daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 6th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #781
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Iran Air isn't allowed to fly with A320, B727 and B747 into Europe!!!

6th July 2010
More Iran flights on Blacklist

The European Union has extended a flight safety ban on Iran Air to exclude more of the carrier's aircraft from EU airspace, the European Commission said.

Two thirds of the Iran Air fleet is now prohibited from flying into the airspace of the 27-country EU, Commission spokeswoman Helen Kearns said.

She denied the move was linked to sanctions on Iran aimed at halting its nuclear programme, or to accusations the sanctions have prevented Iranian aircraft from refuelling in European airports.

"We deal purely with safety requirements - our controls take place at a highly technical level to ensure security standards are being respected," she told a news conference.

A Commission statement said an EU air safety committee had unanimously supported expanding the restrictions on Iran Air to cover its fleet of Airbus A320, Boeing 727 and 747 aircraft.

Meanwhile, Indonesian carriers Metro Batavia and Indonesia Air Asia have been removed from the blacklist after improvements in the southeast Asian country's oversight.

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/more-ir...cklist-3630475
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #782
IRANA320

Iran Air is now only allowed to fly into Europe with:
EP-IBA
EP-IBB
EP-IBC
EP-IBD
EP-IBG
EP-IBH
EP-IBI
EP-IBJ
EP-IBM (inactive)
EP-IBN (inactive)
EP-IBO (scrapped)
EP-IBS
EP-IBT
EP-IBV
EP-IBX (stored)
EP-IBZ
EP-ICE (cargo)
EP-ICF (cargo)
EP-IBK
EP-IBL
EP-IBP
EP-IBQ
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #783
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Likes (Received): 157

Passenger Iran Jets Fuel Denied

Iran jets fuel denied claims might be false, according to officials. Jets that are denied fuel can really put a damper on travel for passengers, but that's what officials in Iran are stating. Iran claims that its passenger jets were refused fuel by airports in Britain, Germany and the United Arab Emirates.

see more on:

http://www.newsoxy.com/travel/iran-jets-fuel-13665.html

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #784
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

BP has not renewed Iran air fuel contract:

BERLIN: Oil giant BP has not renewed a contract to supply Iranian airlines with fuel, the Financial Times Deutschland reported in its Tuesday edition.

The report, in the German-language edition of the financial daily, could explain a statement by an Iranian official Monday that Britain, Germany and the United Arab Emirates had started to refuse to refuel its passenger planes.

The contract had expired at the end of June, the FT Deutschland reported, and its ending was already having an effect.

It cited an incident in which an Iran Air plane had to land in Vienna because it had been refused a refuelling at Hamburg airport in northern Germany.

"We won't comment on individual contracts with every airline," BP told the daily.

"But we respect, in all the countries where we operate, the local rules regarding sanctions."

Fresh sanctions against Iran voted by the United Nations had influenced their decision, said the company.

French group Total at the German airport of Cologne-Bonn, and Kuwaiti group Q8 both told the paper that they were supplying fuel as normal.

While an Iranian official said Monday that airports in Britain, Germany and the United Arab Emirates had started to refuse to refuel passenger planes from Iran, the reports were denied in all three countries.

On June 9, the UN Security Council imposed a fourth set of sanctions against Iran over its nuclear programme, followed by unilateral punitive measures by the European Union and later by the United States.

The US measures include moves to choke off Iran's access to imports of refined petroleum products such as gasoline and jet fuel.

World powers led by Washington suspect Tehran is making nuclear weapons under the guise of a civilian atomic programme. Iran says its nuclear programme is purely for peaceful purposes.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/6132742.cms

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old July 6th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #785
A300-600

Likes (Received): 0

Great!!! that `s the right way to destroy this cruel regime. i hope the EU bans all airlines from Iran
A300-600 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 09:43 PM   #786
TheKorean
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

The governments idiocy shouldnt mean punishment for the people. I dont think they even had much of a choice when they elected him. The Supreme Leader has to like the candidate in order for him to be eligible to run for the office if I am not mistaken.
TheKorean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:02 AM   #787
iranair777

Quote:
Originally Posted by A300-600 View Post
Great!!! that `s the right way to destroy this cruel regime. i hope the EU bans all airlines from Iran
denying iranian civilians is breaking international rules on free travel. since when do you think the regime has cared about its people?

I'm surprised many of the A300/310's are on that list. they are probably more safer than the 747's. I travelled on EP-IBA quite a while back and the ride was normal, they even have had a recent complete overhaul so i wouldnt blame it on mechanical issues but political. I myself am quite angry about these proposals and am hoping the world realises that denying innocent civillians the refusal to travel using their own national airline must stop. Also I must add that Iran Air is a private company for a few years now so there is no reason to do this at all.
iranair777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 02:18 AM   #788
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

I agree with you iranair777, completly in fact...but this issue can also have an other effect, the Iranian people can blame it on the government and be more against them, so it has a good and a bad thing but anyway I hope Iran can be normal one day, just normal in everyway way....

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old July 7th, 2010, 04:48 AM   #789
alitezar
Persian 44

Likes (Received): 5593

The last thing Iran's gov care about is what people think or if they are against them so this is just useless and sad. U.S. is so dumb that they think by putting sanctions they can change Iran's gov. course of action. They don't know what bunch of jerks they're dealing with apparently..
alitezar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #790
IRANA320

Quote:
Originally Posted by iranair777 View Post
denying iranian civilians is breaking international rules on free travel. since when do you think the regime has cared about its people?

I'm surprised many of the A300/310's are on that list. they are probably more safer than the 747's. I travelled on EP-IBA quite a while back and the ride was normal, they even have had a recent complete overhaul so i wouldnt blame it on mechanical issues but political. I myself am quite angry about these proposals and am hoping the world realises that denying innocent civillians the refusal to travel using their own national airline must stop. Also I must add that Iran Air is a private company for a few years now so there is no reason to do this at all.
Iran Air is ONLY allowed to fly with A300/310! They aren't allowed to fly with 747,320 and 727.
Old July 7th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #791
iranair777

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
Iran Air is ONLY allowed to fly with A300/310! They aren't allowed to fly with 747,320 and 727.
sorry my misunderstanding. but still, I understand the 747's but the A320's prove this is a political issue
iranair777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #792
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Shell to end jet fuel supplies to Iran Air

Oil major Royal Dutch Shell
will not renew its contracts to supply Iran Air with jet fuel in response to pressure from the U.S. to cease business with the Islamic republic, an industry source said on Thursday.
Most of the major's contracts with the airline have already expired, the source added.

http://af.reuters.com/article/energy...66723R20100708

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old July 9th, 2010, 09:15 AM   #793
alitezar
Persian 44

So since when will we see its effects on Iran Air flights?

I checked the timetable of IKIA arrivals and departures and all Iran Air European flights are still operating.
Old July 9th, 2010, 01:51 PM   #794
IRANA320

only the a320 and 747 routes have a big delay, for example on tuesday the flight to Hamburg had a delay of 12 hours because IR had no aircraft for this flight.
Yesterday the flight to Cologne, which was oporated by A320, had a delay of six hours. Today the flight to Tashkent has a delay of 10 hours because the A320 which had oporated the route is banned now...
Old July 9th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #795
alitezar
Persian 44

Thanks but I thought only Eruope banned it. Tashkent is in Asia though. That is so sad, I wonder what the Iran Air chairman will decide to do?
Old July 9th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #796
IRANA320

Yes it's strange. Even the Mumbai flight has six hours delay today...
Old July 9th, 2010, 08:55 PM   #797
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

India, Iran sign MoU on air services

India and Iran on Friday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on new air services between the two nations on the sidelines of the 16th India - Iran Joint Commission Meeting held here today.

The salient features of the MOU include facilitation of code share and cooperative marketing arrangement and an enhancement in the capacity entitlement for the designated airlines of each side from 23 services/week presently to 31 services/week.

Two additional points of call in the respective countries, to be mutually decided upon later, has been agreed.

The new Air Services Agreement (ASA) will be based on the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) template.

The revised ASA will supersede the ASA initialed between the two countries on April 30, 1980. It has the potential to spur greater trade investment, tourism and strengthening the cultural exchange between the two countries besides bringing it in tune with the developments in the international civil aviation scenario.

The 16th Session of the Joint Commission between India and Iran was held in New Delhi on July 8-9, 2010.

India and Iran have been holding discussions at regular intervals on issues relating to economic cooperation under the aegis of the Joint Commission mechanism, which was established in July 1983.

http://sify.com/finance/india-iran-s...ju4cbhfee.html

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old July 12th, 2010, 09:22 AM   #798
josem_ss

Likes (Received): 24

very nices pics about it
Old July 14th, 2010, 10:57 AM   #799
IRANA320

4 ex-Lufthansa A300-600 have just arrived from Kyiv at ImamKhomeini airport.
The new registrations are:
EP-MNM
EP-MNN
EP-MNK
EP-MNL

I think four more Airbus will follow.
Old July 17th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #800
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

great thanks