daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 20th, 2015, 06:55 PM   #2081
Persian_Gulf

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-IR View Post
I think Iran's leadership fully knows their shortcomings. That micro-managing crap has to end. Sure, the Guards or clerics can still own companies, but they have to do it china style: joint ventures, technology transfers etc. And yes, in the beginning at least, capable foreign managers. Management is different than ownership. Look at Emirates.
Good to know about the airport, you have lots of knowledge on this. Well I guess it's time to start building new facilities then!
I agree with you, but I will only believe it if I see it. As for IKIA, Emirates flew an a380 in on the 30th of september 2014, it was planned to use it on their 4th daily fly to Tehran, but decided not to do it as IKIA doesn't have the facilities or terminal + terminal bridges to handle it.
Persian_Gulf está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2015, 06:56 PM   #2082
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by amin03 View Post
Iran will be different after the sanctions, an improved country. Trust me, but it takes time.
What makes you so sure about that?
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:02 PM   #2083
amin03

Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian_Gulf View Post
Iran have everything a country need to make a good economy and in this case, airline.
You see how much Mahan Air is growing now despite sanctions? Imagine Mahan Air without sanctions...
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:04 PM   #2084
amin03

Quote:
I agree with you, but I will only believe it if I see it. As for IKIA, Emirates flew an a380 in on the 30th of september 2014, it was planned to use it on their 4th daily fly to Tehran, but decided not to do it as IKIA doesn't have the facilities or terminal + terminal bridges to handle it.
I believe that just was an "one-off" to celebrate the 4th daily. http://www.emirates.com/english/flyi...&stop_mobi=yes

Amirex111 liked this post
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:12 PM   #2085
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Iran have everything a country need to make a good economy and in this case, airline.
You see how much Mahan Air is growing now despite sanctions? Imagine Mahan Air without sanctions...
So does KSA... Oil, gas, gold, name it up...

Mahan Air is just taking every plane it could get on the market to keep operating.

Last edited by Persian_Gulf; May 20th, 2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:14 PM   #2086
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
I believe that just was an "one-off" to celebrate the 4th daily. http://www.emirates.com/english/flyi...&stop_mobi=yes
Even if... both you and me know that IKIA can't handle such aircraft and I am talking about the terminal.
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:17 PM   #2087
amin03

Quote:
So does KSA...
KSA is a country built on almost only oil. Iran actually produce many things and export them. That will increase when the sanctions are removed. Sure KSA produce as well but not like in the scale Iran do.
btw Iran have 2-3x more population and many of thrm are upper or middle class
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:20 PM   #2088
amin03

Quote:
Even if... both you and me know that IKIA can't handle such aircraft and I am talking about the terminal.
IKA can handle it for one-off, but yes indeed not scheduled. The situation in IKA is like Stockholm atm. They want A380 but can't get it so they have to expand.
I'm not sure but I think IKA have expansion plans, or?
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:22 PM   #2089
amin03

Quote:

Mahan Air is just taking every plane it could get on the market to keep operating.
Oil, gas and gold maybe makes the economy good for a while but when it ends - collapse
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:23 PM   #2090
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
KSA is a country built on almost only oil. Iran actually produce many things and export them. That will increase when the sanctions are removed. Sure KSA produce as well but not like in the scale Iran do.
btw Iran have 2-3x more population and many of thrm are upper or middle class
All good and well, but Iran lacks management and organisation. This is something that removing sanctions can't fix. Iran is also full of corruption and restrictions... When Iran can't even manage to build a proper airport or to manage it, what can you expect else
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:24 PM   #2091
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Oil, gas and gold maybe makes the economy good for a while but when it ends - collapse
That's why KSA has lots of foreign investment which Iran hasn't, also KSA earns billions out of pilgrims visiting the country each year.
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:25 PM   #2092
amin03

Quote:
All good and well, but Iran lacks management and organisation. This is something that removing sanctions can't fix. Iran is also full of corruption and restrictions... When Iran can't even manage to build a proper airport or to manage it, what can you expect else
Management is very important, maybe Iran should hire people for some years and get some inspiration from other successful airports. When IKA was built they hired TAV which is a Turkish/Austrian company but they ended the contract after some problems...

I think these things will come with time. Hopefully it will improve

Persian_Gulf liked this post
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:29 PM   #2093
amin03

Quote:
That's why KSA has lots of foreign investment which Iran hasn't, also KSA earns billions out of pilgrims visiting the country each year.
Iran had a lot of investors before the sanctions too. They will probably come back now, and even more to follow. Yes pilgrim charters are important, but a country can't trust the pilgrims to have a stable economy. Look at all the European countries. How have their economy become so good? Is it because of pilgrims? Nope.
And now if pilgrims are important I would like to mention that Mashhad also is a pilgrime city. During 10 days in December Mashhad received over 10 million pilgrimes.
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:40 PM   #2094
TR-IR
BANNED

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
The hundreds of zillions of dollars that will flood it? Iran's own 140 billion in locked up foreign money? The world's growing hunger for oil and gas? Iran's 80 million people, the best educated in the middle east? Gigantic pent up demand from 40 years of sanctions, including infrastructure? A sense of pride that wants to be unleashed? (that has seen tiny shitty fishing villages become filled with skysrapers etc). Ya, I think there is some reason to believe there will be an economic boom.
TR-IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:41 PM   #2095
TR-IR
BANNED

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:

Saudi has no gas. And if you really want to compare Iran to KSA, come on huh?
TR-IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:45 PM   #2096
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Iran had a lot of investors before the sanctions too. They will probably come back now, and even more to follow. Yes pilgrim charters are important, but a country can't trust the pilgrims to have a stable economy. Look at all the European countries. How have their economy become so good? Is it because of pilgrims? Nope.
And now if pilgrims are important I would like to mention that Mashhad also is a pilgrime city. During 10 days in December Mashhad received over 10 million pilgrimes.
Most of thre pilgrims in Iran are Iranians as Mashad is a Shia city.
No matter how much foreign investment and stable economy a country has, none of those are relevant to make a world class airline. It goes all back to good managment and having no restrictions from the government
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:46 PM   #2097
amin03

Well Mahan Air actually have many options to buy of. I think they chose A346 for a reason
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:47 PM   #2098
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-IR View Post
The hundreds of zillions of dollars that will flood it? Iran's own 140 billion in locked up foreign money? The world's growing hunger for oil and gas? Iran's 80 million people, the best educated in the middle east? Gigantic pent up demand from 40 years of sanctions, including infrastructure? A sense of pride that wants to be unleashed? (that has seen tiny shitty fishing villages become filled with skysrapers etc). Ya, I think there is some reason to believe there will be an economic boom.
Economy yes... world class airline? Not so sure.

Lot of that money will also go to Syria, Yemen and Gaza just saying
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:48 PM   #2099
amin03

Quote:
Most of thre pilgrims in Iran are Iranians as Mashad is a Shia city.
No matter how much foreign investment and stable economy a country has, none of those are relevant to make a world class airline. It goes all back to good managment and having no restrictions from the government
I still really can't see why Mahan Air or Iran Air wouldn't make a good world-class airline if it keeps going like this. All world-class airlines started at one point...Iranian airlines are at that point atm.
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:49 PM   #2100
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Well Mahan Air actually have many options to buy of. I think they chose A346 for a reason
Because they are cheap as no one wants them in the current market + they are lightly used

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines