daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 31st, 2015, 09:45 AM   #2341
amin03

Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokto14 View Post
Nice photos bro! But which airport is it? The plane graveyard reminds me of Dhaka Airport in Bangladesh
Thanks! The graveyard is connected to Tehran Mehrabad Airport (THR/OIII).

Rokto14 liked this post
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2015, 05:56 AM   #2342
IranAir

Likes (Received): 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian_Gulf View Post
New livery for Caspian 737-800, maybe as a lowcost carrier?

Iran needs less cariers
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 05:57 AM   #2343
IranAir

Quote:
I have made one, based on Etihad Airways.

Very nice but it should just read Aseman.
Old September 1st, 2015, 06:02 AM   #2344
IranAir

Quote:
yeah...

4 engines means more costs and maintenance...

I hope they will order them for IranAir Cargo though...
Either go for 737, 787 and 777.

Or A320, A330 and A350.

A340, A380 and 747 are a waste of money and inefficient. Also airlines should stick to one type for mainetanance reasons. Mahan Air Airbus and Iran Air Boeing.

Bombardier for low cost domestic and maybe Embraer.

No Russian garbage pleae and fortunatelt the Iranian parliament has banned the purchase of Russian planes.

Rokto14, mashine1984, Equario liked this post
Old September 6th, 2015, 12:58 AM   #2345
amin03

My report on Iran Air Shiraz - Tehran flight with Fokker 100 http://flight-report.com/en/report-11482.html

Persian_Gulf liked this post
Old September 6th, 2015, 03:54 PM   #2346
Persian_Gulf

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
Either go for 737, 787 and 777.

Or A320, A330 and A350.
This will not be the case as Iran already said that it will order planes in equal numbers from both Airbus and Boeing + The fact that major carriers like Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airways, Etihad and Emirates has proved that operating both is efficient.

Quote:
A340, A380 and 747 are a waste of money and inefficient. Also airlines should stick to one type for maintenance reasons. Mahan Air Airbus and Iran Air Boeing.
I don't agree as the A380 and 747-8i are great aircraft if you have a large market + large demand.

For carriers like Emirates the A380 has proved its efficiency already, because they have a lot of demand and a lot of seats to fill.

For Iranian airlines there is no need for such big aircraft as there is not a market or demand for them.

The A340 is out of production since 2011, so we will see no orders for that type.

Quote:
Bombardier for low cost domestic and maybe Embraer.
Bombardier is Canadian and with the current Iran-Canada relations and Canada being opposed to the Nuclear deal, I can't see Iran ordering from them.

THe Sukhoi superjet has proved more fuel efficiency than Embraer and is also much cheaper to buy + operate.

Quote:
No Russian garbage please and fortunately the Iranian parliament has banned the purchase of Russian planes.
I think we'll see some orders for the super jet. I guess just a few numbers as their has been interest from Caspian Airlines, Kish Air and ZagrosJet.
Persian_Gulf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2015, 03:57 PM   #2347
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Iran needs less cariers
Iran has a huge domestic market and domestic demand + the fact that we have around 75+ million people.

We need carriers as they will bring competition in the market and this will cause more options for the Iranians like: Cheaper fares, choice of service and etc.

Having many carriers is not the problem, what Iran should focus on is having quality of service and safety on their planes with a good network.

Rokto14 liked this post
Old September 7th, 2015, 08:17 AM   #2348
IranAir

Quote:
Iran has a huge domestic market and domestic demand + the fact that we have around 75+ million people.

We need carriers as they will bring competition in the market and this will cause more options for the Iranians like: Cheaper fares, choice of service and etc.

Having many carriers is not the problem, what Iran should focus on is having quality of service and safety on their planes with a good network.
Absolutely wrong.

1. Prices are regulated

2. Carriers are semi private

3. They are inefficient as most of them own less than 10 planes (ideally a carrier needs 50 plus planes and mostly similar aircraft to be efficient)

Iran Air, Mahan Air, and Aseman are more than enough, but the market should be fully privatised first. If it was the other small carriers would all go bancrupt anyway.
Old September 7th, 2015, 08:36 AM   #2349
IranAir

Quote:
This will not be the case as Iran already said that it will order planes in equal numbers from both Airbus and Boeing + The fact that major carriers like Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airways, Etihad and Emirates has proved that operating both is efficient.
I know what Iran said and I am saying the policies are wrong. I find it even worse that the government talks for all airlines.

Turkish actually has mostly 4 aircraft. 737 and A320 for short and medium and 777 and A330 for long haul but the main reason for having different aircraft is their legacy and rapid expansion.

The Arab airlines are benefitting from government subsidies and cannot be compared. They are not a good example of efficiency for a standalone business. Also Emirtaes only has two aircraft type A380 and 777-300.

Quote:
I don't agree as the A380 and 747-8i are great aircraft if you have a large market + large demand.

For carriers like Emirates the A380 has proved its efficiency already, because they have a lot of demand and a lot of seats to fill.
No American airline has them. They make little sense. Only Delta and United have a few 747-400 which they are phasing out.

A380s make sense if you can always fill them Without having to cut frequency of flights And to airports where you can few landing spots like Heathrow (that is why 50% of A380s fly to Heathrow).

Quote:
For Iranian airlines there is no need for such big aircraft as there is not a market or demand for them.

The A340 is out of production since 2011, so we will see no orders for that type.
Agree. Iran should use the US model of smaller planes but higher frequency of flights.

As said, short and medium haul (flights up to Europe) should be single aisle and only North America and Far East should be wide body.

Quote:
Bombardier is Canadian and with the current Iran-Canada relations and Canada being opposed to the Nuclear deal, I can't see Iran ordering from them.
Things will improve if they do with the US. Bombardier needs orders.

Quote:
THe Sukhoi superjet has proved more fuel efficiency than Embraer and is also much cheaper to buy + operate.
I hope they do not buy Russian aircraft.

Quote:
I think we'll see some orders for the super jet. I guess just a few numbers as their has been interest from Caspian Airlines, Kish Air and ZagrosJet.
Those are shitty airlines that I will never fly and hope for their bancruptcy.
Old September 7th, 2015, 10:39 AM   #2350
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Absolutely wrong.

1. Prices are regulated

2. Carriers are semi private

3. They are inefficient as most of them own less than 10 planes (ideally a carrier needs 50 plus planes and mostly similar aircraft to be efficient)
They have less than 10 planes because of the sanctions, the fact that Kish Air, ZagrosJet and Caspian airlines were were/ are looking to buy around 100 superjets means that they won't suspend operations, the same for Taban Air with their 5 recently acquired B737-400s

Quote:
Iran Air, Mahan Air, and Aseman are more than enough, but the market should be fully privatised first. If it was the other small carriers would all go bankrupt anyway.
Lets take a look at Germany, they have almost the same population as Iran and they operate:

Lufthansa, Air Berlin, Air Hamburg, Germania, Condor, Eurowings, Germanwings, SunExpress Deutschland, TUIfly and many smaller charter airlines.

More carriers means a strong market and you need those to regulate the prices. You can't do that with 2 or 3 carriers as you need to give people a choice, without this competition, Iranian carriers could just offer high prices and people would have to buy it because they have no other option.

The same goes for car brands, telecommunication companies and etc.

You have to look at it economically.

Rokto14 liked this post
Old September 7th, 2015, 11:04 AM   #2351
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
I know what Iran said and I am saying the policies are wrong. I find it even worse that the government talks for all airlines.

Turkish actually has mostly 4 aircraft. 737 and A320 for short and medium and 777 and A330 for long haul but the main reason for having different aircraft is their legacy and rapid expansion.
Turkish has the A321-200 as well + they have more carriers than Iran.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ines_of_Turkey

Quote:
The Arab airlines are benefitting from government subsidies and cannot be compared. They are not a good example of efficiency for a standalone business. Also Emirtaes only has two aircraft type A380 and 777-300.
Emirates has the A330-200 as well + two remaining A340-300 and the B777-200LR + They plan to buy either the 787-10 or A350 and They have a lot of 777-9s on order.

Quote:
No American airline has them. They make little sense. Only Delta and United have a few 747-400 which they are phasing out.

A380s make sense if you can always fill them Without having to cut frequency of flights And to airports where you can few landing spots like Heathrow (that is why 50% of A380s fly to Heathrow).

Agree. Iran should use the US model of smaller planes but higher frequency of flights.
Yes

Quote:
As said, short and medium haul (flights up to Europe) should be single aisle and only North America and Far East should be wide body.
I think Iran should begin with that, but in long term use widebody if they want to make Tehran a transit hub like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha and Istanbul.

Just to pick up a lot of traffic.

I think though that flights to Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfurt and London should be widebody and the same goes for all major destinations including Asia which is very popular among Iranian travelers. Smaller planes could be used for flights to Cologne and etc.

Quote:
Things will improve if they do with the US. Bombardier needs orders.

I hope they do not buy Russian aircraft.

Those are shitty airlines that I will never fly and hope for their bancruptcy.

Last edited by Persian_Gulf; September 8th, 2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old September 8th, 2015, 06:00 AM   #2352
Rokto14

Likes (Received): 141

Quote:
Turkish has the A321-200 as well + they have more carriers than Iran.

I think Iran should begin with that, but in long term use widebody if they want to make Tehran a transit hub like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha and Istanbul.

I think though that flights to Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfurt and London should be widebody and the same goes for all major destinations including Asia which is very popular among Iranian travelers. Smaller planes could be used for flights to Cologne and etc.
Which part of Asia has a more popular traffic for Iranian travellers? And can you give a list of countries where Iranian airlines can fly to (like they have a agreement with)
Rokto14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2015, 06:37 AM   #2353
IranAir

Quote:

Yes

We agree on most points. Long term I agree with you, wide bodies can be used on some European routes.

But short term And medium term Iran should use the US model of frequent flights with narrow bodies. Obviously London Heathrow is the exception given the limited number of landing slots.

Regarding the high number of airlines, I only agree if they become truly private and the government stops regulating prices.
Old September 8th, 2015, 10:02 AM   #2354
amin03

Quote:
Which part of Asia has a more popular traffic for Iranian travellers? And can you give a list of countries where Iranian airlines can fly to (like they have a agreement with)
Visa agreements: http://www.doyouneedvisa.com/passport/Iran

Popular destinations are like Thailand, China, Malaysia, Turkey, UAE, Iraq and (Saudi for pilgrimes). The Iranian airlines also fly to all of these countries.

Rokto14 liked this post
Old September 8th, 2015, 10:39 AM   #2355
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Chinese cities like Shanghai, Guangzhou and Beijing has a lot of traffic due many Iranian business men going there. Specially those in the textile and construction industry.

Mumbai and Kuala Lumpur are also very popular due to a high amount of Iranian students + the fact that Iranians can obtain a visa at the Airport in Malaysia.

And the most popular of all would definitely be Thailand as many Iranians go there for holidays.

Rokto14 liked this post
Old September 8th, 2015, 10:45 PM   #2356
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Guys, it is Zagros Airlines. ZagrosJet is operating in Iraq.

Persian_Gulf liked this post
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2015, 02:40 PM   #2357
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9411

Iran's aviation industry: Back in business?

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/09/tr...try/index.html

II. János Pál pápa

Persian_Gulf, Rokto14 liked this post
Qtya está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2015, 04:25 PM   #2358
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Iran's aviation industry: Back in business?

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/09/tr...try/index.html
Thanks! I've read the article...

Enjoyed it

Qtya liked this post
Old September 10th, 2015, 05:57 PM   #2359
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Rumor has it that Lufthansa will start Munich Tehran beginning next summer... Would be quite bad for mahan
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2015, 06:01 PM   #2360
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
Rumor has it that Lufthansa will start Munich Tehran beginning next summer... Would be quite bad for mahan
Not really I think.

Germany is quite popular among Iranians + the fact that Lufthansa will probably use the A321 or even A320 for this route and Mahan can sent their A310s. If I'm not mistaken, they frequently send their A343 and last week sent their A346 as well to Munich, so it means that there is demand...

Rokto14 liked this post

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines