daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #421
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico
 
TEHR_IR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tehran
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 157

Mahan Air entering into close cooperation with Aviareps

Aviareps has been appointed by Mahan Air as their sales and marketing representative. The international airline and tourism management company has been contracted to assist Mahan Air with all sales, marketing and ticketing activities in Germany and the Benelux countries. Mahan Air runs a sales and ticket office in Dusseldorf, which will continue business as usual. The focus of the new cooperation with Aviareps is to strengthen the market position and to increase the market share of Mahan Air.

Mahan Air has developed an extensive route network spanning 28 cities in Europe, the Far East and the Middle East. Currently, the airline operates four weekly flights from Dusseldorf (Germany) to the Imam Khomeini Airport in Tehran - every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This route is carefully coordinated with flights to Bangkok (Thailand), Amritsar and Delhi (both in India). Further convenient connecting flights to the new international destinations are planned for 2010.

“Aviareps is a valuable addition to our global GSA network,” said Mahan Air. “This appointment ensures that we will continue to offer a first-rate service to our customers in Germany and the Benelux countries, which are very important markets for us.”

Edgar Lacker, Vice President Passenger Sales Germany at Aviareps, points out: “We proudly include Mahan Air in our client portfolio. Thanks to the strong international network and our long experience, Aviareps will contribute to strengthening the position of Mahan Air in the contracted territories.”

http://www.traveldailynews.com/pages...-with-Aviareps
__________________
Iran/Persia the best choice to travel!!!

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES


TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2010, 02:58 AM   #422
footiran
Registered User
 
footiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tehran/Toronto
Posts: 81
Likes (Received): 54

Mahan's new A306 pic collection
they really look nice

EP-MNR



EP-MNU


EP-MNQ



EP-MNT


EP-MNS




Last edited by footiran; January 15th, 2010 at 03:05 AM.
footiran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #423
happygamer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
Likes (Received): 0

nice photos ...
its really nice .
happygamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2010, 05:06 AM   #424
footiran
Registered User
 
footiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tehran/Toronto
Posts: 81
Likes (Received): 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygamer View Post
nice photos ...
its really nice .
thanks for ur comment

another pic of lovely Alpha Charlie during her long term overhaul in Farsco

footiran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #425
IRANA320
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 678
Likes (Received): 93

Another incident:

The engine of EP-IBB (A300-600) caught fire:



Stockholm was closed for hours, no one was hurt.
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #426
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico
 
TEHR_IR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tehran
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 157

Iran-Bound Plane Slides Off Runway In Sweden

An Iran Air-owned Airbus bound for Tehran slid off a Stockholm runway on Saturday, but no one was hurt, a Swedish airport official said.

Some 172 people, including 23 crew members, were on board the Airbus 300-600 when it swerved off the runway and glided some 130 yards (100 meters) into the snow. Everyone was safely evacuated, Arlanda airport spokesman Anders Bredfall said.

One of the airport's three runways was closed as officials launched an investigation into the accident.

"Everyone has been safely evacuated and will be flown tomorrow instead," Bredfall said.

Bredfall said the cause of the accident was not immediately clear, but that it is possible that there were problems with one of the plane's two engines, possibly causing it to swerve. "But the investigation has to show what really caused it," he said.

Bredfall said the incident was not expected to cause any major delays to other scheduled flights.




An Iran Air Airbus 300-600 stands in the snow after skidding off the runway on takeoff from Stockholm Arlanda Airport on Saturday Jan. 16, 2010. The aircraft was bound for Teheran and carried 173 passenger and crew, none of whom were injured.



http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=122650436

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020605
__________________
Iran/Persia the best choice to travel!!!

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES


TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #427
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico
 
TEHR_IR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tehran
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 157

Accident: Iran Air F100 at Isfahan on Jan 15th 2010, nose gear collapse on landing

An Iran Air Fokker 100, registration EP-IDA performing flight IR-223 from Tehran Mehrabad to Isfahan (Iran) with 16 passengers, was landing on Isfahan's runway 26R, when the nose gear collapsed. The airplane came to a stop on the runway, no injuries occured.

Runway 08L/26R had to be closed overnight for about 19 hours until the airplane was removed from the runway.

The nose gear strut is reported to have fractured and completely separated from the airframe upon touch down of the nose gear strut.

http://avherald.com/h?article=425dc60f&opt=0
__________________
Iran/Persia the best choice to travel!!!

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES


TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #428
IRANA320
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 678
Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHR_IR View Post
Accident: Iran Air F100 at Isfahan on Jan 15th 2010, nose gear collapse on landing

An Iran Air Fokker 100, registration EP-IDA performing flight IR-223 from Tehran Mehrabad to Isfahan (Iran) with 16 passengers, was landing on Isfahan's runway 26R, when the nose gear collapsed. The airplane came to a stop on the runway, no injuries occured.

Runway 08L/26R had to be closed overnight for about 19 hours until the airplane was removed from the runway.

The nose gear strut is reported to have fractured and completely separated from the airframe upon touch down of the nose gear strut.

http://avherald.com/h?article=425dc60f&opt=0
What??? Only 16 passengers???
What is that?
I
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #429
iranair777
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 327
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
What??? Only 16 passengers???
What is that?
I
thats exactly what i thought! recently the loads domestically are quite low. may be due to the situation in iran
iranair777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #430
IRANA320
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 678
Likes (Received): 93

Iranian People know that lots of the airplanes in Iran are in very bad conditions so they won't fly anymore.
Video to the accident of EP-IBB at Arlanda:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUnAQ...layer_embedded

EP-IBB lost parts of her engine and it caught fire... :-(
(I flew with her last August!)
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #431
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico
 
TEHR_IR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tehran
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 157

27 airport projects to come on stream

TEHRAN -- Iranian Airports Holding Company declared that 27 airport projects will come on stream in 2 months.

The projects will be implemented at the cost of 275 billion rials (some $27.5 million), the Mehr News Agency reported.

Previously an official with the Iranian Airports Holding Company had stated that three hundred investment opportunities worth over $8 billion in 54 domestic airports have been identified.

“In studies carried out in the past two years we found out that most of the present opportunities existed in the international airports,” Rajab Mehrjoui said.

He said that the initial studies to hand over airport projects to the private sector were finished.

About $6 billion worth of the projects are related to Imam Khomeini (AS) airport and $2 billion is related to the other 53 airports, he said.

Mehrjoui said that according to forecasts the aviation industry in Asia would expand, and Iran thanks to its unique geographic location can take advantage of the situation

http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=212153
__________________
Iran/Persia the best choice to travel!!!

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES


TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #432
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico
 
TEHR_IR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tehran
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 157

Tehran demands no discrimination in US airport security measures

Tehran - Iran on Tuesday said there should be no discrimination in new security measures imposed by the United States on international passengers flying to that country. "If a country adopts new security measures, then it should not target innocent people from certain countries," Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said at a press briefing in Tehran.

Citizens from 14 countries - Afghanistan, Algeria, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen - are facing additional security checks when they fly to the United States.

"This is an unsuitable political application and instead of such methods, the real roots [of terrorism] should be explored," the Iranian spokesman said.

The US increased airport security after a Nigerian man allegedly tried to detonate a bomb on a US airliner shortly before its arrival in Detroit on Christmas Day.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...-measures.html
__________________
Iran/Persia the best choice to travel!!!

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES


TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:22 AM   #433
iranair777
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 327
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
Iranian People know that lots of the airplanes in Iran are in very bad conditions so they won't fly anymore.
Video to the accident of EP-IBB at Arlanda:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUnAQ...layer_embedded

EP-IBB lost parts of her engine and it caught fire... :-(
(I flew with her last August!)
what happened from what I've read and seen is this:

Full power applied. A few seconds in after reaching about 40kts engine number one has a compressor stall. Due to the ineffectiveness of rudder at low speeds, the tiller should have been used. But by the time they managed to scan and work out what happened, engine number 2 was still at full power which causes the aircraft to be effectively 'pushed' towards the left. In this very short timespan, the tiller wouldn't have also worked, causing the aircraft to go off the runway and onto the hard frozen ground where steering would not be advisable due to a chance of damaging the gear. Plane stops, everyone gets off.
iranair777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:11 PM   #434
IRANA320
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 678
Likes (Received): 93

Hope we will see EP-IBB flying soon

Last edited by IRANA320; January 21st, 2010 at 07:06 PM.
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:05 PM   #435
IRANA320
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 678
Likes (Received): 93


EP-IBS under check
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 05:26 PM   #436
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico
 
TEHR_IR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tehran
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 157

Lufthansa to Launch Flights to Miami, Tashkent and Tehran

This summer Lufthansa will be offering flights from Munich to three new long-haul destinations. From the end of March, Tashkent, Tehran and Miami will be included in the timetable. In addition, services to Cairo, which were launched this winter from Munich, will be extended until 30 May 2010.

Lufthansa will begin operating the new service to Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan, on 28 March 2010. Many renowned multinational concerns have already established bases in the country because it is rich in raw material resources and agricultural produce. Germany is one of Uzbekistan’s principal import partners and is a key trading partner in terms of exports. Tashkent is also an interesting tourist destination. The city is the gateway to the legendary Silk Road.

Lufthansa will serve Tashkent three times a week (on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays). On each of those days, flight LH 644 will depart from Munich for Uzbekistan at 20.35 hrs. The route will be flown by a Boeing 737-800, which is currently operated on behalf of Lufthansa by the Swiss business jet operator PrivatAir. This aircraft has 24 seats in Business Class and 84 in Economy Class. On board the PrivatAir jet, passengers flying Business Class are treated to all the comforts of Lufthansa’s long-haul product. Economy Class passengers also enjoy a number of extra benefits. Due to the lower number of seats, passengers are guaranteed a very individual service, including personal in-seat video monitors. All the seats feature ergonomically designed backrests and additional legroom.

On 29 March, Lufthansa will resume services from Munich to Tehran. A PrivatAir Boeing 737 will be operated under the flight number LH 608. Flights will depart for the Iranian capital four times a week (on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays) at 20.35 hrs. This flight, with a two-class configuration, will offer all the comforts of Lufthansa’s long-haul product. Germany is one of the leading importers of agricultural goods and industrial products from Iran. For passengers interested in cultural trips, Tehran is a fascinating destination but not the only one worth visiting. The country as a whole has an abundance of historical sites and treasures.

Services to Miami from Munich will also be resumed on 29 March. The “Sunshine State” is an attractive destination – and not only for private travellers. Increasingly, companies in the health care sector and the IT industry are being drawn to the second-largest city in the state of Florida. Flight LH 460, operated by an Airbus A330, will depart from Munich three times a week (on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays) at 9.35 hrs. In addition, flights to Cairo will be continued until 30 May 2010. The thrice-weekly service to the Egyptian capital was launched in November 2009 and was originally planned as a winter seasonal service. From 28 March, Cairo will be served four times a week (on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays). As before, flights will be operated by a PrivatAir Boeing 737 in a two class configuration.

Fares to Miami and Tehran start at 499 euros, while flights to Tashkent are available from 779 euros. These fares apply to return flights in Economy Class and include all taxes, charges and the Lufthansa Ticket Service Charge if the booking is made online at www.lufthansa.com

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news10...rivatAir.shtml
__________________
Iran/Persia the best choice to travel!!!

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES


TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 05:29 PM   #437
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico
 
TEHR_IR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tehran
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 157

Turkey's Pegasus to start flights to Iranian capital

The flights will be held from Istanbul's Sabiha Gokcen International Airport on Thursdays and Sundays.



Turkish Pegasus Airlines will begin its Istanbul (Turkey)- Tehran (Iran) flights on Thursday.

The flights will be held from Istanbul's Sabiha Gokcen International Airport on Thursdays and Sundays.

Pegasus Airlines was established in 1990 as a joint venture between Aer Lingus, Silkar Investment and Net Holding in Istanbul.

Pegasus has scheduled international flights to Amsterdam, Athens, Basel, Berlin, Brussels, Dusseldorf, Krasnodar, Copenhagen, Cologne, Lefkosa (Nicosia), London, Munich, Stuttgart, Tehran, Vienna and Zurich.

Before this Pegasus had flight's to Tehran, but only seasonal (B737-800)
__________________
Iran/Persia the best choice to travel!!!

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES


TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 11:38 PM   #438
iranair777
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 327
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHR_IR View Post
Lufthansa to Launch Flights to Miami, Tashkent and Tehran

This summer Lufthansa will be offering flights from Munich to three new long-haul destinations. From the end of March, Tashkent, Tehran and Miami will be included in the timetable. In addition, services to Cairo, which were launched this winter from Munich, will be extended until 30 May 2010.

Lufthansa will begin operating the new service to Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan, on 28 March 2010. Many renowned multinational concerns have already established bases in the country because it is rich in raw material resources and agricultural produce. Germany is one of Uzbekistan’s principal import partners and is a key trading partner in terms of exports. Tashkent is also an interesting tourist destination. The city is the gateway to the legendary Silk Road.

Lufthansa will serve Tashkent three times a week (on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays). On each of those days, flight LH 644 will depart from Munich for Uzbekistan at 20.35 hrs. The route will be flown by a Boeing 737-800, which is currently operated on behalf of Lufthansa by the Swiss business jet operator PrivatAir. This aircraft has 24 seats in Business Class and 84 in Economy Class. On board the PrivatAir jet, passengers flying Business Class are treated to all the comforts of Lufthansa’s long-haul product. Economy Class passengers also enjoy a number of extra benefits. Due to the lower number of seats, passengers are guaranteed a very individual service, including personal in-seat video monitors. All the seats feature ergonomically designed backrests and additional legroom.

On 29 March, Lufthansa will resume services from Munich to Tehran. A PrivatAir Boeing 737 will be operated under the flight number LH 608. Flights will depart for the Iranian capital four times a week (on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays) at 20.35 hrs. This flight, with a two-class configuration, will offer all the comforts of Lufthansa’s long-haul product. Germany is one of the leading importers of agricultural goods and industrial products from Iran. For passengers interested in cultural trips, Tehran is a fascinating destination but not the only one worth visiting. The country as a whole has an abundance of historical sites and treasures.

Services to Miami from Munich will also be resumed on 29 March. The “Sunshine State” is an attractive destination – and not only for private travellers. Increasingly, companies in the health care sector and the IT industry are being drawn to the second-largest city in the state of Florida. Flight LH 460, operated by an Airbus A330, will depart from Munich three times a week (on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays) at 9.35 hrs. In addition, flights to Cairo will be continued until 30 May 2010. The thrice-weekly service to the Egyptian capital was launched in November 2009 and was originally planned as a winter seasonal service. From 28 March, Cairo will be served four times a week (on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays). As before, flights will be operated by a PrivatAir Boeing 737 in a two class configuration.

Fares to Miami and Tehran start at 499 euros, while flights to Tashkent are available from 779 euros. These fares apply to return flights in Economy Class and include all taxes, charges and the Lufthansa Ticket Service Charge if the booking is made online at www.lufthansa.com

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news10...rivatAir.shtml
That privatair will look quite odd in tehran, but welcome.


My mum is going to tehran next week. whats the Cheapest flight avaliable?
iranair777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 12:04 AM   #439
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico
 
TEHR_IR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tehran
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 157


yes, it's a B737-800

Iran Air from Cologne or Mahan Air from Dusseldorf

(if you live in Europe) otherwise, I would shose for Turkish or Lufthansa from the US
__________________
Iran/Persia the best choice to travel!!!

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES


TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 08:30 PM   #440
iranair777
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 327
Likes (Received): 7

forgot to mention its from LHR
iranair777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium