daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 30th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #761
desiguy2447

Likes (Received): 0

Whatever happened to the Iran Air order for 35 or so Tu (204-100/200) brand new aircrafts? Was the order ever finalized by the Government of Iran?
desiguy2447 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #762
Amirex111

Likes (Received): 82

The boeing 747-400 are grounded in Tehran, I saw them last week at the imam airport with covers over their engines. So they will not be flying anywhere any time soon. I also still have the question of why they are no longer flying them to Thailand or Dubai?? I heard rumors about the US putting out a seize request since they were bought through a third dealer from the US. Not sure if that is the reason though?? Anyone know?!
Amirex111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:53 PM   #763
Herbicide
a tangy drink!

Likes (Received): 264

Im sure Iran Air could lease one and fly it on the IKA-DAM-CCS route. The Syrians or Venezuelans wont seize it. It would be seized if they had to divert though. This is so unfair. These aircraft belong to Mahan Air. Seizing them is just theft by another name.
Herbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 06:21 AM   #764
Skyprince
Asian boi

Air Asia X is flying soon KL- Tehran
Skyprince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 03:15 PM   #765
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbicide View Post
Im sure Iran Air could lease one and fly it on the IKA-DAM-CCS route. The Syrians or Venezuelans wont seize it. It would be seized if they had to divert though. This is so unfair. These aircraft belong to Mahan Air. Seizing them is just theft by another name.
IKA-DAM-CCS route is currently operated by a340 of Conviasa for Iran Air.
They don't need to lease one 747.
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 03:07 PM   #766
A300-600

hey guys,
i heard that the silly tupolevs will be banned from the iranian aerospace even in this month! is this true?
A300-600 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 05:09 PM   #767
IRANA320

yes from 23rd July Tupolevs 154 will be banned from Iranian Airspace. (With what type of aircraft will Iran Air Tours fly then???)

Anyway, very good that EP-IRR is under overhaul at IR hangar now.
Just look at the cabin. It needs some refurbishment, I think!

Old July 2nd, 2010, 06:01 PM   #768
Amirex111

I dont think the a340 of Conviasa is flying that line. I saw it flying somewhere else. For some reason they stopped using it after doing so initially. Anyone know why, was it too low passengers???
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:25 PM   #769
alejandro DS
BANNED

Likes (Received): 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post

yes from 23rd July Tupolevs 154 will be banned from Iranian Airspace. (With what type of aircraft will Iran Air Tours fly then???)

Anyway, very good that EP-IRR is under overhaul at IR hangar now.
Just look at the cabin. It needs some refurbishment, I think!

Nice picture!! Nice interior!!!
alejandro DS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:32 AM   #770
Herbicide
a tangy drink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A300-600 View Post
hey guys,
i heard that the silly tupolevs will be banned from the iranian aerospace even in this month! is this true?
SHIT!! Half the passengers in Iran fly on them! Whats going to happen now!?? This will cause virtual collapse of the industry! You might not like them but you will miss them when you cant book a flight for love or money.

People will realise it wasnt the Tupolevs that were unsafe but the entire industry when planes continue to crash. Still the government and media will still have that other flogging horse (US sanctions).

Maybe they will have to fly these 747s domestically.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 03:15 PM   #771
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης

Likes (Received): 12

And what is the actual reasons to ban TU-154 exactly;At least the official one to say!
pilotos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 03:41 PM   #772
IRANA320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirex111 View Post
I dont think the a340 of Conviasa is flying that line. I saw it flying somewhere else. For some reason they stopped using it after doing so initially. Anyone know why, was it too low passengers???
you can check wikipedia: there is mentioned that their A340 is used for Caracas-Tehran route.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conviasa

I also saw on youtube a 340 of Conviasa at IKA.
Old July 4th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #773
Amirex111

You can see on this site that the particular 340 is no longer used on the Tehran flight. It is being using for other routes.

http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...nct_entry=true
Old July 4th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #774
IRANA320

okay, but on the IKA timetable I see regulary Conviasa to Caracas flying.
Check this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdF4chdBj2c

At the beginning you can see the A340!
Old July 4th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #775
A300-600

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotos View Post
And what is the actual reasons to ban TU-154 exactly;At least the official one to say!
Well, i think the main reason is they are to old and danger.if you look at the very last plane crashes in Iran you can see that most of them were with the tupolevs. I hope with banning these aircratfs we can look forward into a better future in the Iranian Aviation.
A300-600 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #776
Amirex111

Cool! I hope it still does this!
Old July 5th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #777
Herbicide
a tangy drink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A300-600 View Post
Well, i think the main reason is they are to old and danger.if you look at the very last plane crashes in Iran you can see that most of them were with the tupolevs. I hope with banning these aircratfs we can look forward into a better future in the Iranian Aviation.
Wrong! The crashes had little to do with the aircraft type. It was the airlines that flew them. Have you not noticed other types crashing too. Many of the aircraft flying in Iran are Tu154 so therefore also many of the crashes too. The airlines that flew them did so domestically and regionally and therefore were not required to maintain them properly to EU standards. Flying in Iran will continue to be dangerous as the problems in maintenance and enforcing regulations is not being addressed as far as I can see. The government prefers to do nothing about the lack of enforcing regulations and instead prefers to blame an aircraft type and US sanctions (which are only an indirect secondary factor).
Old July 5th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #778
alejandro DS
BANNED

Likes (Received): 618

Excellent explanation!!! thank you very much...
alejandro DS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #779
IRANA320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbicide View Post
Wrong! The crashes had little to do with the aircraft type. It was the airlines that flew them. Have you not noticed other types crashing too. Many of the aircraft flying in Iran are Tu154 so therefore also many of the crashes too. The airlines that flew them did so domestically and regionally and therefore were not required to maintain them properly to EU standards. Flying in Iran will continue to be dangerous as the problems in maintenance and enforcing regulations is not being addressed as far as I can see. The government prefers to do nothing about the lack of enforcing regulations and instead prefers to blame an aircraft type and US sanctions (which are only an indirect secondary factor).
I agree. I think many Iranian domestic airlines will buy MD-80 instead of TU-154.
I hate MDs and they are very unsafe. If the airlines maintain them very well, okay, but I don't think that Zagros/Caspian/Taban etc. really care about their aircrafts...
Old July 6th, 2010, 07:18 AM   #780
alitezar
Persian 44

Likes (Received): 5593

Edit
alitezar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines