daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 2nd, 2016, 08:44 AM   #2621
ZNaseer

Likes (Received): 351

Last active commercial B747SP in the world (EP-IAC)

patel2897 liked this post
ZNaseer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2016, 06:22 AM   #2622
IranAir

Likes (Received): 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian_Gulf View Post
unfortunately we can't keep politics out of Iran's aviation industry as it are politics which kept us behind, and not only our aviation, but Iran in general.

Iran doesn't involve their airlines into political matters either, except for Mahan Air in Syria maybe.
Remember that our aviation industry is behind, because of American sanctions.

You can blame Iran for its policies, but then you should blame countries like KSA too, which are the biggest supporters of terrorism.
The US knows this as well, but they need Saudi oil and resources.

Kuwait Airways is growing and they've some great plans for the future, also I wouldn't consider Kuwait as an example as they have very good relations with the west, unlike Iran.

Basically we should kneel for US policies and US companies just because they are great, and meanwhile they can discriminate Iran, Iranians and let them lobby against us.

Airbus has great planes as well, and remember when ordering Boeing, it might still be a risk as the next US administration will probably sanction us for our missile system, human rights abuse and support for terrorism like they love to call it.

I love to see Boeings in Iran as well, but not at the price of just anything!
We can't be enemies with the wole world. Have you ever considered that we may be the problem and not all the courries that screw us (US, Canada, UK, Israel ' Arabs)? Even Turkey does it, so did Russia when it came to the Caspian.

Don't alwyas blame others (I am not defending any of those countries).

In any vase if US sanctions hit Iran hen Iran can't get Airbus either because they have American spare parts.

Iran needs to be more mature. Business is business and not buying from Boeing only harms Iranians. Boeing will continue to profit regardless. The main winners will be regional airlines in the Persian Gulf and Turkey.

IRANA320 liked this post
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 02:17 PM   #2623
Persian_Gulf

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
We can't be enemies with the whole world. Have you ever considered that we may be the problem and not all the countries that screw us (US, Canada, UK, Israel ' Arabs)? Even Turkey does it, so did Russia when it came to the Caspian.
Why are we the ones to blame?

Just because we defend our people's rights?
  • Nuclear program
  • Ballistic missiles program
  • Supporting our allies in the region
Iran has been boycotted from day one!

First because we wanted to nationalize our oil after that in the late 70s when it were the British, French and Americans who helped to install the foundation of the Islamic Republic in Iran, because the Shah wasn't useful to them anymore. Even Ronald Reagan has admitted that they made a mistake on Iran, just after the hostage crisis!

Quote:
Don't always blame others (I am not defending any of those countries).
Why shouldn't I? When it are those countries who blame us all the time.
The only thing Iran hasn't been blamed for by the United States is Global warming.

Quote:
In any vase if US sanctions hit Iran then Iran can't get Airbus either because they have American spare parts.
Once sanctions are lifted, europeans won't comply to American pressure anymore as new sanctions would bring US policies in question and will be seen as a violation of the nuclear deal.

This has also been the reason why there are already tons of contracts signed between Iran and western companies, not to forget all of the delegations and head of states who have visited Iran recently.

The european union knows that Iran is a multi-billion market and they won't let that glide away one more time.

Paragraph 29 of the Nuclear agreement will explain you that.

That's also the exact reason why congress as against this deal, because it would be hard for them to replace sanctions on Iran under this agreement.

Quote:
Iran needs to be more mature. Business is business and not buying from Boeing only harms Iranians. Boeing will continue to profit regardless. The main winners will be regional airlines in the Persian Gulf and Turkey.
Iranians want safe air-travel above all, the rest comes later.
Airbus can provide us with that as well.

Buying Boeing would be a risk as this is an all American entity and they can boycott the orders whenever they like to, or even refuse spare-parts.

But we both know that at the end Iran will buy from both Airbus and Boeing.
Iranian officials have said this.

The question is here, which order will be bigger? I guess Airbus as Iranian airlines have been prominently airbus users over the past three decades.

TEHR_IR liked this post
Persian_Gulf está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 03:28 PM   #2624
IranAir

This is how the world worksworks. You either act like China and get strong and then go for your interests or you are weak and do what North Korea and Iran do and end up isolated.

IRANA320, clementberlu liked this post
Old January 4th, 2016, 03:42 PM   #2625
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
This is how the world worksworks. You either act like China and get strong and then go for your interests or you are weak and do what North Korea and Iran do and end up isolated.
We couldn't be like China as we didn't have the opportunities.

China was once very isolated too, and they only became strong after the isolation was lifted.

I hope the same thing happens to Iran now as well.

clementberlu, TEHR_IR liked this post
Old January 4th, 2016, 08:23 PM   #2626
Persian_Gulf

KSA has suspended all Saudi carriers to fly to Iran and all Iranian carriers are suspended from using Saudi airspace.

This will cause difficulties for hajj for sure.
Old January 4th, 2016, 10:48 PM   #2627
Persian_Gulf

It's a pretty simple design, but I thought I'd share it.

TEHR_IR liked this post
Old January 5th, 2016, 10:48 AM   #2628
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
KSA has suspended all Saudi carriers to fly to Iran and all Iranian carriers are suspended from using Saudi airspace.

This will cause difficulties for hajj for sure.
EK and co are already rubbing their hands...

sponge_bob liked this post
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 12:06 PM   #2629
amin03

Likes (Received): 227

I have written this regarding the Saudi case. But Hajj is still allowed for Iranians, although via carriers like EK, QR etc. How desperate is that... http://www.aviationiran.com/2016/01/...nian-airlines/

Last edited by amin03; January 5th, 2016 at 01:12 PM.
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 03:06 PM   #2630
Persian_Gulf

"I fear that we are only in the beginning of this conflict, and there's a great danger of escalation.

This is a part of the major conflict going on between Sunni and Shia Muslims, which we can witness in countries such as Syria and Yemen.
The UAE is also a Sunni country and is closely allied with Saudi Arabia.

Even a small escalation could easily mean that EK and EY would be banned from flying to Iran and use Iranian airspace. Now, that would be a major headache for EK.
They're already banned from using Syrian and much of Iraqi airspace. They would have to route all European and North American flights over either Egypt or Israel.

A major escalation could mean all-out war between Iran and the Shias in Iraq on the one hand, and Sunni countries such as Saudi Arabia and UAE on the other hand. That could easily mean the end of EK.

I can assure you that no airline in the Middle East is watching these events with glee."

Someone wrote this earlier on the Airliners.net forum.

What do you guys think?

goschio liked this post
Old January 5th, 2016, 03:13 PM   #2631
amin03

Quote:

What do you guys think?
Erm, I hope it doesn't escalate. Iran has condemned and written a letter to the UN about the embassy attack and apologized. Saudi said that they are open to restore relations with Iran if Iran change their mindset. I hope that Iran and Saudi can come along, not that I like Saudi, but this isn't good. Saudi shouldn't have gone this far, they're much like drama queens.

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
Old January 5th, 2016, 09:05 PM   #2632
amin03

LOT will launch flights from Warsaw to Tehran: http://www.aviationiran.com/2016/01/...o-iran-launch/
Old January 6th, 2016, 06:24 PM   #2633
Persian_Gulf

TEHR_IR liked this post
Old January 6th, 2016, 08:17 PM   #2634
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

I really like the livery of flyBaghdad, especially its font and arabic writing !
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2016, 08:31 PM   #2635
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
I really like the livery of flyBaghdad, especially its font and arabic writing !
Iranian airlines can't use that kind of writing/font.

Persian script is Nastaliq, which you can compare to Urdu.

Arabic script is totally different and therefore not suitable for Iranian airlines as that font is not used in Iran.

According to many sources:

Persian: نستعلیق nastaʿlīq) (includes of words: "Naskh (نسخ)" and "ta'liq (تعلیق)") is one of the main calligraphic hands used in writing the Persian script, and traditionally the predominant style in Persian calligraphy. It was developed in Iran in the 8th and 9th centuries.

TEHR_IR liked this post
Old January 7th, 2016, 07:15 AM   #2636
billding

Likes (Received): 733

I have seen plenty of modern Persian fonts used in Iran, and even Qeshm Air have it.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 07:19 AM   #2637
billding

Likes (Received): 733

Regarding the post which says Saudi have stopped all their airlines to Iran, did flynas conduct hajj flights to Iran? thats the only other Saudi carrier.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 10:36 AM   #2638
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
I have seen plenty of modern Persian fonts used in Iran, and even Qeshm Air have it.
Arabac font is not modern, it's a style of font. Nastaliq is my opinion is much more elegant.

Why should we use Arabic font, when we can use our own for our carriers??

Qeshm is a southern Persian Gulf Aorline with close ties to Arab culture and therefore diferent.

TEHR_IR liked this post
Old January 8th, 2016, 03:51 AM   #2639
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by amin03 View Post
Erm, I hope it doesn't escalate. Iran has condemned and written a letter to the UN about the embassy attack and apologized. Saudi said that they are open to restore relations with Iran if Iran change their mindset. I hope that Iran and Saudi can come along, not that I like Saudi, but this isn't good. Saudi shouldn't have gone this far, they're much like drama queens.

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
Iran should resume ties to Saudi Arabia, Israel, the US.

I hate this BS of cutting ties and renaming streets in front of embassies or the actual embassies.

Israel to Palestine Street and initially PLO headquarter
UK to Bobby Sands
Egypt to Khaled Istanbouli Street
US embassy called Den of Spies
Saudi to Nimr

How backward are these people.
Old January 8th, 2016, 02:09 PM   #2640
Persian_Gulf

I have heard Gulf Air has suspended flights too, but according to FR24, all flights are still active...

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines