daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 30th, 2016, 12:51 PM   #61
tjrgx

Likes (Received): 2831

Chinese company completes Central Asia's longest railway tunnel

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchin...t_25507806.htm

(Xinhua) Updated: 2016-05-28 13:44

BEIJING - Central Asia's longest railway tunnel has been completed and trains began running through it on a trial basis, the Chinese contractor said Friday.

Qamchiq Tunnel, part of the Angren-Pap railway line that connects Tashkent and Namangan, was built by China Railway Tunnel Group. The project began in 2013 and was completed three months earlier than the original plan.

The 19.2 kilometer tunnel goes through Qurama Mountains and is a key cooperation project in the China-proposed "Belt and Road" initiative, which is expected to reduce regional transportation costs and help boost trade and economy.

Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2016, 07:15 PM   #62
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

It was a bit hard to find location of this tunnel. There you go, this is a link with map:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...ETyl5SA_9OgNLY

tjrgx, Swede liked this post
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2016, 03:16 PM   #63
MarcVD

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrgx View Post
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchin...t_25507806.htm

Great. I'm going to Uzbekistan for holidays this fall. Do you believe there will
be a passenger service there at that time already ? If yes, I'll certainly go.
MarcVD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 04:01 PM   #64
tjrgx

Central Asia's Longest Railway Tunnel will be inaugurated during SCO summit this month

http://photo.china.com.cn/news/2016-...t_38672199.htm

19.2 km Qamchiq Tunnel, part of the Angren-Pap railway line that connects Tashkent and Namangan, was built by China Railway Tunnel Group. The project began in 2013 and was completed in 900 days, three months earlier than the original plan.

SIMSI, pai nosso, dimlys1994, 8166UY liked this post
tjrgx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 08:45 AM   #65
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17044

What's the second tube for?
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 06:20 PM   #66
tjrgx

Uzbekistan inaugurates Angren - Pap railway

http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...p-railway.html

THE president of Uzbekistan Mr Islam Karimov and his Chinese counterpart Mr Xi Jinping inaugurated the 123.1km Angren - Pap railway on June 22 in an event which also marked the opening of Asia's longest railway tunnel.

The 19.2km Kamchik Tunnel was built by China Railway Tunnel Group and local contractors, with around 4000 people working on the project. Construction began in 2013 and tracklaying in the $US 810m single-track tunnel was completed on May 25 this year.

The inaugural train was formed of an electric locomotive and four coaches, and completed its passage through the tunnel in 16 minutes and 30 seconds.

In addition to the tunnel, the $US 1.63bn line includes four stations, 25 bridges, and six viaducts with a total length of 2.1km and an average height of 25m. The 1520mm-gauge line is electrified at 3kV dc with two substations supplying traction power.

The new railway provides a direct link between the capital Tashkent and Uzbekistan's second-largest city Namangan and will also enable east-west freight traffic to avoid the transit route through northern Tajikistan. Freight traffic is forecast to be around 10 million tonnes per year with passenger numbers expected to reach around 600,000 in the first year of operation.

Reaching an altitude of 2267m above sea level, the Kamchik pass carries the only highway between the two cities entirely in Uzbek territory was it is the only route that could feasibly be taken by a railway through the narrow strip of Uzbek territory between the Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan borders.

Old August 27th, 2016, 10:46 AM   #67
nachalnik

Likes (Received): 774

http://www.norma.uz/nashi_obzori/pas...t_s_27_avgusta

Regular passenger train service Tashkent - Anditzhan starts on 29th august. Dep from Tashkent at 6:40m arrival at Andizhan at 12:15. The train will go via Angren, Pap, Kokand and Margilan. The train will consist of 12 waggons, among them a business class waggon as well as train restaurant.

-----

According to an earlier message at http://nuz.uz/sobytiya/12404-namanga...lee-vezde.html even more passenger services are planned. The article mentions the following direct services:

Andizhan - Tashkent via Namangan
Andizhan - Tashkent via Margilan
Andizhan - Moskva
Andizhan - Saratov
Andizhan - Buchara
Andizhan - Urgench

Ticket price Andizhan - Tashkent will start at 50.000-60.000 Som. Travel time will be about 7 hrs.
I don't know, when these services will start. Right now only the Tashkent - Andizhan service via Margilan will start to operate.

dimlys1994 liked this post
nachalnik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2016, 02:36 PM   #68
micky36

Likes (Received): 0

The max. speed of this model is 250 km/h.
micky36 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2016, 03:26 PM   #69
tjrgx

Angren – PAP railway line sees first passenger trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcVD View Post
Great. I'm going to Uzbekistan for holidays this fall. Do you believe there will
http://news.uzreport.uz/news_3_e_144225.html

August 27 saw the first passenger trip Tashkent-Andijan, through the new electrified railway line "Angren – PAP", the information service of JSC "Uzbekiston Temir Yullari" said.

In pursuance with presidential decree "On measures on organization of construction of new electrified railway line "Angren-PAP", the railroaders were entrusted with building 123.2 km of new railway. A new 19.2-kilometer tunnel “Qamchiq” has been laid in the framework of the joint project with Chinese partners through the mountain range. It is worth to note that the built in the framework of the project tunnel is ranked 8th in the world on the complexity of construction and 13th on the length, and is the only one of its kind in the CIS. The Western portal of the tunnel is located at the height of 1324 meters above sea level, and its Eastern portal at a height of 1465 meters.

The railway line "Angren-PAP" will directly link the region of the Fergana valley with other regions of the country, thus completing the creation of a unified national rail system.

The project was completed in 32 months, i.e. 4 months ahead of schedule. A total of 43 million cubic meters of earthworks were conducted within the framework of this massive structure, 285 artificial and water supply systems, 13 railway bridges (total length of 2.1 km), 6 foot bridges, 2 tunnel galleries at a length of 280 meters each, 4 stations, 4 cross-roads and 2 stations were built. It is noteworthy that among built bridges there is only one of its kind in Central Asia, whose length is 500 meters and the height of 57 meters. The bridge has an arcuate shape and extends in the mountains.

Execution of works and the process of building a new road and tunnel in accordance with the norms and standards of construction were carried out under the supervision of the supervisors of the German company “DB International GmbH".

Construction works were carried out in the difficult mountain terrain, at the same time in the picturesque places of our country, along numerous lakes, across rivers. Electrification of the railway plays a great role in environmental protection, in view of the operation of the locomotives of modern type. It is also appreciated by foreign experts of a number of financial institutions.

The implementation process of this ambitious project saw over 3000 workers, with more than 1,000 Chinese experts attending it. More than 600 modern construction and other equipment were used. Some 1.5 million new jobs have been created with the commissioning of the new railway line.

dimlys1994, Algonet liked this post
tjrgx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2016, 10:09 AM   #70
Algonet

Likes (Received): 49

. Tashkent-Bukhara connects with high speed train.
Bukhara, Uzbekistan: A train with a speed of over 160 kilometre (KM) per hour reached Uzbek historic city of Bukhara from its capital Tashkent today as “Uzbekistan Railways” has started new service for tourists, reports Dispatch News Desk (DND) news agency.

Travel time from Tashkent to Bukhara has been reduced by more than half and now new train takes little more than three hours to reach Bokhara from Tashkent.

Afrosiyob — a high speed train that connected Tashkent to historic city of Samarkand previously is now running between Tashkent to Bukhara through Samarkand.

According to details, implementation of the project start high speed train to connect Samarkand with Bukhara was started in 2015 with an estimated cost of $400 million to constructs 259 km high speed track. The project was 1005 financed by state company “Uzbekistan Railways” under the directions of President Karimov.

The company laid down a new track of 146-kilometer section “Marakand – Bukhara” with four new overpasses, four bridges and uninterrupted power supply was planned through reconstruction of four substations on Bukhara-Markand section.

It may be mentioned that Uzbekistan launched a high-speed connection between Tashkent – Samarkand in 2011 with an estimated cost of $ 225 million for upgrading former Soviet era railway track and two high speed Spanish (Parentes Talgo S.A) electric train AVE 250 worth were purchased.

In November 2015, JSC “Uzbekistan Railways” signed a contract with Parentes Talgo S. A. for the purchase of two more trains AVE 250 worth $ 38 million.

“Uzbekistan Railways” plans to provide high-speed train traffic to Khiva (Khorezm region) and Nukus (Karakalpakstan) in the north-west of the country in future.

dimlys1994, tjrgx, xalexey, Anticalaca liked this post
Algonet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 10:20 AM   #71
Algonet

Likes (Received): 49

UZBEKISTAN | Railways

Uzbekistan Railways

High-speed train Talgo -250 "Afrosiab"
Photo taken from www.railpictures.net

pai nosso, dimlys1994, Qtya, Anticalaca liked this post
Algonet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 08:46 PM   #72
MarcVD

Quote:
I'm booked on train 59 Marguilan Tashkent on 20/10/2016. Not sure I will be able to bring back pictures, as I understand taking pictures is forbidden...

Envoyé de mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk

tjrgx liked this post
Old October 6th, 2016, 04:02 PM   #73
bdogan

Likes (Received): 1

The Uzbekistan Railways are the national rail carrier of Uzbekistan. The company owns and operates all railways within the country. It is a state-owned stock company, formed in 1994 to operate railways within Uzbekistan. The total length of its main railway network is 3,645 km. It employs 54,700 people.
bdogan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2016, 04:04 PM   #74
bdogan

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrgx View Post

(Xinhua) Updated: 2016-05-28 13:44

BEIJING - Central Asia's longest railway tunnel has been completed and trains began running through it on a trial basis, the Chinese contractor said Friday.

Qamchiq Tunnel, part of the Angren-Pap railway line that connects Tashkent and Namangan, was built by China Railway Tunnel Group. The project began in 2013 and was completed three months earlier than the original plan.

The 19.2 kilometer tunnel goes through Qurama Mountains and is a key cooperation project in the China-proposed "Belt and Road" initiative, which is expected to reduce regional transportation costs and help boost trade and economy.
https:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki /Uzbek_Railways

t2contra liked this post
bdogan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 07:10 PM   #75
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
I'm booked on train 59 Marguilan Tashkent on 20/10/2016. Not sure I will be able to bring back pictures, as I understand taking pictures is forbidden...

Don't worry! Despite the dozens of police agents I've hardly had any trouble taking pictures of train in Uzbekistan three weeks ago
Old October 12th, 2016, 08:07 AM   #76
MarcVD

I'm there right now. Only Tashkent and the border station with Kazakhstan were notre possible for pictures. But I'm mostly using night trains which is not very convenient for pictures either.

Old October 15th, 2016, 05:36 PM   #77
nachalnik

Starting from 17th october there will be a 2nd daily train between Tashkent and Andizhan, so there will be a morning and an afternoon departure in both directions:

Tashkent 8h05 - Andizhan 14h05
Tashkent 17h20 - Andizhan 23h20

Andizhan 6h00 - Tashkent 12h10
Andizhan 15h25 - Tashkent 21h25

All trains also serve Margilan and Kokand. Exact timings can be found out at http://pass.rzd.ru/main-pass/public/en (the timetable link at the website of Uzbek railways often doesn't work, hence I recommend Russialn Railways website; write "Andijan" there).

There is now also 2 times weekly a direct overnight train between Andizhan and Buchara. It leaves from Buchara on wednesdays and saturdays at 22h30, from Andizhan on tuesdays and fridays at 14h38.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 02:24 AM   #78
nachalnik

http://www.ut.uz/ru/obshestvo/tashke...rostnoy-poezd/
http://temirzholy.kz/press-tsentr/pr...par-talgo.html

Since 21st march a direct Talgo-train links Almaty and Tashkent in about 16 hrs. The train runs twice weekly.

Timetable:
Almaty-2 dep 22h30 mon,sat - Tashkent arr 13h47 tue,sun
Tashkent dep 15h10 tue,sun - Almaty-2 arr 8h51 wed,mon

Fares:
seating car 4228 KZT / 12 EUR
kupe 9342 KZT / 27 EUR
sv 11077 KZT / 32 EUR
(according to the booking website of Kazakh railways)

tjrgx liked this post
Old June 27th, 2017, 10:52 PM   #79
Gadiri

Likes (Received): 6980

Qamchiq Tunnel monotube tunnel
- 19.2 km
- 3 years
- 455 millions $

Tunnel + safety tunnel

----------------

Quote:
Two presidents open Angren – Pap railway

02 Jul 2016

UZBEKISTAN: The 123·1 km Angren – Pap railway which provides a direct link between Toshkent and the Ferghana Valley was officially opened by the presidents of Uzbekistan and China on June 22.

The opening ceremony was held at the Uzexpocentre in Toshkent with a video link to the 19·2 km Qamchiq Tunnel, the longest in the 1 520 mm gauge region and the key element of the project. The inaugural train from Angren to Pap was formed of a Chinese-built O’zbekiston electric locomotive and four coaches, and passed through the tunnel in 16 mins.

The Qamchiq Tunnel avoids the need for Uzbek trains to transit Tajikistan to reach the Ferghana Valley, and provides an all-weather alternative to the road over the 2 267 m high pass. It was built by China Railway Tunnel Group and local subcontractors SPMS-1, Mostootryad-67, PDM Bukhara, Gidrospecstry, Shahtostroy, Husan kon Mukhandis, SUV-75 and ToshSUBVR at a cost of US$455m. The main bore carries a single-track railway electrified at 3 kV DC, with a smaller second bore for emergency evacuation.

The line also includes 25 bridges and six viaducts with a total length of 2·1 km, and four stations at Orzu, Kul, Temiryulobod and Kushminor.

Freight traffic is forecast to be around 10 million tonnes/year, with passenger numbers expected to reach around 600 000 in the first year of operation.

The total cost of the project was US$1·63bn. The majority of the US$1·44bn cost of the civil works was funded by the Uzbek government, with China Exim Bank providing US$350m. The World Bank provided a 25-year loan worth US$195m to finance electrification and signalling (US$154m), power supplies (US$35m), technical assistance (US$1·5m) and implementation support (US$4·5m).

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/i...c08&sword_list

https://news.cgtn.com/news/3d4d6a4d3...d/share_p.html

FBI Says 94% of Terrorist Attacks in the US Since 1980 Are by Non-Muslims

Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2017, 11:00 PM   #80
Gadiri

Likes (Received): 6980

I am looking for Qamchiq tunnel construction type of rocks. Because in Morocco we have Tichka tunnel projected (railway of expressway) and I am very impressed by the cost of this tunnel. As you can see in screeshots, 2 trucks were able to cross in tube during construction. So it's a good tunnel for comparaison.

Thank you in advance.

Quote:
The tunnel, which required 47 kilometers of excavation, was also the most difficult part of whole railway project.
The unfavorable geological conditions, as well as the extremely cold working environment where as cold as minus 40 degrees centigrade, have all stood in the way of construction.

Because of the complicated geological faults, construction teams encountered frequent rock bursts when blasting the mountain. During construction, moderate rock bursts occurred more than 3,000 times. The most serious rock burst caused the collapse of nearly 2,000 cubic meters of rock, severely threatened for construction workers.
Rock seepage was also a problem during construction. When excavating in some sections,the staffs even had to work half-submerged in water.
https://eng.yidaiyilu.gov.cn/qyfc/zqzx/1322.htm

FBI Says 94% of Terrorist Attacks in the US Since 1980 Are by Non-Muslims

Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
uzbekistan railways