daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 29th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #1081
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1041

I don't think I have heard about Budapest. I am only aware of Warsaw and BEG. If I am not mistaken, isn't BEG better for routing? The only thing that I know for sure is that fuel is not that cheap in BEG.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #1082
Herbicide
a tangy drink!

Likes (Received): 264

BUD seems to be the main one today. Maybe they realised the price at BEG and prefer BUD. What happened refueling stops at HAM? Did that go the same way as VIE?
Herbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #1083
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

First A320 for ATA: UR-CJF (leased from Khors Aircompany)

EP-IAH(742) went for overhaul to Farso hangar at THR.
Maybe also EP-MND (743, Mahan Air) gets a heavy check there, lets see...
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #1084
IRANA320

Do not ask me what happend with the rudder of EP-IBB!
Old April 8th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #1085
IRANA320

Incident: Iran A310 near Tehran on Apr 7th 2011, engine shut down in flight

An Iran Air Airbus A310-300, registration EP-IBK performing flight IR-729 from Tehran Imam Khomeini (Iran) to Cologne (Germany), was about 35 minutes into the flight when the crew observed high exhaust gas temperatures and vibrations for the left hand engine (CF6). After shutting the engine down the crew returned to Tehran's Imam Khomeini Airport for a safe landing.

A replacement Airbus 300-600 registration EP-IBC reached Cologne with a delay of 26 hours. (!!!)

Engine #1 of EP-IBK needs to be replaced.

http://avherald.com/h?article=43aa280f&opt=1

Last edited by IRANA320; April 8th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #1086
IRANA320

Overhaul of EP-IBB:

Old April 12th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #1087
iranair777

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
Do not ask me what happend with the rudder of EP-IBB!
dare I ask, what happened to it? :P

vienna is still a stopping point, my parents friend went to iran in this past 2 weeks and he said LHR-VIE-IKA was the route
iranair777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #1088
IRANA320

Maybe A300 do not have the range to serve IKA-LHR-BEG without refulling, so maybe thats why they refuel in Vienna.
I think the rudder of EP-IBB got replaced with the rudder of IBX, which is scrapped at THR.
Old April 12th, 2011, 07:42 PM   #1089
IRANA320

EP-IBK at Imam Khomeini airport two days after it's engine problem on flight to Cologne: (note the opened engine in the background)

Old April 13th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #1090
IRANA320

New Cabin interior for IBB:

I am very happy, that they have modernized the cabin. I have flown on IBB last October and the cabin looked terribly shabby! (I also flew with MHF of Mahan Air (aircraft is 34 years old) and it looked nearly brand new and not comparable to the cabin of IBB.)
Old April 13th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #1091
asif iqbal

Likes (Received): 65

in the very near future Iran will be able to buy Chinese commerical jets, as soon as the Chinese jets have installed indigenous Chinese engines on them in the coming few years, China has a vast array of aircraft under development ARJ21 is now being delivered by end of this year

they will directly rival Boeing and Airbus

Chinas plans for commercial airlines and jumbo aircraft

MA600 turboprop-60 seats
ARJ21-70-95 seats
C919-190 seats
C929-290 seats
C939-390 seats
CS2000-200 to 300 seats in a twin-aisle wide-bodied aircraft
CS2010- single aisle and 150 to 200 seats
asif iqbal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 02:57 AM   #1092
Herbicide
a tangy drink!

Likes (Received): 264

Looks like Ahmadinejad has finally ordered for European airlines to be deprived refueling in Iran:
Quote:
Iran hits western airlines with Tehran tit-for-tat fuel ban
Posted on 15 April 2011 in Air Transport

Iran has reacted angrily to a ban on sales of aviation fuel to its airlines by an Austrian company and has retaliated by refusing to supply fuel to Western airlines landing in Tehran

First Vice President Mohammad Reza Rahimi is reported in the Tehran Times as saying “Recently fuel supply for Iranian passenger planes flying to Europe was stopped. Now the question is if they (West) have problems with the Iranian government why do they deprive the people of their rights. Iran decided immediately to strike back and banned supply of fuel to Western passenger planes landing in Iran,” he said.

Last week President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned countries that refrain from supplying fuel to Iranian planes of the dire consequences of their action, stressing that Iran will take action against such moves, Fars News Agency reported. “Countries that resort to such moves would suffer,” he said at a press conference in Tehran.

A number of European refuellers have stopped supplying to Iranian companies under political pressure. Two refuellers OMV and Total continued to supply Iranian carriers.

To get around the boycott, Iranian airlines landing in Europe would take a short hop after takeoff to another airfield where they could get a full load of fuel from OMV or Total in order to make the flight back to Tehran. The interim stops were understood to be Vienna, where OMV provided fuel, and Cologne, where Total provided fuel. These interim stops added about 90 minutes to the flight time. Iran Air makes scheduled flights to 11 European cities.

The latest trouble began on March 28 when Austrian energy company OMV said it would no longer fuel Iran Air planes at Vienna International Airport.

When asked if Total would continue to provide fuel to the Iranian airline, the company refused to say whether it would halt supplies, and according to Iranian media implied it was continuing to service Iranian aircraft and will continue to do so.
http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/art...aign=news_feed

Last edited by Herbicide; April 16th, 2011 at 03:04 AM.
Herbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #1093
IRANA320

Thanks, now I know why Mahan Air can fly from Dusseldorf non-stop (there is Total). But Iran Air flies Cologne-Tehran via Belgrad (I think at Cologne is also Total!?!).
The iranian government is now feeling the consequenses of their stupid politic.
Iran Air will lose lots of passengers (like me, I am flying HAM-IKA at least once a year) who will probably fly via Dubai/Doha etc.
Old April 16th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #1094
Amirex111

Likes (Received): 82

I feel this pure bullying and I want the Iranian government not to back down! We will always be bullied, what we can do about it is, either fight back or throw our hands in the air and give up like it happened in the 50s with the oil nationalization.
Amirex111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 11:11 PM   #1095
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Likes (Received): 157

Quote:

Thanks, now I know why Mahan Air can fly from Dusseldorf non-stop (there is Total). But Iran Air flies Cologne-Tehran via Belgrad (I think at Cologne is also Total!?!).
The iranian government is now feeling the consequenses of their stupid politic.
Iran Air will lose lots of passengers (like me, I am flying HAM-IKA at least once a year) who will probably fly via Dubai/Doha etc.
I don't think that, since Tehran is closer to europe than Doha or Dubai

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 11:00 AM   #1096
IRANA320

I would accept a short stop-over in Doha to fly with the 5 star airline Qatar Airways where you get a perfect entertainment system, brand new airplanes, high quality food and flight attendands who don't hide in galley and only come out once during the whole flight like on Iran Air.
Old April 17th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #1097
IRANA320

Qatar Airways To Launch Third Destination In Iran
Shiraz To Be Served Twice Weekly From Carrier’s Doha Hub
19 February 2011

Qatar Airways Will Begin
Flights To Shiraz From June 5

Doha, QATAR – Qatar Airways today announced plans to launch flights to the southern Iranian city of Shiraz. The airline will commence twice-weekly flights from its Doha hub to Shiraz International Airport on June 5.

Shiraz will become the airline’s 101st global destination and third route to Iran. The carrier already operates double daily services to the capital city of Tehran and five-flights-a-week to Mashad in northern Iran.

News of the new route further enhances Qatar Airways’ commitment to Iran, where it first began operating services to the country in 2004 with the launch of the Tehran route, followed a year later by Mashad.

The new services will be operated with the airline’s Airbus A320 aircraft, which features 12 seats in Business Class and 132 in Economy.

Traffic for the new route is expected to come from around the Gulf region as well as Europe and North America.

Qatar Airways Chief Executive Officer Akbar Al Baker said that the launch of flights to Shiraz supported the company’s business plan of operating to key cities around the world that the airline had identified as underserved.

“Qatar Airways is pleased to be bringing its third route to Iran online in early June. Iran is still largely underserved by international carriers and Shiraz in particular presents Qatar Airways with an opportunity to target new business,” he said.

“The potential is significant and we are looking forward to developing our market prospects with the launch of these new flights.”

“Iranian expatriates number between four and five million people, with many living in Europe and North America. We have good connections from these continents to Shiraz through our Doha hub, so facilitating travel for this expatriate community would soon be much easier.

“As the route to Shiraz develops, we will also look to add frequency and capacity to improve connectivity even further,” added Al Baker.

Shiraz is home to over 1.5 million people and one of the largest cities in Iran. As the capital city of the Fars Province, Shiraz is the economic centre of southern Iran. Outbound traffic from the city will significantly contribute to Qatar Airways’ new flight.

Shiraz Citadel

Globally, Qatar Airways has launched 13 new routes since February 2010 – Bengaluru (Bangalore), Copenhagen, Ankara, Tokyo, Barcelona, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Phuket, Hanoi, Nice, Budapest, Bucharest and Brussels. Two additional destinations will be launched over the next few weeks – Stuttgart from March 6 and the Syrian city of Aleppo from April 6, with the latter becoming the airline’s milestone 100th destination. On 15 June Qatar Airways will start a daily non-stop service to Venice, the airline’s third destination in Italy.

By 2013, Qatar Airways plans to serve over 120 key business and leisure destinations worldwide with a modern fleet of more than 120 aircraft. Today, the airline’s fleet stands at 94 aircraft, flying to 98 destinations across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, North and South America.

The DOHA – SHIRAZ schedules with effect from 5th June 2011 are:

Fridays and Sundays

Depart Doha QR496 at 0205 hrs, arrive Shiraz 0405 hrs

Depart Shiraz QR497 at 0520 hrs, arrive Doha 0600 hrs
ALL TIMES LOCAL

Notes to Editors

Qatar Airways has been voted as third best airline in the world following the annual Skytrax 2010 survey of 18 million international passengers. In the survey, the airline was also voted as having the best Business Class service and catering in the world, as well as being honoured as the Best Airline in The Middle East for the fifth consecutive year.

Qatar Airways also became the first airline to receive the Staff Service Excellence Award for the Middle East. The new award replaces the Best Cabin Staff in the Middle East category, which Qatar Airways has won for the past seven years. The expanded category now includes airline staff at all passenger touch points, including onboard, reservations, check-in and airport personnel.

Qatar Airways has orders for 80 Airbus A350s, 60 Boeing 787s and 32 Boeing 777s, with deliveries of the latter having started in November 2007. The airline is one of the customers of the twin-deck Airbus A380 ‘super jumbos’ with five on order and scheduled for delivery from 2012, by which time the New Doha International Airport would have opened. For more information, visit www.qatarairways.com.
Old April 19th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #1098
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Quote:

I would accept a short stop-over in Doha to fly with the 5 star airline Qatar Airways where you get a perfect entertainment system, brand new airplanes, high quality food and flight attendands who don't hide in galley and only come out once during the whole flight like on Iran Air.
yes but the flight's are ofcourse also more expensive, although I like Mahan Air's flight's from Dusseldorf, they don't need to stop

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old April 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #1099
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

1st 747-200 with Mahan Air paint.Preparations for launch of Iran's largest and most beautiful air restaurant. Painted with beautiful logo and name Mahan Air. [Ex. EC-JHD, Air Pullmantur]

After almost one year, it's activated again for Iran Air with a cool sticker of SkyGift (Iran Air Frequent Flyer Club).

View of the Imam Khomeini International Airport on a snowy day

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Last edited by TEHR_IR; April 19th, 2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 07:24 PM   #1100
IRANA320

I heard, that Iran Air will start flying Tehran-Shanghai and Tehran-Guangzou soon.

The site is only on persian, but maybe you can translate it with google translator.

http://tinn.ir/vdcdsf0o.yt05n6a22y.html

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines