daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 20th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #1961
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Since FIFA rejected the Doha bid last week
then

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Because unlike all other 8 bids Doha is such an east target.
Firstly ,its the only illegal bid
Secondly,its the only bid that has never hosted an Olympics as a stepping stone
Thirdly,its the only bid that FIFA has basically written off
Fourth,Qatar don't even have the support of its neighbours with Sheik Salman from Bahrain challenging Bin Hamman last year,while Kuwait and the Gulf Crown Princes were the driving forces behind the challenge,which also saw Platini and Blatter support the Bahraini.
Finally-no one gets rewarded when they tell another exco member "to cut off his head"
you said Qatar bid rejected by FIFA and this enough to show you are liar

Last edited by qatarson; September 20th, 2010 at 12:55 PM.
qatarson no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #1962
qatarson
BANNED

Friday 17 September 2010

"From an organisational point of view, Qatar has the potential to host an international sports event such as the FIFA World Cup, but it would pose a number of logistial challenges,“ said Mayne-Nicholls

Mohammed bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, the chairman of the bid, added: "We have tried to cover every angle, from green technologies to infrastructure to the legacy of greater understanding that a World Cup in Qatar will leave. And I can assure you we will be ready by 2022."

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/bidders...d=1303712.html
Old September 20th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #1963
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
Friday 17 September 2010

"From an organisational point of view, Qatar has the potential to host an international sports event such as the FIFA World Cup, but it would pose a number of logistial challenges,“ said Mayne-Nicholls

Mohammed bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, the chairman of the bid, added: "We have tried to cover every angle, from green technologies to infrastructure to the legacy of greater understanding that a World Cup in Qatar will leave. And I can assure you we will be ready by 2022."

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/bidders...d=1303712.html
10 venues in 1 city is far from an "understanding of a World Cup".
Wishfully far.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:02 PM   #1964
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
10 venues in 1 city is far from an "understanding of a World Cup".
Wishfully far.
no not true you deliberately discredit Qatar

we have Wakrah city , Al khoar city , Al shamal city

and 4 more cities is 15 km from Doha city

you lost neutrality & your credibility by using permissions in past against this topic for benefit Australia bid topic and Australians.

everything you do creating chaos and repeat the same words against Qatar bid
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #1965
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

All those towns (which you call cities) are what would be considered suburbs in the US and Australian bid's.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #1966
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
All those towns (which you call cities) are what would be considered suburbs in the US and Australian bid's.
these cities and some of it has over 200,000 population currently and one hour from the capital we have compact bid and everyone in this world know this information inculde the fifa.

any other point ?
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #1967
qatarson
BANNED

QATAR 2022 BID PURSUES DEVELOPMENT THROUGH FOOTBALL IN SYRIA

Bid Officials To Attend Opening of New Football Pitch on International Day of Peace

DOHA: 21 September 2010: The Qatar 2022 Bid Committee will travel to Syria on Tuesday for the official opening of a FIFA standard artificial football pitch in Yarmouk Camp on the outskirts of Damascus, home to the largest Palestinian population in Syria. The event is a key milestone in the Bid Committee’s ‘Generation Amazing’ project, which aims to use sport as a tool for positive social and community development in four target countries: Syria, Lebanon, Nepal and Pakistan.

Qatar 2022 and project partners UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency) have chosen ‘International Peace Day,’ as recognised by all 192 United Nations (UN) member states, for the inauguration of the pitch, highlighting the objectives of the program and its alignment with global efforts towards peace and inclusivity. The Bid Committee has worked closely with ‘Peace One Day’ - the organisation behind the establishment of ‘International Peace Day.’

The redeveloped pitch, housed within the Palestine Athletic City, will host the events that will take place on September 21st most important of which is a football match between camp youth. The competing teams were selected through inter-school football tournaments held previously in the camp and under the auspices of Qatar 2022 through the ‘Generation Amazing’ project. The teams will include Hani Hweileh and Mahmoud Morei, two of the Youth Ambassadors selected to accompany the Qatar 2022 delegation to the FIFA World Cup in South Africa last June. Hani and Mahmoud will also be delivering speeches on behalf of the Special Adviser to the Secretary General of the UN and the President of FIFA respectively. Hazar Al Tarifi, also a Youth Ambassador on the South Africa trip, will offer a thank you speech and an introduction to the day’s activities.

Qatar 2022 CEO Hassan Al Thawadi, commenting on the initiative in Syria, said, ‘We have set out to create a tangible development legacy with our unique ‘Generation Amazing’ initiative. The pitch that we have redeveloped to FIFA standard in Yarmouk Camp is expected to cater to over 30,000 people in the future, and we hope that it acts as a catalyst for sustainable community development in the camp. Holding the event on Peace Day underlines our goals for this project – to create a legacy of peace and social integration through the power of football.’

Roger Hearn, Director of UNRWA Affairs in Syria said, “This support from the 2022 Qatar Bid Committee will inspire future Palestinian generations to use sports to reach beyond social boundaries and excel within their community. UNRWA believes that young people inspire each other and this project will ensure our children play on pitches instead of streets”.

The project in Yarmouk is not limited to the rehabilitation of the football facilities. Since the beginning of the year, 45 coaches and physical education teachers from UNRWA schools attended a workshop focusing on the administrative, technical and organisational

components of coaching, and the use of football for community mobilisation. The trainers utilised their skills and transferred their knowledge to 360 youth between the ages of 9 and 18. Earlier in the year, these children along with other camp youth took part in a Qatar 2022 sponsored football tournament, from which the three Youth Ambassadors were chosen to attend the World Cup in South Africa as guests of the Qatar 2022 Bid Committee.

The trip to South Africa, which included 22 children from the four targeted countries (Syria, Lebanon, Nepal and Pakistan) and three from Qatar, was made up of a variety of educational; cultural; and football activities for the children. A friendly match was organised against South African children in Soweto, as well as visits to the Apartheid museum, safari parks and cultural villages. The highlight of the trip for the children was the chance to attend a live FIFA World Cup match between Brazil and North Korea.

http://www.un.org.sy/forms/news/view...hp?idField=850
Old September 20th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #1968
Kintoy
BAND

Likes (Received): 2182

I hope Australia wins
Old September 20th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #1969
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintoy View Post
I hope Australia wins
Why you come in here spead your hate.? all think Qatar cant win but 9 vote alredy will win
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #1970
RobH

Likes (Received): 10338

Quote:
Secondly,its the only bid that has never hosted an Olympics as a stepping stone
Whilst I completely agree with you on the logistical challenges Qatar faces, I feel this point is irrelevent. In no sense is an Olympics necessary nor is it a stepping-stone to a world cup. They are completely different events with completely seperate requirements (many sports in one city vs one sport in many cities). I agree with most of the criticisms Qatar's bid is getting, but this one is silly. It's just not relevent; South Africa has never hosted an Oympics yet won the world cup, ditto Brazil when it was awarded 2014, ditto Argentina many years ago etc. You have to host one first, and neither is a stepping-stone to the other because they have completely different requirements.
RobH no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #1971
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

small cities in Europe are compact. A world cup in 1 city is impossible, not compact.

Do you not think England would instead host a "compact" WC in a city MUCH larger than Qatar. Why are other bidders not just hosting all matches in Madrid, Barcelona, London, Sydney, Melbourne? significantly more capable than Doha.

If the logistical nightmare of hosting all matches in 1 city was such a strength, why exactly are other countries who would be able to achieve this with much more ease e.g. London which hosts tons of matches every weekend, not do this?

Answer: because it will not be allowed by FIFA and because they understand the nature of a World Cup.

Why is FIFA not saying...Sydney or LA or London, why don't you scrap the other cities and host the entire WC in your cities...why should we bother with Manchester or Brisbane or Perth or Chicago when we can have it all in 1 city?
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #1972
MysteryMike
BANNED

Anybody who has lived in Qatar or anyone involved in football (who isn't paid off by Qatar) knows the Qatar bid is an utter joke. If any Arab nation should be hosting a world cup, it should be Egypt. Egypt has the football culture, they've actually qualified multiple times for world cups, unlike Qatar who has never qualified, they use their own players and don't have to steal players from Africa and bribe them to trade nationalities, they are the highest ranked Arab nation, infact they are ranked top 10 in the world, they are also the current champions of Africa, they've got the population (which Qatar doesn't have) and they've got the land and a multitude of tourist destinations which would make a fantastic world cup for everyone visiting there (which again Qatar has none of) plus they've got the required ties with Israel and on top of that Qatar even fails the technical requirements for the host of a world cup. It's just failure all round and frankly Qatar might think they have votes in the bag but I can see people going into that secret ballot and going mmm do I really want to vote for a disgrace to international football, that fails requirements for a world cup, that has failed in developing their own football and will really disgrace the legacy/history of all football world cups,

MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:33 PM   #1973
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Anybody who has lived in Qatar or anyone involved in football (who isn't paid off by Qatar) knows the Qatar bid is an utter joke. If any Arab nation should be hosting a world cup, it should be Egypt. Egypt has the football culture, they've actually qualified multiple times for world cups, unlike Qatar who has never qualified
Qatar representing the Arab include Eygpt which it is FIFA member Hany Abu Radia said he will vote for Qatar and we appreciate this. Also Qatar representing it is neighbors six Arab Gulf countries (Saudi, Kuwait, UAE) all these countries qualified to world cup and these countries declared all their support to Qatar include (manpower & Logistics support).

since Qatar located in heart of middle east there will be chance for over 30 millions person in Arab Gulf countries & over 400 millions from Arabs countries include Egypt to watch world cup for first time in their area plus 74 millions from Iran & 8 millions from Israel.

in this tiny country all enemies can be in same place face-to-face as happen many times during past and this is gain promotion of peace to Middle East in a country able to do that and has long history in spread sport & peace.

in 2006 Qatar hosted the largest Asian Games in fantastic experience and youth world cup 1995 and till the year 2022 Qatar planing to host Olympics Games in 2020 and will keep hosting FIFA events as did in past starting from Worldcup, Youth WC & AFC Cup & many other football events.
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:46 PM   #1974
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2762

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
Qatar representing the Arab include Eygpt which it is FIFA member Hany Abu Radia said he will vote for Qatar and we appreciate this. Also Qatar representing it is neighbors six Arab Gulf countries (Saudi, Kuwait, UAE) all these countries qualified to world cup and these countries declared all their support to Qatar include (manpower & Logistics support).

since Qatar located in heart of middle east there will be chance for over 30 millions person in Arab Gulf countries & over 400 millions from Arabs countries include Egypt to watch world cup for first time in their area plus 74 millions from Iran & 8 millions from Israel.
By what geographic measure is Qatar considered the heart of the Middle East let alone the Arab world. If that was really a consideration then Egypt would be the surefire pick by that measure.

Why one would pick one of the very smallest Arab nations to "respresent" the whole of the Arab or Middle Eastern regions seems a bit counter intuitive to me. That is why I just think its best to wait until say Morocco, Egypt, Turkey, or Iran are ready to host. Best to let a substantial amount of nationals take pride in the event rather then a measly few million.
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #1975
krudmonk
sucks

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
Turkey, or Iran
Not Arab...
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:04 AM   #1976
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
By what geographic measure is Qatar considered the heart of the Middle East let alone the Arab world. If that was really a consideration then Egypt would be the surefire pick by that measure.

Why one would pick one of the very smallest Arab nations to "respresent" the whole of the Arab or Middle Eastern regions seems a bit counter intuitive to me. That is why I just think its best to wait until say Morocco, Egypt, Turkey, or Iran are ready to host. Best to let a substantial amount of nationals take pride in the event rather then a measly few million.
Qatar or any Arab Gulf country in heart of middle east which has Iran 75 millions in the East & Egypt 78 millions in the west of middle east.
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:04 AM   #1977
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2762

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Not Arab...
Of course not. He did extend his argument to the wider Middle East though and also has played up the first Muslim nation thing and both would equally apply to both Turkey and Iran.
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:08 AM   #1978
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

Here's what I still don't get and haven't gotten an explanation on. Why does the Arab world deserve a World Cup? How many times are we going to micro-regionalize the world? If the Arab world becomes an area that deserves a World Cup then what about the Caribbean? Don't they? How about West Africa? Oceania hasn't hosted either. I hate these micro-regionalizations. They're ridiculous. FIFA has broken the world up by confederation and that should be it. There shouldn't be any further regionalization. Seriously, what makes the Arab world deserve a World Cup more than the other micro-regions in the world?
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:08 AM   #1979
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Of course not. He did extend his argument to the wider Middle East though and also has played up the first Muslim nation thing and both would equally apply to both Turkey and Iran.
well if Qatar won the hosting you can says it is also first islamic country to host the world cup because this did not happen before too.
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:11 AM   #1980
MysteryMike
BANNED

Qatar is not representative of the middle east, Qatar is a joke, no culture, no history. Just the other week Qatar chucked 2 Egyptians for espionage against Qatar into prison, no trial, nothing. Qatar is a failure at football, Qatar is a failure at meeting the FIFA requirements and quite frankly Qatar's bid should be withdrawn ASAP to avoid further embarrassment and wasting of time for everyone concerned.
MysteryMike no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022