daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 8th, 2006, 07:10 PM   #361
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18174

By "[email protected]" from a Hong Kong transport forum :

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2006, 01:39 AM   #362
matt_

Likes (Received): 29

hello

i dont know if this is exactly the right place to ask...but... i'm a big hk fan from poland ..and i'm searching for videos/movies showing just an ordinary bus travels on their routes in hk - like these two:

http://video.google.com/*********?do...76659354136416

http://video.google.com/*********?do...99250449527375

do you know where can i find more of these ? the natransit.com web page doesn't seem to host anything regarding hk transportation anymore..

great thanks for any help
matt_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 05:51 AM   #363
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_
hello

i dont know if this is exactly the right place to ask...but... i'm a big hk fan from poland ..and i'm searching for videos/movies showing just an ordinary bus travels on their routes in hk - like these two:

do you know where can i find more of these ? the natransit.com web page doesn't seem to host anything regarding hk transportation anymore..

Yes, natransit.com has been down for a few months due to hosting issues. I've been urging the webmaster to put it back online but he's really busy lately. He should read this post and start fixing .

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old April 11th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #364
HKT

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_
hello

Hi Matt,

I'm actually the one who uploaded those videos to Google. And yes, I was one of the member of NA Transit. I still continue to do video shootings today but I don't post them often. One problem is the limited bandwidth. It's good that Google now offers something like that and thanks to hkskyline, he provides me additional bandwidth and storage.

I think NA Transit won't come back but I will still from time to time upload videos to Google and post some good videos on forums.
HKT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 01:27 AM   #365
elkram
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

doubledeckers needed here

For the city bus routes taking the expressways here, and as long as this city refrains from converting its commuter rail to rapid transit, doubledeckers ought to be undoubtedly choice here -- not too classy a city that thinks nothing of having lurching shoulder-to-shoulder bus passengers plying those routes most of the time. In the 1980s, the transit operator here tried out a few bendy/articulated busses on their busiest expressway route -- RUDE was what I made of that pilot project back then.....

Cheers,
Chris
elkram no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 05:28 AM   #366
hkskyline
Hong Kong

By "EnViRo500.LB6785" from a Hong Kong transport forum :

Old April 14th, 2006, 06:26 PM   #367
hkskyline
Hong Kong

By "在灣景的AM" from a Hong Kong transport forum :

Last edited by hkskyline; June 10th, 2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 09:52 PM   #368
hkskyline
Hong Kong

By "DN3681" from a Hong Kong transport forum :

Last edited by hkskyline; June 10th, 2006 at 10:17 PM.
Old July 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #369
hkskyline
Hong Kong

By ~24.350~ from a Hong Kong transport forum :

Old July 13th, 2006, 05:59 AM   #370
hkskyline
Hong Kong

By "snoopy" from a Hong Kong transport forum :

By "[email protected]" :

Old July 18th, 2006, 06:36 PM   #371
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Bus passenger dies after being thrown from top deck
Vehicle rams back of broken-down truck after switching lanes

18 July 2006
South China Morning Post

A passenger died after being thrown from the top deck of a bus in a three-vehicle crash in Kwai Chung yesterday.

Two other passengers were thrown out of the vehicle and badly hurt, and a further 18 suffered lesser injuries.

The Kowloon Motor Bus double-decker slammed into a container truck that had broken down in Kwai Chung Road at 10.30am. A second truck then hit the back of the bus. The crash broke open the front of the bus.

Siu Man-tin, 36, his sister Siu Man-sin, 46, and Cheng Ying-cheung, 52, were thrown from the bus and taken to Princess Margaret Hospital. The younger Siu died last night. The other two were listed as serious. Mr Cheng's eight-year-old son was also critically injured.

A 22-year-old woman was in stable condition in Yan Chai Hospital. The rest were discharged after receiving treatment.

KMB said the bus driver, 25, who was unhurt, was suspended from duties pending an internal investigation.

The Tuen Mun-bound bus was switching lanes on the five-lane Kwai Chung Road outside Container Terminal No4 when the accident occurred.

The pile-up disrupted traffic for more than two hours, with queues on Kwai Chung Road reaching back 1km to Mei Foo Sun Chuen.

"When the bus driver saw the container truck in front broken down in the second lane, he braked and swerved to its right, but ploughed into the right side of the truck," said Senior Inspector Kiang Kwok-ming, of New Territories South traffic unit.

He said the second truck failed to stop in time and slammed into the back of the bus.

The container truck driver, who was unhurt, said the crash happened about five minutes after his vehicle broke down. He said he had turned on the truck's hazard lights to alert other drivers.

"At the time of the incident, I was inside the cabin trying to contact a garage," he said. "Suddenly, there were two loud bangs and my truck shook badly.

"When I got out, I found three injured people lying on the road. They were thrown out from the upper deck of the bus. They suffered serious injuries and they were bleeding."

Another police officer at the scene said the windscreen and several seats were also thrown from the upper deck. "Some bus passengers were thrown out of their seats and others were bleeding from their heads or mouths after they were rammed into the seats in front of them," he said.

Superintendent Law King-fu said evidence suggested the bus driver did not watch the road carefully while changing lanes. He said the second truck was apparently following too close as well.

The site of the crash was not a traffic black spot, he said.

The bus, which was bought for about $2 million from Britain in 1999, passed its monthly inspection on July 1. It is among about 2,300 buses that do not have seat belts.

The KMB spokeswoman said 1,737 vehicles bought since 2001 are equipped with seat belts, but passengers are not required to wear them.

Old July 28th, 2006, 04:14 AM   #372
hkskyline
Hong Kong

By "五汽冠" from a Hong Kong transport forum :

By "EL7659" :

Old August 1st, 2006, 07:25 AM   #373
hkskyline
Hong Kong

KMB Strengthens the Bus Service for Hong Kong Science Park
KMB July Press Release

To provide a more convenient bus service for passengers travelling to Hong Kong Science Park, with effect from Monday, 24 July 2006, KMB will strengthen the service of Route 272S. From Mondays to Fridays except public holidays, five departures from Diamond Hill MTR Station to Hong Kong Science Park will be operated at 07:30, 08:00, 08:25, 08:30 and 08:45, while five departure from Hong Kong Science Park to Diamond Hill MTR Station will be operated at 18:10, 18:15, 18:25, 18:35 and 18:45. The departure times from Diamond Hill MTR Station to Hong Kong Science Park on Saturdays except public holidays will be revised at 07:30, 08:00, 08:30 and 08:45. The fare of Route 272S is $6.50.

Old August 1st, 2006, 07:47 AM   #374
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2615

The double decker bus is still one of the most common forms of public transportation in HK besides the metro and taxi

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 05:52 AM   #375
hkskyline
Hong Kong

ATV News Clip : Handover of CMB Routes to NWFB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjXJjy923FA

Old August 18th, 2006, 07:03 AM   #376
hkskyline
Hong Kong

By "四葉乂俊" from a Hong Kong transport forum :

By "EL6749" :

[/quote]

Old October 1st, 2006, 09:06 PM   #377
Kaitak747
EiGhT 5 & tWo

Likes (Received): 16

Old October 2nd, 2006, 03:42 AM   #378
sfgadv02

Likes (Received): 44

Are those the newest bus that will be going to the KMB?
Old October 2nd, 2006, 05:41 AM   #379
superchan7
EOS 40D

Likes (Received): 23

I saw pictures of this prototype on a Chinese-language forum. Seems like the reaction is quite negative.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 06:12 AM   #380
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Yes, I saw that bus from a UK showbus gallery. Quite a different look indeed.