daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 8th, 2016, 02:11 PM   #2641
Persian_Gulf

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
Regarding the post which says Saudi have stopped all their airlines to Iran, did flynas conduct hajj flights to Iran? thats the only other Saudi carrier.
They've stopped it as well. IranAir and Mahan Air has stopped them also.

TEHR_IR liked this post
Persian_Gulf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2016, 02:12 PM   #2642
Persian_Gulf

I have made some Norooz paints as well and sent all of them to IranAir together with my other designs and to other carriers as well. Let's hope for some response

TEHR_IR, billding, Zaz965 liked this post
Old January 13th, 2016, 06:36 PM   #2643
amin03

Likes (Received): 227

http://www.aviationiran.com/2016/01/...w-cargo-route/
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 10:29 PM   #2644
billding

Likes (Received): 733

Pakistani charter airline Icon Air seem to have shut down, their single 738 has been returned to lessor, doubt they operated even one flight to Mashhad.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 06:46 PM   #2645
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Hey dear Amin,
I read your news about an up***ing aircraft deal... So it is probable that Iran Air will get A330 which is awesome! But what else can we excpect in the near future ? For me, many questions arise...
What other a/c types do you think Iran Air will order, only Airbus or also Boeing ? And what about the other carriers like Taban, Aseman, Caspian, Kish... Will they also order new Airbus and Boeing aircrafts ? Of course you are not a fortune teller but maybe you could share your thoughts with us ?

What i find most interesting is the future of Mahan Air. If all other iranian carriers are allowed to order new planes except them, they wont be ***petitive in the near future... So what do you think will Mahan Air do in order to renew their fleet?

Thank you in advance !

Last edited by IRANA320; January 14th, 2016 at 11:29 PM.
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2016, 12:29 PM   #2646
amin03

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
Hey dear Amin,
I read your news about an up***ing aircraft deal... So it is probable that Iran Air will get A330 which is awesome! But what else can we excpect in the near future ? For me, many questions arise...
What other a/c types do you think Iran Air will order, only Airbus or also Boeing ? And what about the other carriers like Taban, Aseman, Caspian, Kish... Will they also order new Airbus and Boeing aircrafts ? Of course you are not a fortune teller but maybe you could share your thoughts with us ?

What i find most interesting is the future of Mahan Air. If all other iranian carriers are allowed to order new planes except them, they wont be ***petitive in the near future... So what do you think will Mahan Air do in order to renew their fleet?

Thank you in advance !
Hello, I have heard rumors that Iran will get 18 A330s, 11 new and 7 second hand. Probably A320/A321 will be bought too. When Boeing opens its doors I have heard of some B737 and B748s.

About those other airlines like Taban...some of them will by high chance buy SSJ100, but they aren't allowed in Iran now. So Iran must first accept the aircraft type.

Mahan Air will probably not stop doing their business causing their appereance on the blacklist, so they will take new sneaky ways of buying aircraft. In March Tehran Air will start operations with A340s and A321s. I have heard that Mahan Air might completely disappear and become Tehran Air, or that Mahan Air will do business under Tehran Air's name. However, I do not think that US is that dumb to not know who the owner of Tehran Air is, the blacklisted Mahan Air.

Anyways, those days ahead of us now are the most interesting days in the Iranian aviation industry. I will post everything on my website and share it to you.

I wish you the best.
Old January 16th, 2016, 01:40 PM   #2647
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Thank you so much for your informative and high-quality work ! All the best for you too !

amin03 liked this post
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2016, 02:56 PM   #2648
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2207

Quote:
Originally Posted by amin03 View Post
I have heard that Mahan Air might completely disappear and become Tehran Air, or that Mahan Air will do business under Tehran Air's name. However, I do not think that US is that dumb to not know who the owner of Tehran Air is, the blacklisted Mahan Air.
Call it Air Damascus and they will never know.

clementberlu liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2016, 08:55 PM   #2649
Persian_Gulf

I spoke with some IranAir officials which I have been in contact with for a while and they've told me that these are all rumours and not true.

He said that IranAir doesn't have the money to buy 114 planes and the government isn't giving them a reasonable budget to do so.

They've said that they won't order many new planes now as it could take years before they get delivered.

He told me that we'll might only see a few A330s and A320s coming to Iran in the next two to three months, which are second hand as well.

IRANA320, TEHR_IR liked this post
Old January 17th, 2016, 01:02 AM   #2650
amin03

Isn't it confirmed that 114 aircraft will be bought though? And about the financiation, airlines usually lease aircraft, not buying them.

Not critizing you or anything, just a bit confused
Old January 17th, 2016, 01:09 AM   #2651
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
Isn't it confirmed that 114 aircraft will be bought though? And about the financiation, airlines usually lease aircraft, not buying them.

Not critizing you or anything, just a bit confused
Yes, it's probably going to be financed by leaseback contracts.

It isn't confirmed yet as they haven't signed any contracts... It will probably happen when Rouhani visits Paris on Jan28th

most airlines buy airplanes, they only lease them as a short term interim solution, which I hope will be the case for Iran as well.
Anyhow... I hope and some others which I've spoken too are wrong.

amin03, TEHR_IR liked this post
Old January 17th, 2016, 01:40 AM   #2652
amin03

US to remove CEO of #Iran @mahanair from @Interpol watch list. @USTreasury accused him of smuggling arms to #Syria. https://t.co/OLJvmZOTQs
Old January 17th, 2016, 01:43 AM   #2653
Persian_Gulf

Quote:
US to remove CEO of #Iran @mahanair from @Interpol watch list. @USTreasury accused him of smuggling arms to #Syria. https://t.co/OLJvmZOTQs
Does this mean that Mahan Air will be allowed buy planes as well?

TEHR_IR liked this post
Old January 17th, 2016, 02:35 PM   #2654
amin03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian_Gulf View Post
Does this mean that Mahan Air will be allowed buy planes as well?
If he is removed from the blacklist, and he is the highest person in the company, I guess they can?
However I can not confirm that.

Last edited by amin03; January 17th, 2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old January 18th, 2016, 12:09 AM   #2655
patel2897
INDIA

Likes (Received): 3613

Iran Air | Airbus A300-600R | EP-IBC at VABB/BOM

Spotted By : Dhiren Khatri
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw

Zaz965 liked this post
patel2897 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 12:11 AM   #2656
patel2897
INDIA

Likes (Received): 3613

Self Deleted
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by patel2897; January 18th, 2016 at 10:32 PM.
patel2897 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 05:39 AM   #2657
billding

amin03 I just saw on flightradar24 Cathay Pacific Cargo flying over Iran, your blog mentions CX avoiding Iran airspace or is that for passenger flights only.

Also Southern Air and Atlas of USA, thought US carriers are barred from Iran airspace.

Last edited by billding; January 18th, 2016 at 07:13 AM.
Old January 18th, 2016, 06:34 AM   #2658
billding

Has Aseman dropped some international routes?

Patel no more 747 on the route?

Last edited by billding; January 18th, 2016 at 08:00 AM.
Old January 18th, 2016, 01:31 PM   #2659
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2207

Iran airspace is full of A380s to and from Europe and US to Dubai...daily. Iraqi airspace is the one that is avoided since Daesh have possession of older S300 missiles (but maybe not their radars) along with Ukraine airspace.

That leaves a busy route across Iran and Turkey that is safe.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 02:04 PM   #2660
amin03

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
amin03 I just saw on flightradar24 Cathay Pacific Cargo flying over Iran, your blog mentions CX avoiding Iran airspace or is that for passenger flights only.

Also Southern Air and Atlas of USA, thought US carriers are barred from Iran airspace.
Yes, I believe it's only for passenger flights. And US carriers use the Iranian airspace frequently

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines