daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 21st, 2016, 08:01 PM   #2961
billding

Likes (Received): 733

Air India 747-400 will be performing VIP flight to THR tomorrow.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2016, 09:37 PM   #2962
patel2897
INDIA

Likes (Received): 3604

prime minister of India Narendra Modi going to visiting Iran
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw
patel2897 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2016, 07:20 PM   #2963
billding

He didnt use the 747 but a Indian govt. 737-700, However 747 and an A321 had visited Tehran few years back for non-alligned nations summit.
Old May 25th, 2016, 05:19 PM   #2964
Spam King
Make America Great Again!

Likes (Received): 569

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
Maldives have broken off diplomatic ties with Iran does that mean Mahan wont be flying there anymore?
Mahan was banned from flying to Saudi Arabia when they cut ties, but the Saudis are a lot more antagonistic towards Iran than anyone else.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
Spam King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 07:46 PM   #2965
amin03

Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam King View Post
Mahan was banned from flying to Saudi Arabia when they cut ties, but the Saudis are a lot more antagonistic towards Iran than anyone else.
Yes, but actually Saudi announced to ban Mahan Air in April 2016. The relations were cut in January 2016. Mahan Air doesn't even fly to or uses the Saudi airspace. Provocation much?
amin03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 07:47 PM   #2966
amin03

Overcapacity at Tehran-Mehrabad Forces Flights to Divert to IKA

http://www.aviationiran.com/2016/05/...divert-to-ika/
Old May 25th, 2016, 10:42 PM   #2967
billding

Oman Air will upgauge three of their daily IKA frequencies from 737-800 to A330-200 from winter schedule.

routesonline.com

Amirex111 liked this post
Old June 3rd, 2016, 06:19 PM   #2968
Amirex111

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
Oman Air will upgauge three of their daily IKA frequencies from 737-800 to A330-200 from winter schedule.

routesonline.com
Wow that's huge demand growth when you compare a few years ago they didn't even fly to Iran. Wonder who other than Bahrainis are using this route?!
Amirex111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2016, 06:28 PM   #2969
Amirex111

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
Germany's biggest Newspaper Bild is writing about Mahan Air's Syria Activities as a main story today. It is the number one topic on their website and they even try to catch attention calling it 'breaking news'
Well, being called "scandal terror airline" is perfect marketing for Mahan Air in Germany... Congratulations!

http://m.bild.de/bild-plus/politik/a...ildMobile.html
Bild is known for anti-Iran articles. They once did a presentation at my university in Germany and I almost feel out of my seat when the Bild presenter spoke of their missions as a company. One being to support Isreal's position! I could not believe that they were being so honest and revealing. But how a newspaper can stay partial with such a world view?!? It was much more apparent when reading articles during Ahmadinejads time. Interviews with Iranian officials were so funny! Google some of them for a good laugh.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 09:01 PM   #2970
geostudent

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirex111 View Post
Bild is known for anti-Iran articles. They once did a presentation at my university in Germany and I almost feel out of my seat when the Bild presenter spoke of their missions as a company. One being to support Isreal's position! I could not believe that they were being so honest and revealing. But how a newspaper can stay partial with such a world view?!? It was much more apparent when reading articles during Ahmadinejads time. Interviews with Iranian officials were so funny! Google some of them for a good laugh.
Be careful not to put all Middle East issues in one pot.
The fact that Bild is pro-Israel is nothing special in Germany. The majority of Germans are, supporting Israel is "state dogma", that is the official line of the government. If you look at history, you know why.

But you are right that Bild is a bit the German Fox News, anything dealing with terrorism is a decent headline for them, and they tend to make everything simple.

However, are they wrong on the background ? Mahan Air isn't on the American list for nothing. IKA airport is known to be a place where weapons transit to Hezbollah and Syria. But we do not really know what role Iran Air and Mahan play in this. The whole governance is opaque... But I'm sure they comply with all the rules when they're Germany-bound
geostudent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2016, 10:49 PM   #2971
Amirex111

Quote:
Originally Posted by geostudent View Post
Be careful not to put all Middle East issues in one pot.
The fact that Bild is pro-Israel is nothing special in Germany. The majority of Germans are, supporting Israel is "state dogma", that is the official line of the government. If you look at history, you know why.

But you are right that Bild is a bit the German Fox News, anything dealing with terrorism is a decent headline for them, and they tend to make everything simple.

However, are they wrong on the background ? Mahan Air isn't on the American list for nothing. IKA airport is known to be a place where weapons transit to Hezbollah and Syria. But we do not really know what role Iran Air and Mahan play in this. The whole governance is opaque... But I'm sure they comply with all the rules when they're Germany-bound
As I live in Germany, I know very well that for the next couple of hundred years, Germany has to not learn from its past and support Israel blindly while the Israelis do ironically that what they so often like to remind the world that happened to them.

Regarding Mahan and the "US list" well that is interesting. As Iran is completely unique in supporting its causes. Iran is labeled world's largest supporter of terrorism. The US/Isrealis/Arabs ship weapons to their causes killing civilians in the millions and Iran is the worlds sponsor of terror.

We live in a world of branding everything. They are "terrorist" and we have "allies". When someone from the third world moves to the West they are "migrants" when a Westerner moves to the Middle Eastern they are "expats".

So I am not really wondering why Mahan gets that label. Coming back to the Bild, I was not surprised at the fact that they do that, as I said, I was only shocked that it was done in such an open way.

Spam King liked this post
Old June 15th, 2016, 08:05 AM   #2972
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62987

Reuters reports that a deal between Iran and Boeing to purchase more then 100 planes is reached and will be officially announced in the near future.

Quote:
Iran says reaches deal to acquire Boeing planes

Iran said it had reached an agreement with Boeing Co (BA.N) for the supply of jetliners on Tuesday, reopening the country's skies to new U.S. aircraft for the first time in decades under an international deal to ease sanctions.

Details of the agreement were left vague, but Western and Middle East sources said that once approved, it would involve flag carrier Iranair acquiring more than 100 Boeing jets, both directly from Boeing and from leasing companies.

"In coming days details of the deal with this company will be announced," Roads and Urban Development Minister Abbas Akhoundi said, according to the semi-official Mehr news agency.

The sources said the agreement was so far only a broad outline of what a formal deal would look like once Boeing has the necessary U.S. government approvals to sell planes to Iran, which has been banned from buying U.S. jets for almost 40 years.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ir...-idUSKCN0Z01QZ

BOC Aviation, the leasing company from Singapore is linked as a financing partner for this deal.

patel2897 liked this post
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2016, 09:24 PM   #2973
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Hello Amin,
I have got a question regarding Sepehran and Taftan Air... in your article you wrote that the Iranian CAO has not granted an AOC to Sepehran because of the age of their airplanes.
However Taftan got their AOC today altough their MD 80 must have more or less the same age like the 737s of Sepehran. Do you have got an explanation for this?
Thank you!
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2016, 09:36 PM   #2974
amin03

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
Hello Amin,
I have got a question regarding Sepehran and Taftan Air... in your article you wrote that the Iranian CAO has not granted an AOC to Sepehran because of the age of their airplanes.
However Taftan got their AOC today altough their MD 80 must have more or less the same age like the 737s of Sepehran. Do you have got an explanation for this?
Thank you!

Hello, yes there's an explanation. A new rule in Iran states that imported aircraft produced pre-1998 cannot operate in the country.

The problem with Sepehran was that they purchased and imported these 737s (all pre-1998) from abroad (Indonesia).

Taftan Air's MD82 is indeed older (1988) but it was transferred from Iran Air Tour (Iran), and is therefore not in subject.
Old June 20th, 2016, 09:51 PM   #2975
billding

Is there a new A310 operator called Tehran Airline?
Old June 20th, 2016, 10:08 PM   #2976
billding

Great news amin's blog says Thai will start Tehran service from October.

http://www.aviationiran.com/2016/06/...-tehran-route/

amin03 liked this post
Old June 21st, 2016, 03:15 PM   #2977
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Iran Air Signs Agreement to Buy Boeing 737, 777 Airplanes

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-777-airplanes

patel2897 liked this post
noir-dresses está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2016, 04:15 PM   #2978
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62987

IranAir's obviously Google translated English statement on their website:

http://www.iranair.com/Portal/Home/S...6-7427b1d83c70

They wil order 737-900(ER) & the 777-300ER via a lease-purchase deal, pending the approval of both governments.
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2016, 09:39 PM   #2979
Sorvete na Testa
Bracho. Paola Bracho!

Likes (Received): 7029

Is Iran trying to compete against the ME3?
Old June 22nd, 2016, 09:40 PM   #2980
amin03

yes

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines