daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 21st, 2015, 11:04 PM   #2541
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62987

Quote:
Originally Posted by amin03 View Post
Anyway, CityJet has signed argeement to fly for SAS lately. They are a well established airline and that they bought SSJ100 may show us what this aircraft can offer in terms of short/medium haul flights.
CityJet will only fly their CRJ900's for SAS. They will use the SSJ's for their own flights.

If you want an example of an non Russian airline which is already very happy with the SSJ you only have to look at the Mexican airline Interjet.
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2015, 11:37 PM   #2542
Avangard-55

Likes (Received): 3899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutsuit View Post
Russia may produce Sukhoi Superjets in Iran

Russian officials say the country is negotiating with Iran over the local production of the Sukhoi Superjet 100 (SSJ 100) airliner to replace the ageing Iranian fleet on regional routes.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/11...erjets-in-Iran

Aren't the talks about produceing just parts of the airplane in Iran, when Iran will buy 100 SSJ?
Old November 22nd, 2015, 01:41 PM   #2543
amin03

Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
CityJet will only fly their CRJ900's for SAS. They will use the SSJ's for their own flights.

If you want an example of an non Russian airline which is already very happy with the SSJ you only have to look at the Mexican airline Interjet.
Yes I'm aware of that SAS only will use their CRJ900s, but as of now nothing has ruled out that the some of their SSJ100s can't be used in SAS in the future too.
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2015, 09:26 PM   #2544
Manazir

Likes (Received): 511

New orders for Iran Air/ Mahan Air

Hi guys, any idea when we are going to see new aircraft orders for Iran Air or Mahan Air?

My recently started Travel Blog
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2015, 09:29 PM   #2545
amin03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manazir View Post
New orders for Iran Air/ Mahan Air

Hi guys, any idea when we are going to see new aircraft orders for Iran Air or Mahan Air?
Mahan Air: Not for a good time. They will remain sanctioned, they are blacklisted.

Iran Air: In a few weeks we hope when Rouhani goes to Paris. A320/321/330 deal is expected. A350 would suprise me, but in a positive way
Old November 23rd, 2015, 11:56 PM   #2546
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Dear amin, i think Iran Air is blacklisted as well, arent they ? Pls correct me if i am wrong
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 12:07 AM   #2547
amin03

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
Dear amin, i think Iran Air is blacklisted as well, arent they ? Pls correct me if i am wrong
Hi! Iran Air is not blacklisted, only sanctioned at the moment. Mahan Air is blacklisted and sanctioned.
The sanctions are general for Iran and the blacklist for Mahan Air is cause they do suspicious things in Syria, according to US.

The sanctions will be removed but not the blacklist. So Iran Air is basically free but Mahan Air will continure to struggle. Any company/person linked to Mahan Air will also be blacklisted so the situation is complex...sadly :/
Old November 24th, 2015, 01:56 AM   #2548
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

Quote:
Anyway, CityJet has signed argeement to fly for SAS lately. They are a well established airline and that they bought SSJ100 may show us what this aircraft can offer in terms of short/medium haul flights.
And I personally announced that deal before anyone in the SSJ100 thread.

But I would never want to fly in an SSJ100 that was made by HESA on an offset agreement. Or any other bird assembled by HESA.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 01:58 AM   #2549
amin03

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
And I personally announced that deal before anyone in the SSJ100 thread.

But I would never want to fly in an SSJ100 that was made by HESA on an offset agreement. Or any other bird assembled by HESA.
HESA after sanctions can be a lot different than what it is now...
Old November 24th, 2015, 02:03 AM   #2550
sponge_bob

Ah No. Aircraft manufacturing takes many many years to learn. If Sukhoi owned HESA things would be done right I am sure.
Old November 24th, 2015, 02:09 AM   #2551
amin03

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Ah No. Aircraft manufacturing takes many many years to learn. If Sukhoi owned HESA things would be done right I am sure.
Many years? Better start now then I'm sure they can do a good job if the needed material is provided, which they don't have now. I can see a cooperation between HESA and Sukhoi in near future.
Old November 24th, 2015, 02:21 AM   #2552
sponge_bob

Sukhoi would be totally mad to trust HESA with any process they did not fully control. That means outright ownership.

Anything less will kill a lot of Iranian people prematurely.
Old November 24th, 2015, 05:57 AM   #2553
IranAir

Likes (Received): 308

Quote:
Hi! Iran Air is not blacklisted, only sanctioned at the moment. Mahan Air is blacklisted and sanctioned.
The sanctions are general for Iran and the blacklist for Mahan Air is cause they do suspicious things in Syria, according to US.
1. Impressive that despite all of this Mahan Air is such a better airline

2. If Mahan Air is involved in Syria they are retarded. They should not get involved

3. The Americans piss me off. Iran's role in Syria has been positive. It has helped Assad keep power against terrorists. The Americans are such hypocrits

4. I hope no Iranians get the Superjet. Russian planes are garbage and if this one is different it will take a decade for it to prove itself. We should wait. Fix the situation with Canada and get the CSeries which is much better. Or go for Embraer
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 09:39 AM   #2554
IRANA320

Quote:

The sanctions will be removed but not the blacklist. So Iran Air is basically free but Mahan Air will continure to struggle. Any company/person linked to Mahan Air will also be blacklisted so the situation is complex...sadly :/
Thank you! That has really surprised me :o
So is there no way for mahan to order new planes ? For example, i have read that iran plans to found an extern company which shall order new planes for iranian airlines and then transfer it to them... Could that be a solution ?
Old November 24th, 2015, 01:33 PM   #2555
amin03

Quote:
Thank you! That has really surprised me :o
So is there no way for mahan to order new planes ? For example, i have read that iran plans to found an extern company which shall order new planes for iranian airlines and then transfer it to them... Could that be a solution ?
That can be a solution and it's the solution they have used for a while. For example when the front company of Mahan Air, Al Naser Airlines in Iraq, imported the 9 aircraft in May 2015 they were the extern company that brought the 9 aircraft into the fleet. However, any company with hands in Mahan Air's business will be blacklisted, exactly what Al Naser Airlines got some weeks after. Therefore I don't think any extern company wants to help Mahan Air due to the risk of getting blacklisted, but it may be. The constant threath from US' side saying that they will confiscate the aircraft whenever they want poses a risk to it too.
Old November 24th, 2015, 03:06 PM   #2556
amin03

http://www.austrianairlines.ag/Press...E5E3CB68ED8%7d

Via Amirex111
Old November 24th, 2015, 05:00 PM   #2557
IRANA320

Wow that is just fantastic !!!!!
Old November 24th, 2015, 07:38 PM   #2558
IRANA320

Hi Amin, may i ask you what happened to your blog about iranian aviation ? Unfortunately i cant find it anymore
Old November 24th, 2015, 07:45 PM   #2559
amin03

Quote:
Hi Amin, may i ask you what happened to your blog about iranian aviation ? Unfortunately i cant find it anymore
I have pm'd you
Old November 26th, 2015, 08:23 PM   #2560
billding

Likes (Received): 733

Persian _Gulf your designs are getting better.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines