daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 1st, 2015, 01:34 AM   #2481
ardeshir26
BANNED

Likes (Received): 414

well amin, once again a world class post, thanks so much!!

btw do you have any updates regarding the planned vienna-esfahan and vienna-shiraz flight?

again great work as always!

amin03 liked this post
ardeshir26 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2015, 06:48 AM   #2482
IranAir

Likes (Received): 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
I know that it is a difficult topic but since nobody until now here has talked about it, i am interested in knowing why Mahan Air is doing these suspicious activities in Syria. For me i can not understand why a private airline is involved in these political affairs... Not only that they are supporting the Assad regime, they are also supporting the Hisbollah. Can somebody might give a comment on this topic ? Thank you:-)
1. Private airline? Do you know anything about Iran? None of these airlines are truly private. Most of what is called private in Iran are semi-governmental organisations. The whole private sector in Iran is a joke.

2. While I agree that no civilian airline, whether private or not, has any business in Syria and despite opposing the Islamic Republic and wanting a liberal democracy, I have to say that I am very proud that Iran supports Assad and Hezbollah.

We cannot let Assad fall under any circumstances and whatever the cost.
Hezbollah should always be a pillar of Iranian foreign policy, even if we have a different regime.

All the evil in the region comes from the US, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey.
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2015, 08:20 AM   #2483
amin03

Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeshir26 View Post
well amin, once again a world class post, thanks so much!!

btw do you have any updates regarding the planned vienna-esfahan and vienna-shiraz flight?

again great work as always!
Thanks man. No news yet but I'm regularly checking that case
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2015, 08:24 AM   #2484
amin03

Quote:
I know that it is a difficult topic but since nobody until now here has talked about it, i am interested in knowing why Mahan Air is doing these suspicious activities in Syria. For me i can not understand why a private airline is involved in these political affairs... Not only that they are supporting the Assad regime, they are also supporting the Hisbollah. Can somebody might give a comment on this topic ? Thank you:-)
Mahan Air is a private airline on the paper, less of it in reality.

The activities are suspicious but not very weird, I think it has come into spotlight only due to the fact that it is an Iranian airline blacklisted by the US.

Turkish Airlines, El Al have done suspicious things as well. Wouldn't be suprised if Qatar Airways, Emirates, Saudia, AtlasGlobal or any similar airline have done it too.

IRANA320 liked this post

Last edited by amin03; November 2nd, 2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 08:09 PM   #2485
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by amin03 View Post
Turkish Airlines, El Al have done suspicious things as well. Wouldn't be suprised if Qatar Airways, Emirates, Saudia, AtlasGlobal or any similar airline have done it too.
Qatar Airways, Emirates and Etihad do absolutely not engage in dodgy business activity.

They are professional businesses run by the British.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 09:10 PM   #2486
amin03

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
Qatar Airways, Emirates and Etihad do absolutely not engage in dodgy business activity.

They are professional businesses run by the British.
So? Does that make them reliable? Btw, the highest ranked in those airlines are mostly Non-British.

And we know that some Gulf states, especially Qatar, has funded daesh so the possibility that Qatar Airways has done something isn't really zero.

And Turkish Airlines has transported weapons into Nigeria.

The list of crimes by airlines can go on and on...
Old November 3rd, 2015, 11:26 PM   #2487
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Anyhow, i think for Mahan it is not the cleverest idea of marketing to be in the news with these involvments in political affairs... There are for sure not just a few customers who are frightened to fly Mahan Air because of that.
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2015, 11:30 PM   #2488
amin03

Quote:
Anyhow, i think for Mahan it is not the cleverest idea of marketing to be in the news with these involvments in political affairs... There are for sure not just a few customers who are frightened to fly Mahan Air because of that.
Indeed, when you think about it you realise that Mahan Air isn't a very small airline and that this can cause consenquences. Serious ones.
Old November 4th, 2015, 10:46 PM   #2489
IRANA320

It is a bit difficult for me to understand that a private airline is not run privatly in reality... Could you give me some examples in which parts Mahan Air is under governmental control ? For example, does the government have influence in upcoming routes, in the fleet politics or in employee decisions ?
Old November 4th, 2015, 11:36 PM   #2490
amin03

Quote:
It is a bit difficult for me to understand that a private airline is not run privatly in reality... Could you give me some examples in which parts Mahan Air is under governmental control ? For example, does the government have influence in upcoming routes, in the fleet politics or in employee decisions ?
It isn't very clear but it is under some kind of control by Rafsanjani and IRCG.

And no I don't think Rafsanjani, nor IRCG, would decide whether the next new route would go to Paris or Mogadishu, but they do have some connection to Mahan Air making it less of a private airline.

But it's still called as a private airline.

Welcome to Iran
Old November 5th, 2015, 09:11 PM   #2491
IRANA320

Thank you very much, amin :-)

amin03 liked this post
Old November 6th, 2015, 06:42 AM   #2492
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by amin03 View Post
So? Does that make them reliable? Btw, the highest ranked in those airlines are mostly Non-British.

And we know that some Gulf states, especially Qatar, has funded daesh so the possibility that Qatar Airways has done something isn't really zero.

And Turkish Airlines has transported weapons into Nigeria.

The list of crimes by airlines can go on and on...
Turkish Airlines cannot be compared to Qatar Airways, Emirates, Etihad. Turkey is more modern than Iran because it has a secular Govnment but in the end it is as backward.

Despite all criticism against the Qatari amd Emirati rulers, when it comes to business they are very professional and avoid any reputational damage.

That is why they are doing so much better than their neighbours.
Old November 6th, 2015, 06:51 AM   #2493
IranAir

Quote:
In Iran there are many Government controlled or Government affiliated organizations.

In most IPOs these are the buyers. When the Government talks of private sector it means these organizations or it refers to a Government entity selling shares to another. Suddenly it is considered private because the shares are owned on a the stock market by another entity.

The true private sector is very weak and cannot participate because of lack of proper regulations, uncertainty and the Government often not giving permits.

The Government has established this system so that it does not directly own organizations and it is thus not accountable to voters as by name many companies are private but in effectn ithas control.
Old November 6th, 2015, 02:28 PM   #2494
billding

Likes (Received): 733

Smile Air mention dropping 744 lease https://www.facebook.com/gosmileair/...41448592580465

Amin, Sepharan international routes should read

Chabahar-Doha
Chabahar-Karachi
Zahedan-Karachi

http://sepehranairlines.com/pages/%D...%84%D9%84.aspx

Icon Air have postponed launching Mashhad and Najaf service till after Moharram.

amin03 liked this post

Last edited by billding; November 6th, 2015 at 03:24 PM.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2015, 06:48 PM   #2495
IRANA320

It would be interesting to know if they dropped the lease due to a change of strategy or due to a bad state of the aircrafts
Old November 9th, 2015, 05:05 PM   #2496
Kutsuit
Nadia 🗺 ✈

Likes (Received): 9021

Sukhoi sees Iran order for 100 Superjets

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/11...rjet-sanctions

Quote:
Russia’s Sukhoi Civil Aircraft Company (SCAC) says it sees Iran as a potential customer with a big order for its Superjet 100 (SSJ 100) planes.

The company’s head Ilya Tarasenko said the jet manufacturer could deliver about 100 Superjets to Iran after sanctions were fully lifted on the Islamic Republic.

"There is a huge interest; we expect to deliver some 100 aircraft. We have discussed the deliveries with the potential airline companies from Iran and expect some 100 planes to be delivered," the Sputnik news agency quoted him as saying.
Kutsuit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2015, 05:35 PM   #2497
Kutsuit
Nadia 🗺 ✈

Lufthansa arm eyes services center in Iran

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/1...nce-sanctions-

Quote:
Lufthansa Technik, the maintenance division of the German flagship carrier, says it is in discussions with Iranian airlines to repair and overhaul their aging fleet.

A top company executive has said the world’s leading provider of services in the aviation industry was open to setting up a facility in Iran.

“There’s an aircraft fleet in Iran that needs to be taken care of to bring it up in the air,” a Dubai-based newspaper quoted Lufthansa Technik Chief Executive Johannes Bussmann as saying at the Dubai Airshow.
Old November 9th, 2015, 06:33 PM   #2498
amin03

So the first Taban Air A343 has landed at PYK registered as 9H-TQM. More aircraft to follow...
Old November 11th, 2015, 03:28 PM   #2499
Kutsuit
Nadia 🗺 ✈

Turkish Airlines subsidiary plans Iran JV

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/1...-joint-venture

Quote:
A subsidiary of Turkish Airlines is in talks with Iranian companies to set up a maintenance, repair and overhaul center in the country, a news report says.

Turkish Technic plans to enter into joint venture with an Iranian entity, with a likely focus on transferring knowledge to the Iranian workforce and training, the company’s Sales & Marketing Director Ozcan Bastekin said.
Old November 11th, 2015, 03:47 PM   #2500
Persian_Gulf

Likes (Received): 928

Iran to purchase Airbus planes, President Rouhani says

Iran will buy planes from Airbus, President Hassan Rouhani said in a French radio interview broadcast on Wednesday, days before a state visit during which the he is expected to sign a range of business deals.

"We already have Airbus planes and there are other companies that sell us planes," Rouhani said in an interview with Europe 1 radio. "We will indeed be purchasing (planes) from these big companies, including Airbus."

Rouhani gave no timing or details of any planned Airbus order. French President Francois Hollande's office said on Tuesday that deals in air transport, health and agriculture would likely be signed during the Iranian leader's Nov. 16-17 visit to Paris.

Read more at http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...LPOdmvI3Gce.97

Kutsuit liked this post
Persian_Gulf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines