daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Old February 1st, 2009, 05:51 PM   #1
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 253

CLUJ-NAPOCA - New Ion Moina (30,335)

CFM Universitatea Cluj-Napoca

1x Cup Winner:

City: Cluj-Napoca

Coat of Arms:

Location in Romania:

County: Cluj
Population: 317,953 ( city ) ; 352,646 ( metro )

The new "Ion Moina" stadium will have a capacity of 35.000 seats and will be built by the municipality. It will include a Hotel and maybe a Arena right next to the stadium that might host the Womens Baschet World Cup in 2013.
Also a urbanistic project to help the zone will be put into application as soon as the stadium will be finished.

Last edited by www.sercan.de; June 2nd, 2011 at 10:16 AM.
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 3rd, 2009, 05:18 PM   #2
brasil2014

Likes (Received): 3

I like so much the tower and the facade and roof. Looks wonderful! If Romania will be bid to Euro 2020, looks perfect to be host of the event.
brasil2014 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 02:09 AM   #3
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

Likes (Received): 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasil2014 View Post
I like so much the tower and the facade and roof. Looks wonderful! If Romania will be bid to Euro 2020, looks perfect to be host of the event.
I also like the tower, it's funny there are people who actually hate it. I guess it's a matter of taste.
alex_zebe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #4
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

The stadim is supposed to cost EUR 45 mil, including the office/hotel building beside it and a multifunctional hall/indoor arena.

Last edited by alex_zebe; May 2nd, 2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old April 13th, 2009, 10:59 PM   #5
Livno80101
studying

Likes (Received): 1

ugly, too big distance between stands and field, not compact at all, tower is unnecessary
Livno80101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 09:42 AM   #6
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

The space between the stands and the field is necessary, as the stadium will not be a football-only arena and it will have a track. There was another design, without any track which didn't look as good as this one.
The tower in my opinion is not a bad thing, it's the same for me with or without it. However, the tower makes the stadium a bit more special, as the design of the arena is pretty common.

Last edited by alex_zebe; May 2nd, 2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old April 15th, 2009, 03:23 AM   #7
Bobby3

Likes (Received): 15

I wish that more clubs in Eastern Europe would build stadiums without tracks. It would make the matches easier to watch and more fans would show up, meaning more revenue to make the leagues better.

It's a shame so many are built with the running tracks.
Bobby3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #8
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 253

The stadium is built by the municipality not by the club. Of course, everybody hopes less stadiums will have tracks .
The problem is not that the clubs are building stadium with tracks, CFR Cluj ( the other team of Cluj ) built a stadium with no track.
As the municipality paid all the money for the stadium, I guess its in they're interest to have a athletics track so they can host other events. As for the club ( Universitatea Cluj ), it has big financial problems and they are playing in the 2nd Division right now. But at least they're fan base is much larger then CFR in the city.
Anyway, at least the stadium will have 2 tiers so the view on the upper tier will be lets say, acceptable.
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #9
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

The construction is set to start in July and set to be completed in 2 years time. The exact capacity of the stadium is 30.596 seats, from which 29.648 at tiers and 948 in VIP boxes. The new stadium will have a 4* UEFA ranking.

The contract also includes a sports complex in nearby Jucu village (Cluj Metro), with a football training field, four tennis courts, four other-sports fields, a six storey, 120 rooms hotel, spa, fitness and treatment centres, and a lake.

As for the tracks, they're needed as this is a city arena, it's not a football only stadium. As Paul already said, there is another new stadium in the city -CFR Cluj's- with no tracks.

Last edited by alex_zebe; April 29th, 2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old April 30th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #10
ccfc-4-life
Play up Sky Blues

Likes (Received): 2

in one picture it looks like a golf putter, but nice looking stadium
ccfc-4-life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 11:10 AM   #11
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

The first two proposals for the stadium in Cluj.

UTCN - Romania

OHL - Spain

The first design won the bid due to the lower prices, but then it was modified to accomodate the tracks, and that's how it got to the final project.

Last edited by alex_zebe; May 1st, 2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old May 1st, 2009, 11:21 AM   #12
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

The area

Before the new stadium, with the Old Ion Moina.

After the building of the new stadium.
Old May 1st, 2009, 07:25 PM   #13
Fallen

Likes (Received): 309

I like the fact that in the scale model there are trees all around the stadium and that the area is green and nice. How much do you want to bet that there won't be any trees or vegetation planted there? Probably a lot of cement and some more parking spaces.
Or maybe my eyes don't work properly and those are not trees...
Fallen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 07:46 PM   #14
NEWWORLD

Likes (Received): 75

I like the project, it would be smart to put parking garages underground - might be more expensive, but definately well worth it to keep greenery around.

Отац Тадеј
NEWWORLD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 07:47 PM   #15
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
I like the fact that in the scale model there are trees all around the stadium and that the area is green and nice. How much do you want to bet that there won't be any trees or vegetation planted there? Probably a lot of cement and some more parking spaces.
Or maybe my eyes don't work properly and those are not trees...
I don't think either that new trees are going to be planted, but neither will trees be cut down for this project.
A good thing is that "Aleea Stadionului" (the street in the vecinity of the old stadium) will be closed for cars after the new stadium is built. It will be part of the park, as it was some decades ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWWORLD View Post
I like the project, it would be smart to put parking garages underground - might be more expensive, but definately well worth it to keep greenery around.
AKAIK, parking lots are going to be built underground. I'm gonna search some info about the parking spaces.

LE: There will be some 3000 parking places, from which 200 under the stadium. The others will be built near the multifunctional hall. It seems that no greenery will be touched.

Last edited by alex_zebe; May 1st, 2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:20 AM   #16
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

The old stadium...
http://onlinesport.ro/forum/showpost...&postcount=183

...and its demolishion.

Last edited by alex_zebe; May 2nd, 2009 at 01:25 AM.
Old May 5th, 2009, 01:43 PM   #17
mihai_alex

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_zebe View Post
The space between the stands and the field is necessary, as the stadium will not be a football-only arena and it will have a track. There was another design, without any track which didn't look as good as this one.
The tower in my opinion is not a bad thing, it's the same for me with or without it. However, the tower makes the stadium a bit more special, as the design of the arena is pretty common.
There are 2 sets of designs of the stadium and tower with this proposal,which one was chosen?the one with more cuts on the facade or the one with less?
mihai_alex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM   #18
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

The design with the rectangular tower and less cuts on the facade was chosen, in my opinion the best looking. I wasn't really fond of the triangular tower.

This one...

Instead of this one.

Last edited by alex_zebe; May 5th, 2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old May 5th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #19
mihai_alex

Likes (Received): 8

I like it better too.
mihai_alex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:37 PM   #20
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_zebe View Post
The construction is set to start in July and set to be completed in 2 years time. The exact capacity of the stadium is 30.596 seats, from which 29.648 at tiers and 948 in VIP boxes. The new stadium will have a 4* UEFA ranking.

The contract also includes a sports complex in nearby Jucu village (Cluj Metro), with a football training field, four tennis courts, four other-sports fields, a six storey, 120 rooms hotel, spa, fitness and treatment centres, and a lake.

As for the tracks, they're needed as this is a city arena, it's not a football only stadium. As Paul already said, there is another new stadium in the city -CFR Cluj's- with no tracks.
The construction of the sports complex near Cluj costs about 36 mil. euro. The media here says that the new sports hall (7.000 places) that is going to be built next to the stadium costs 64 mil. euro. That's way more than the stadium.

Last edited by alex_zebe; August 9th, 2009 at 02:43 PM.

Tags
romania, soccer, transylvania