daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 4th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #81
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Likes (Received): 157

No because Fokker doesn't exist anymore the company is bankrupt.
it happened in 1996.

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #82
Herbicide
a tangy drink!

Likes (Received): 264

The aircraft are still repaired and serviced in the Netherlands though by a company called Stork Aerospace. This type of aircraft is still very modern and has many reputable operators around the world like Austrian Airlines and KLM.
Herbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #83
Skyprince
Asian boi

I think Iran Air should be more aggressive to attract transit passengers..

There are many from KL travelling to Europe using Emirates, Etihad, THAI, Qatar, GulfAir, Singapore, but I never heard of anyone travelling by IranAir, despite having many daily flights to Europe!
Point-to-point only works for LCCs !
Skyprince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #84
Herbicide
a tangy drink!

Well the problem is that Iran has a bogeyman image in many countries around the world. There has been a very effective media campaign against Iran by western governments and large western media corporations. People would be scared to fly with IranAir even if there is no reason to be, because of this false image that has built up over the last thirty years.
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:34 PM   #85
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbicide View Post
The aircraft are still repaired and serviced in the Netherlands though by a company called Stork Aerospace. This type of aircraft is still very modern and has many reputable operators around the world like Austrian Airlines and KLM.
KLM not anymore they are replacing them by embraers..
but for now Iran Air did order newer planes so....
and maybe the storage of this Fokkers where because the flying hours where done...
and almost all the fokkers that are stored are F28 they are pretty old....

stored at Tehran Built in 1976 ,Delivery Date : Feb 1993. Ex- Reg:F-GEXX

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Last edited by TEHR_IR; March 4th, 2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:42 PM   #86
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyprince View Post
I think Iran Air should be more aggressive to attract transit passengers..

There are many from KL travelling to Europe using Emirates, Etihad, THAI, Qatar, GulfAir, Singapore, but I never heard of anyone travelling by IranAir, despite having many daily flights to Europe!
Point-to-point only works for LCCs !
But think, who wants a transit in Tehran....you and me know it's safe but the media is giving the world a bad image about Iran and therefor people don't want use Tehran as transit. and all of the womens that "would" transit than must wear a head scarf do they really want that? and IKIA is not big enough the airport is still in phase 1....
but their are many people from Germany/UK, the Netherlands that use Mahan air from Dusseldorf,Germany to Bangkok and Delhi with a 2 hour transit in IKIA.
Iran,Tehran is geographicly the best place for connecting east and west and that was also the plan when the Shah was in Power but after the revolution everything changed and they maked Dubai as International hub. it's simply we can't give people the freedom they want at the airport.....
and Airlines like Emirates are newer.....

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Last edited by TEHR_IR; March 4th, 2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old March 4th, 2009, 09:21 PM   #87
Herbicide
a tangy drink!

If you look the 3 Aseman F100s are only from 1992/93, the 3 ATRs are from 1992,2000 and 2002. They also stored a B727 that is 5/6 years newer than the ones IranAir still fly. No way are they high time frames. Anyway if Iranian airlines retired aircraft because of high flight hours then the B747-200s, B727-200s and A300Bs from the seventies would have been retired many years ago. I think passenger numbers must be dropping.
Old March 4th, 2009, 09:45 PM   #88
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

it can be but when I want to book flight's they are always full...xD

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old March 5th, 2009, 10:59 PM   #89
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Just look at this 747-186 Iran Air in what good condition it is! well done Iran Air for all this years of maintenance and good service! respect for you all and the pilots for keeping this old birds still flying

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old March 6th, 2009, 01:27 AM   #90
Herbicide
a tangy drink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHR_IR View Post
it can be but when I want to book flight's they are always full...xD
I know! And I think half the problem is Iranian travel agents. They wouldnt know good customer service if it hit them in the face! They sit behind those desks with such an air of arrogance and seem not to care less about you or your travels. It seems they have a total no can do approach to most things. For example I go into a travel agents in Gonbad e Kabous and ask to book a train seat to Bandar Abbas from Mashhad next week. And the answer is 'We dont reserve train tickets' (even though they have the RAJA sign in the window and the train ticket printer behind them) or 'There is no such train' (There is!).
Me: 'So can I book a flight?'
TA:'No, their full.'
Me: 'How about from Tehran?'
TA: 'No, their full.'
So after I try all the travel agents in Gonbad I tell my friend about the problem. He says he knows someone that is a travel agent and he takes me to someone that ive already spoken to. There is a long conversation and the girl with the sullen face, caked in makeup, reluctantly says 'Leave it with me then.' I go back after a few hours and she looks at me as if to say 'what!?'
Me: 'Er ..the flights?.. Remember?..
TA: Oh! Just a moment.
She picks up the phone, motions me in an offhand way to sit and starts making a series of lengthy phone calls that have long pauses where she twirls about in her chair with that bored, couldnt give a shit look on her face. Eventually she comes off the phone starts tapping at the computer and says to me not even looking in my direction 'I have managed to squeeze you onto a flight from Tehran on Tuesday. You are lucky. I think there was a cancellation.'
I get the IranAir A300 at THR on the tuesday and its almost empty!!
This same type of experience is repeated again and again to different degrees. If you want a train ticket its: 'Yes we can do that for you. Come back tomorrow when we have paper for the machine/the train ticket girl is in/the booking system is running/[no explanation].' or 'We do train tickets but just not right now/we've never done an international one before. I dont think we can do that.'
I seem to spend alot of time in Iran traipsing from one travel agents to another or sitting waiting in them for someone to be bothered to process my booking. I swear I am very nice and polite and its not just something about me that makes them want to make it hard for me or reject my business! When Im sitting there in their swanky shop, I see repectable looking middle aged men approach them in a humble, grovelling kind of way as if they are asking for something like a desperatlely needed loan. They are just travel agents but in Iran they seem like lords of their realm condemning whoever they dont like the look of to long, uncomfortable bus/car journeys.
Ive felt so angry sometimes after sitting for ages trying to book something to no avail and for some stupid reason they cant do it, that I want to break their model planes, knock over their racks of brochures and throw their swivel chairs across the desks at them. ...But I bite my tongue.
Sorry that was supposed to be a short reply but turned into a

Last edited by Herbicide; March 6th, 2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old March 6th, 2009, 01:58 AM   #91
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

haha I understand you.. they are stupid but their arrogance is some ""sexy"" I think .....xD But also irritating and impolite!! they are very lazy...
example: we brought a Belgian friend to Iran and the travel agent said yes beceause she is a tourist she must pay 50.000 thousand Tomans more I was like OMG !!!! how low can you be!!

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old March 6th, 2009, 04:33 PM   #92
alitezar
Persian 44

Likes (Received): 5593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbicide View Post
I know! And I think half the problem is Iranian travel agents. They wouldnt know good customer service if it hit them in the face! They sit behind those desks with such an air of arrogance and seem not to care less about you or your travels. It seems they have a total no can do approach to most things. For example I go into a travel agents in Gonbad e Kabous and ask to book a train seat to Bandar Abbas from Mashhad next week. And the answer is 'We dont reserve train tickets' (even though they have the RAJA sign in the window and the train ticket printer behind them) or 'There is no such train' (There is!).
Me: 'So can I book a flight?'
TA:'No, their full.'
Me: 'How about from Tehran?'
TA: 'No, their full.'
So after I try all the travel agents in Gonbad I tell my friend about the problem. He says he knows someone that is a travel agent and he takes me to someone that ive already spoken to. There is a long conversation and the girl with the sullen face, caked in makeup, reluctantly says 'Leave it with me then.' I go back after a few hours and she looks at me as if to say 'what!?'
Me: 'Er ..the flights?.. Remember?..
TA: Oh! Just a moment.
She picks up the phone, motions me in an offhand way to sit and starts making a series of lengthy phone calls that have long pauses where she twirls about in her chair with that bored, couldnt give a shit look on her face. Eventually she comes off the phone starts tapping at the computer and says to me not even looking in my direction 'I have managed to squeeze you onto a flight from Tehran on Tuesday. You are lucky. I think there was a cancellation.'
I get the IranAir A300 at THR on the tuesday and its almost empty!!
This same type of experience is repeated again and again to different degrees. If you want a train ticket its: 'Yes we can do that for you. Come back tomorrow when we have paper for the machine/the train ticket girl is in/the booking system is running/[no explanation].' or 'We do train tickets but just not right now/we've never done an international one before. I dont think we can do that.'
I seem to spend alot of time in Iran traipsing from one travel agents to another or sitting waiting in them for someone to be bothered to process my booking. I swear I am very nice and polite and its not just something about me that makes them want to make it hard for me or reject my business! When Im sitting there in their swanky shop, I see repectable looking middle aged men approach them in a humble, grovelling kind of way as if they are asking for something like a desperatlely needed loan. They are just travel agents but in Iran they seem like lords of their realm condemning whoever they dont like the look of to long, uncomfortable bus/car journeys.
Ive felt so angry sometimes after sitting for ages trying to book something to no avail and for some stupid reason they cant do it, that I want to break their model planes, knock over their racks of brochures and throw their swivel chairs across the desks at them. ...But I bite my tongue.
Sorry that was supposed to be a short reply but turned into a

I know, unfortunately in Iran and most of Middle East there is no such thing as customer service, it's just the culture of that area and I totally undrstand it can be frustrating at times.
alitezar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 04:33 PM   #93
alitezar
Persian 44

Tehran's International Aiport. Peak hours in Tehran Int'l start from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.

Old March 6th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #94
alitezar
Persian 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHR_IR View Post
Just look at this 747-186 Iran Air in what good condition it is! well done Iran Air for all this years of maintenance and good service! respect for you all and the pilots for keeping this old birds still flying

Lovely picture

Thanks
Old March 7th, 2009, 04:28 AM   #95
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Thank you

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old March 7th, 2009, 04:43 AM   #96
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

new visitor at Mehrabad

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Last edited by TEHR_IR; March 8th, 2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old March 9th, 2009, 02:39 AM   #97
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Tehran's aviation sale demands bold action

Iran's aviation sector is crying out for investment and reorganisation. Tehran will not reap benefits unless it keeps its privatisation on track.

The economic climate may not be advantageous, but Iran's move to restructure its aviation sector, throwing key assets open to public ownership, is long overdue.

The aviation industry is just the latest sector to be put forward for privatisation by Tehran since Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei launched a national initiative to sell off state-owned assets in 2006.

Since then, progress has been sporadic at best. A 5 per cent stake in Telecoms Company of Iran (TCI) was floated in August 2008 after a series of delays, while the part privatisation of marine services group Tidewater in the summer of last year has been marred by an ongoing dispute over the distribution of the proceeds.

Middle East governments, like those in other parts of the world, often embrace privatisation in principle, but find the reality of relinquishing stakes in national assets harder to deal with. Moreover, the bureaucracies of the region are often not geared up for the level of co-ordinated decision-making required to move the process along rapidly.

Tehran will be keen to avoid repeating the mistakes of Riyadh, where the privatisation of Saudi Arabian Airlines drags on at a glacial pace, with the toughest decisions continually deferred for another day.

National airlines around the region are notoriously debt ridden and overstaffed. Many are poorly managed. Turning these operations around is not easy, particularly given the pride still invested in state carriers. But Royal Jordanian, for example, has shown that it can be done quickly and effectively if tough decisions are taken and the process is not allowed to become bogged down in sentiment and bureaucracy.

Iran's diplomatic isolation from the West makes its task that much harder, but the country's aviation sector is crying out for new investment and reorganisation. Taking the decision to privatise is one thing, but Tehran will not reap the benefits unless it acts boldly to keep the process on track.

http://www.meed.com/commentary/2009/...ld_action.html

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old March 10th, 2009, 11:40 PM   #98
alitezar
Persian 44

I hope they make a good change soon...
Old March 11th, 2009, 01:47 AM   #99
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

I think Iran Air has the most beautiful tail and livery it's simply and smart

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old March 11th, 2009, 04:43 AM   #100
alitezar
Persian 44

wow lovely pic. I totally agree with you and I love KLM's livery as well since blue is my fovorite color.

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines