daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 7th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #1481
alejandro DS
BANNED

Likes (Received): 618

Iranian carriers operating the AN-158 would be great!!!
alejandro DS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #1482
Amirex111

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandro DS View Post
Iranian carriers operating the AN-158 would be great!!!
Ya checking interiors online I was impressed at the modern and clean finishes. It would perfect fit for Iran as it offers just the right number of seats and goes the distance.

Most arlines flying domestic or regional routes that are expanding would do well with this plane. And the local industry help from having them built locally will be great.

On a another note, there will be a areo show in Kish in 2 months. It is rumored to display Iran's first jet engine for commercial use!
Amirex111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #1483
alejandro DS
BANNED

Interesting!!!... Could you please provide us more info about the iranian civil engine?
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #1484
Amirex111

Quote:
Interesting!!!... Could you please provide us more info about the iranian civil engine?
I would love to know more myself but they are being very secretive. I did read today that in 5 years they would like to have enough Iranian made plane offers (100-150 seaters) to not need to import them.

Building planes is a costly thing but because of sanctions and Irans population and distance to travel within our borders it could make even economic sense to produce them.

Even western analyst have said that Irans requirement is over 1000 new planes.

If Iran can use this opportunity of sanctions to build its home industry before sanctions are lifted and make Iran lazy again to import, it would be great.
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #1485
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

I flew with a Kish Air MD 82 EP-LCI yesterday and I was shocked of the state of the plane. It started when I entered the plane,very smelly inside and ineffective cooling. You could see in which countries the aircraft previously operated since the (very dirty) tray tables were full of stickers with languages like Russian, German, Persian... Seats still the ones of the first delivery, very bad state, old, broken and recline malfunctioning. Aditionally there were no safety cards at all. Despite the sanctions, Iranian carriers can keep their planes up to date by buying new seats (like Mahan does) or at least cleaning them well and replacing broken parts in the cabin. I think an airline in the USA called Northwest operates DC-9 aircrafts which are about 40 years old,but their cabins look brand new since the airline is taking care of them. Mahan Air A300 MHF is the oldest still active one in the world, but I have flown with it and inside, it looked awesome! Some Iranian carriers should take more care of their planes.
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #1486
alejandro DS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirex111 View Post
I would love to know more myself but they are being very secretive. I did read today that in 5 years they would like to have enough Iranian made plane offers (100-150 seaters) to not need to import them.

Building planes is a costly thing but because of sanctions and Irans population and distance to travel within our borders it could make even economic sense to produce them.

Even western analyst have said that Irans requirement is over 1000 new planes.

If Iran can use this opportunity of sanctions to build its home industry before sanctions are lifted and make Iran lazy again to import, it would be great.
Thank you very much anyway... Yes, I think Iran will need at least 1000 new planes.
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #1487
Amirex111

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
I flew with a Kish Air MD 82 EP-LCI yesterday and I was shocked of the state of the plane. It started when I entered the plane,very smelly inside and ineffective cooling. You could see in which countries the aircraft previously operated since the (very dirty) tray tables were full of stickers with languages like Russian, German, Persian... Seats still the ones of the first delivery, very bad state, old, broken and recline malfunctioning. Aditionally there were no safety cards at all. Despite the sanctions, Iranian carriers can keep their planes up to date by buying new seats (like Mahan does) or at least cleaning them well and replacing broken parts in the cabin. I think an airline in the USA called Northwest operates DC-9 aircrafts which are about 40 years old,but their cabins look brand new since the airline is taking care of them. Mahan Air A300 MHF is the oldest still active one in the world, but I have flown with it and inside, it looked awesome! Some Iranian carriers should take more care of their planes.
Yes it is sad that some airlines cut such corners. I have also seen very nice cabins with dirty trays or sickers that are falling apart.

The sad thing is that those are both things that have NOTHING to do with sanctions!! We can even make our own plane seats but not keep them clean!!

Again that is not for all airlines and there are market leaders that are showing the way. The good thing is that most major routes now have multiply airline options so people can choose! Since price is equal anyways!
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #1488
IRANA320

Iran Air ‘hero pilot’ says he was kicked out for wearing his uniform when protesting sanctions

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — An Iranian pilot who became a national hero last year after he safely brought down a passenger plane with broken landing gear says that the country’s flag carrier airline has forcibly retired him for wearing its uniform during his private campaign against Western sanctions.

Captain Hooshang Shahbazi says sanctions imposed over the country’s controversial nuclear program prevent Tehran from updating its decades-old American and European aircraft, putting lives in danger.

But he said Thursday that Iran Air told him not to wear the uniform when he campaigns to lift sanctions. After he did so in a conference abroad earlier this year they retired him — even thought at age 55 he is still 10 years short of the official age.

Calls to the state-owned airline were not immediately returned.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/iranian...ced-to-retire/
Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:02 PM   #1489
IRANA320

EP-IBB with new paint now without the belly! Looks great!

http://www.flugzeugbilder.de/show.php?id=1177138
Old October 23rd, 2012, 11:20 PM   #1490
alejandro DS
BANNED

Awesome!!! I like it
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #1491
IRANA320

1st RJ-100 UR-CJW now painted in Mahan colours.
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #1492
IRANA320

Old October 24th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #1493
alejandro DS
BANNED

Iran Air titles in light blue shade?
Old October 25th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #1494
Сталин
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1116

Quote:
Iran Air titles in light blue shade?
That must just be the lighting.
Сталин no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:54 AM   #1495
alejandro DS
BANNED

OK Thanks!!!
Old October 26th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #1496
TheLittleKSA

Likes (Received): 682

I think this airport is located on the coast of the arabian gulf, isn't it ?
Old October 26th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #1497
IRANA320

which airport do you mean?
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #1498
Amirex111

This idiot is going around and distorting the Persian Gulf name just to get a reaction out of us. He is doing it all over the Iran page.
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #1499
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Likes (Received): 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleKSA View Post
I think this airport is located on the coast of the arabian gulf, isn't it ?
I only know the Persian gulf

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:33 AM   #1500
Amirex111

But interesting enough the Persian Gulf airport in southern Iran on the Persian Gulf should be opening soon.

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines