daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:19 PM   #161
HelloMoto163

Likes (Received): 65

Where are you from?
HelloMoto163 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #162
Turbosnail

Likes (Received): 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7772003 View Post
In fact, it is more like non-Berlin fans are sooo underwhelmed by the so-called progress Berlin has made and Berlin fans saying how well they realize Berlin is not the center of the universe yet finding every possible way to suggest that the city as one of those alpha global metropolis nonstop. It is NOT like other major wealthy German cities are at all envious of the situation Berlin is in, since they are actually preoccupied with their own major expansions. Germany is not a centralized country after all; other German cities are much more interested in benchmarking themselves with other cities overseas. Germans all over Germany actually expect to see "progress" in Berlin since they have paid so much money to finance the "progress."
waffle waffle waffle
Turbosnail no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #163
aab7772003

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosnail View Post
waffle waffle waffle
Berlin fans cannot take the reality check.
aab7772003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #164
HelloMoto163

yes..we cant understand YOUR curious reality. that isnt a serious discussion with you, you have only stupid arguments in your postings. thats a fact.
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:39 AM   #165
aab7772003

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMoto163 View Post
yes..we cant understand YOUR curious reality. that isnt a serious discussion with you, you have only stupid arguments in your postings. thats a fact.
Sure, I do have stupid arguments, NOT.

Everything is relative; your comments are in the same league with the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamery View Post
The girls are in Berlin more beautiful than in Munich or in Frankfurt, and of course my d... is the biggest one!!!

Could we stop this "bigger, better, higher discussion" and come back to the topic? I would be pleased about.
This thread is basically another "Everybody Loves Berlin" thread.
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #166
Luli Pop
BANNED

Likes (Received): 40

It reminds me Palma's airport
Luli Pop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:18 AM   #167
Luli Pop
BANNED

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Schwerdtner View Post
this airport looks boring .... and cheap. the design looks like "08/15" ...
From my point of view BBI looks veru elegant, timeless, classy, and above all very german.

It has a very clean design and rational, just watching the renders I could inmediatly notice it was a german airport.

others such as Barajas airport and many airports in "new rich" countries/cities look like Las Vegas to me, vulgar, watch-at-me, cheesy.
Luli Pop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #168
HelloMoto163

aab7772003

sure, all berlin threads in that forum are "everybody loves berlin threads"..do i have to apologize that im also from berlin?
its senseless do continue the discussion. there are two extremes which i dont like.
berlin hype and "berlin is soooo bad", you are not better than those who are the "fan boys".
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #169
aab7772003

Quote:
aab7772003

sure, all berlin threads in that forum are "everybody loves berlin threads"..do i have to apologize that im also from berlin?
its senseless do continue the discussion. there are two extremes which i dont like.
berlin hype and "berlin is soooo bad", you are not better than those who are the "fan boys".
If is you who thinks others say "Berlin is soooo bad" when others do not agree that "everybody loves Berlin."

Obviously, you do NOT find it senseless to continue the discussion because you started it once again.

The facts are:
-BBI will not be any kind of global intercontinental hub
-Berlin has not made that much "progress"
-Qantas will not rush to BBI

If you actually bother to exercise your intelligence, you will see the great different between the opinions of "Berlin is just average" and "Berlin is soooo bad."

You should excuse yourself for reacting so childishly to the fact that NOT "everybody loves Berlin."

Last edited by aab7772003; September 8th, 2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old September 8th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #170
HelloMoto163

Donīt exaggerate ; )

i dont expect people to fall in love with berlin.i accept if people dont like berlin. i also dont like all cities. thats ok.
and i agree with you only with the two points:

"-BBI will not be any kind of global intercontinental hub
-Qantas will not rush to BBI"

but the most posting of you in that thread are arrogant and unsubstantial.
ever been to berlin or germany?
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #171
aab7772003

Quote:
Donīt exaggerate ; )

i dont expect people to fall in love with berlin.i accept if people dont like berlin. i also dont like all cities. thats ok.
and i agree with you only with the two points:

"-BBI will not be any kind of global intercontinental hub
-Qantas will not rush to BBI"

but the most posting of you in that thread are arrogant and unsubstantial.
ever been to berlin or germany?
NOT as "arrogant" and especially "unsubstantial" as your posts.

It is too painful for you to seriously look into the yields of flights operating out of Berlin and the business model of Qantas.

Your supposedly "substantial" threads are all about your personal feelings about Berlin.

The day when Emirates sends its A380s to BBI will come. After all, Emirates loves Berlin and Berlin loves Emirates. To you, this relationship is arrogant and unsubstantial, so it seems.

Last edited by aab7772003; September 9th, 2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:05 AM   #172
way of thinking

Likes (Received): 3

Reading the summary of your posts it is quite obvious you are not from Germany, even not from Europe. Where are you from?
way of thinking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #173
aab7772003

Quote:
Originally Posted by way of thinking View Post
Reading the summary of your posts it is quite obvious you are not from Germany, even not from Europe. Where are you from?
Not someone from Fulda pretending the city to be as close to Frankfurt as Hanau is.

Check this thread out:
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/4908573/

I am not PanHAM, but he, I and Rohne (who has also posted responses in this thread) have the same opinions on BBI.

PanHAM is a German living in Germany.

I guess the new trick in this thread is to suggest someone who is not obsessed with Berlin and has done reality check on BBI an "Ausländer" since the view of "Everybody Loves Berlin" cannot be established and even held.

Last edited by aab7772003; September 9th, 2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old September 9th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #174
way of thinking

It is not about your opinion concerning BBI development, it is because you dive in your argumentation in comparisons, in attributes like better, bigger, higher without place for dialectic communication or even irony. I cannot remember one word written from you about the construction of the airport which matches the original topic of this thread. You like to write sentences on and on about the cultural scene in Germany and even more on a supposed inferiority complex of Berliners. But why? You obviously are an american expatriate, knowing Berlin not better as the avarage tourist? Or are I am wrong? I donīt know better because you never write something out of personal experience or arguments proved by referencies. How will you evaluate my relation to Frankfurt, only by the three words below my avatar? Do you call this serious argumentation?

In your argumentation is never place for other views. Thatīs why it is so difficult to have discussions with you. Iīd like to recommend a book of one of your compatriots, M.B. Rosenberg about nonviolent communcation.

And I also think you have a very personal perception of what the users in this thread are thinking about BBI. Nobody but you mentions BBI becoming a galactic gateway. It seems to be your personal crank. But after my perception the users in this thread donīt expect BBI becoming a kind of second Frankfurt hub in Germany. Most of the users are much more realistic but you always talk about Berlin megalomania. I donīt understand why?

You cannot stand the Berlin ego and illusions. Probably you donīt know Berlin very well. Maybe this ego and illusions are not so determining as you think. What is about your ego and your illusions? Are you the ultimate Mr. Knowitall, the only one who knows and your opinion developes into facts?
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #175
aab7772003

Quote:
It is not about your opinion concerning BBI development, it is because you dive in your argumentation in comparisons, in attributes like better, bigger, higher without place for dialectic communication or even irony. I cannot remember one word written from you about the construction of the airport which matches the original topic of this thread. You like to write sentences on and on about the cultural scene in Germany and even more on a supposed inferiority complex of Berliners. But why? You obviously are an american expatriate, knowing Berlin not better as the avarage tourist? Or are I am wrong? I donīt know better because you never write something out of personal experience or arguments proved by referencies. How will you evaluate my relation to Frankfurt, only by the three words below my avatar? Do you call this serious argumentation?

In your argumentation is never place for other views. Thatīs why it is so difficult to have discussions with you. Iīd like to recommend a book of one of your compatriots, M.B. Rosenberg about nonviolent communcation.

And I also think you have a very personal perception of what the users in this thread are thinking about BBI. Nobody but you mentions BBI becoming a galactic gateway. It seems to be your personal crank. But after my perception the users in this thread donīt expect BBI becoming a kind of second Frankfurt hub in Germany. Most of the users are much more realistic but you always talk about Berlin megalomania. I donīt understand why?

You cannot stand the Berlin ego and illusions. Probably you donīt know Berlin very well. Maybe this ego and illusions are not so determining as you think. What is about your ego and your illusions? Are you the ultimate Mr. Knowitall, the only one who knows and your opinion developes into facts?

Remember how "close" you claimed you are to Frankfurt in your earlier post?

Quote:
I live in the near of Frankfurt since I changed from Berlin in 2008. And I am also very often in Munich.
People living in Hesse really do not say that Fulda is really "close to" Frankfurt.

Only the posters who love Berlin to death have problem with my posts.

If you want references to the points I made, including my reference to Berlin and Emirates, go online and find them yourself.

Yes, the "Ausländer" trick is at work here. When HelloMoto163 and dreamery wrote about how awesome Berlin is, it is ok. The "average" or "8/15" tourists will only always say "oh Berlin is sooo awesome" and that will make you die-hard Berlin fans super happy. If I were some ignorant foreigner who is not living in Germany and who has never visited Germany, I would simply say "Awesome Berlin needs an awesome airport!"

Interestingly, here comes the "communication problem" trick. You guys try to make everyone feel "Berlin is wonderful." When you see some people simply cannot agree with your sentiments at all, you would respond by saying those people suffer from communication problem. To you Berlin fans, people who do not love Berlin are "violent."

How can anyone actually quantify and verify your actual knowledge of Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich just by your simple claim of you having lived in all three?

Do not worry, many more Australian tourists will come to Berlin via LHR, FRA, etc. Sure, Qantas mainline will finally land at BBI/BER as QF XXXX operated by Air Berlin. There are many Americans living in Berlin loving Berlin for what it really is, chat them up and hear them telling you how much they LOVE Berlin nonstop.

Last edited by aab7772003; September 10th, 2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #176
way of thinking

My quote
Quote:
I live in the near of Frankfurt since I changed from Berlin in 2008. And I am also very often in Munich.
was transformed in your
Quote:
People living in Hesse really do not say that Fulda is really "close to" Frankfurt.
That is why I was writing you are construing your argumentation from the three words below my avatar. Be carefull. I am almost as often in Frankfurt as I am in Fulda.

Quote:
If you want references to the points I made, including my reference to Berlin and Emirates, go online and find them yourself.
I am not writing about Emirates desire to fly to BER and STR. But what is the fundament for such of your statements like yours:
Quote:
There are many Germans who just want Berlin to be great (and glorious) once again purely based on emotional ground. Often these Germans just love to make those groundless claims on how soulless and dirty Frankfurt is and how provincial Munich is.
I cannot find in this thread any quotations (at least at the last months) which gives rise to such sentences. It seems to me to be your personal crank. The same with:
Quote:
Yes, the "Ausländer" trick is at work here. When HelloMoto163 and dreamery wrote about how awesome Berlin is, it is ok. The "average" or "8/15" tourists will only always say "oh Berlin is sooo awesome" and that will make you die-hard Berlin fans super happy. If I were some ignorant foreigner who is not living in Germany and who has never visited Germany, I would simply say "Awesome Berlin needs an awesome airport!"
Who ever in this thread has written Berlin is so awesome and that the sun is shining brighter in Berlin somewhere else. The only one are you, arenīt you?

Quote:
Interestingly, here comes the "communication problem" trick.
No trick at all, it is the wish for more empathy in this discussion, not always painting black and white. Sentences like "on the one hand... and on the other hand". Differntiation between personal opinion and facts. Do you understand? It is not a trick to kick you out of the thread, I am interested in a discussion with you in a friendly atmosphere with mutual esteem.

And back to the topic: Do you have to say something about the construction of the airport? Not debauching in comparisons that other airports will offer more direct intercontinental connections. Your own impression of the airport construction would be interesting for me. What do you think about the one roof concept, the architectural style, ...?

Last edited by way of thinking; September 10th, 2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #177
Dase

Likes (Received): 61

What a lame discussion. That guy from 2003 is obviously a Frankfurter or from Munich, they regulary seem to have the biggest problems with Berlin. Seems to be his personal short-dick-syndrome. That's what you get when you plant skyscrapers into a medium-sized city. So please, aab7772003, refrain from shoving up your general humble opinion about who likes Berlin how much into a thread that is called "Berlin Capital Airport (BBI) Construction".

Way of thinking already summed it up very well:

Quote:
so

Quote:
And back to the topic: Do you have to say something about the construction of the airport?
Obviously not.

Last edited by Dase; September 10th, 2010 at 01:46 PM.
Dase no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #178
aab7772003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dase View Post
What a lame discussion. That guy from 2003 is obviously a Frankfurter or from Munich, they regulary seem to have the biggest problems with Berlin. Seems to be his personal short-dick-syndrome. That's what you get when you plant skyscrapers into a medium-sized city. So please, aab7772003, refrain from shoving up your general humble opinion about who likes Berlin how much into a thread that is called "Berlin Capital Airport (BBI) Construction".

Way of thinking already summed it up very well:

so

Obviously not.

Neither do you, HelloMoto163 and dreamery have anything to say about the construction of the airport. Now, you have even mentioned anything as far-fetched as male genitals. You should refrain yourself from this kind of "my dick is bigger" discussions.

Berlin, oh the biggest city in Europe, is still an isolated island and not a center of any leading European metropolitan regions.

Again, Munich, Frankfurt, Hamburg, etc. are just happy that they are doing well without so many problems. They feel really oh so inadequate because they have so many things Berlin does not and unlikely will have.

What did Qantas pretending that it is interested in flying into BBI/BER with its own aircraft have anything to do with the construction of BBI?

Last edited by aab7772003; September 10th, 2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #179
aab7772003

Quote:
My quote was transformed in your
That is why I was writing you are construing your argumentation from the three words below my avatar. Be carefull. I am almost as often in Frankfurt as I am in Fulda.

I am not writing about Emirates desire to fly to BER and STR. But what is the fundament for such of your statements like yours:
I cannot find in this thread any quotations (at least at the last months) which gives rise to such sentences. It seems to me to be your personal crank. The same with: Who ever in this thread has written Berlin is so awesome and that the sun is shining brighter in Berlin somewhere else. The only one are you, arenīt you?

No trick at all, it is the wish for more empathy in this discussion, not always painting black and white. Sentences like "on the one hand... and on the other hand". Differntiation between personal opinion and facts. Do you understand? It is not a trick to kick you out of the thread, I am interested in a discussion with you in a friendly atmosphere with mutual esteem.

And back to the topic: Do you have to say something about the construction of the airport? Not debauching in comparisons that other airports will offer more direct intercontinental connections. Your own impression of the airport construction would be interesting for me. What do you think about the one roof concept, the architectural style, ...?
"Ausländer" trick is at work here:

Quote:
You obviously are an american expatriate, knowing Berlin not better as the avarage tourist?
Again, nobody can actually quantify how often you are in Fulda, Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich and beyond.

Dase HelloMoto163 and dreamery for sure claims that Berlin is awesome.

BBI is just a functional airport, nothing more, nothing less.

The short-haul network of the Berlin airports is not exactly stunning.

Again, how can BBI become anything rather than a busy airport for the local market when there are so many market deficiencies?

AMS has pioneered the one-roof concept. DUS also operates under one roof too.

Last edited by aab7772003; September 10th, 2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #180
dreamery
Girl of exhilaration

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Everything is relative; your comments are in the same league with the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamery View Post
The girls are in Berlin more beautiful than in Munich or in Frankfurt, and of course my d... is the biggest one!!!

Could we stop this "bigger, better, higher discussion" and come back to the topic? I would be pleased about.

This thread is basically another "Everybody Loves Berlin" thread.
Hey Boy, is irony to much for your understanding? Not one of your posts matches the construction of this airport. This all I wanted to say because it is sooo boring to read your effluxions on some strange reality in your head. Do yourself a favour and wake up!!
dreamery no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport, berlin, european hub airport