daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 18th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #1901
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Wow, you guys cant stand staying on topic could you..
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #1902
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Hopefully now Qatar can move it along and put the bid money into paying all their "slaves"
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #1903
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 07:37 PM   #1904
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Wow, you members continue to amaze me of how off topic this thread could reach.

----------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Surely you jest
I will NEVER insult anyone
I have never received an answer from any Qatari about the most important part of the bid-you only have 10% of the cities required to host,even though you are using every city from your nation in the bid
I will not post links until much closer to the announcement because of my fears that the information will be tampered with
I have every right to reinforce the deficiencies of the Doha bid whether that be -
-it devalues the brand of the FIFA World Cup by being a single city bid
Excuse me, are you FIFA to bother about this ?
-that it will bring in at least 100,000 supporters to the WC because of fears that attendance will be at record lows.
No fears, we expect a low of 700K and an average of 1.5, the 100K thing is actually a pledge to give a chance for 100K youth to watch the world cup live in Qatar, same pledge was made before for Doha 2016 Olympic bid.
-that the total capacity of the stadiums proposed(605,000) will form the basis for the worlds biggest elephant park.
WRONG, post world cup the number of seats will be "360,000" in Legacy mode.
-the average 53 degree weather will limit people to watching matches inside shopping malls.
This doesn't even make sense,first of all 53 is not an average, the highest ever reached was 50. The stadiums will be Air-conditioned to 27 degrees or lower (19 in alsadd), open spaces around stadiums will also be cooled, not to mention fan zones-fests...
-the absolute lack of things to see once you've done a half day tour
Maybe today, but there would be plenty by 2022, more themeparks-waterparks, entertainment districts etc are being built.
-the zero fan culture as outlined by my crowd figures(over inflated average of 8250 for final round of WCQ which included large amounts of travelling fans from Japan,Australia and Bahrain)
We were able to gather 15,000 fans for the match during the FIFA inspection, and Qataris are hard to presuade to go to matches, they only go to matches with "prestige", so the Qatar football association came up with a solution by creating a local "el-clasico" which was Alrayyan FC vs Alsadd FC, and it worked, other prestige matches would be, League final, Hier Apparent cup final, Emir cup final and other international friendlies such as Brazil vs Argentina (Nov 2010).
-that Qatar hasn't even come close to qualifying before,despite cheating in round 3 of 2010 WCQ by playing an unregistered foreign player against Iraq,they still kept the 3 points for winning,even though FIFA said it was illegal.
Not related to actually hosting the event.
-that Qatar didn't have the guts to be tested a few months ago with the rest of Asia when the temperatures were more reflective of World Cup temperatures.
The prototype stadium was under construction so they scheduled the inspection at an appropriate timing, not to mention that the league hasent started yet (they wanted to schedule a match for the inspection team, the El-Clasico of Qatar.)
-the lack of pedigree for having hosted large events such as the Olympics
2 Asian Cups and an Asian Games (not to mention many other important "stepping stone" events, FIFA World Cup and Summer Olympics are natural next steps.
-the incredible nationalising program which sees 15 of the current 29 players in the Qatari squad nationalised.This continual raping of African wins you no friends
Aspire Academy in Qatar is slowly creating new Qatari athletes and football players, the first Qatari from the academy has just joined into the National team a couple of weeks ago, so by 2022 we wouldnt need to nationalise as much as today.
-the attitude that blood money can buy you anything including exco
Why is this a problem ? If you have money, you might as well use it, if you dont, save some.
-that 93% of Asia will be watching matches at 3am
Sources ? this is wrong, Qatar is right in between of Europe (The holy land of football) and Asia (Largest population of viewers, growth of football etc), So we would most probably be able to please both continents with adequate timings. not to mention having around over 3 billion prime-time viewers.
-seeing 3 games in a day is illegal,FIFA will not allow any more than 1 game per day.This basic lack of understanding is seen across the whole bid.
The FIFA inspectors THEMSELVES said that "fans could see 2 matches per day perhaps even 3 !", so if they THEMSELVES said that, and didn't comment on it in any negative way, this rule might have been relaxed.
-that FIFAs own major sponsors will be frozen out of such a hosting
For example ? Sources ? FIFA partners are Adidas, Coca-cola, Emirates, Hyundai-KIA, Sony and Visa. All have their presence in Qatar.
Not to mention the prsesnce of some of its Sponsors such as McDonaldes, Castrol, Continental....
I dont see where the issue is in this case, if there was a problem these sponsors or partners would have protested...

Moving forward Qatar now has a pathway for future co hosting-an option that didn't exist at the start of this bidding process
As expected, no support for your "claims".
Old September 18th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #1905
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Qatari officials confirmed four of the stadiums will be constructed regardless of the outcome of the World Cup bidding process. The stadiums are Education city, Al-Khor, Al-Wakrah & Sports city.

Work on one facility, Education City Stadium, is to be tendered next year.

Most of the stadiums are designed to hold about 45,000 people, and then cut to about 23,000 after the event, according to presentation material.

A design for an 86,000 capacity stadium to host the final and opening ceremony is yet to be announced.
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #1906
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Wow, you members continue to amaze me of how off topic this thread could reach.

----------------------------------

As expected, no support for your "claims".
I still don't think you understand the World Cup at all.

Its sad when seemingly smart people are blinded by nationalism.

Its great supporting your country's bid but to deny the obvious is where the blind nationalism kicks in.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #1907
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
I still don't think you understand the World Cup at all.

Its sad when seemingly smart people are blinded by nationalism.

Its great supporting your country's bid but to deny the obvious is where the blind nationalism kicks in.
stop this, this is really pretty silly we know your opinion and you are backs Australia and you alreayd wrote this many times that is your personal view but coming here to teach us what we are and what we should do that not your business.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:36 PM   #1908
CasaMor
Africator | Moroccator

Good luck Qatar!

from Morocco!
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #1909
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasaMor View Post
Good luck Qatar!

from Morocco!
thanks but becareful Mo Rush maybe going teach you what you should say & do
Old September 18th, 2010, 11:36 PM   #1910
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
stop this, this is really pretty silly we know your opinion and you are backs Australia and you alreayd wrote this many times that is your personal view but coming here to teach us what we are and what we should do that not your business.
This is perhaps exactly my point. You now defer the topic to Australia.

Its not a personal view, it is clear you do not understand the nature of the World Cup by insisting that 1 city hosting significantly more venues than significantly larger cities.

I honestly do not care whether its Qatar or Australia. Sydney cannot host the entire World Cup, Melbourne cannot host the entire world cup, Cape Town cannot host the entire World Cup...and Qatar cannot host the entire World Cup, perhaps even less of it than Sydney or Melbourne could.

At no point in the "compact" motivation do you even acknowledge the scale of even hosting 1 match venue in a city like Doha, yet to persist on motivating the impossible by putting forward essentially suburbs inside Doha as "host cities" and then even suggesting that these will host more than 1 match venue.

Ignore the cultural issues or the heat or any other difficulties.

Hosting the entire World Cup in essentially one city is not feasible and not possible whether you have lots of money or not and is not going to

I struggle to see what part of this you cannot understand....

Do you support Sydney hosting the entire World Cup? Do you support London hosting the entire World Cup? Do you support Melbourne or Rio hosting the entire World Cup?

So Qatar wins the 2022 bid? FIFA aren't going to allocate more than 2 (3 if you're lucky) venues to Doha or any city within 50km of Doha....then what...?

Why does FIFA ban all other events in host cities the size of London or Johannesburg or Cape Town which are reasonably large?
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #1911
Mo Rush

I now understand the " we know you back Australia". You cannot use the "anti-Arab world" sentiment with me so its the "you back Australia".

I'm South African. If I'm backing Australia its because their bid is based on reality ignoring any part of their multi-city event track record and ignoring any South Africa- Australia rivalry.

I think Qatar is magnificent and Doha presented a great 2016 bid and is likely to win someday but the same question remains as highlighted in my posts below.

Last edited by Mo Rush; September 19th, 2010 at 02:24 AM.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2010, 04:45 AM   #1912
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Until now I've seen you Qatar Son 333 as being the most reasonable of the Qatari posters,but I must say that your last post was particularly deluded.
Having helped people from all around the World to secure their dreams with World Cup tickets in South Africa and Germany let me assure you I know what the rules are on official ticket limitations.
You will get all the links you require as we get closer to the time when its just way too late for any tampering
I had people from 27 countries at my charity match in Cape Town where we raised over 100 pair of boots in just 2 weeks.For Brazil the goal is 2014 pair.With Qatar I can't imagine a legacy to leave because everyone is much richer than the football supporters going over
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2010, 04:48 AM   #1913
_X_

Oh,and I noticed you left out FIFAs alcohol sponsor

Sepp to Bud
"Sorry guys,do you mind if you sit this one out"
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2010, 04:51 AM   #1914
Weebie

Likes (Received): 5

Qatars bid pretty much eliminated this week.
Weebie no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:02 AM   #1915
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
It was finally the first indication.
But the bid team can take some positives from the fact that FIFA hasn't shut the gate for ever more,in fact they have opened it right up.The new framework for co hosted ratified on June 7 will allow Qatar a more realistic bid with UAE that will alleviate many of the concerns this time around.They probably wouldn't want Bahrain as part of a GCC bid with the bad blood that emanated from the challenge to Bin Hamman by Shiek Salman 15 months ago.
Actually it was interesting to see that both Blatter and Platini were supporting the Bahraini
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #1916
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
I now understand the " we know you back Australia". You cannot use the "anti-Arab world" sentiment with me so its the "you back Australia".

I'm South African. If I'm backing Australia its because their bid is based on reality ignoring any part of their multi-city event track record and ignoring any South Africa- Australia rivalry.

I think Qatar is magnificent and Doha presented a great 2016 bid and is likely to win someday but the same question remains as highlighted in my posts below.
I know where you from and I know your country is at Qatar bid side and I do not care if you see it one city bid or you have any other objection simply this do not change any with our bid.
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #1917
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
FIFA is votes and we are know who with us & who is not long months ago and this is the different between Qatar bid and others. we have 9 confirmed votes of 24 members till this moment and we expect more soon when important votes like Mr platini & Thompson decides. time is almost over and all countries now know it is positions well

what you do not know that choose hosting country for (2022) will be on eliminate the lowest bid has votes each round and countries with no seat or votes at FIFA of course will be eliminate from first round till we have 2 countries at last round and the country with most votes will win.

Last edited by qatarson; September 19th, 2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old September 19th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #1918
Mo Rush

Quote:
I know where you from and I know your country is at Qatar bid side and I do not care if you see it one city bid or you have any other objection simply this do not change any with our bid.
and yet you refuse to answer the real questions in my posts....Nobody is fighting with you or objecting to Qatar bidding...What part of this do you not understand?

This has nothing to do with opinions or feelings or whether or not I support the bid and everything to do with the facts of the bid.

Answer the questions. Until you do I will assume that the nature of the WC remains beyond you, and that blind nationalism has won the day once again.

I honestly do not care whether its a Qatari or non-Qatari bid. 10 venues or even 3 in essentially 1 metropolitan region will not be allowed by FIFA today and not in 2022.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #1919
dysan1
More development

Likes (Received): 1685

Some nice looking stadia for the bid. However this is a wishful bid in the extreme. To have every game clustered in one city is insane and the extravagance and waste that would be created with tens of thousands of hotel rooms and over 10 stadia sitting idle after the tournament would take the World Cup into very dangerous territory from a good legacy perspective. I'm all for the middle east hosting this tournament at some point, but that would need to be a regional bid and until that is allowed it wont be coming any time soon
Old September 19th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #1920
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
FIFA is votes and we are know who with us & who is not long months ago and this is the different between Qatar bid and others. we have 9 confirmed votes of 24 members till this moment and we expect more soon when important votes like Mr platini & Thompson decides. time is almost over and all countries now know it is positions well

*fapfapfapfapfapdelusionsofgrandourfapfapfapfap*

what you do not know that choose hosting country for (2022) will be on eliminate the lowest bid has votes each round and countries with no seat or votes at FIFA of course will be eliminate from first round till we have 2 countries at last round and the country with most votes will win.
Won't you feel stupid on December 2nd and you don't get these 9 votes.
Will737 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022