daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 24th, 2015, 07:37 PM   #2161
billding

Likes (Received): 733

Who were this airline?

TR-IR liked this post
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2015, 08:06 PM   #2162
TR-IR
BANNED

Likes (Received): 233

Is this a new airline? NICE! Perhaps to 'restart' Mahan Air, with it's bull sh!t sanctions, that won't even be lifted as part of the nuclear deal (so called Hezbollah flights). Is that a new pic? Thanks. Nice livery btw!
TR-IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 08:19 PM   #2163
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Calm down.... This airline was a start up airline maybe 5 (?) Years ago but was never launched... Instead the planes they bought (Two AB6) went to Saha air and are now active for Meraj Air. The livery stayed the same and is also used on their 320s these days.
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 09:59 PM   #2164
amin03

Likes (Received): 227

EP-MMQ

amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 10:03 PM   #2165
TR-IR
BANNED

[QUOTE=amin03;124246602]EP-MMQ

Wonderful, beautiful, awesome!!

Question guys, with the US potentially labelling the 9 newest purchases as 'seizable assets', does that have influence on any routes? Perhaps no more European flights on these a346's? All to Asia?
Old May 24th, 2015, 10:58 PM   #2166
amin03

[QUOTE=TR-IR;124246686]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amin03 View Post
EP-MMQ

Wonderful, beautiful, awesome!!

Question guys, with the US potentially labelling the 9 newest purchases as 'seizable assets', does that have influence on any routes? Perhaps no more European flights on these a346's? All to Asia?
I have no idea, this situation can probably turn to be very complicated. US have to explain why it is against the sanctions, which they haven't done yet.
Old May 24th, 2015, 11:20 PM   #2167
Persian_Gulf

Likes (Received): 928

I think they will end up like Mahans 747-400s
Persian_Gulf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 11:24 PM   #2168
amin03

The most logical (and best) solution in my opinion is to set an independent group (not from US or EU) who can see if the 9 aircraft are legal or illegally transferred.
Old May 24th, 2015, 11:33 PM   #2169
Persian_Gulf

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
The most logical (and best) solution in my opinion is to set an independent group (not from US or EU) who can see if the 9 aircraft are legal or illegally transferred.
that's never going to happen sadly... in this case the US always wins
Persian_Gulf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2015, 12:00 AM   #2170
IRANA320

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-IR View Post
Is this a new airline? NICE! Perhaps to 'restart' Mahan Air, with it's bull sh!t sanctions, that won't even be lifted as part of the nuclear deal (so called Hezbollah flights). Is that a new pic? Thanks. Nice livery btw!
If these sanctions wont be lifted, would Mahan be allowed to buy new planes from Airbus/Boeing? So the situation for Mahan might not change, even if there is a nuclear deal?
Old May 25th, 2015, 12:03 AM   #2171
TR-IR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian_Gulf View Post
I think they will end up like Mahans 747-400s
No, there was a British court ruling against the 747-400s (talk about forged bills of sale). This is different, just normal sanction busting. I think they'll use it to non-US-puppet destinations, China, Asia, Russia etc first, and then either rebrand the company, or resell the aircraft to a 'new' company. And perhaps this is just a good will sign to the noses, meaning that if sanctions are lifted, things go back to normal. The problem being that Mahan is sanctioned for non-nuclear activities, allegedly helping Hezbollah. All based on a satellite image of a fricken airplane unloading cargo. Madar khaveha.
Old May 25th, 2015, 12:07 AM   #2172
IRANA320

Mahan, the first carrier using 346 on domestic routes... Tehran-Mashad, Tehran-Kish... serious guys, they must be kidding
Old May 25th, 2015, 12:18 AM   #2173
TR-IR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
Mahan, the first carrier using 346 on domestic routes... Tehran-Mashad, Tehran-Kish... serious guys, they must be kidding
As I said, China, Russia etc would be no problem. Those countries would never confiscate an Iranian airplane on US orders. Nope. Besides, these airplanes aren't even designated as 'blockable assets' yet. The US only said it was possible, and sanctioned Naser Airlines and some Syrian businessman. I don't think this far in the negotiations, the US administration would throw such a wrench into it.
Old May 25th, 2015, 12:24 AM   #2174
IRANA320

At the moment i am also quite relaxed. For confiscating these planes they would need substantial reasons and i dont know why this purchase should be illegal... If anyone knows why it should be against a law, pls tell me.
Old May 25th, 2015, 12:32 AM   #2175
TR-IR
BANNED

Quote:
At the moment i am also quite relaxed. For confiscating these planes they would need substantial reasons and i dont know why this purchase should be illegal... If anyone knows why it should be against a law, pls tell me.
It's not. It's about 'not allowing countries/companies to jump the shark' ahead of a final agreement. The US made a big fuss about the Indian port deal in Iran, but India has 1.3 billion people and said go suck that nose you like so much. So I guess it's something like that. Just hope they don't keep f-ing around with these 9 planes. These are the pearls of Iran's aviation industry:P
Old May 25th, 2015, 12:54 AM   #2176
amin03

How about US fix their own regional issues and stop thinking about whether Iran got 9 aircraft or not...

Wouldn't the world be better?

But it won't happen, never...

mlknyc liked this post
Old May 25th, 2015, 12:59 AM   #2177
TR-IR
BANNED

Quote:
How about US fix their own regional issues and stop thinking about whether Iran got 9 aircraft or not...

Wouldn't the world be better?

But it won't happen, never...
Sure it will, when the world becomes unipolar again, and their strenght keeps sapping (mostly economically, but later on also militarily). But indeed, that's neither today nor tomorrow.
Old May 25th, 2015, 12:28 PM   #2178
IRANA320

The thing is that Mahan's expansion focus in on Eurpope right now and they definetely need the planes to go there...
Old May 25th, 2015, 12:48 PM   #2179
TR-IR
BANNED

Quote:
The thing is that Mahan's expansion focus in on Eurpope right now and they definetely need the planes to go there...
Well, we'll have to wait a month then and see what happens. Otherwise use the a300s and a310s to Europe and use the 340s for other routes. Have to do what you have to do. I would advocate, if sanctions remain on Mahan, to start a new company and take over it's routes. Blockable assets. Let them seize it. Iran can make a big fuss then.
Old May 26th, 2015, 08:04 PM   #2180
billding

Likes (Received): 733

Iran Air have launched a weekly Mashhad-Karachi A320, while PIA have ended MHD service once again, PK was flying from Lahore and Quetta they even used A310 0n it for a while, Shaheen Air maintains their once weekly Lahore-Mashhad flight with a mix of A320 and 734.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-IR View Post
It's not. It's about 'not allowing countries/companies to jump the shark' ahead of a final agreement. The US made a big fuss about the Indian port deal in Iran, but India has 1.3 billion people and said go suck that nose you like so much. So I guess it's something like that. Just hope they don't keep f-ing around with these 9 planes. These are the pearls of Iran's aviation industry:P
Why didnt Iran let China do this?
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines