daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation All about taking us higher

Old January 4th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #521
Dase

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
Who's they?
EK obviously, according to your own original posting.
Dase no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #522
dreamery
Girl of exhilaration

Likes (Received): 13

Some new impressions of the airport building under construction

Source and Copyright: Berlin Airports

mb92 liked this post
dreamery no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #523
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dase View Post
EK obviously, according to your own original posting.
I don't think EK will order an additional 30 A380's, and pending 50 options for the A350 until Germany open up Berlin, and Stuttgart.

German jobs are better off exporting billions to the UAE that pay for every thing in the end, instead of throwing billions, upon billions into the crumbling EU economy which they will never get back.

If its about jobs then the German/UAE trade balance is one sided in Germanys interest. I really don't think EK access to more German cities will hurt the German economy over all.

Whats also very important the German consummer will have a much better choice in the end.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #524
way of thinking

Likes (Received): 3

2011 statistics

24,033,456 passengers (+7,7%) accumulated in both airports: TXL 16,9 Mio (+12,6%) and SXF 7,1 Mio (-2,5%)
almost 243.000 aircraft movements
∅ 136 passengers/flight (2010: 133)
average load factor 72,6% (+1,5%)
31.000 tons cargo (+16,1%)
route towards MUC: 1.912.885 passengers (+5,2%)
towards FRA: 1.794.173 passengers (+11,4%)
towards LON: 1.362.771 passengers (+6,3%)
towards New York: 233.355 passengers (+12,0%)
within Europe: 14.834.183 passengers (+13,7%)
transfer passengers at Berlin Airports: 4,1% (2010: 3,4%, 2009: 1,7%)
way of thinking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #525
RustySword
Dąb Wolności

Likes (Received): 560

I'm gonna use this beautiful airopost in the future
RustySword no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #526
milkyy

Likes (Received): 1

Looks amazing!
milkyy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #527
Berlin.

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamery View Post
WOW i Love it .. looks awesome

mb92 liked this post
Berlin. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #528
Dr_Cosmo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 472

Future Fire Fighter Vehicle at BER

mb92 liked this post
Dr_Cosmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #529
Fabri88
Freedom 4 Syria&Iraq user

Location: Busto Arsizio - Lombardy - Padania [Northern Italy]
Likes (Received): 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
I don't think EK will order an additional 30 A380's, and pending 50 options for the A350 until Germany open up Berlin, and Stuttgart.

German jobs are better off exporting billions to the UAE that pay for every thing in the end, instead of throwing billions, upon billions into the crumbling EU economy which they will never get back.

If its about jobs then the German/UAE trade balance is one sided in Germanys interest. I really don't think EK access to more German cities will hurt the German economy over all.

Whats also very important the German consummer will have a much better choice in the end.
It all depends on Lufthansa and Air Berlin intentions!

For example, here in Italia we are struggling to see the 5th freedom of the air given to Singapore Airlines in order to operate Singapore - Milan Malpensa - New York JFK route. Former Italian government, and in particular former Infrastructures and Transports minister Altero Matteoli used always to hedge about it in order to protect Alitalia route (operated with an "embarassing to see" 5 x Week with A332). Singapore wants to place a daily flight between MXP and JFK (in the very beginning operating with B77W but, why not, in the future it could be A388). Now with the new government we are hoping that 5th freedom to SQ will be given. It would be a "crime" if not conceeded!

So, if Air Berlin and, overall, Lufthansa have the intention to build up a big network from Berlin I think that blocking Emirates it's a wise decision. If they only want to operate a bunch of flights like Alitalia in MXP I think Emirates should have to be allowed to operate to Berlin.

But if this happens a trouble would persist: Air Berlin has already declared to move all their flight to the UAE from DXB to AUH. UAE, as to do a spite to Germany, probably would not allow Lufthansa to fly to Dubai from Berlin so the German capital will be splitted, as the "Mauer" used to do, from one of the most important financial centre of the world.
ÉIRE (2004) • BELGIQUE/BELGIË (2011) • ESPAŃA (2011) • MAGYARORSZÁG (2x2012)

PRO PATRIA ET LIBERTATE 1919 - BUSTO ARSIZIO'S TIGERS AND PRIDE
Fabri88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #530
hmueller2

Likes (Received): 169

the wooden parts together with the red signs and the marble floor look awesome!
hmueller2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #531
cristof

Likes (Received): 31

when does it open? germany rocks
cristof no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #532
mk6127

Likes (Received): 0

Hello. How could I get to BER by a car? Will it be the same exit from autobahn as to Schoenefeld or different? I always go from Szczecin PL by A11 to 0km, heading to Frankfurt and on 53km turn to 113 north and several km's exactly to SXF. Will it be ok or not? And after opening BER will SXF be closed or still open for EU tracks?
mk6127 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #533
Dase

^ It will be a little more quick as you will exit a few kilometers earlier on the A113. The new exit is already in use.
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #534
hmueller2

Likes (Received): 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristof View Post
when does it open? germany rocks
3 June 2012
hmueller2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #535
Tricky

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6127 View Post
Hello. How could I get to BER by a car? Will it be the same exit from autobahn as to Schoenefeld or different? I always go from Szczecin PL by A11 to 0km, heading to Frankfurt and on 53km turn to 113 north and several km's exactly to SXF. Will it be ok or not? And after opening BER will SXF be closed or still open for EU tracks?

SXF will be closed once BER opens. However, if the airport authority ever wants to use the facilities or land currently used by SXF, they can do so (so no legal requirement to have SXF closed - but with BER the intent is to have everything under 1 roof!).
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #536
Rohne
Schwarzkutte

Likes (Received): 83

@Fabri88: SQ's upgauging SIN-FRA-JFK to A388, so it's very unlikely they will take use of these fifth freedom rights in the foreseeable future.

And concerning Germany - UAE traffic, I think you don't have any information about the bilateral. The current Germany-UAE bilateral is not far from Open Skies: the carriers are granted fifth freedom rights (many Open Skies agreements don't include this), and the carriers may fly from as many starting points in their own country as they want with as much capacity and frequency as they want. The only restriction is the number of destinations in the other country, being limited to 3 (EK was already granted HAM as a fourth German destination by an exception rule, and it's likely that EY is granted the same if they apply to). If the UAE want more, they should offer more in return (but besides DXB, AUH and SHJ, I don't see any more potential UAE destinations that could be interesting for German carriers).
In fact, AB tying up with EY will very likely hurt Berlin, as this will mean that AB will have to route nearly all of its asian traffic via AUH.
While there was a slim chance that we might see AB open up new routes to major Asian cities, or - with AB's integration into OneWorld - some Asian carriers like JQ/3K/AK, JL or even CX starting flights to Berlin, this scenario has become rather unlikely now.
The tie up additionaly means some kind of sidesteping the bilateral, as you might see AB flying from any major German city (except FRA, MUC, DUS and maybe HAM where Etihad flies to on its own) to AUH feeding EY's hub, so the restriction to 3/4 destinations isn't a problem any more for Etihad - but another argument for not extending the bilateral, which would only help EK but massively German carriers (there's no level playing field in the competition with UAE carriers).

Last edited by Rohne; January 8th, 2012 at 12:17 PM.
Rohne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #537
mk6127

Thank you Dase and Tricky. I will probably be there in 2nd week of June and I hope I'll not get lost there.
Old January 9th, 2012, 02:37 AM   #538
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 3496

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmueller2 View Post
the wooden parts together with the red signs and the marble floor look awesome!

+1
BER will have a very "warm" interior which will spread a cosy snugness to the visitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6127 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySword View Post
I'm gonna use this beautiful airopost in the future

Interesting. Two Poles planning to use BER. This is proof that BER could become an important airport for passengers from the three big Polish cities Stettin, Posen and Breslau!
All three have very good Autobahn connections to Berlin so the travel time to BER is short and comfortable.
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #539
Dase

^ Especially SXF already IS an important airport for Western Poland as can be spotted by the numerous minibusses and the parked cars with Polish numberplates. The joined airport operation, further growth and additional destinations that could otherwhise only be reached from the Western Polish airports by connecting somewhere will only raise the number.
Old January 9th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #540
mk6127

That's all beacuse SXF have a lot and good connections to UK. And this is the reason why I go there twice a year or more. I've got some friends in UK who comes to PL for holidays. The nearest airport for me is SZZ (ESPC), but there are connections only to Dublin.

I think I will park my car for many many hours and take a long walk on the airport.

Tags
airport, berlin