daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 19th, 2015, 04:39 PM   #2061
TR-IR
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 472
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by amin03 View Post
I have no idea about the B747-300s. They are actually used to Kerman and Bandar Abbas flights

Indeed, big airlines are retiring good airplanes at a low age. Golden oppertunity for Mahan Air.

I wish Iran Air could do the same as Mahan Air. But their situation is different, cause they are state-owned, and want to buy new aircraft. So they are waiting for sanctions to be removed. Hopefully we will see big Iranian orders for Boeing and Airbus in late-2015
We will see those orders, but in any case, Iran air could also certainly use some a340's. New airplanes in this size segment are the a350 and 777. The a350 is fully booked until 2020, Iran could perhaps get 5 or 6 of them in total until 2020, not really good. 777 is also current tech, and has a much quicker delivery potential, I guess that's a huge possibility. Perhaps some 20 total for all carriers. The 787 is a bit smaller, especially the -8, and the -9 is fully booked also (lots of problems with the 787 anyway). That leaves the a330 which will also be ordered, as it is a winding down program. The a330 neo can be used by Iran greatly, but only starts deliveries in 2017.

In short I believe many new build 777s are needed, together with the A330. Aside from that, Iran should grab all the older 777s, a340s and a330s it can get on the second hand market. Especially the a340s have very bad resale value and are dirt cheap and even lightly used. Iran could subsidize some of the fuel cost as a bridge gap measure if needed. Very exiting times ahead.

People, what do you think of a new carrier, perhaps called Persian Gulf, to compete with Emirates, Qatar etc?? As a hub airline, not to replace Mahan or Iran Air.
TR-IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2015, 04:45 PM   #2062
IRANA320
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 678
Likes (Received): 93

I heard the govmernment wants to make a world carrier out of iran air as soon as the sanctions are lifted so we would have our hub-airline
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 05:37 PM   #2063
alitezar
Persian 44
 
alitezar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,213
Likes (Received): 5593

I hope so too.

Thanks everyone for the great new pix. I can't wait to see Iran air in these nice aircraft types.
alitezar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 06:46 PM   #2064
amin03
Registered User
 
amin03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
I heard the govmernment wants to make a world carrier out of iran air as soon as the sanctions are lifted so we would have our hub-airline
Of course we can.

1) If Dubai and Istanbul can, then Tehran can also
2) Tehran's location is more logical than the two others
3) One reason that Dubai and Istanbul got successful was thanks to the sanctions. When the sanctions are removed the business will slowly return to Iran
4) The diaspora abroad Iran is huge which is a great market
5) Iranian hospitality makes the airline 5 star

So the potential is there, Iran just need to grab it
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 06:53 PM   #2065
amin03
Registered User
 
amin03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 227

Iran actually have many airlines already despite the sanctions. I would believe that Mahan Air and Iran Air expand as a hub airline and Aseman as Mahan Air is today. A new airline with goals to be a hub airline would be too much. Zagros, Taban, Kish etc would be good regional airlines like they are now but with more destinations.
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 09:41 PM   #2066
TR-IR
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 472
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
I heard the govmernment wants to make a world carrier out of iran air as soon as the sanctions are lifted so we would have our hub-airline
Good. Tehran has actually the most perfect location to be a global hub, elevation and everything. Hopefully after sanctions we can invest in a gigantic new airport, and not hang it full of all those 'pictures'. We need a new carrier, currently Iran's name is tainted. So either Persian airlines, but out of respect for fellow Iranians, I would go with Persian Gulf airlines. Think about it: "Fly Persian Gulf". It's gonna be great. It is going to make some of those Gulf 'states' very pissed though, but they're always sore with Iran anyway. F them.
__________________

amin03 liked this post
TR-IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 11:21 PM   #2067
urbastar
Registered User
 
urbastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,322
Likes (Received): 807

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
I heard the govmernment wants to make a world carrier out of iran air as soon as the sanctions are lifted so we would have our hub-airline
And sponsor one top european football team?
urbastar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 11:48 PM   #2068
amin03
Registered User
 
amin03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbastar View Post
And sponsor one top european football team?
Why not? Maybe in some years though.
Atletico Madrid have for example some Azerbaijani stuff. And Qatar for Barcelona. And Emirates on everything.

So Iran? of course
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 02:10 AM   #2069
TR-IR
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 472
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by amin03 View Post
Why not? Maybe in some years though.
Atletico Madrid have for example some Azerbaijani stuff. And Qatar for Barcelona. And Emirates on everything.

So Iran? of course
Manchester United!
TR-IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 03:37 PM   #2070
amin03
Registered User
 
amin03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-IR View Post
Manchester United!
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 04:17 PM   #2071
amin03
Registered User
 
amin03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 227

6 new Mahan Air routes started on 14MAY15 http://www.mahan.aero/en/mahan-air/press-room/45
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 04:23 PM   #2072
TR-IR
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 472
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by amin03 View Post
Crap forgot. Already taken by Turkish Airlines. Well then another team will be found

BTW, can some of you guys post some more pics of the a340-600? It's already an amazing friggin plane, but in Iranian hands it's even more to look at. I can only find those couple of pics already posted. Farsi nemeetoonam bekhoonam, sakhte facebookaye Iraniro nega konam. Merci.
TR-IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 04:39 PM   #2073
amin03
Registered User
 
amin03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-IR View Post
Crap forgot. Already taken by Turkish Airlines. Well then another team will be found

BTW, can some of you guys post some more pics of the a340-600? It's already an amazing friggin plane, but in Iranian hands it's even more to look at. I can only find those couple of pics already posted. Farsi nemeetoonam bekhoonam, sakhte facebookaye Iraniro nega konam. Merci.

If I remember right Manchester United have Aeroflot as sponsor since some years ago.
I will post pics if I see any Hopefully the A346 will be in service before the launch of Tehran-Milan
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 04:50 PM   #2074
TR-IR
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 472
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by amin03 View Post
If I remember right Manchester United have Aeroflot as sponsor since some years ago.
I will post pics if I see any Hopefully the A346 will be in service before the launch of Tehran-Milan
Thanks bro! Yeah let's first get a big luxury hub-carrier up, we'll find the right team later
__________________

amin03 liked this post
TR-IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 05:41 PM   #2075
Persian_Gulf
Registered User
 
Persian_Gulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tehran
Posts: 522
Likes (Received): 928

It will take Iran atleast 10-15 years to create a hub carrier...
At best we can become something like Saudia Arabian Airlines or Kuwait Airways as every big 5 star Airline needs management which doesn't excist in current Iran, It needs organisation and planning which we lack as well! What for in-flight entertainment can Iran offer with all the restrictions? Probably something similar as Saudia...

To make a big hub carrier you will need to have a world class airport as well... IKIA is not even close to anything world class!

Be realistic, Iran in general needs A HUGE improvement before we can think of such...

Last edited by Persian_Gulf; May 20th, 2015 at 05:46 PM.
Persian_Gulf está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 06:06 PM   #2076
TR-IR
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 472
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian_Gulf View Post
It will take Iran atleast 10-15 years to create a hub carrier...
At best we can become something like Saudia Arabian Airlines or Kuwait Airways as every big 5 star Airline needs management which doesn't excist in current Iran, It needs organisation and planning which we lack as well! What for in-flight entertainment can Iran offer with all the restrictions? Probably something similar as Saudia...

To make a big hub carrier you will need to have a world class airport as well... IKIA is not even close to anything world class!

Be realistic, Iran in general needs A HUGE improvement before we can think of such...

Of course, but such things can happen in general. Credit solves everything. Don't think Emirates buys those airplanes, all leased. Airports are built with 'build and operate' agreements etc. As for management, import European management the first decade and a half.
Finally Islamic restrictions would be dropped for such operations. I don't believe the government is that ignorant. Islamic restrictions have to be slowly phased out for the general population anyway, starting with things like hub airlines and qeshm/kish dropping them as well is a good place.

But indeed, it's not a priority. Getting modern safe aircraft IS a priority and will happen soon.

PS: there are 6 malaysian airlines a380s for sale right now. What are the chances Iran could use them? All those American diaspora choosing non-Iranian carriers, would perhaps see it fit to their high standards to start flying Iranian aircraft? There'll be many of them travelling to Iran soon, what with all the investment oppurtunities. Besides, second hand a380's aren't that expensive I believe, there aren't many if any buyers out there. Sure it won't be dirt cheap like the a340's but still? A guy can dream can't he?

Last edited by TR-IR; May 20th, 2015 at 06:15 PM.
TR-IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 06:26 PM   #2077
Persian_Gulf
Registered User
 
Persian_Gulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tehran
Posts: 522
Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-IR View Post
Of course, but such things can happen in general. Credit solves everything. Don't think Emirates buys those airplanes, all leased. Airports are built with 'build and operate' agreements etc. As for management, import European management the first decade and a half.
Finally Islamic restrictions would be dropped for such operations. I don't believe the government is that ignorant. Islamic restrictions have to be slowly phased out for the general population anyway, starting with things like hub airlines and qeshm/kish dropping them as well is a good place.

But indeed, it's not a priority. Getting modern safe aircraft IS a priority and will happen soon.
It's hard to believe that any Iranian carrier would allow foreigners to manage it as Iran Air for example is government owned and Mahan Air might be private, but clerics as Rafsanjani got big shares in the company. Islamic values will not be dropped aslong as Iran is an Islamic Republic and Iran Air is called the Airline of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Unlike other Persian gulf countries, Iran is ruled by the Sharia law and the law excists for both Iranian citizens and foreigners for over 3 decades, they are not going to remove them anytime soon. That's why Iran can be at best something like Saudia Arabian... As for the a380s, IKIA can only handle one at the moment + it doesn't have the right facilities + terminal to operate them

Last edited by Persian_Gulf; May 20th, 2015 at 06:34 PM.
Persian_Gulf está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 06:38 PM   #2078
TR-IR
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 472
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian_Gulf View Post
It's hard to believe that any Iranian carrier would allow foreigners to manage it as Iran Air for example is government owned and Mahan Air might be private, but clerics as Rafsanjani got big shares in the company. Islamic values will not be dropped aslong as Iran is an Islamic Republic and Iran Air is called the Airline of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Unlike other Persian gulf countries, Iran is ruled by the Sharia law and the law excists for both Iranian citizens and foreigners for over 3 decades, they are not going to remove them anytime soon. That's why Iran can be at best something like Saudia Arabian... As for the a380s, IKIA can only handle one at the moment + it doesn't have the right facilities + terminal to operate them
I think Iran's leadership fully knows their shortcomings. That micro-managing crap has to end. Sure, the Guards or clerics can still own companies, but they have to do it china style: joint ventures, technology transfers etc. And yes, in the beginning at least, capable foreign managers. Management is different than ownership. Look at Emirates.
Good to know about the airport, you have lots of knowledge on this. Well I guess it's time to start building new facilities then!
TR-IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 06:51 PM   #2079
amin03
Registered User
 
amin03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 227

Iran will be different after the sanctions, an improved country. Trust me, but it takes time.
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 06:54 PM   #2080
amin03
Registered User
 
amin03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 227

And SVA and IRA should not be compared
Iran Air, Mahan Air etc will, as I have said, improve after the sanctions. We just need time, this is a long process.
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium