daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 1st, 2010, 07:32 AM   #201
aab7772003

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme View Post
Wow, you mean my grandmother also knows?

Seriously though, please show interior photos of the grand rennovations and how it has changed in the last 10 years. I will honestly stand corrected if I can see any significant differences.
You can find the photos online to prove yourself wrong.

BTW, your grandmother probably does not track ""small extensions here and there" like a hawk so she more likely wonders since when Fraport has rebuilt the airport.
aab7772003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2010, 08:05 AM   #202
Justme
Gotta lite?

Likes (Received): 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7772003 View Post
You can find the photos online to prove yourself wrong.

BTW, your grandmother probably does not track ""small extensions here and there" like a hawk so she more likely wonders since when Fraport has rebuilt the airport.
Or I could visit the airport several times a year which I do, but still havn't seen anything major. Anyway, in two weeks from now, I have been invited to a behind the scenes tour of the airport. I'll get to see many places where normal folk don't get to pass through, and I'll ask our trustworthy guide what changes have actually been made.

Seriously though, if you can't even name the major interior changes, then it certainly doesn't prove me wrong.

Do you even live in Frankfurt?
Old October 1st, 2010, 10:54 AM   #203
HD
같같같같같같

Likes (Received): 916

I'm a frequent user of FRA (terminal 1) and that's what comes to my mind:

- the biggest changes can be seen at terminal 1, level 1 and level 0 (the area is completely new, it is still partly u/c though), formerly know as the dungeon
- the C pier is completely new (the area where the A380 is currently departing from)
- the central area of the B pier has been redone completely
- pier A has been redone completely (the tiny restrooms still suck though)
- however the only major changes I see in the main halls of terminal 1 are the shopping areas (the main halls should really be the focus of future renovation)
- I have no idea what is going on in terminal 2, because I hardly ever use it, but last time I was there (summer 2009) I wasn't under impression, it was a construction site - everything looked almost new, as usual

I have no pics, because I couldn't care less about taking pictures of airports, but it is obvious to people who know the airport, that major changes have happened. the problem is, you easily get the impression, there are construction sites on every corner and that FRA is terribly complicated and confusing. there are areas which look different every month I'm passing there, and there are areas which seem to be stuck in the old days. you can't see the big picture of the renovation effort, because the main problems remain the same after renovation: ceillings are too low, some walkways are too narrow, you still feel cramped even with shiny new walls, and neat new shopping arcades or coffee shops. also, you can't appreciate the new areas, because they're surrounded by older parts of the airport (it's like going through several airports) - you can see, terminal 1 was designed for considerably less people.
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:32 PM   #204
aab7772003

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post

- the biggest changes can be seen at terminal 1, level 1 and level 0 (the area is completely new, it is still partly u/c though), formerly know as the dungeon
- the C pier is completely new (the area where the A380 is currently departing from)
- however the only major changes I see in the main halls of terminal 1 are the shopping areas (the main halls should really be the focus of future renovation)
- I have no idea what is going on in terminal 2, because I hardly ever use it, but last time I was there (summer 2009) I wasn't under impression, it was a construction site - everything looked almost new, as usual

I have no pics, because I couldn't care less about taking pictures of airports, but it is obvious to people who know the airport, that major changes have happened. the problem is, you easily get the impression, there are construction sites on every corner and that FRA is terribly complicated and confusing. there are areas which look different every month I'm passing there, and there are areas which seem to be stuck in the old days. you can't see the big picture of the renovation effort, because the main problems remain the same after renovation: ceillings are too low, some walkways are too narrow, you still feel cramped even with shiny new walls, and neat new shopping arcades or coffee shops. also, you can't appreciate the new areas, because they're surrounded by older parts of the airport (it's like going through several airports) - you can see, terminal 1 was designed for considerably less people.
Exactly.
Terminal 1B has been completely rebuilt, inside out.
Terminal 1C has been completely expanded, far from being "small extensions here and there."
The arrival area of Terminal 1 has been completely gutted out and rebuilt.
Do not even mention Terminal 1A.

Quote:
Or I could visit the airport several times a year which I do, but still havn't seen anything major. Anyway, in two weeks from now, I have been invited to a behind the scenes tour of the airport. I'll get to see many places where normal folk don't get to pass through, and I'll ask our trustworthy guide what changes have actually been made.

Seriously though, if you can't even name the major interior changes, then it certainly doesn't prove me wrong.

Do you even live in Frankfurt?
You are simply wrong, but it is alright that you feel right about your "opinions."

Mix your opinions with your alleged frequent presence at FRA and your family does NOT turn your opinions into truth.

What FRA and ZRH have been going through infrastructure-wise is not "small extensions here and there."

For all you know, I could be from another galaxy visiting FRA everyday. I do not need to say anything about my family, my place of residence, my frequent-flyer status and my very special relationship with Fraport to point out someone else큦 comments on the "small extensions here and there" of FRA are just opinions.

Last edited by aab7772003; October 1st, 2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old October 1st, 2010, 05:33 PM   #205
Justme
Gotta lite?

No ball. Year, I have noticed some pier extensions. Big deal. The fact remains that the main hall is unchanged except for some minor cosmetics and most of the terminal looks almost the same as it was 10years ago.

The fact that you can't provide any photos to prove otherwise. This photo could be Terminal one in 2000 or 2010. It would look basically the same. If terminal 1 has been complete rebuilt then why does it still look like this?

Old October 1st, 2010, 06:43 PM   #206
aab7772003

Opinions/Imaginations:

Quote:
No ball. Year, I have noticed some pier extensions. Big deal. The fact remains that the main hall is unchanged except for some minor cosmetics and most of the terminal looks almost the same as it was 10years ago.

The fact that you can't provide any photos to prove otherwise. This photo could be Terminal one in 2000 or 2010. It would look basically the same. If terminal 1 has been complete rebuilt then why does it still look like this?

Facts:

Quote:

Quote:
Exactly.
Terminal 1C has been completely expanded, far from being "small extensions here and there."
Old October 1st, 2010, 11:46 PM   #207
Gertrud

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
which construction site do you mean? all the construction at pier a plus belongs to pier a plus.
i mean the y-shaped part of terminal 1. you can see two cranes on the aerial i quoted the day before yesterday.
Gertrud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:25 AM   #208
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4250

The main hall of terminal 1 is actually quite nice. Don't think it will visually change that much even when all renovation of Terminal 1 is finished. The major visual changes of ther main hall area that come to my mind are the shopping area, restaurants and the underground area. Other changes might be of a more technical nature such as new airconditioning system, security, electrical etc.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:48 AM   #209
Justme
Gotta lite?

:LOL: aab7772003, one can not claim "fact" just by writing that word. It doesn't do your intelligence any justice.

The others responding to my point have posted far more reasonable discussions and debates. You just write nonsence.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 01:12 AM   #210
Sean Yves

Likes (Received): 22

@ gertrud: the site you probably mean is part of the reconstruction of pier b. the refurbishment of its two "stars" is a major part of this project. the site on the pic you've quoted belongs to the eastern star.

Source: Fraport

construction works on the western star are already completed.

Source: Carsten Blmel

mb92, Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by Sean Yves; October 2nd, 2010 at 01:17 AM.
Sean Yves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 01:20 AM   #211
aab7772003

Quote:
:LOL: aab7772003, one can not claim "fact" just by writing that word. It doesn't do your intelligence any justice.

The others responding to my point have posted far more reasonable discussions and debates. You just write nonsence.
What you wrote simply betrays your intelligence. Basically the posts of everybody here have betrayed your "small extensions here and there" LIE. I actually QUOTED facts.

Here is your "nonsense" lie:
Quote:
Exactly.
Fraport and Lufthansa together have done a fantastic job to remodel such a busy terminal with very minimal disruptions. Such well executed long-term renovation plans have become someone else큦 unintelligent "small extensions here and there" NONSENSE, unfortunately.

It is funny how people entertain such ridiculous expectations of people not reacting to their ridiculous claims.

Last edited by aab7772003; October 2nd, 2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 01:56 AM   #212
Justme
Gotta lite?

On one side, your devotion to Frankfurt airport is so intense, it's almost like that of a lost Apple fanboy, yet on the other side, I wonder if you have even been through it.

You keep writing that you post "facts", but the "facts" you post are nothing more than your own thoughts. It is a little sad when one believes their own thoughts constitute facts for the wider world to believe.

Still awaiting your photos of how the interior of the terminals have changed so drastically.

The others have posted interesting photos and discussions relating to the gates and wings, but your claim that the terminal main hall has been "completely rebuilt inside and out" still has no validation. You refuse to post photos of the changes, because no significant changes in the main hall has been made.

I am still pondering if you have ever visited the airport, or at least in any frequent manner.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 03:32 AM   #213
aab7772003

Quote:
On one side, your devotion to Frankfurt airport is so intense, it's almost like that of a lost Apple fanboy, yet on the other side, I wonder if you have even been through it.
Actually, I wonder whether you have been through the airport with all your stories. It is more like I am intensively shocked by your lies.

To you the check-in hall is the entire terminal while:

Quote:
Go to flickr and find whatever photos of FRA you want and then tell authors of the photos about your drugged up imagination of the airport.

Go take the special Fraport tour and repeat "small extensions here and there" claim nonstop; everyone else on the tour would just think that you are pathetically sad. You are pathetically sad even on here with your request for the candid photos you desperately want to spare you from being accused a liar. You contribute nothing but lies to this thread.

However, you have done a terrific job to describe your behavior on here:

Quote:
It is a little sad when one believes their own thoughts constitute facts for the wider world to believe.
Congratulations!

Last edited by aab7772003; October 2nd, 2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 05:01 AM   #214
Justme
Gotta lite?

Ah, I am such a liar

aab7772003, Frankfurt airport is just soooo important to me that I must construct lies.

"Liar, Liar, Pants on fire!"...

It's quite amazing how seriously you take this. A debate on an airport renovation where you get so worked up. How does something like this become so important to you? What snaps in your mind I wonder?

Anyway, Frankfurt airport is not far from Kln, so pop over and take a fresh look for yourself.

Last edited by Justme; October 2nd, 2010 at 07:12 AM.
Justme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 02:01 PM   #215
aab7772003

Quote:
You are putting my honesty at question here?
Quote:
It's quite amazing how seriously you take this. A debate on an airport renovation where you get so worked up. How does something like this become so important to you? What snaps in your mind I wonder?
It is very obvious WHAT "snapped" your mind and WHAT got you "so worked up."

Question:
Quote:
And please explain why that is? What part of that short post of mine could make you jump to such conclusions?
I wonder who is really so worked up here. Basically the following lie is "so important" for you to hold on to and you keep posting just to defend yourself for it.

Answer:
Quote:
... I have never noticed any changes. 10 years of renovations and nothing obvious to see from it.
Quote:
The fact remains that the main hall is unchanged except for some minor cosmetics and most of the terminal looks almost the same as it was 10years ago.
Quote:
To you the check-in hall is the entire terminal ...
http://photos.travelblog.org/Photos/...-airport-1.jpg

Very well said about yourself...

Quote:
Ah, I am such a liar

aab7772003, Frankfurt airport is just soooo important to me that I must construct lies.

"Liar, Liar, Pants on fire!"...
Quote:
... so pop over and take a fresh look for yourself.
In fact, I will do just that very soon without bothering my grandmother and flaunting my "special relationship" with Fraport.

It is very obvious to see why Justme has to continue the whole bitch fest he started because he must defend the following:

Quote:
... I have never noticed any changes. 10 years of renovations and nothing obvious to see from it.
Compare a photo taken in 2004...
http://www.airliners.net/photo//0651...f3add9b1bc61bd
with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Yves View Post

Source: Carsten Blmel

In addition, in reality...
Quote:
BTW, the completely new Terminal 1C check-in area, defined as "small extensions here and there" by Justme:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasbecker/4547699966/
More photos of Terminal 1C here:
http://www.fraport.com/cms/presse_ce...facilities.htm

Last edited by aab7772003; October 2nd, 2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:21 PM   #216
Justme
Gotta lite?

LOL, Thanks for the photos, but no, sorry, I only see minor renovations there for the terminal as a whole. At least we can see that we have different ideas on what constitutes major renovations or a complete overhaul. The last link you show provides lots of photos which also show a great deal of the terminal has no major changes. But wow, you are one worked up person. Are you like this in real life to real people or just when hiding behind a computer screen?

You really need to seriously chill out a bit Open up a bottle of wine and wind down a bit.

What I love so much is your use of the word "lie". It's as if you believe there are people out there were personal vendetta's to Frankfurt airport that would lie about something like renovation. LOL. Some of us really don't care that much.

aab7772003, I really don't care. It's seems quite obvious that you have a real personal attachment to Frankfurt Airport, to the point where you take it unnaturally personal when someone comments on the renovations that have taken place there. What you fail to understand is that other people couldn't really care less.

Relax a bit, and don't get so wired up over little insignificant things. It won't do your heart any good. Life is far too short aab7772003 to get so worked up about nothing.

Last edited by Justme; October 2nd, 2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 09:18 PM   #217
aab7772003

If you really did not care, you would not have started the lie.

The heart of the bitch fest started BY YOU is this:
Quote:
You are putting my honesty at question here?
You continued this bitch fest because

Quote:
... you believe there are people out there were personal vendetta's to Frankfurt airport that would lie about something like renovation.
If I really felt so passionate about FRA, I would have started this thread and posted before responding to YOUR
Quote:
nonsence
Quote:
Before it was:
Quote:
some small extensions here and there
Now it is:
Quote:
major renovations
IF
Quote:

Some of us really don't care that much.
Then there would be none of these:
Quote:
Also, if I really am mistaken, and that is certainly possible, please prove your point by showing before and after shots inside the terminals.
Quote:
Seriously though, please show interior photos of the grand rennovations and how it has changed in the last 10 years. I will honestly stand corrected if I can see any significant differences.
Quote:
Anyway, in two weeks from now, I have been invited to a behind the scenes tour of the airport. I'll get to see many places where normal folk don't get to pass through, and I'll ask our trustworthy guide what changes have actually been made.

Source: Carsten Blmel[/QUOTE]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasbecker/4547699966/

Quote:
pier a plus is adding a capacity of 6 million pax.

The pics simply expose your "nonsence."

Quote:
... I only see minor renovations there for the terminal as a whole.
What a ridicule of yourself:
Quote:
But wow, you are one worked up person. Are you like this in real life to real people or just when hiding behind a computer screen?
The exact advice you wrote for you only:
Quote:

You really need to seriously chill out a bit Open up a bottle of wine and wind down a bit.

Relax a bit, and don't get so wired up over little insignificant things. It won't do your heart any good. Life is far too short to get so worked up about nothing.

Last edited by aab7772003; October 2nd, 2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 09:58 PM   #218
Justme
Gotta lite?

Still worked up I see. Come on, wind down and stop getting so wound up. Frankfurt Airport simply can not be so important to you.

Sorry, but absolutely nothing you say can make me change my opinion. Any renovations I have seen at Terminal 1 in Frankfurt, I clearly rank in my opinion as minor and of no significant consequence. When you cry, it doesn't change this.

Anyway, I suggest we end this bickering here, lest the thread on Frankfurt Airport is ruined. We both have different opinions. You believe that Frankfurt Airport has made such ground breaking renovations in all area's inside and out that it is virtually unrecognisable from a few years ago, and I find that the renovations are insignificant and struggle to see any major differences.

Two different opinions. And at the end of the day, we can only have opinions regarding renovations.

Last edited by Justme; October 2nd, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 10:32 PM   #219
aab7772003

Quote:
Still worked up I see. Come on, wind down and stop getting so wound up. Frankfurt Airport simply can not be so important to you.

Sorry, but absolutely nothing you say can make me change my opinion. Any renovations I have seen at Terminal 1 in Frankfurt, I clearly rank in my opinion as minor and of no significant consequence. When you cry, it doesn't change this.

Anyway, I suggest we end this bickering here, lest the thread on Frankfurt Airport is ruined. We both have different opinions. You believe that Frankfurt Airport has made such ground breaking renovations in all area's inside and out that it is virtually unrecognisable from a few years ago, and I find that the renovations are insignificant and struggle to see any major differences.

Two different opinions. And at the end of the day, we can only have opinions regarding renovations.
As I said, I am not even interested in you the person, I am just attracted to your LIES.

I was never interested in changing your mind; I am just pointing out that you lie.

Do not think even for a moment that you the person are so important, so much so I would cry over your lies labeled as opinions.

Quote:
If is you who are ruining this thread here. If you ever respond again to my post, it just shows that you are ruining this thread. Follow your suggestion.

Last edited by aab7772003; October 2nd, 2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 10:35 PM   #220
Justme
Gotta lite?

Quote:
As I said, I am not even interested in you the person, I am just attracted to your LIES.

I was never interested in changing your mind; I just point out that you lie.

Do not think even for a moment that you the person are so important, so much so I would cry over your lies labeled as opinions.

Tags
airport, european hub airport, frankfurt, frankfurt airport