daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 6th, 2010, 04:25 AM   #181
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

nice
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #182
hmueller2

Likes (Received): 177

new rwy

mb92, Highcliff liked this post
hmueller2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #183
HD
같같같같같같

Likes (Received): 919

Quote:
Fraport Traffic Figures – August 2010: Frankfurt Airport Records Unprecedented Traffic Boom
Schulte: “We are back on a steady growth course”

33/2010

FRA/rap-th> Fraport AG's Frankfurt Airport (FRA) home base excelled with a new historical daily record right on the first day of August 2010 when it served 184,825 passengers. This exceeded the previous daily record set in July 2010. Never before have so many passengers used Frankfurt Airport in a single day. A total of 5.2 million passengers – up 6.6 percent year-on-year – passed through FRA in August 2010, making the reporting month FRA's busiest August ever and the second-busiest month in the airport's history.

Maximum takeoff weights (MTOWs) – which are comparable to maximum permissible truck weights – also recorded a new all-time high. In August 2010 MTOWs increased by 6.5 percent to 2,528 million metric tons year-on-year, besting all previous monthly results. Airfreight continued to show stable double-figure growth. With 185,372 metric tons handled or an 18.4 percent year-on-year increase, FRA recorded its busiest-ever August for freight handling. Aircraft movements also rose a strong five percent over August 2009 to a total of 41,631 takeoffs and landings.

Commenting on the latest traffic statistics, Fraport executive board chairman Dr. Stefan Schulte said: "Now that we are back on a steady growth course FRA's capacity expansion is more urgent than ever. Furthermore, our latest traffic figures underscore FRA's position as one of Europe's most significant international air transportation hubs." FRA's expansion, which is advancing on schedule, will set the course for ensuring that Frankfurt and thus Germany can share in the future growth of the aviation industry, Schulte stressed.

Among Fraport Group's foreign majority-owned airports, Antalya (AYT) on the Turkish Riviera again topped the list for passengers served in August 2010. A total of 3.4 million passengers used AYT's terminals in the reporting month, a 10.7 percent jump year-on-year. In Peru's capital city, Lima Airport (LIM) welcomed 969,567 passengers, achieving particularly high growth of 23.5 percent. On Bulgaria's Black Sea coast, Burgas Airport (BOJ) served 567,048 passengers (up 15.4 percent), while Varna Airport (VAR) saw only a slight 0.6 percent year-on-year increase to 292,443 passengers.

Showing above-average growth, these airports contributed substantially to Fraport Group's 9.6 percent rise in total passenger traffic to 10.5 million in August 2010.

Traffic Data Frankfurt Airport
Traffic Data Fraport Group

Print-quality photos of Frankfurt Airport and Fraport AG are availale free for downloading via the Internet at www.fraport.com (Menu: select Press Center > then Photo Service). For TV news and information broadcasting purposes only, we also offer free footage material for downloading via http://fraport.cms-gomex.com.

For Further Information, Please Contact:
Fraport AG Frankfurt Airport Services Worldwide
Robert A. Payne, B.A.A. – Senior Mgr. International Press & PR
International Spokesman, Press Office (Dept. UKM-PS),
Corporate Communications, 60547 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Tel.: +49 69.690.78547; Fax: +49.69.690.60548;
E-mail: [email protected]; Internet: www.fraport.com

FRA january-august 2010 (2009)

34.996.942 passengers (33.953.299)

+ 1.043.643 passengers or + 3,1%

quite good, if you consider, that there was a massive drop in pax numbers this winter and spring due to severe weather, strike and the volcano distruptions (also compared to the main competitors paris and london, where there is less growth, or negative growth). for this year, FRAPORT is expecting a growth of around 4%, which is moderate compared to major asian airports. it is expected that FRA is going to experience stronger growth though after the completion of the new runway (2011), with thousands of new slots available.

mb92 liked this post

Last edited by HD; September 12th, 2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: numbers fixed
HD está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:18 AM   #184
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4261

^
With such traffic figures, Fraport should really start T3 construction soon.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #185
hmueller2

Likes (Received): 177

hmueller2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #186
Tyron

Likes (Received): 230

Update

The Squaire (Airrail Center)
(Photos by Beggi published on Deutsches Architektur Forum

Source: Beggi on "Deutsches Architektur Forum"

The Squaire will offer a total of 140,000 m of hotel (Hilton+Hilton Garden Inn), office and retail space and has its own long-distance railway station. The Hilton hotels are scheduled to open in February 2011.

Source: Fraport AG

Pier A-Plus and Terminal 3
The aerial photo shows the construction sites of the westward extension of Terminal 1 (A-Plus) in the foreground and of terminal 3 (upper image border).

Source: Fabio Lorenzato on Airliners.net

Expansion of Cargo City South

Forecasts used for the airport expansion zoning procedure predicted an increase of 3.2 million metric tons in airfreight at Frankfurt Airport by 2020.

To provide the freight handling infrastructure required to accommodate this growth, Fraport will gradually develop an additional 27 hectares of land at CargoCity South by the year 2020.

Over this period approximately 100,000 sq m of cargo terminals and associated office buildings and car parking spaces will be built.Project planning for approximately 30,000 square meters of hall space will be implemented in the first phase.

Source: Schmittchen on "Deutsches Architektur Forum"

New visitors centre

Drexler Guinand Jauslin Architects have won the competition for a new visitors centre in the southern aera of Frankfurt Airport. This project is scheduled to start construction in 2013.

Source: Schmittchen on "Deutsches Architektur Forum"

Tyron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:23 AM   #187
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

very nice
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #188
dampfnudel

Likes (Received): 0

FRA has come a long way since I first landed there as a small child in the 1970s to visit my "oma" (grandma) in nearby Aschaffenburg. I've flown in and out of that airport close to 50 times. It's been 6 years since my last visit and I'll probably fly there next year.
dampfnudel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:08 PM   #189
Jota_bog
J

Likes (Received): 372

This video was taken on Sept 21st... on my flight from FRA to IAH..

You can see development on the new runway

Upcoming: None

Jota_bog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #190
HD
같같같같같같

excellent. looks like there's still a lot of work to do though.
Old September 26th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #191
Sean Yves

Likes (Received): 22

All Photos by Schmittchen from Deutsches Architektur Forum

New runway:

Terminal 3: Surface preparation:

Terminal 1 Extension: Pier A Plus

New administration building of Fraport AG:

New building for ground handling services:

Last edited by Sean Yves; September 26th, 2010 at 05:21 PM.
Sean Yves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 12:20 AM   #192
Gertrud

Likes (Received): 6

hmm.seems if nearly everything is under construction or refurbishment at fra.
does anyone know how much capacity terminal 1 and 2 will have alltogether after completion?

on this picture another site is visible at terminal 1 (on the left of pier a plus).what is beeing build there?

Quote:

Gertrud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:10 AM   #193
HD
같같같같같같

pier a plus is adding a capacity of 6 million pax.

which construction site do you mean? all the construction at pier a plus belongs to pier a plus.

mb92 liked this post
HD está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:59 AM   #194
Justme
Gotta lite?

Likes (Received): 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertrud View Post
hmm.seems if nearly everything is under construction or refurbishment at fra.
Terminal 1 and 2 has been under renovation it seems for the last 10 years. So many parts look unfinished due to the ceiling removed everywhere and cablings dangling, but to be honest, I have never noticed any changes. 10 years of renovations and nothing obvious to see from it.
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #195
aab7772003

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme View Post
Terminal 1 and 2 has been under renovation it seems for the last 10 years. So many parts look unfinished due to the ceiling removed everywhere and cablings dangling, but to be honest, I have never noticed any changes. 10 years of renovations and nothing obvious to see from it.
It is obvious that your honesty is far from what is said it is.

I have seen the changes inside out.

You should be thankful that the airport is not looking like TPE with exploding sewage piles because the airport authority there has not given the airport a shit at all.

Last edited by aab7772003; October 1st, 2010 at 06:58 AM.
aab7772003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #196
HD
같같같같같같

well, it is true that there are still a lot of areas with ceilings removed, but I have to say, it still has changed a lot in the last years. there have been major revamps of piers A, B and C, also major redevelopments of the basement levels in terminal 1 (looks like a completely new airport in some areas).

the biggest changes however are external: new runway, new taxiways, new hangars, new piers, new control towers, new cargo facilities, new infrastructure, new hotels, etc ...

the best thing would be a complete demolition of terminal 1, but that's just impossible.
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:13 AM   #197
aab7772003

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
well, it is true that there are still a lot of areas with ceilings removed, but I have to say, it still has changed a lot in the last years. there have been major revamps of piers A, B and C, also major redevelopments of the basement levels in terminal 1 (looks like a completely new airport in some areas).

the biggest changes however are external: new runway, new taxiways, new hangars, new piers, new control towers, new cargo facilities, new infrastructure, new hotels, etc ...

the best thing would be a complete demolition of terminal 1, but that's just impossible.
Well said.

There would be no point of demolishing it when LH and Fraport has invested so much to make it look just like MUC terminal 2 now.
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:32 AM   #198
Justme
Gotta lite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7772003 View Post
It is obvious that your honesty is far from what is said it is.

I have seen the changes inside out.

You should be thankful that the airport is not looking like TPE with exploding sewage piles because the airport authority there has not been the airport shit at all.
You are putting my honesty at question here? And please explain why that is? What part of that short post of mine could make you jump to such conclusions?

Anyway, I stand by what I said. I have been using the airport on an extremely frequent basis for the last 10 years, and except for some small extensions here and there, I have seen no real noticable improvements inside the terminals. The ceiling has been off inside Terminal 2 for most of those years? Why is it still off? What are they doing, and why is it not finished.

Also, if I really am mistaken, and that is certainly possible, please prove your point by showing before and after shots inside the terminals.
Old October 1st, 2010, 07:02 AM   #199
aab7772003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme View Post
You are putting my honesty at question here? And please explain why that is? What part of that short post of mine could make you jump to such conclusions?

Anyway, I stand by what I said. I have been using the airport on an extremely frequent basis for the last 10 years, and except for some small extensions here and there, I have seen no real noticeable improvements inside the terminals. The ceiling has been off inside Terminal 2 for most of those years? Why is it still off? What are they doing, and why is it not finished.

Also, if I really am mistaken, and that is certainly possible, please prove your point by showing before and after shots inside the terminals.
I stand by what I said too. Fraport has practically rebuilt Terminal 1. Everyone knows that. That is fine with me if that continuous project is "small extensions here and there" to you.
Old October 1st, 2010, 07:19 AM   #200
Justme
Gotta lite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7772003 View Post
I stand by what I said too. Fraport has practically rebuilt Terminal 1. Everyone knows that. That is fine with me if that continuous project is "small extensions here and there" to you.
Wow, you mean my grandmother also knows?

Seriously though, please show interior photos of the grand rennovations and how it has changed in the last 10 years. I will honestly stand corrected if I can see any significant differences.

Tags
airport, european hub airport, frankfurt, frankfurt airport