search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 26th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #721
lukas75

Likes (Received): 0

in the last picture of gombos i cant see where is the parking lots for the stadium and for the polyvalent arena ???
is any mall / market in the area when you can leave the car ?
lukas75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #722
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

Likes (Received): 308

Well, there are 303 parking places under the stadium and more than 400 will be built under the new hall. In addition, there are the parking spaces next to the old sports hall, which is very close. And, if you want more, there are 2 parkings, both of about 400 places, within 10 minutes of walking.

However, the public transport in the area is pretty developed, with tram (infrastructure that's being updated these days, with new tracks and trams to be used) and bus lines to every single corner of the city. I hope people will choose this option of getting to sport events.
alex_zebe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #723
Gombos

Likes (Received): 536

Last edited by Gombos; August 28th, 2011 at 11:45 AM.
Gombos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #724
El Doctore
Geek with a gun

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by butar_sebastian View Post
Well I would say ARE YOU KIDDING US!!??!?!?! Seriously... How can U even think it will remain like that? But considering that we are a nation of being better on speaking our conationals in a bad manor, I can think that someone thinks like you. Sorry but I am stuned about some guys here...
You're trying to be a smartass, but you failed miserably. So if you know everything, then explain how would they fix that??? And plese don't tell me they will just put a fence there....lol

Other thing, I still don't understand why this shape, any designer can light us up. I don't see any logic behind this uneven and unaesthetic shape:

El Doctore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #725
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

This is the answer to your first question.

And, about the second one, people already told you the architecs were constrained by space when they designed the stadium, and I think they did a helluva job using the compromises they had to do in their advantage. The stadium is now a unique one, doesn't resemble much any other one in the world.

It's unaesthetic for your taste, you should mention that. Because others like it.

Old August 29th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #726
Evil78

Likes (Received): 1409

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Doctore View Post
You're trying to be a smartass, but you failed miserably. So if you know everything, then explain how would they fix that??? And plese don't tell me they will just put a fence there....lol

Other thing, I still don't understand why this shape, any designer can light us up. I don't see any logic behind this uneven and unaesthetic shape:
You are being ridiculous.
...So what is a "logical" shape of a stadium??? You should create a new domain or write a book, called "Logical shapes for stadium builders".

Jesussss... some people must have a very miserable life. Get a girlfriend, or go out for a beer, or something......
Evil78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #727
butar_sebastian

As an structural engineer I would say, I could came up with lot's of solutions for closing that gap, they'll use probably the fence, because it's cheaper and easier to mount it. In other order, I would say that putting a wall there, it would confine the space, and would create disconfort for the people that would have sits right on the edge.
To reply to the fact that I was a "smartass", I'm telling you this, when I write here I talk because I know what I'm saying and if not I ask questions. But in this case, I was underlineing the fact that It's a joke to think that the constructor, following of course the construction plans made up by the architects in first place and structural engineers in the second, would leave a gap there. It's first ca matter of people safety and nobody is that stupid in a such expensive project to fail to obtain the safety certificate, that will allow the beneficiary to use it's own stadium because something like that. I haven't gave you any solution because, as you have seen some people have seen the obvious.
In case of the shape, it's a matter of architecture design, thinking, natural light coming into the stadium, wind and especially in this case space. This project was confined by space, and not to forget by the running track, which was a startup stone in making the stadium design. Yes maybe they were able to find a better solution, but this one was selected and was selected by several others for sure. When ca company wins a designing contest, in this case the design contract, they had to came up to not one, but several solution which where discussed before arriving to this one. It's easy to speak when you know nothing about what undergoes a project of this scale and money. This one in Cluj is an example of showing that us, speaking as a nation, we can design and construct something beautiful and probably that will be in schedule as building time. Plus that the majority of the materials are made right here in our country. So I would say wait for the final product and then make observations.
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #728
COD

Likes (Received): 1294

Beautiful and amazing sports complex. I'm sure that this is my favourite 30k+ seats stadium. Good job neighbours!
What are the final construction costs of the stadium?
COD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #729
Evil78

Likes (Received): 1409

Quote:
Originally Posted by COD View Post
Beautiful and amazing sports complex. I'm sure that this is my favourite 30k+ seats stadium. Good job neighbours!
What are the final construction costs of the stadium?
One of the lowest costs for a 30k+ stadium worldwide, not just in Europe. 35 million euros plus VAT(24%).

P.S. the 7.000 seater indoor hall next to the stadium (under construction now, as seen on the photos above) will cost aprox. 12 mill.€
Evil78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #730
crashu

Likes (Received): 21

El Doctore... Just go to sleep.. You just can't se the beauty in it and you just have to find something that must be rong.. It must be verry frustrating for you to see that we can also have verry good stadiums..
You are just one of that people that couldn't do anything with their life so they blame others for their impotence. If something is black you say 'why is it not white?', if it was white you would have saied , why is it not black?

News flash my friend, many people actualy like that kind of arhitecture.. But if the roof would be united you probably would have saied that the stadium is to borring
Noi suntem romani, noi suntem romani/Noi suntem pe veci aici stapani/Hai, romani,lumea ne vede/Romania-n noi se-ncrede/Ca de-acum romanu-n lume/Va fi vrednic de-al sau nume/Noi suntem romani, noi suntem romani/Noi suntem urmasi de-ai lui Traļan.
crashu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:15 AM   #731
lukas75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil78 View Post
One of the lowest costs for a 30k+ stadium worldwide, not just in Europe. 35 million euros plus VAT(24%).

P.S. the 7.000 seater indoor hall next to the stadium (under construction now, as seen on the photos above) will cost aprox. 12 mill.€
HERE IS THE REASON

http://www.stiridecluj.ro/politic/ui...oasta-calitate

"We received complaints and information last month about the quality of works in Cluj Arena stadium and to certain work to be performed and were not executed. There must be full transparency about the investment made ​​with public money, and I ask this week President Concisliului County Cluj, Alin Tise, to provide details about cost of Cluj Arena. There are suspicions that they used poor quality materials, cheaper than those provided in the project, "
It is very serious if they used poor quality materials that while maintenance costs will increase and all taxpayers will have to pay,"
lukas75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:28 AM   #732
crashu

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas75 View Post
HERE IS THE REASON

http://www.stiridecluj.ro/politic/ui...oasta-calitate

"We received complaints and information last month about the quality of works in Cluj Arena stadium and to certain work to be performed and were not executed. There must be full transparency about the investment made ​​with public money, and I ask this week President Concisliului County Cluj, Alin Tise, to provide details about cost of Cluj Arena. There are suspicions that they used poor quality materials, cheaper than those provided in the project, "
It is very serious if they used poor quality materials that while maintenance costs will increase and all taxpayers will have to pay,"
Astea sunt povesti de adormit copiii... Jocuri politice.. Nu stiu pentru ce ai postat porcaria asta de articol... (Probably the article is not true.. just some political mud battle)
Noi suntem romani, noi suntem romani/Noi suntem pe veci aici stapani/Hai, romani,lumea ne vede/Romania-n noi se-ncrede/Ca de-acum romanu-n lume/Va fi vrednic de-al sau nume/Noi suntem romani, noi suntem romani/Noi suntem urmasi de-ai lui Traļan.
crashu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:47 AM   #733
CristianROU

lukas75..inceteaza sa postezi toate prostiile
CristianROU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #734
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

By Andrei Mihai Vacar.

Old September 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #735
FREEk01

What is the distance between CFR's stadium and "U"'s one.
Now after i've seen this photo i like Cluj Arena more, it's just beautiful arhitecture...
FREEk01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #736
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 262

If the CFR Stadium would be completed with all 4 corners + roofs it would look quite stylish like a Highbury, Liege where we played Germany or Charleroi against England, both at Euro 2000.
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #737
Gombos

Likes (Received): 536

Last edited by Gombos; September 8th, 2011 at 02:05 PM.
Gombos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #738
tperebiynis
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

not bad at all
tperebiynis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #739
RomaniaTricolor

Likes (Received): 6

Hello, Cluj folks. Your beautiful new stadium needs a few hundreds black chairs "sprinkled" here and there... ) I know, not a good idea when is too sunny but it's worthing.
P.S. since my beloved Universitatea Craiova is gone I will be present - look for the extraterrestrial in "alb-albastru" - at the inauguration and cheer for "U" Cluj, my new favorite team.
RomaniaTricolor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #740
El Doctore
Geek with a gun

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil78 View Post
You are being ridiculous.
...So what is a "logical" shape of a stadium??? You should create a new domain or write a book, called "Logical shapes for stadium builders".

Jesussss... some people must have a very miserable life. Get a girlfriend, or go out for a beer, or something......
Again, you are just a rude smartass, and you deserve total ignorance.

At least Sebastian explained some of the stuff. But please Sebastian, I think architects could come with a better solution of uniting the "tribuna I" with "peluza I or II". And yes, I am a Product Designer with licence myself, that's why I am a little uncomfortable with the stiff, uneven lines and symmetry between "peluze" and "tribuna I"...
Btw, why this hate for people that have other opinions than others, or is a MUST for this forum to say: ""WOW, what a beautiful, nice stadium; superb stadium:; beautiful design, etc, etc ??? hmm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianROU View Post
lukas75..inceteaza sa postezi toate prostiile
De unde sti tu ca sunt prostii?? Nu traiesti in Romanika??

Last edited by El Doctore; September 10th, 2011 at 05:11 PM.
El Doctore no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
romania, soccer, transylvania