daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 28th, 2016, 08:10 PM   #2761
Manazir

Likes (Received): 513

Congratulations to Iran Air for this massive order! Must be really a lucky day for Airbus as well, receiving orders for 118 aircraft in total on a single day by a single airline! Hoping to see Iran Air colors on these aircraft soon, although would be really good if they have a new livery

My recently started Travel Blog
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2016, 08:11 PM   #2762
IranAir

Likes (Received): 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian_Gulf View Post
The agreement for*118*new aircraft signed by Mr Farhad Parvaresh, Iran Air Chairman and CEO, includes 21*A320ceofamily, 24*A320neo family,*27*A330ceo family,*18*A330neo (-900),*16*A350-1000*and*12*A380.

http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/new...ail/iran-deal/
Very ambitious but great news. Iran Air better creates its own terminal at IKA and starts upgrading service.

I hope they also get professional designers to design a modern livery and interior (hope all planes look alike and not random) and get IFEs.

Also the A320s should have fully flat beds for European flights (like single aisle coast to coast American planes). Very important to get planes with big business sections to all major European cities.

Shame that the order includes 21 A320ceos and 27 A330ceos but realistically this was the only option as neos are not available yet. I presume the ceos are all new?

I still think A350-1000 makes more sense than A380. I am not a huge fan of massive planes and also cannot see where so much demand is coming from.

Now get 50 or so CSeries for short haul and maybe 20 Dreamliners and Iran Air will have one of the best fleet in the world.

Last edited by IranAir; January 28th, 2016 at 08:18 PM.
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2016, 08:27 PM   #2763
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Buying 787 would not make sense as they have already ordered 330 and 350.
Aditionally, probably some ATR will join the fleet as well as this was announced earlier.
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2016, 09:59 PM   #2764
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
Buying 787 would not make sense as they have already ordered 330 and 350.
Aditionally, probably some ATR will join the fleet as well as this was announced earlier.
Apaprently they want much more medium to long-haul planes and they want to do deals with Boeing as well.

ATRs are garbage. I hope they just buy from Bombardier.
Old January 28th, 2016, 11:24 PM   #2765
Shenkey

Likes (Received): 2101

patel2897, IranAir, wwc234, Equario, Orion602 and 4 others liked this post
Shenkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2016, 03:29 AM   #2766
wwc234

Likes (Received): 5125

Iran selects Airbus for its civil aviation renewal

28 JANUARY 2016 PRESS RELEASE
Iran officials have signed two agreements with Airbus covering new aircraft orders and a comprehensive civil aviation co-operation package. The agreements were signed at the Élysée Palace, Paris, during Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s official visit to France with French President François Hollande.
Iran Air has signed an agreement with Airbus for the acquisition of the full range of new Airbus airliners (73 widebodies and 45 single aisle). This includes pilot and maintenance training and support services to help the entry into service and efficient operations of these new aircraft.
In parallel the Minister of Roads and Urban Development, Dr. Abbas Ahmad Akhoundi, has signed a comprehensive co-operation agreement as part of the country’s modernisation of its civil aviation sector, to support the development of air navigation services (ATM), airport and aircraft operations, regulatory harmonization, technical and academic training, maintenance, repair and industrial cooperation.
These two agreements took place as part of the implementation of the JCPOA (Joint Comprehensive Plan Of Action) on January 16th 2016, and its associated rules and guidance.
The agreement for 118 new aircraft signed by Mr Farhad Parvaresh, Iran Air Chairman and CEO, includes 21 A320ceo family, 24 A320neo family, 27 A330ceo family, 18 A330neo (-900), 16 A350-1000 and 12 A380.
"Today’s announcement is the start of re-establishing our civil aviation sector into the envy of the region and along with partners like Airbus we’ll ensure the highest world standards,” said Mr Farhad Parvaresh, Iran Air Chairman and CEO.
“The skies have cleared for Iran’s flying public and Airbus is proud to welcome Iran’s commercial aviation back into the international civil aviation community. Today is a significant step in the overhaul and modernisation of Iran’s commercial aviation sector and Airbus stands ready to play its role in supporting it,” said Fabrice Brégier, Airbus President and CEO.
Airbus is the world’s leading aircraft manufacturer of passenger airliners, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus has design and manufacturing facilities in France, Germany, the UK, and Spain, and subsidiaries in the US, China, India, Japan and in the Middle East. In addition, it provides the highest standard of customer support and training through an expanding international network.

http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/new...ail/iran-deal/
wwc234 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2016, 05:40 AM   #2767
sacto7654

Likes (Received): 283

I think Between Iran Air and Mahan Air, they should have bought mostly A320neo and A330neo planes initially, primarily to replace a mix of older planes on Iranian domestic and regional international routes. And in the longer run, buy the A350XWB-900 and -1000 for longer-range international flights.
sacto7654 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2016, 10:39 AM   #2768
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2207

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwc234 View Post
"Today’s announcement is the start of re-establishing our civil aviation sector into the envy of the region"
The region has changed utterly in the past 30 years or did nobody notice in Tehran? Out Emirates..ing Emirates is impossible.

Momo1435, Qtya liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2016, 11:08 AM   #2769
AlexisMD

Likes (Received): 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
ATRs are garbage.
Based on what ?
AlexisMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2016, 06:14 PM   #2770
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisMD View Post
Based on what ?
Noisy, uncomfortable and two crashes last 2 years.
Old January 29th, 2016, 06:17 PM   #2771
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacto7654 View Post
I think Between Iran Air and Mahan Air, they should have bought mostly A320neo and A330neo planes initially, primarily to replace a mix of older planes on Iranian domestic and regional international routes. And in the longer run, buy the A350XWB-900 and -1000 for longer-range international flights.
I agree with you. A380 makes no sense.

I think Iran Air did it more for publicity. Maybe it was a smart move but I think A350s make more sense.

Hardly anyone is buying 747-8s (they do for cargo) or A380s (Emirates and generally flights to Heathrow are the exception) anymore.

sponge_bob liked this post
Old January 29th, 2016, 06:35 PM   #2772
IRANA320

I disagree. You should remember that iran air wants to serve airports with slot problems, so i think that a380 makes sense. And since they were able to operate 747 succesfully for decades, why shouldnt it be possible with a380?
Old January 29th, 2016, 07:27 PM   #2773
sponge_bob

We may find that the order for 12 A380s allows cancellations or order switches to A330 or A50 instead....just in case. Iran has ordered the very last ones to be built ( for 2019 delivery) and if they cancel up to end 2017 the line shuts up early...is all.

As IranAir said earlier they are good for slot constrained airports. 4 or 6 of them would be enough from what I can make out. The key ones are Heathrow ( now) and Paris and Frankfurt later. Brussels Zaventem may end up slot constrained but there would not be an A380 worth of business there from Iran.

So 4 to 6 A380s make some sort of sense and maybe 2 high density 800 seat 'Hajj Class' A380s but what would you do with them most of the time outside Hajj and Nawruz ??

12 does not compute...for me. Iran also operated the smallest 747 Jumbos ever made, a hot n high compromise built for Iran.

Last edited by sponge_bob; January 29th, 2016 at 07:37 PM.
Old January 29th, 2016, 08:25 PM   #2774
IRANA320

In some years you will not be able to compare Iran Air to what it is now, i expect IKA to become a global hub for travellers. I see many destinations in america and asia having the potential for an a380 service.
As an example: for a daily a380 flight to Los Angeles, IR would need 3 airplanes just for this flight...
Old January 29th, 2016, 09:54 PM   #2775
Persian_Gulf

Likes (Received): 928

Anyone who considers the IR order to be politically motivated or even too ambitious really needs to look at how things are in Iran right now. Less than 20% of our domestic airports are currently operational. Those that are operating have decent runways but have terminals and gate space that still provides almost exactly the same capacity that was required back in the late '70s.

Now that sanctions have been lifted, Iran wants to grow its economy and forge links to the rest of the world. The only way to do that in the short term is to provide as much capacity as they can fill, to hubs around the world, using the largest aircraft they can, to maximize the use of the limited terminal and gate space they have. Hence the significant numbers of 330ceo and A380 (for medium/long haul) and relatively small numbers of 320ceo (for domestic/regional short haul) to kick-start things. Then, as more infrastructure becomes available, they can increase the number of destinations, and frequencies, hence the 320neos, 330neos and A350s.

To me, the IR order mix makes perfect sense given the current infrastructure situation in Iran.
Persian_Gulf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2016, 11:17 PM   #2776
sponge_bob

Yes but short haul aircraft in the developed world are often no longer boarded by an airbridge but by rolling 2 sets of stairs out to the aircraft, this is the low cost model in Europe. In winter rain and snow, out you go.

This terminal you see HERE has no airbridges, and 9 parking stands outside the terminal. That's all the airport has.

That small terminal handles over 4m passengers a year.

If Iran Air runs a 'low cost' type high speed ground turnaround and with no inflight meals service INSIDE Iran it can do so with very small terminals. Believe me.

Aer Lingus in Ireland is a hybrid like that, full service Long Haul and no frills short haul.
Old January 30th, 2016, 12:11 AM   #2777
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian_Gulf View Post
Anyone who considers the IR order to be politically motivated or even too ambitious really needs to look at how things are in Iran right now. Less than 20% of our domestic airports are currently operational. Those that are operating have decent runways but have terminals and gate space that still provides almost exactly the same capacity that was required back in the late '70s.

Now that sanctions have been lifted, Iran wants to grow its economy and forge links to the rest of the world. The only way to do that in the short term is to provide as much capacity as they can fill, to hubs around the world, using the largest aircraft they can, to maximize the use of the limited terminal and gate space they have. Hence the significant numbers of 330ceo and A380 (for medium/long haul) and relatively small numbers of 320ceo (for domestic/regional short haul) to kick-start things. Then, as more infrastructure becomes available, they can increase the number of destinations, and frequencies, hence the 320neos, 330neos and A350s.

To me, the IR order mix makes perfect sense given the current infrastructure situation in Iran.
What you say is contradictory. You say right now A380s make sense and later they can have higher frequency but smaller planes.

The A380s are coming from 2019.
Old January 30th, 2016, 12:41 AM   #2778
IRANA320

https://t.co/tvP8LXeqRK

So did i understand the article right that an unknown chinese company is responsible for design and construction of the new terminal at kish airport ??? Allah, allah....
Old January 30th, 2016, 01:25 AM   #2779
Persian_Gulf

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
What you say is contradictory. You say right now A380s make sense and later they can have higher frequency but smaller planes.

The A380s are coming from 2019.
So are 70% of all other planes, except for some A320s and A330s CEO's
Persian_Gulf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2016, 01:48 AM   #2780
Kutsuit
Nadia 🗺 ✈

Likes (Received): 9022

Iran to Start Purchasing Sukhoi Superjet-100 Planes ‘Very Soon’

Despite signing a new deal with Airbus to buy 118 planes worth $25-billion, Iran is still interested in reaching an agreement with Russia’s Sukhoi for the purchase of Sukhoi Superjet-100 (SSJ-100) passenger planes, one of the top managers of Iran Civil Aviation Organization (IRI) told Sputnik in an exclusive interview.

http://sputniknews.com/business/2016...erjet-100.html

Kutsuit no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines