daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Old December 15th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #81
SubZ3r0

Likes (Received): 0

I hope so because the track takes the visibility away from spectators
SubZ3r0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 15th, 2009, 06:21 PM   #82
SubZ3r0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurt/2 View Post
Of course! They're either commie nostalgics, athletics fans (meaning the athlets themselves and parts of their families) or simply "oameni de bine", as you put it!

PS: "Oameni de bine" is actually imposible to translate in english.
haha

you certainly need to have brain difficulties to be a commie nostalgic

I don't have anything against athletic fans but why they need stands for 30 thousand people for this sport?

"oameni de bine" mots-a-mots would translate "people for good"
Old December 15th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #83
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

Likes (Received): 230

Quote:
Yes, I do. Just look at what's going on at Stuttgart's main stadium right now!...
That's just what I've been thinking the last weeks. Romania will most probably bid for an Euro within the next years and Moina's capacity will have to be increased. And Stuttgart's stadium is a great example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZ3r0 View Post
haha

you certainly need to have brain difficulties to be a commie nostalgic

I don't have anything against athletic fans but why they need stands for 30 thousand people for this sport?

"oameni de bine" mots-a-mots would translate "people for good"
Most elder people in Romania are in one way or another commie nostalgics. This is the mentality here, sadly, I don't think it involves any brain difficulties.

Last edited by alex_zebe; December 15th, 2009 at 09:00 PM.
alex_zebe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:43 PM   #84
dorin_zlx

Stadionul Ion Moina nu este stadionul unui anumit club de fotbal, este stadionul municipalitatii, facut din bani publici, e normal sa aibe o pista de atletism pentru ca nu e un stadion exclusiv construit pentru o anumita echipa de fotbal, de unde si numele de Ion Moina, care era un atlet nu un fotbalist. Unde vrei sa se desfasoare sportivii din atletism in spatele blocurilor? Si oricum Romania este mai bine vazuta in afara tarii prin sporturile atletice decat prin fotbal. Cand o sa vina o echipa de fotbal sa-si faca stadion din bani proprii pe terenul propriu sa si-l faca cum vrea cu pista sau fara, cat timp e al municipalitatii e facut si pentru alte sporturi.
dorin_zlx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM   #85
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

Oh dear...This has been discused before.

1. The National Stadium is also being built by the state, and it doesn't have a running track. And Lia Manoliu was not a football player, she was an athlete.

2. If you have been to Cluj you would know that there is a park in the vecinity of the stadium, with running tracks, swimming pools, tennis courts, rugby, football and minifootball fields, basketball, handball and even athletics halls. There's a place there for each sport.

3. If they decided to build it with tracks, I hope to see some international athletics competitions here. That would justify the building of the running tracks.

4. Still, it's a great thing they are actually buillding this, with or without a running track. There aren't many such examples in Romania.

Try to keep it English please, there are people reading who don't understand Romanian.

Last edited by alex_zebe; December 16th, 2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old December 16th, 2009, 04:56 PM   #86
Kidu
Arădean

Likes (Received): 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorin_zlx View Post
Stadionul Ion Moina nu este stadionul unui anumit club de fotbal, este stadionul municipalitatii, facut din bani publici, e normal sa aibe o pista de atletism pentru ca nu e un stadion exclusiv construit pentru o anumita echipa de fotbal, de unde si numele de Ion Moina, care era un atlet nu un fotbalist. Unde vrei sa se desfasoare sportivii din atletism in spatele blocurilor? Si oricum Romania este mai bine vazuta in afara tarii prin sporturile atletice decat prin fotbal. Cand o sa vina o echipa de fotbal sa-si faca stadion din bani proprii pe terenul propriu sa si-l faca cum vrea cu pista sau fara, cat timp e al municipalitatii e facut si pentru alte sporturi.
Although I prefer football stadiums strictly dedicated in comparation with the olympic stadiums, I'm agree with you, this is the stadium of municipality not the stadium of "U" Cluj football club.
Old December 16th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #87
SubZ3r0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidu View Post
Although I prefer football stadiums strictly dedicated in comparation with the olympic stadiums, I'm agree with you, this is the stadium of municipality not the stadium of "U" Cluj football club.
excuse me but this doesn't have any logic, if this is the stadium of municipality then why didn't they make just a track without football pitch ? The football pitch for which team is done, not for the team of the city which is U Cluj ?
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #88
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

SubZ3r0, the stadium is not made strictly for U Cluj. The new Moina will be the city stadium and Universitatea will probably pay a rent for using the arena.
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #89
Kidu
Arădean

Likes (Received): 454

In the name of the God, how can you build a stadium without football field? Trust me, always if I need to choose from a Football Arena (British stadiums) and an Olympic Stadium (Olympia Stadium Berlin, Roma, Old stadium from Munich and so on) always I will prefer the first one but in this case we are out of discussion, this stadium is not paid by U Cluj. They can say "thank you" because they will play alone on that stadium and CFR have his stadium, otherwise they need to share this stadium. To much requesta from U Cluj side are not acceptable because not they need to put the conditions.
This is only the way how I saw the situation from Cluj.
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #90
SubZ3r0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_zebe View Post
SubZ3r0, the stadium is not made strictly for U Cluj. The new Moina will be the city stadium and Universitatea will probably pay a rent for using the arena.
The stadium is made for a football team right ? Otherise the football pitch would have no logic . And the football team of the city is U Cluj right ? Why did they had to do the track in these conditions ? From what I know there are already tracks in the city for athletics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidu View Post
In the name of the God, how can you build a stadium without football field? Trust me, always if I need to choose from a Football Arena (British stadiums) and an Olympic Stadium (Olympia Stadium Berlin, Roma, Old stadium from Munich and so on) always I will prefer the first one but in this case we are out of discussion, this stadium is not paid by U Cluj. They can say "thank you" because they will play alone on that stadium and CFR have his stadium, otherwise they need to share this stadium. To much requesta from U Cluj side are not acceptable because not they need to put the conditions.
This is only the way how I saw the situation from Cluj.
you can't ... even if the stadium is not paid by U Cluj they are the team of the city and the reason why the stadium it's being built.
Old December 16th, 2009, 06:21 PM   #91
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

Quote:
The stadium is made for a football team right ?
No, it's not built for a particular football team. In theory, anybody with money to rent the stadium could use it.

Quote:
And the football team of the city is U Cluj right?
There are three major football clubs in Cluj, Universitatea, CFR and Sanatatea.

Last edited by alex_zebe; December 16th, 2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old December 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM   #92
scurt/2
rakastan sisua!

Likes (Received): 31

Well, I think there is a major flaw in the judgement of those arguing that the athletics track is needed because the stadium is built by the municipality and not by some football club, whatever that one would be.

The flaw: You never build a stadium to accomodate as many sports as possible. This is not lucrative and most of all this is not reasonable. For instance, think about a baseball arena in US (built by local authorities) that would be "blessed" with athletics track. Everybody would give in, isn't it?

So you have to build a stadium keeping in your mind the real reason for you're doing this. And then you have to focus on that, right? In our case (Cluj-Napoca) the stadium shall be used at full capacity ONLY at football events (U.Cluj & Romanian National Football Team mainly). Who might even think about more then 1000 viewers (at most) for some lousy athletics event in Romania?

Ok, let's say there would be some hocus-pocus and Cluj-Napoca gets a major international athletic event. I can't imagine more than 10.000 people showing up to see it live (that would really be a miracle!). Which is less than a third the capacity of the new stadium.

So what are we talking about? Instead of constructing a modern football (& rugby?) only arena - as everybody does today throughout the "soccer-world", we come up with pathetic excuses/arguments to build from scretch an expansive out-of-fashion stadium just beacuse hypothetically we might have a once in a year international athletics event which might draw some 10000 people to the new venue... In other words, we sacrifice 20-25 football games each year just for the fun of something minor that could be once in a year.

Honestly, this is a sample of pure, sheer, utter and ultimate stupidity in every language of this beautiful world.

The "mighty" athletics events could've been easely accomodated on a new 2000-3000 seater Athletics Arena, next to the Football Stadium, at the very same setting and thus everyone would have been happy!
scurt/2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #93
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

That leaves us hoping that Romania would bid for an Euro in the near future and that Moina's capacity will have to be increased. And the simplest solution would be by giving up the tracks.

But for now the stadium as it will be is more than ok. Would have been better without the tracks, true that, but lets remember there are only 2 stadiums that are being built from scratch in Romania, and that's the new National Stadium and the new Ion Moina. So, for now, new is good.

And another thing. Changing mentalities is hard and takes a lot of time. There would have been lots of people complaining if the stadium would have been built without tracks.

Quote:
The "mighty" athletics events could've been easely accomodated on a new 2000-3000 seater Athletics Arena, next to the Football Stadium, at the very same setting and thus everyone would have been happy!
The very same setting is impossible, as there will be a new 7.000 multifunctional arena (construction to start next year) next to the stadium. But there is a sports park some 200 meters further (basically the same place), with everything one sports enthusiast would need.

BTW, the two big stadiums of the city.

Last edited by alex_zebe; December 17th, 2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old December 17th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #94
SubZ3r0

I can't see how it's possible to build stands over tracks in this design

Old December 17th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #95
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

If they decide to do this, stands won't be built literally over the track, but under it. Such projects involve digging and placing the pitch lower, so that a new tier can be added.

A fast sketch I made:

Last edited by alex_zebe; December 17th, 2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old December 19th, 2009, 01:55 PM   #96
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

A couple of new photos with the project.

Old December 19th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #97
parazitus

[QUOTE=SubZ3r0]The stadium is made for a football team right ? Otherise the football pitch would have no logic . And the football team of the city is U Cluj right ? Why did they had to do the track in these conditions ? From what I know there are already tracks in the city for athletics.

Cum adică, terenul de fotbal n-are logică, te referi la gazon? Atunci aruncarea suliţei şi aruncarea ciocanului cum ar fi desfăşurate? Discul? Numai fotbal aveţi în cap şi daca s-ar construi un stadion de 3000 de locuri pentru atletism aţi sări să spuneţi că Stade de France are şaptej de mii, că românii sunt delăsători. Aştept sala de 8000, sper că va fi cu tribune fixe, nu cu tot felul de giumbuşlucuri de tras şi retras.
Old December 19th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #98
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

Why aren't modular stands good? My opinion is that (not quite my opinion, but a general one), for example, a tennis or a basketball court requiers less space than a handball court. Then why have all that free space, basically not used for anything, when a tennis match is being played and not fill it up with stands? Thus increasing the capacity during a tennis or basketball match from 7.000 to, lets say, 8.000.
Old December 19th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #99
parazitus

pentru că nu vor veni 8000 de inşi la baschet, dar în primul rând n-ar mai fi vizibilitatea prea bună la handbal, neexistând tribune până la nivelul parchetului. la camp mond din china erau tribunele retrase, fiind 200 de insi pe 6000 de locuri... şi era un spaţiu măricel intre teren şi primele rânduri.
Old December 19th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #100
alex_zebe
[ro] [/ro]

There are more basketball fans in Cluj than handball fans. So I would say there would more attending basketball matches than handball.
We'll see, they didn't mention a lot about the new sports hall yet. The construction starts in 2010, so I guess they'll have to let go of some more information sooner or later.

Iti raspund in engleza pentru ca sunt multi straini care citesc threadul asta . Inclusiv cel caruia i-ai raspuns initial, despre care nu cred ca e roman.

Last edited by alex_zebe; December 19th, 2009 at 10:04 PM.

Tags
romania, soccer, transylvania