

I think by "flooding" you mean "rain" by the way. It hardly ever floods in London, but it is quite often raining.

Last edited by RobH; September 14th, 2010 at 01:11 PM.
RobH no está en línea  
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #1773
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
But what if temps reach 75 in Doha in 2018 due to global warning?
will withdraw from hosting worldcup even we have air-conditioned stadiums as we never bid for worldcup before we planed to bid.

Last edited by qatarson; September 14th, 2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #1774
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
All bids have potential problems and challenges, but Qatar's are not, as far as I can see, surmountable. There's the difference.

I think by "flooding" you mean "rain" by the way.
that what i was lead you to say you are not against the bid file and it is clear now what you against.
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #1775
T74

Quote:
Originally Posted by The executive View Post
Oi, I don't use swear words... You are talking to the wrong person buddy.. I just forgive him because I don't have anything against him so don't make something out of nothing, please and let us all be focused in the discussion of this post and if you have something personal, you can sort it out by e-mail..

Thanks
sorry for the misquote mate!

as for qatarson, ever heard of a mod report or the ignore function? just because someone else acts like a tool it doesn't give you license to start slagging off peoples mum's. calling someone an idiot is one thing, but to refer to their mum the way you did is beneath you
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #1776
GermanGuy

There are a lot of factors involved in this decision making process. What is good for fans is one thing. The marketing is another. What other country is there with such a strong anti-ambush legislation and the ability to control outdoor marketing as Qatar has it. What is with media? Broadcast is a big factor. Not all fans can travel to see the games. When do I have to be awake to see a match in Australia? Qatar reaches most of the worlds population within a reasonable time span.
What with the legacy of football and for the world? Of course there are many countries already able to host a beautiful FIFA World Cup. But what does it mean to give it to an Arab country in the Middle East?
Capabilities? Look what Qatar has archived in the past 10 years and than consider 12 to go. There is way too much emotion in this topic. Be reasonable!
Imagine people from all over the world celebrating in the Middle East. Have you seen what happened in Iraq as they won against Korea in the Asian Games Doha 2006?
My vote would go to Qatar!!!
GermanGuy no está en línea  
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #1777
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
The writer has no clue, which is quite understandable, originating from a country with an insignificant football history, no football nature, zero league attendance, etc.

One of the excitements of visiting a World Cup, been there done that, or any other big global sporting event for that matter, is the travelling aspect. It's a brilliant venture to get acquainted with a country.

Doha is fit for a one-day city tour only. Qatar can offer what they want; it will simply not attract travelling support in numbers with the prospect of being kept hostage in a dull suburb. It would also spark hooliganism with supporters being confined to one spot only, succumbing to the boring conditions.

you allegation the debate here

Adequacy is clear from a long time you and some other guys run against qatar to candidate and not against (the bid file)

so for that reason dont debate with us. beacuse you guys against Qatar to candidate for the world cup.

and we are here only to debate Qatar bid not to collect objections to Qatar right becouse we dont care about this and any objection should be sent to the members of FIFA whos in Qatar now.
Old September 14th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #1778
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Well, I'm an independent individual with a great passion for football and I'm not here to advocate a bid but to judge it from a connaisseur's point of view. I don't think you're in the position to dictate me how to approach or glorify Qatar's bid.

I present my verdict and objections in style and with dignity; and certainly do not call mother's members bitches, boy.
your multi objections sent it to fifa and stop troll the topic there is a poll topic for voting and we here only debate the bid.
Old September 14th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #1779
GermanGuy

If you have such a great passion for football, why not discover new frontiers? Why not seek the greater idea behind the Sport and its origins? Why not dream of achieving something together? What does it really mean to give it to Japan, Australia, or the U.S? And what could change by giving it to Qatar? I would like to see this amazing event unfold it power to unite. Shouldn’t a bid contain more than sightseeing? Qatar is like the belly button of the world. It allows short trips to a wide variety of other countries. Such things can all be provided, but when do you get a chance to make history. For the Game! For the World!
GermanGuy no está en línea  
Old September 14th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #1780
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
you allegation the debate here

Adequacy is clear from a long time you and some other guys run against qatar to candidate and not against (the bid file)

so for that reason dont debate with us. beacuse you guys against Qatar to candidate for the world cup.

and we are here only to debate Qatar bid not to collect objections to Qatar right becouse we dont care about this and any objection should be sent to the members of FIFA whos in Qatar now.
BSD multi?
Will737 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022