daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 11th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #1381
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

Mahan Air A306 EP-MNM: nose gear collapsed during pushback @IKA (no pax onboard)

IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #1382
IRANA320

Iran Air passenger films toilet leak spilling down plane's aisles:

http://observers.france24.com/conten...let-leak-video
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #1383
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Likes (Received): 157

Sign this petition to lift sanctions on civilian airplanes in Iran, please share this to everyone (twitter, facebook, e-mail,...)

http://www.capt-shahbazi.com/

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #1384
IRANA320

Iran Air 747-300 project has been cancelled, they wont fly for IR in the near future...
Old July 20th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #1385
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 169

Man, Iran is gonna run out of airplanes that can actually fly soon.
krnboy1009 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #1386
everywhere
The Explorer

Likes (Received): 805

Iranian Pilot Campaigns to Lift Airliner Sanctions
(WCARN.com/Associated Press, Aug. 11)

Quote:
An Iranian pilot who guided an Iran Air Boeing passenger plane to a safe emergency landing last year despite broken front landing gear has launched a campaign to lift Western sanctions that restrict the import of civilian plane spare parts.

Captain Hooshang Shahbazi, hailed by Iran's media as a hero, told The Associated Press in an interview that sanctions are "inhuman" and claimed they violate international conventions to which the United States is a signatory.

U.S. sanctions prevent Tehran from updating its 35-year-old American aircraft, and European parts or planes are extremely difficult to obtain. Iran now relies on Russian aircraft, mostly older planes built before the fall of the Soviet Union for which parts are harder to replace.
more: http://www.wcarn.com/cache/news/20/20800.html
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #1387
krnboy1009

Its not really a wastern sanction but rather US sanction.

Thats what happens when you take 100s of its citizens hostages.
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #1388
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
Its not really a wastern sanction but rather US sanction.

Thats what happens when you take 100s of its citizens hostages.
that was 33 years ago in 1979 the sanctions were put in 1995, so that has nothing to do with it, and don't act like the US is a saint, atleast we didn't kill thousands of innocent people in several wars, I remember a soldier (american) saying in Afganistan, I kill people for fun.

I really hate it and can't stand it when people like you saying nosense stuff like this.

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old August 13th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #1389
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 63132

It's not completely nonsense since the sanctions started after the Iran hostage crisis.

And even though the USA hasn't really made an active effort to end this dispute, you can say the same about Iran. Saying that the other country has done worse things (from both sides) is not really helping the situation, it only helps the political hardliners who are the reason why both parties don't make the compromises from both sides that are needed to end the sanctions.

But needles to say is that this kind of discussions are not really encouraged in this section of the forum. Even though that is almost impossible since politics has such a big influence on the Iranian aviation.

Better end with some news.
Quote:
Iran to add 10 new passenger planes to civil air fleet

Head of Iran's Civil Aviation Organization Hamidreza Pahlevani says his country will add 10 new passenger planes to the national fleet by the next few months.

Pahlevani said on Sunday that two passenger planes have already joined the Iranian civil air fleet, and the rest will be in service in the coming months.
full article:
http://presstv.com/detail/2012/08/13...o-civil-fleet/
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #1390
krnboy1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHR_IR View Post
that was 33 years ago in 1979 the sanctions were put in 1995, so that has nothing to do with it, and don't act like the US is a saint, atleast we didn't kill thousands of innocent people in several wars, I remember a soldier (american) saying in Afganistan, I kill people for fun.

I really hate it and can't stand it when people like you saying nosense stuff like this.
US government aint a saint, definitely not. But come on now.

US government has never threatened to wipe off any countries off the planet. They never took hostages like band of terrorists. They dont just sanction countries because they hate em. Hugo Chavez and Venezuela. enough said.

Iraq War was definitely uncalled for but Afghanistan had to be done, what the hell would you do if terrorists killed thousands of people in yiur country and was hiding in Afghanistan, And lets face it, people die in wars, any wars, innocent people. And one soldier does not represent the entire country. its like saying one suicide bomber from Iran represents the entire Iranian populations.

33 years isnt a long time brother. And its not like Iran ever apologized for it neither. Unless I am missing something. Taking innocent people hostage is wrong no matter how you look at it. Its alright to be anti-American, thats really not the problem with Iran here. its the way they go about. And oh, the whole nuclear weapon too.

I mean what the hell did Iranians expect? they ticked off the world's biggest producers of high tech products.

Momo is 100% correct.

Last edited by krnboy1009; August 13th, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old August 13th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #1391
koloftoo

Likes (Received): 3

Yeah you're missing something alright! Planning and executing a coup d'etat against the democratically elected government of another country out of your embassy. Not to mention actively aiding and abetting the brutal dictator you forced on the Iranian people for 26 years.

I mean what the hell did Americans expect? They ticked off one of the world's biggest civilizations of all time.
koloftoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #1392
koloftoo

Likes (Received): 3

As for the sanctions, I think the net effect has been quite positive for Iran ever since the US started to seriously sanction the country. Industrial output and growth has steadfastly been growing in quantity and quality year after year. Look at the different car models and production numbers from different Iranian manufacturers. They started to talk about sanctioning gasoline imports, Iran quickly built a few refinery and most importantly developed natural gas engines for the domestic cars. Look at the vast array of industrial equipments from CNC machines to high efficiency combined cycle power plants that are today manufactured in Iran. Look at the rate of growth in science output in Iran. In fact Iran ranks 1st in the world in science growth. So I would say sanctions have done quite well for Iran. We have to put up with used airplanes for a few more years before a more permanent solution is found. If anything time is on Iran's side and not the US or Israel's.
koloftoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #1393
krnboy1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by koloftoo View Post
Yeah you're missing something alright! Planning and executing a coup d'etat against the democratically elected government of another country out of your embassy. Not to mention actively aiding and abetting the brutal dictator you forced on the Iranian people for 26 years.

I mean what the hell did Americans expect? They ticked off one of the world's biggest civilizations of all time.
Two wrongs dont make it right buddy. Shah did more for Iran than any of the Ayatollahs ever did. Cant say he was a benevolent ruler or not, I wouldnt know only Iranians would. But looking at the current state of Iran and the religious idiots, I can confidently say I'd rather have lived under the shah.

And Persia died off a loooooooooong time ago.
Old August 14th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #1394
everywhere
The Explorer

Likes (Received): 805

Quote:
Originally Posted by koloftoo View Post
As for the sanctions, I think the net effect has been quite positive for Iran ever since the US started to seriously sanction the country. Industrial output and growth has steadfastly been growing in quantity and quality year after year. Look at the different car models and production numbers from different Iranian manufacturers. They started to talk about sanctioning gasoline imports, Iran quickly built a few refinery and most importantly developed natural gas engines for the domestic cars. Look at the vast array of industrial equipments from CNC machines to high efficiency combined cycle power plants that are today manufactured in Iran. Look at the rate of growth in science output in Iran. In fact Iran ranks 1st in the world in science growth. So I would say sanctions have done quite well for Iran. We have to put up with used airplanes for a few more years before a more permanent solution is found. If anything time is on Iran's side and not the US or Israel's.
Thanks to a series of economic plans Iran has implemented since the 1979 revolution. That time I guess European nations' trade relation with Iran were okay before they joined the US in imposing sanctions against the country...
Old August 14th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #1395
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Quote:
US government aint a saint, definitely not. But come on now.

US government has never threatened to wipe off any countries off the planet. They never took hostages like band of terrorists. They dont just sanction countries because they hate em. Hugo Chavez and Venezuela. enough said.

Iraq War was definitely uncalled for but Afghanistan had to be done, what the hell would you do if terrorists killed thousands of people in yiur country and was hiding in Afghanistan, And lets face it, people die in wars, any wars, innocent people. And one soldier does not represent the entire country. its like saying one suicide bomber from Iran represents the entire Iranian populations.

33 years isnt a long time brother. And its not like Iran ever apologized for it neither. Unless I am missing something. Taking innocent people hostage is wrong no matter how you look at it. Its alright to be anti-American, thats really not the problem with Iran here. its the way they go about. And oh, the whole nuclear weapon too.

I mean what the hell did Iranians expect? they ticked off the world's biggest producers of high tech products.

Momo is 100% correct.
the US had a song like Bonb bomb Iran, the US invaded more than 3 countries in the past 100 years besides the crimes of the CIA.

when the US shot Iran Air 655 down, do you think they did an apologize and killed over 250 people????????????

there is no connection between the hostage crisis and the sanctions

besides High tech??? that why the US economy is sh*t now....

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old August 14th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #1396
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Quote:
Two wrongs dont make it right buddy. Shah did more for Iran than any of the Ayatollahs ever did. Cant say he was a benevolent ruler or not, I wouldnt know only Iranians would. But looking at the current state of Iran and the religious idiots, I can confidently say I'd rather have lived under the shah.

And Persia died off a loooooooooong time ago.
Persia never died, like history doesn't
a civilisation doesn't die.

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old August 14th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #1397
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9439

Please get back on topic.

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #1398
A3XX

Likes (Received): 9

So there you guys all are!!

I have been checking this forum in the past few months and thought everybody has left it already.

+1 for TEHR_IR, but, really guys, get back to the topic and show us some new photos!

from an aviation enthusiast
A3XX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #1399
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Lufthansa at IKA

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

Old August 14th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #1400
IRANA320

Iran Air Launches Codeshare Service with Turkish Airlines
by JL

Update at 0920GMT 09AUG12

Iran Air has launched codeshare service with Turkish Airlines, which Iran Air is displaying “IR” code on all Turkish Airlines’ service between Turkey and Iran. The codeshare service was launched on 23JUL12.

Codeshare routes as follows:

Ankara – Tehran
Istanbul – Mashad
Istanbul – Shiraz
Istanbul – Tabriz
Istanbul – Tehran

Codeshare flight number range is IR1872 – 1889 series
http://airlineroute.net/2012/08/09/irtk-codeshare/

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines