daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 23rd, 2015, 11:33 PM   #2461
Persian_Gulf

Likes (Received): 928

Edit

alejandroDS liked this post

Last edited by Persian_Gulf; November 26th, 2015 at 08:41 PM.
Persian_Gulf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2015, 03:47 PM   #2462
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Are Mahan Air Copenhagen flights starting for sure? Neither it is mentioned on their website (as they usually do) nor can it be booked online...

Last edited by IRANA320; October 24th, 2015 at 04:00 PM.
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 07:30 PM   #2463
amin03

Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
Are Mahan Air Copenhagen flights starting for sure? Neither it is mentioned on their website (as they usually do) nor can it be booked online...
The website has bern poorly updated the last weeks, I have noticed. For example on the pictures on the front page it says two weekly to Suleymaniyah on the Farsi page and one weekly on the English.
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 01:02 PM   #2464
IRANA320

Amin do you know why Mahan has scrapped the a321 they bought this year ? Since they dont have any a320s in their fleet for which they could use the spare parts i dont know why they did it...

And you know what happened with mahans 744s? I thought they should be sold to an african start up airline, but i saw them parked at Ika..

Thank you:-)
Old October 27th, 2015, 03:50 PM   #2465
amin03

Quote:
Amin do you know why Mahan has scrapped the a321 they bought this year ? Since they dont have any a320s in their fleet for which they could use the spare parts i dont know why they did it...

And you know what happened with mahans 744s? I thought they should be sold to an african start up airline, but i saw them parked at Ika..

Thank you:-)
Hello I have to talked to some people and the case is indeed very unclear.

The A321 was scrapped and the reason is unknown.

When I was at IKA in the summer I saw two of Mahan Air's B744s. One all white and one with "Smile Air" livery. They are still there and haven't been transferred to Smile Air, Ghana.
Another Mahan Air B744 is also grounded.
Old October 27th, 2015, 04:32 PM   #2466
amin03

Just heard that the A321 was scrapped to be used as spare parts for A320/321 on behalf of the Mahan Air maintenance that also do maintenance for other Middle Eastern airlines and for example the Iranian Gov.
Old October 27th, 2015, 08:26 PM   #2467
IRANA320

Thank you very much for your answer :-)

A few days ago i was at Ika and saw the 744s standing there just as you described :-/

amin03 liked this post
Old October 28th, 2015, 05:59 PM   #2468
Kutsuit
Nadia 🗺 ✈

Likes (Received): 9022

Iranian airline paints Asiatic Cheetah on its planes

http://realiran.org/iranian-airline-...on-its-planes/

IRANA320 liked this post
Kutsuit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2015, 06:09 PM   #2469
Kutsuit
Nadia 🗺 ✈

Iran’s First Newly Opened Airport Hotels in Photos

http://realiran.org/irans-first-newl...els-in-photos/

AlexisMD liked this post
Old October 28th, 2015, 06:12 PM   #2470
Kutsuit
Nadia 🗺 ✈

Iran’s First Newly Opened Airport Hotels in Photos

http://realiran.org/irans-first-newl...els-in-photos/

Old October 28th, 2015, 08:47 PM   #2471
IRANA320

Imam Khomeini airport is just a gag. Wanted to get something to eat there and since behind the passport control there is only a cafe and nothing at the departure level, searched for restaurants in the arrival area. Ended up in an iranian restaurant at the parking area, which was ridiculous. After half an hour they served me dry and burned kebap ... How can an airport which is THE gateway for tourists have only two shabby, rundown and dirty restaurants with bad service, food and a terrible atmosphere ? They even dont have an english menu (or english speaking staff) ! Not only the restaurants are a gag at this airport, there are 100 more points which are terrible, but i dont want to get started...

It is such a pity that this beautiful country with its awesome people and great culture has been ruined by its government.

If you go to Mehrabad you will pass the Headquarter of the Civil Aviation Organization, which consists of some rundown buildings... What a great representation for the iranian aviation.
Old October 29th, 2015, 06:43 AM   #2472
IranAir

Likes (Received): 310

Quote:
Imam Khomeini airport is just a gag. Wanted to get something to eat there and since behind the passport control there is only a cafe and nothing at the departure level, searched for restaurants in the arrival area. Ended up in an iranian restaurant at the parking area, which was ridiculous. After half an hour they served me dry and burned kebap ... How can an airport which is THE gateway for tourists have only two shabby, rundown and dirty restaurants with bad service, food and a terrible atmosphere ? They even dont have an english menu (or english speaking staff) ! Not only the restaurants are a gag at this airport, there are 100 more points which are terrible, but i dont want to get started...

It is such a pity that this beautiful country with its awesome people and great culture has been ruined by its government.

If you go to Mehrabad you will pass the Headquarter of the Civil Aviation Organization, which consists of some rundown buildings... What a great representation for the iranian aviation.
The airport is a disgrace.

The only way around it is if we have private airlines and they build their own terminals.

I am generally economically in the left but in Iran for anything to function it has to be private.

clementberlu liked this post
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:44 AM   #2473
IranAir

I work in investment banking and cover a lot of airline companies. I fly around a lot. Mostly in Europe and the United States. I have studied many airlines and ran a lot of economic models.

I think it would be great if the private sector in Iran would set up a new airline to transform the industry and also compete with the Persian Gulf carriers. It could even get around serving alchol on medium and long haul flights if it was registered somewhere else like foreign airlines.

My ideas

Name: Persian Airlines
Brand it as: PERSIAN
Motto / Slogan: 2500 Years of Hospitality

Livery: something with blue, grey and white. I have no idea but something like the Boeing livery, or elements from ANA and Etihad. I could also see a lot of Mikhi script on the tail

Hub: IKA
- Would need two connected adjacent terminals for domestic and international (i.e. Terminal 2A and 2B)

Strategy:
- Smaller planes but more frequent flights
- Become key hub for Central Asia, Caucasus, and the Eastern Mediterranean

Short Haul (<3.5 hrs)
Destinations: Major Iranian cities in terms of economy and tourism, Central Asia, Russia, Caucasus, Middle East, Eastern Mediterranean
Plane: ~40 Bombardier CS300

Total seats: 140
Business: none
Economy: 140 seats (28 rows in 2-3 format)
Seat width: 18.5'' with middle seat 19.0''
Seat pitch: 32"
Seats need no TVs but should all have power plug and USB sockets
Free WiFi and application for people to watch movies and flight information on devices
Free drinks (non-alcoholic)
Snacks (not food) can be purchased

Medium Haul (>3.5 hrs, <6hrs)
Destinations: Europe, Indian sub continent
Plane: ~30 Boeing 737 Max 9

Total seats: 156
Business: 18 seats (6 rows in 2-1 format, all seats become fully flat beds)
Economy: 138 seats (23 rows in 3-3 format)
Seat width: 17.5"
All seats Have power plug and USB cable
All seats have TV
Food and drink served (hopefully with alcohol)

Long Haul (>6hrs)
Destinations: North America (Start with San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver, Houston, Chicago, Boston, Toronto, Montreal, New York, Washington DC and expand), Asia-Pacific (including Australia)
Plane: ~30 Boeing 787-8 and ~10 Boeing 787-9

Would have between 20 and 30 business class seats
Economy would be laid out in a 2-4-2 format and not the current 3-3-3 format that most airlines employ and which is uncomfortable

Summary of planes
40 Bombardier CS300 for short haul
30 Boeing 737 MAX 9 for medium haul
40 Boeing 787 (-8 and -9) for long haul

Key attarctiveness of the airline would be
- single hub
- modern terminal
- frequency of flights / shoryer transit
- modern pretty planes
- very pretty interior
- comfortable seats
- smaller planes (shorter boarding and exit)

Strengths would be
- modern planes which are very cost efficient
- only one hub so lower maintenance cost and more efficient network
- low maintenance and training costs
- high plane utilization as they can easily be exchanged
- would be run similiar to low cost carriers in the US (very lean) but appear to be a luxury airline

With sanctions being lifted there should be plans to set something like this up to become operational in 3 years.

Last edited by IranAir; October 29th, 2015 at 07:54 AM.
Old October 29th, 2015, 05:40 PM   #2474
Persian_Gulf

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
Name: Persian Airlines
Brand it as: PERSIAN
Motto / Slogan: 2500 Years of Hospitality
I like the slogan, but Persian Airlines...

It's too cliché + it doesn't sound good as we have already IranAir.

I would much rather see IranAir developing, but as you are speaking of a new airline I would propose something else than Persian, we have plenty of Persian names which are original and can be used for branding.

Quote:
Short Haul (<3.5 hrs)
Destinations: Major Iranian cities in terms of economy and tourism, Central Asia, Russia, Caucasus, Middle East, Eastern Mediterranean
Plane: ~40 Bombardier CS300

Total seats: 140
Business: none
Economy: 140 seats (28 rows in 2-3 format)
Seat width: 18.5'' with middle seat 19.0''
Seats need no TVs but should all have power plug and USB sockets
Free WiFi and application for people to watch movies and flight information on devices
Free drinks (non-alcoholic)
Snacks (not food) can be purchased
I agree with most of it except for two things.

It is not a habit for Iranian carriers not to offer food on their flights.
And I think we should keep this exclusivity whitin Iran.

I am not a fan of buying food on a plane, it makes me feel flying low-cost.
Iranian carriers are known for their excellent service!

This model of buying snacks and food is mostly used by American carriers and low-cost ones in Europe, which as I said dislike and brings the image of the carrier down.

Business class is needed inside Iran as it is always full when I am on a domestic flight, as there is always demand for it.

Quote:
Medium Haul (>3.5 hrs, <6hrs)
Destinations: Europe, Indian sub continent
Plane: ~30 Boeing 737 Max 9

Total seats: 156
Business: 18 seats (6 rows in 2-1 format, all seats become fully flat beds)
Economy: 138 seats (23 rows in 3-3 format)
Seat width: 17.5"
All seats Have power plug and USB cable
All seats have TV
Food and drink served (hopefully with alcohol)
Alcohol will never be allowed in an Iranian carrier as even the import of it is forbidden.

Perhaps we can be original and work with all kinds of thee, coffee, non-alcoholic cocktails and etc.

Quote:
B]Long Haul (>6hrs)
Destinations: North America (Start with San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver, Houston, Chicago, Boston, Toronto, Montreal, New York, Washington DC and expand), Asia-Pacific (including Australia)
Plane: ~30 Boeing 787-8 and ~10 Boeing 787-9[/B]
Would have between 20 and 30 business class seats
Economy would be laid out in a 2-4-2 format and not the current 3-3-3 format that most airlines employ and which is uncomfortable
North American flights will not happen as you need diplomatic relations for that and I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Long distance flights need a proper amount of both business and first class seats.

This is not only important for marketing purposes, but if we want to be the best, we have to have the best product in the market.

You were mentioning some destinations in the United states.
Iranian-Americans are mostly upper class and can afford to fly in luxury, not only Iranians, but also Americans/Asians and etc. who wants to connect through Tehran.

Quote:
Summary of planes
40 Bombardier CS300 for short haul
30 Boeing 737 MAX 9 for medium haul
40 Boeing 787 (-8 and -9) for long haul
Small planes and bigger frequency is not always the answer as you have to find enough slots at the Airport at the right time of the day.

clementberlu liked this post
Persian_Gulf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2015, 12:07 AM   #2475
Kutsuit
Nadia 🗺 ✈

Iran talking to six countries to buy aircraft

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/1...sanctions-IATA

Quote:
Iran is in talks with six countries, including Brazil, for purchase of new commercial aircraft to renovate the country’s aviation fleet after the removal of sanctions, an official says.

Executives of plane manufacturers from France, Brazil, Canada, Russia, Japan and China have traveled to Iran and introduced their products, Secretary of the Association of Iranian Airlines Maqsoud As’adi-Samani said.

“After the Vienna agreement, chief executives or sales managers of all aircraft manufacturers have visited Iran for negotiations on selling planes,” he told the Tasnim news agency.

Talks still continue between the Iranian airlines and the Brazilians but no agreement has been signed yet with either of the companies, As’adi-Samani said.

Officials have said Iran would need between 400-500 new aircraft worth at least $20 billion in the next decade.

The International Air Transport Association (IATA), the world’s largest airline body, says it will look to advise Iran on modernizing its aviation operations.

IATA Chairman and Chief Executive Tony Tyler said Iran’s aviation industry is set for a massive boom with tens of millions to start flying in and out the country after sanctions after lifted.

His association wants to have “a strong presence in the country”, Tyler said on the sidelines of the IATA Aviation Day Middle East and Africa conference in Abu Dhabi, cited by the Emirati media.

IATA sees 31.6 million new air travelers in Iran by 2034. There are currently 12 million passengers traveling by air in the country, whose numbers will rise to 43 million, the association said.

The country of 80 million people is being coveted by international airlines as the Middle East’s biggest potential aviation market.

“It’s going to be huge,” said Tyler whose association represents Iranian carriers Iran Air and Mahan Air among over 250 global airlines.

IATA also wants to set up payment plans for airlines and travel agents selling airfares in Iran, he added.

Iran’s tourism officials have said they expect a “tsunami” of foreign tourists when Western sanctions are lifted on the country, meaning they have to rush through their transportation development plans.

The Iranian government plans to spend heavily to develop its tourism industry in an ambitious plan aimed at attracting 20 million foreign travelers and up to $30 billion in revenues a year by 2025.
Old October 30th, 2015, 06:15 AM   #2476
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian_Gulf View Post
I like the slogan, but Persian Airlines...

It's too cliché + it doesn't sound good as we have already IranAir.
Maybe you are right. I just feel Persian is a luxury brand. But agree name and livery are always the toughest.

Quote:
It is not a habit for Iranian carriers not to offer food on their flights.
And I think we should keep this exclusivity whitin Iran.

I am not a fan of buying food on a plane, it makes me feel flying low-cost.
Iranian carriers are known for their excellent service!

This model of buying snacks and food is mostly used by American carriers and low-cost ones in Europe, which as I said dislike and brings the image of the carrier down.
I know but it is more about running a lean professional airline. Iranian airlines are not run as businesses. Prices are regulated. None of them would survive in a fre market.

No US airline offers free snacks on domestic routes, not even on 6 hour transatlantic routes. The exception are the low cost cariers such as JetBlue and Southwest who offer free snacks and free WiFi.

Low cost is not always worse service but a leaner structure.

Quote:
Business class is needed inside Iran as it is always full when I am on a domestic flight, as there is always demand for it.
Maybe. I just feel on short haul flights it is ridiculous.
Again in Iran prices are artifical but if business class was needed the 737 MAX 8 would be more suitable.

Quote:
Alcohol will never be allowed in an Iranian carrier as even the import of it is forbidden.
Not in Iran. But what if purchased abroad and served on international routes. Similar to what foreign airlines do. Maybe in a few years.

Quote:
North American flights will not happen as you need diplomatic relations for that and I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Long distance flights need a proper amount of both business and first class seats.
North American flights will happen in the next 5 years.

Agree on more business. Not sure about First. Companies don't pay for first class and very few individuals pay for it.

Quote:
Small planes and bigger frequency is not always the answer as you have to find enough slots at the Airport at the right time of the day.
Heathrow is a good example. I agree
Old October 30th, 2015, 10:23 AM   #2477
IRANA320

I am so excited if we will see iran Airs safety video one day on planes like 777 or 787 the women with this ugly orange dress, the purple seats and dont forget to switch off your walkman and Nintendo 64 !
Old October 30th, 2015, 04:51 PM   #2478
Amirex111

Likes (Received): 82

Euro wings flights: http://buyingbusinesstravel.com/news...h-flights-iran

Kutsuit, IRANA320 liked this post
Amirex111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 02:13 AM   #2479
IRANA320

I know that it is a difficult topic but since nobody until now here has talked about it, i am interested in knowing why Mahan Air is doing these suspicious activities in Syria. For me i can not understand why a private airline is involved in these political affairs... Not only that they are supporting the Assad regime, they are also supporting the Hisbollah. Can somebody might give a comment on this topic ? Thank you:-)
Old October 31st, 2015, 11:48 PM   #2480
amin03

Monthly report: October 2015

Hi all, this is my report of Iranian Aviation in October 2015. Some posts might be duplicated due to my laziness of not checking them all. Enjoy
  • One of Aseman's "new" B737-400 has been painted and re-reg'd to EP-APO. Previous registration is still unknown. The second B737-400 has been painted and re-reg'd to EP-APP
  • Two of Iran Air's B747SPs have planned C-checks with Lufthansa Technik until the end of this year. Unsourced.
  • According to some news Iran Air has bought 5 A320s under the age of 5 years old from Air Arabia who has a policy to keep the fleet age under 5 years old.
  • Iran Air to resume Tehran - Baku in the coming days. (Today's date 05OCT15). The route was suspended in OCT14 and was planned to resume in FEB15.
  • Iran Air A300 EP-IBS is active again after a long time grounding at THR.
  • New Iran Air website for booking tickets. ebooking.iranair.com
  • Iran Air started Isfahan - Bushehr operations with one weekly flight on Mondays from 26OCT15. The flights will be operated by MD88.
  • Iran Air has increased Tehran - Milan again to two weekly. IR750 will now operate this route on Tuesdays and Fridays.
  • Iran Air EP-IBK A310 will be active tomorrow (30OCT15) on a flight to Cologne.
  • Iran is in talks with France, Canada and Brazil to buy 100-seat short-haul aircraft.
  • Iranian Transport Minister says new aircraft to enter Iran by 2016, and total 500 aircraft by 2025.
  • Zagros Air A320 EP-ZAI wing collided with an Iran Air Force C-130 at THR.
  • Zagros Air A320 UR-CNJ is back into service after a short trip back to the owner Dart Aviation at Montpellier and Kiev.
  • Airbus A320 -231 430 EP-Z ? Zagros Airlines delivery 06oct15 REP-ZAH-THR, XU-reg
  • Zagros Airlines to get one A330s within some days. The registration is CS-TMT. Other A330s will also enter Iran's aviation fleet but the owner for them is still unknown.
  • Caspian Airlines added MD83 UR-CEL to its fleet.
  • Taftan Air is apperently active again. Now with a leased/bought MD83. Most likely it is UR-CJQ.
  • Meraj Air A300 EP-SIF got active after many years of storage at THR.
  • Zagros Airlines A320 UR-CNO has been re-reg'd to EP-ZAV and will be transferred to the (now) inactive airline Aria Air.
  • Rumored: new airline called Nasim Air will start ops on 11FEB16. The airline will be owned 51% by Kia Parvaz and 49% Mahan Air. The hub will be Sanandaj and the flights will go to the domestic destinations Isfahan, Shiraz, Kish, Tehran, Ahwaz, Tabriz and international such as Ankara, Erbil, Suleymaniyah, Istanbul and Dubai. The airline will start with 5-6 aircraft and after one year increase to 12. The fleet will be a mixed MD and A320 fleet.
  • Iran to import 15 "new" aircraft till the end of 2015, where might be under five years old.
  • Mr. Rouhabi to meet Pope on 14NOV15.
  • Iran will by high chance sign a deal with Airbus during a visit in France in November 2015.
  • The deal will mean the purchase of 10 to 12 new Airbus airplanes, most likely Airbus 320/321.
  • ATA Airlines A320 EP-TAB has been grounded at TBZ for period and is now active again. It has been rumored that it will be transferred to another airline.
  • Airbus A310 -304 497 YA-CAV Ariana Afghan air-test at IKA 20oct15 prior return to svc with Taban Air
  • Taban Air MD88 EP-TBF is active again after being grounded at MHD.
  • Negotiations has been made with six countries to buy aircraft. Japan, China, Brazil, France and Canada.
  • New routes from Tabriz: Tabriz - Tehran, two weekly
  • Tabriz - Qeshm, one weekly
  • Tabriz - Kish, two weekly All these routes are operated by Caspian Airlines with MD aircraft. Caspian flies from Tabriz to international destinations such as Turkey, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Iraq. And domestic destinations as following, Mashhad, Isfahan, Ahwaz, Bandar Abbas, Shiraz, Kerman, Asaloyeh and now Kish, Qeshm and Tehran.
  • Qeshm Air's RJ aircraft have all been registered into FQS,FQX,FQV,FQU and FQT.
  • Taban Air A310 YA-CAV is now active again.
  • The future of the imported B742 SX-TIC is very uncertain. It is unclear why it was imported and who imported it. Nothing indicates that Iran Air has bought it, which has been reported before. It has been rumored that it will serve as a restaurant in Northern Iran but that raises questions about if it really was imported for this purpose. Others say it will be used for the spare parts or just normally fly.
  • Taban Air YA-CAV is active again. Reports says that YA-CAV and YA-CAQ will be returned to the owner Ariana Afghan Airlines soon.
  • Taban Air will soon receive two A343s registered as CS-TQM and CS-TQZ.
  • According to Mahan Air's reservation system, Tehran - Düsseldorf is being increased from three to four weekly as of 12JUN16 with the additional flight on Saturday.
  • Mahan Air A346 EP-MME flew for the first time today, to Dubai.
  • B743 EP-MNE lost its third engine enroute from THR to BND minutes after take-off. The aircraft could return back to THR safely, no injuries.
  • A310 EP-MMJ which has been grounded at IKA for maintenance has been spotted on Flightradar24.
  • Mahan Air RJ100 UR-CKJ was seen at IKA today after a long time.
  • Mahan Air seeks to fly Tehran - Prague from 01JUN16 with three weekly flights. However, US is trying to stop this by sending letters to Czech officials pointing out that Mahan Air is "a dangerous airline".
  • Mahan Air RJ100 EP-MOG (prev UR-CKJ) was seen at IKA on 27OCT15. It has been grounded for a long time and is now active
  • Mahan Air RJ100 EP-MOS got active on 29OCT15.
  • BAe146 EP-MOC got active after a test flight.
  • A310 EP-MMJ got active and is in service.
  • The two B744s for Smile Air have been re-registered to EP- registrations again.
  • Mahan Air received a 14 year old BAe146, G-CIFG (cn E2392)
  • Mahan Air has started a subsidary called Mahan Air Tours which will have a fleet of transferred RJs/BAe's from Mahan Air.
  • Mashhad - Baku to open soon.
  • The new Pakistani charter airline Icon Air to start Islamabad - Mashhad on 12OCT15 with B738.
  • Germania will suspended Mashhad flights after 08NOV15.
  • Tabriz - Baku to resume soon.
  • Iran Air started Isfahan - Bushehr operations with one weekly flight on Mondays from 26OCT15. The flights will be operated by MD88.
  • Pouya Air started Tehran - Kermanshah on 30SEP15 with two weekly flights on Wednesdays and Fridays. Kermanshah Airport is currently operated by Turkish Airlines, Iran Air, Qeshm Air, Aseman, Meraj, Kish Air, Mahan Air, Iran Air Tours, Caspian and now Pouya Air.
  • Seven international airports, with the capacity of receiving 400 long-distance flights each, will be constructed around Tehran to improve the country's transit potential in the region, the Iranian minister said.
  • Ibis and Novotel to open 15OCT15 at IKA.
  • Iran Air to resume Tehran - Baku in the coming days. (Today's date 05OCT15). The route was suspended in OCT14 and was planned to resume in FEB15.
  • Second terminal at IKA to open within ten months.
  • TUI may start Hannover - Tehran.
  • Lufthansa replaces the A346 on Frankfurt - Tehran with B744 from 27MAR16.
  • KLM to resume Amsterdam - Tehran in January 2016. Air France to follow with Paris - Tehran flights some months after that.
  • Austrian Airlines to double Tehran flights on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays from 11MAR16 by adding a daily daytime flight making it two daily on these days.
  • Lufthansa to start Munich - Tehran on 14APR16 with three weekly flights operated by A330s. Air Canada will codeshare on this flight.
  • Eurowings, operated by SunExpress will start Cologne - Tehran on 29MAR16. The route will be operated by A330 one time per week on Tuesdays in March/April and to be increased to two weekly (extra flight on Fridays) in May.
  • Iran Air has increased Tehran - Milan again to two weekly. IR750 will now operate this route on Tuesdays and Fridays.
  • New feeder on Flightradar24, the third feeder in Tehran, F-OIII3.
  • Sepehran Airlines started operations a few weeks ago. However it is listed as inactive at the moment.
  • Here is the route network:
  • Domestic:
  • Tehran - Ahwaz - Tehran
  • Tehran - Shiraz - Tehran
  • Tehran - Mashhad - Tehran
  • Shiraz - Tehran - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Tabriz - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Mashhad - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Zahedan - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Chabahar - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Bandar Abbas - Shiraz
  • Planned Domestic:
  • Tehran - Yazd - Tehran
  • Shiraz - Isfahan -Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Ahwaz - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Gachsaran - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Abadan - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Bahregan - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Khark - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Lamerd - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Lar - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Kish Island - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Kerman - Shiraz
  • International:
  • Shiraz - Baku - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Tbilisi - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Yerevan - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Istanbul - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Kuwait - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Bahrain - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Dubai - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Doha - Shiraz
  • Shiraz - Muscat - Shiraz
  • Doha - Chabahar - Karachi
  • Karachi - Zahedan
  • Afghanistan airline, Safi Airways, looks into launching routes to Iran.
  • International flights from Iranian airports increased by 20% in Shahrivar (August/September). 8292 flights departed/landed during this period, compared to 6919 the same period previous year. These 8292 flights handled 1,300,000 passengers, which is a 24% increase.

I would appreciate if you could like this post if you liked it. It would give me an idea of whether it is popular or not and if I should continue or not with reports. Thanks

Last edited by amin03; October 31st, 2015 at 11:59 PM.

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines